Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? (5286 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Can This Kind Of Thing Happen? #pics / Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / Abc's Of Jihad. Terrorist School Books For Pupils, Made In The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Ayemokhia: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
Internet video: Muslims must rise up in Nigeria

LAGOS, Nigeria – A video posted on a militant Web site calls for Muslims in Nigeria to use "the sword and the spear" to rise up against Christians in Africa's most populous nation, according to a translation released Tuesday by a U.S. group that monitors militant sites.

The video on the Ansar al-Mujahideen forum, a Web site sympathetic to al-Qaida, comes in the wake of a series of religious massacres and riots in central Nigeria.

The video shows television news footage and graphic images of those killed as a narrator tells viewers "the solution is jihad in the cause of Allah," according to a translation provided by the SITE Intelligence Group.

"Negotiations, dialogues and protests will not stop the advancement of the enemies and their massacres," the narrator says. "Nothing will stop them but the sword and the spear."

The narrator also says the "crusader West" is interested in Nigeria for its abundant oil reserves. He refers to President Umaru Yar'Adua, a Muslim from northern Nigeria, as a "tyrant" who allowed the killing of a sect leader whose group's attacks on police stations and rioting left more than 700 people dead in July.

Nigeria's military ended fighting led by the group, known as Boko Haram, after seizing its leader. The group's name means "Western education is sacrilege" in the local Hausa language. The group's leader was later killed, and the army and police gave differing accounts of his capture that suggested that he may have died while in police custody.

The release of the 10-minute video comes after more than 200 people — mostly Christians — died last week in massacres in villages outside of the central Nigerian city of Jos. More than 300 people — mostly Muslims — died in January during rioting in the same region.

Nigeria, a country of 150 million people, is split almost evenly between Christians in its south and Muslim in its north. However, the nation has yet to see an al-Qaida-inspired terror group take hold inside its borders — despite others beginning to thrive in West Africa.

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi said nothing would stop Nigeria's ethnic violence except splitting the nation into Muslim and Christian states, Libya's official news agency reported Tuesday. Gadhafi told a group of African student leaders in Tripoli that the violence in Nigeria is a "deep-rooted conflict of a religious nature" that requires a radical solution.

In May 2003, Osama bin Laden purportedly urged Muslims in the country to rise up against one of the "regimes who are slaves of America."

Security forces claimed to break up such a linked terror cell in November 2007. Last year, a 23-year-old Nigerian who later claimed ties to al-Qaida attempted to detonate an explosive abroad a Christmas Day flight headed via Amsterdam to Detroit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100316/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by ichommy(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
God help us oo shocked Nigeria at large
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by 68816419: 3:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ayemokhia :i think u r a fool 4 posting that, some tym i ask my self if this forum is really owned by a nigerian,cause u hardly hear any good news
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by smooooooth: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
now Nigeria has taken center stage in the international community, and has suddenly bcome the battle ground for all kind of international interest. good, its what we want. but we shld remember, when 2 elephants fight, its the ground that suffers the most.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
when the battle is set then we will no who is who.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Jobig(m): 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
Into two is not enough for nigeria,rather into six parts.nigeria should be divided according to it's geo political regions.ie south south,south east,etc.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by kufreabasi(m): 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
He that carry sword must surely die with it. Evil will and must surely slay the wicked. It will never work out for them.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Dereformer(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
we are ready for the animals. i say again, we are ready. We are prepared. WE will retaliate Jos killings. I am an Igboman and a christain. I MUST avenge the killing of my christian brothers and sisters  in Jos. It is my no 1  Mission.

Armageddon has indeed started.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by emmydee(m): 3:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
divide it into 103
i support the move pls, hurry up.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by 68816419: 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
i dont know y ibo people always talks about divition even if the topic is " Amokwu Affa and Umuoka communal war" in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State .?
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by viclee009: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
Let dem try, they will be hunted down like desert rabits.
al- qaida is NOT GOD.
Nigeria is neither the U.S.A nor do we fear to deal a devastating blow against extremists.
kill my brother, I will wipe out ur family God no go vex.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Goldmind1(m): 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
Is Nigerian not yet a failed state? Ojukwu saw this 40 years ago. Good morning to the people of south south, north central and south west.
Lets suffer it together, we missed it in 1967.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by kcreal(f): 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ dereformer,

Abeg make una see my head oooo, I don't want to look for it, it's very very important to me.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by snowdrops(m): 4:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
fuckmedown:

Ayemokhia :i think u r a fool 4 posting that, some tym i ask my self if this forum is really owned by a nigerian,cause u hardly hear any good news
As your name signify you are a silly person.
If you want good news, lock yourself indoors, cover your ears with cotton wool and remain there while others deal with the real world.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by kcreal(f): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ emmydee,

103. is it enough? let them divide it into 200, each ethnic group to be country. maybe there will be peace then.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ayemokhia:

Internet video: Muslims must rise up in Nigeria

LAGOS, Nigeria – A video posted on a militant Web site calls for Muslims in Nigeria to use "the sword and the spear" to rise up against Christians in Africa's most populous nation, according to a translation released Tuesday by a U.S. group that monitors militant sites.

The video on the Ansar al-Mujahideen forum, a Web site sympathetic to al-Qaida, comes in the wake of a series of religious massacres and riots in central Nigeria.

The video shows television news footage and graphic images of those killed as a narrator tells viewers "the solution is jihad in the cause of Allah," according to a translation provided by the SITE Intelligence Group.

"Negotiations, dialogues and protests will not stop the advancement of the enemies and their massacres," the narrator says. "Nothing will stop them but the sword and the spear."

[size=18pt]The narrator also says the "crusader West" is interested in Nigeria for its abundant oil reserves.[/size] He refers to President Umaru Yar'Adua, a Muslim from northern Nigeria, as a "tyrant" who allowed the killing of a sect leader whose group's attacks on police stations and rioting left more than 700 people dead in July.

Nigeria's military ended fighting led by the group, known as Boko Haram, after seizing its leader. The group's name means "Western education is sacrilege" in the local Hausa language. The group's leader was later killed, and the army and police gave differing accounts of his capture that suggested that he may have died while in police custody.

The release of the 10-minute video comes after more than 200 people — mostly Christians — died last week in massacres in villages outside of the central Nigerian city of Jos. More than 300 people — mostly Muslims — died in January during rioting in the same region.

Nigeria, a country of 150 million people, is split almost evenly between Christians in its south and Muslim in its north. However, the nation has yet to see an al-Qaida-inspired terror group take hold inside its borders — despite others beginning to thrive in West Africa.

Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi said nothing would stop Nigeria's ethnic violence except splitting the nation into Muslim and Christian states, Libya's official news agency reported Tuesday. Gadhafi told a group of African student leaders in Tripoli that the violence in Nigeria is a "deep-rooted conflict of a religious nature" that requires a radical solution.

In May 2003, Osama bin Laden purportedly urged Muslims in the country to rise up against one of the "regimes who are slaves of America."

Security forces claimed to break up such a linked terror cell in November 2007. Last year, a 23-year-old Nigerian who later claimed ties to al-Qaida attempted to detonate an explosive abroad a Christmas Day flight headed via Amsterdam to Detroit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100316/ap_on_re_af/af_nigeria_violence

the "abundant oil resources" here belong to the south NOT the muslim north. We in the south do not mind selling our oil to the West. The muslim north can leave and subsist on al qaeda handouts if they want.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Dereformer(m): 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
@kcreal

If you are a moslem woe betide you. But, if you are a christian, get prepared. The day of reckoning is at hand.

May God help us.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by jice(m): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by agitator: 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
fuckmedown:

confirmed im.becile
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by kingsboy12(m): 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2010
Guess splitting Naija is the best, cos Northerns are something else cool
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Poundstan: 5:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
If that will end this mad and senseless killing, i am in support.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by snowdrops(m): 5:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
In the midst of the anarchy and general lawlessness, what has the acting president done? Nothing.
Not even addressing the nation or calling a press conference at least to calm frayed nerves and reassure the public.
Shows his utter contempt for us.
At least we know he is ACTIVELY signing contracts daily at Aso rock.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by OvieE: 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
snowdrops:

In the midst of the anarchy and general lawlessness, what has the acting president done? Nothing.
Not even addressing the nation or calling a press conference at least to calm frayed nerves and reassure the public.

U Muslim man, just do me a favor-----shut up. Got it.

Jonathan is recognized around the world and have been invited to the White House. How many useless leaders in the North have received such an honor. The Yar'a-die was never recognized or received by anybody. Just live Jonathan alone and let him prosecute the wonderful job he is doing.

As for dividing the country, I am 100% for it. The useless and brainless north can go kill themselves. Idiota mulsims
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
Muslims in the north will never succumb to the pressure because the oil is oiling their greedy pockets. If before time they had this resources Nigeria by now would be history, Suckers!!
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
snowdrops:

@Least Jonathan has dissolved the Federal Executive Council today

@poster, The same news is also posted by ctv http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100316/nigeria_violence_100316/20100316?hub=World

I have said it and will say it again, THE TROUBLE IS NOT YET ENDED BUT WILL NOT DEGENERATE TO WAR OR BREAK UP
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by ebor(m): 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
The time 2divide this country is ripe. it's the surest solutn 2d inexplicable barbarism of these nothern muslim terrorist. when d country is divided we go c how al-qaeda handout go sustain dem. bastards. angry angry
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by VPG: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
Nigeria leader Goodluck Jonathan dissolves cabinet

Goodluck Jonathan assumed executive powers on 9 February
Nigeria's acting president, Goodluck Jonathan, has dissolved the country's cabinet, government sources say.

Mr Jonathan became acting president in February amid the continuing illness of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Mr Yar'Adua went to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November last year and, despite returning to Nigeria recently, has not been seen in public.

The cabinet was picked by Mr Yar'Adua and correspondents say Mr Jonathan is now trying to stamp his own authority.

Election candidate

Information Minister Dora Akunyili said after a cabinet meeting: "Today, the acting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, dissolved the Federal Executive Council (cabinet).

ANALYSIS

Chris Ewokor, BBC News, Abuja
The move was expected, considering the stories that made the rounds of the newspaper front pages in Nigeria on Wednesday. Some here had been calling for the dissolution of the cabinet, suggesting it had not performed to expectations.
Many here will see this as a major move by the acting president to consolidate his position.

But it is not the first such action. Soon after he became acting president he asserted his authority by swapping ministers - including the minister of justice, who was seen as a close ally of ailing President Yar'Adua.

"He did not give us any reason for the dissolution. Permanent secretaries will take charge of the ministries from tomorrow."

Ms Akunyili said that Mr Jonathan would issue a statement soon on the future make-up of the cabinet.

Mr Jonathan will have to submit the list of new ministers to the National Assembly.

It was only on 9 February that the assembly appointed Mr Jonathan as acting president, allowing him to sign legislation, chair cabinet meetings, reshuffle ministers and release oil funds.

Since he assumed power he has been faced with serious communal violence between Muslim and Christian groups near the city of Jos that has left hundreds dead. On Wednesday, at least 10 people were killed in an attack on a mainly Christian village near Jos.

Armed groups who say they are fighting for a fairer share of oil wealth have also continued their campaign in the Niger Delta.

YAR'ADUA ILLNESS TIMELINE

23 Nov 2009: Goes to hospital in Saudi Arabia
26 Nov: Doctors say he has pericarditis, a heart problem
23 Dec: First court case filed urging him to step down
12 Jan: President gives telephone interview from Saudi Arabia
27 Jan: Cabinet declares president fit
9 Feb: Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan made acting president
24 Feb: Yar'Adua returns
President Yar'Adua was treated in Saudi Arabia for what his doctor described as acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. There are no details of his current condition.

Amid the continuing uncertainty over Mr Yar'Adua, it was announced on Tuesday that next year's presidential election could be brought forward by three months.

Mr Yar'Adua's term of office expires in May 2011 but he is not expected to stand again.

The ruling People's Democratic Party, to which both Mr Yar'Adua and Mr Jonathan belong, has a policy of alternating between Muslim and Christian presidential candidates, allowing each to serve two four-year terms.

Mr Yar'Adua, a Muslim, was elected in 2007 after Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, had ruled for eight years.

The People's Democratic Party this month confirmed that a Muslim would be the candidate next year to continue this policy, ruling out Mr Jonathan, a Christian.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by latepa(m): 8:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
ebor:

The time 2divide this country is ripe. it's the surest solutn 2d inexplicable barbarism of these nothern muslim terrorist. when d country is divided we go c how al-qaeda handout go sustain dem. bastards. angry angry

My Brother i feel your Pain
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by koolme: 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
Let the tear and weeds grow together till the harvest ,
Has anyone of you ever see where darkness and Light live together. NO WAY!
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by akanke79: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2010
Nigeria the land of honey and good things of life.What Nigerians fails to understand is that the same tactics that has been used all over the world like IRAQ(SUNNI/SHITES DIVIDE AND RULE) is about to take place in Nigeria soon.All the móvies from Hollywood like Avatar ,Wolverine are messages directed to the Nigerian viewers to pass a message that our beloved country MIGHT be attacked in the nearest future just like Iraq,Afghanistan ,Pakistan  etc.All that is needed is to chase AlQeida(Ciada) to Nigeria .FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALQEIDA DOESNT EXIST.ALQEIDA MEANS FOUNDATION  OR CIADA AS IT IS CALLED WHILE TALIBAN MEANS STUDENTS.
while we Nigerians are busy opening our open walls for the lizards to exploit.for your information Hollywood is not about entertainment its about foreign Policy of the Empire nations. Hollywood stems from the same DNA as US foreign policy.The lizards are planning a grand style to reoccupy us just like the colonial days which this time around its will be much worse.Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa anyone  who controls Nigeria and her resources control all Africa.While Nigerians are busy killing themselves all in the name of religion which in ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY AMOUNTS TO AGGRESSION On BOTH SIDES,ALL THE KILLINGS I HAVE "SEEN SO FAR ARE POLITICALLY MOTIVATED BY YOUR POLITICIANS.THEY MAKE  TWO OPPOSING SIDES AT WAR WITH EACH OTHER(MACHIEVELLI PRINCIPLES) SO YOU ARE BLIND TO NOTICE THEIR ATROCITIES OF SELLING OFF YOUR FATHERLAND ,MASSIVE BETRAYAL OF THE COUNTRY  IS GOING ON IN THE COUNTRY DAY IN DAY OUT  ,CHINA IS BUYING FERTILE FARMLANDS ALL OVER AFRICA WHILE WE NIGERIANS ARE BUSY FILLING OUR MINDS WITH HATRED AND TRIBALISM  AGAINST EACH OTHER.OUR SLAVE MASTERS CAN RETURN IN A GRAND STYLE AND ENSLAVE US THE REAL WAY. WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS IS NOT DIVISION BUT UNITY OF EACH AND EVERY TRIBE,RELIGION ETC BECAUSE ONLY THAT CAN SAVE US.

Destabilization of The World Using"The Taliban/Al-Qaeda Forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bb_JNbia60&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTq_V4U_sA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1AyXR0HRSE

FOR MACHIAEVELLI
http://www.constitution.org/mac/prince00.htm
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
kennyaribs:

@Least Jonathan has dissolved the Federal Executive Council today

@poster, The same news is also posted by ctv http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100316/nigeria_violence_100316/20100316?hub=World

I have said it and will say it again, THE TROUBLE IS NOT YET ENDED BUT WILL NOT DEGENERATE TO WAR OR BREAK UP

I support you. They are just doing all these so that the prediction of America that "Nigeria will break up by 2015" will come to pass.
Re: Shocking: Al-qaida Declares Jihad In Nigeria! Can They Succeed? by wakies(m): 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
This is quite interesting, I think we are making a mistake but despite the mistake we are making head way cos i support division.

The mistake here is not the north muslim but the hausa muslim. We need to know that the hausa man does not recorgnise any muslim as his brother. if you are not an hausa then you are not and hausa.

Let them on, we are waiting.

For Nigerians who are scared, this is the best time to take the bull by the horn if really they want the division. We in the south are not fools for which they have taken us for, they have enriched themselves with the oil in the south and created states and local government in which they use to coin conceptes like "Majority" to exploit Nigerians,

Even if its with our last blood, we must confront our fears for the sake of our generation unborn or else this killings will continue to re-occur,
Please dont take me for a voilent person but if Nigeria must divide for the sake of peace to reign, i suscribe to it and when we get to that bridge we will cross it.

My message for those bastards that call themselves "Al Queda", they have meet their perfect match. Gone are the days when people live in fear, Biafra war was a fiction, let them come we will show them reality, atleast we have oil we can give to the Americans and other hungry world powers, maybe they will trade their invivisible groundnut and beans that can not feed a state in Nigeria for a whole year.

The bomb blast in Warri is just a drop in the ocean for them to see. Niger deltans are ready, we have suffered enough in the hands of this ungrateful dogmatic religious followers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kuda Bank Overdraft (all You Need To Know) / Rwanda's Minister Of Youth Resigns Over indecent Pictures / Funny Picture Of Buhari And Good Luck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.