Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me (2932 Views)

Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff / "My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" -lady / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by wendypenny: 12:43am On Oct 31, 2017
Shared as received...

I have been married for 5 years and when I met my husband , he had nothing. Then during my birthdays all he does is pray for me. I knew he had nothing so I never made a fuss about it. Now we are married and living comfortably, he has never bought me a birthday present, never celebrated our wedding anniversary. I even have to be announcing it for weeks , use it on my profile etc. I even beg him to take me to dinner on such occasions but he will make a mockery face at me and tell me to be waiting. The day will come and go. Its quite painful cos I feel unappreciated. Even the prayers too he has stopped them. Pls help me fams, what should I do
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by HungerBAD: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Which kind wahala be this?

10 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by WeNoGoDie(m): 1:04am On Oct 31, 2017
Some men totally lack understanding of things that mean a lot to women. In their eyes it's foolishness. I used to be like that too and it took me a long time to understand though I'm still learning.

Birthdays meant nothing to me especially my own. It was just like any other day. If you wished me happy birthday I felt it's stupidity. Being emotional was foolishness to me. I felt you're not being a man. It took a long time for all that to change. I became sensitive.

If the husband doesn't physically batter and abuse the woman in question and provides for her needs, she should bear that neglect as her cross while praying he comes to someday. Everyone has a cross to bear in marriage. Some big and some small.

Sometimes too we need to ask questions of how the woman behaves in the marriage.I mean her attitude. Also If husband dislikes the wife for no reason or even for bad behavior, he won't care about her birthdays or anniversary.

These are factors at play here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Truth be told I have nothing to say lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by eezeribe(m): 5:19am On Oct 31, 2017
Nigerian females are perpetually needy... and they have virtually nothing to offer in return...
A man has married you and put food on your table...
You still want him to be celebrating you...
Are you Christmas

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by wendypenny: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Some men totally lack understanding of things that mean a lot to women. In their eyes it's foolishness. I used to be like that too and it took me a long time to understand though I'm still learning.

Birthdays meant nothing to me especially my own. It was just like any other day. If you wished me happy birthday I felt it's stupidity. Being emotional was foolishness to me. I felt you're not being a man. It took a long time for all that to change. I became sensitive.

If the husband doesn't physically batter and abuse the woman in question and provides for her needs, she should bear that neglect as her cross while praying he comes to someday. Everyone has a cross to bear in marriage. Some big and some small.

Sometimes too we need to ask questions of how the woman behaves in the marriage.I mean her attitude. Also If husband dislikes the wife for no reason or even for bad behavior, he won't care about her birthdays or anniversary.

These are factors at play here.
Thank you for your wise input. She is really lamenting cos she owns a gift shop and sees how men come to her to buy surprise gift items for their wives. Its really not about the gift and the cost, its the thought and efforts that counts to her

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by wendypenny: 7:07am On Oct 31, 2017
eezeribe:
Nigerian females are perpetually needy... and they have virtually nothing to offer in return...
Are you Christmas

Oga , when you marry pls pls pls do it to your wife. I wonder why children section was Not created on nairaland. If you no get wetin to talk abeg waka pass

20 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Dyt(f): 7:35am On Oct 31, 2017
eezeribe:
Are you Christmas

I am not surprised
undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by tracyfemmmm: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2017
Communication is key. Let him know how his actions or in this case inaction affects you.
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2017
Do you buy anything for him on his birthday
Start doing it cos do unto others what you wished to be done unto you.. Start appreciating him too on his birthday if you haven't been doing that.. Maybe he would have a change of mind

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by barbiecue(f): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2017
Talk 2 ur husband, am sure he would understand
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=fatymore post=61931041]Do you buy anything for him on his birthday
Start doing it cos do unto others what you wished to be done unto you.. Start appreciating him too on his birthday if you haven't been doing that.. Maybe he would have a change of mind [/quote
I guess you are igbo, please I don't mean to be sentimental here but ur way of reasoning to this question is perfect.
you just have the answer to the question
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by prestigiouslady: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2017
If he is a traditionalist, it might be difficult to see him change...traditional men don't do "dates" they don't celebrate birthdays or wedding anniversary.
If he is in the class of men that believe as long provides for the home and he's faithful to you, you need no more, you might not be able to convince him.

Communicate with him, tell him things you fancy, you can start and urge him to reciprocate the gesture...
And if he doesn't change, the truth is you'll have to learn how to cope with it
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by sisisioge: 9:48am On Oct 31, 2017
I totally understand you. Which kind thing be that. Since you've talked about it nicely and he's not buying, why not read him the riot act.

Get the kids outta the house. Then read the riot act to him page by page. No fight fight o...but make sure he listens grin

He shall be you a cake next time.
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Acidosis(m): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Start doing those things you wish to see. Don't just talk and nag, walk and act.

Change is better enforced by practising what you preach.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=Oma307 post=61933072][/quote]not igbo.. Yoruba
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
fatymore:
not igbo.. Yoruba
you must be smart
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oma307:

you must be smart
so Yoruba isn't smart abi sad
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by LadySarah: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
If he is like myself that doesnt attach mesning to birthdays,then you need to stop worrying.if he does his duties as a man and as your lover then you have no problem.
some men cheat on their wives and use lavish gifts to placate them,is that whAt you want?
The most important is to be happy with yourself,if he wont celebrate you then celebrate yourself.life is too short to worry over nothing.
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Prognose: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
fatymore:
Do you buy anything for him on his birthday
Start doing it cos do unto others what you wished to be done unto you.. Start appreciating him too on his birthday if you haven't been doing that.. Maybe he would have a change of mind

Thank you.
I doubt she does it. If she did he would have reciprocated at least a little bit.
Most women like to receive romance but rarely know how to give it back.

On the other side of the coin, some men just don't see anything special in celebrating birthdays. It's more of an upbringing issue. However if the woman leads by example, he learns to do it too.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
fatymore:
so Yoruba isn't smart abi sad
I didn't say so, but you are one in the million with your way of reasoning
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oma307:

I didn't say so, but you are one in the million with your way of reasoning
thanks..I am blushing tongue
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
fatymore:
thanks..I am blushing tongue
hmmm I hope I get to know you
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
wendypenny:
Thank you for your wise input. She is really lamenting cos she owns a gift shop and sees how men come to her to buy surprise gift items for their wives. Its really not about the gift and the cost, its the thought and efforts that counts to her

Lol. Silly woman. Maybe she should change career and start selling palm oil. Doesn't she know that Most of those coming to buy gifts are either buying for their girlfriends or their concubines.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oma307:

hmmm
I hope I get to know you
no wahala
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by darlenese(f): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
this should not be an issue nau, some women sef ,u never ready for marriage .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
wendypenny:
Shared as received...

I have been married for 5 years and when I met my husband , he had nothing. Then during my birthdays all he does is pray for me. I knew he had nothing so I never made a fuss about it. Now we are married and living comfortably, he has never bought me a birthday present, never celebrated our wedding anniversary. I even have to be announcing it for weeks , use it on my profile etc. I even beg him to take me to dinner on such occasions but he will make a mockery face at me and tell me to be waiting. The day will come and go. Its quite painful cos I feel unappreciated. Even the prayers too he has stopped them. Pls help me fams, what should I do

Your husband doesn't see the need to be expressive emotionally...or doesn't love you enough...he sees you as a necessity not as " his one and only ".. This is wht to do, ask the Lord to break Him down, render him a broken and a fresh vessel...Pray fervently for at least ten minutes on this, pray without ceasing for close to a year, and watch the results

1 Like

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
fatymore:
no wahala
I have sent u mail
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by fatymore(f): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oma307:

I have sent u mail
in my Dreams abi
Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by Freedomforall: 1:30am On Nov 01, 2017
wendypenny:
Shared as received...

If he doesn't celebrate you, celebrate yourself.Get friends and family members and co workers and do your own birthday simple.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by ginikagreene: 2:25am On Nov 01, 2017
Freedomforall:

If he doesn't celebrate you, celebrate yourself.Get friends and family members and co workers and do your own birthday simple.

Madam, this is the best advice ever... If no one celebrates you, celebrate yourself.

In 2016, I went all out for my husband's birthday... I did it all, even his attire for that day, cake, gift and party seffff... I did it with love and I was happy and he was happy too.

Then this year I did not even get 10naira sweet from him, kaiiiiiiiiiii... I almost fainted and when I confronted him, he said "he is not a birthday person". Look at someone that was jumping all over and even had a party last year.

So, I read my Bible and it says "whatever a man sows he shall reap", as my mumu done do naiii im make I pack myself one side when it was his birthday this year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me by juman(m): 4:43am On Nov 01, 2017
Unnecessary wahala.

That was the man you married.

A man that does not take "special" day special.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is He Trying To Sell Me Off / What Is The Importance Of Having Children? / Pic Of The Day...(koboko)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.