Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment (26428 Views)

Unemployment: Nigerian Graduate Burns His Certificates (Video) / Stephen Soleye, 21-Year-Old First Class Graduate Gets New Job With Rolls Royce / News: Unemployed Nigerian First Class Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Olumaeme: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Even the school she graduated from can't employ her and her first class? Something is fishy...

Naija never bad reach that level.. Physics oooo not social studies
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
exclusivepp:
First Class Nigerian Graduate
A first class Nigerian graduate has taken to Twitter to openly beg people to help her get a job. Odufuwa Sola, 22, from Ogun State, has remained jobless since she graduated in 2015 from Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo State.

“I’m Odufuwa Sola, I’m a First Class Graduate of Physics with Electronics from Ajayi Crowther University,” she tweeted on Tuesday from her handle @MzKansola. “Kindly help me retweet. I need a Job.”

Ms. Sola did not just make a First Class but was the best graduating student in the university for that year with a 4.83 G.P.A. She had the honour of delivering a valedictory speech in the school.

Ms. Sola’s appeal for help has been retweeted more than 3,000 times by other Twitter users.

But that is just the best she has gotten for now as nobody has asked her to come over for a job interview.
Ms. Sola, who said she was amazed at the rate people retweeted her post, told sources she was inspired to resort to Twitter for help having seen other people with similar situation get help through the social media.

Ms. Sola said she has applied for employment at the Ajayi Crowther University, but that she was yet to get a reply from the school.

She has also submitted applications to several companies and organisations within the country.

“Most jobs I apply for are graduate trainee slots that are science-related,” Ms. Sola said, adding that she was not feeling sad at all that she has not been able to get a job.
“I know the situation of the country, though I didn’t expect it to take so long,” she said. “But I trust God.”

Also, she does not regret studying physics. She said she would do it again and again if she were to start her university education all over. “Physics is fun,” she said.

Ms. Sola’s dream is to work someday as a renewable energy analyst, she told sources.
Meanwhile, she has started learning tailoring at Ijebu-ode, Ogun State, where she resides, while waiting and hoping to be called up for a job interview soon.

“My family has been supportive, everyone around me is just wishing me the best and praying I get a job soon,” said Ms. Shola who lost her dad in 2015, few months to her graduation ceremony.

“My appeal to Nigerians is to help me get a job of my dream and passion. I know it’s not easy out there, but with the help of God, I know something good will happen soonest. Nigerians are good people, it’s just the situation we find ourselves in as a country,” she said.

When Sources contacted the spokesperson of the Ajayi Crowther University, Alvan Ewuzie, he said that giving first class graduates instant employment in the university depended on the availability of space in the department where the student graduated from.

[url]Sourceembarassed/url] http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/22-yr-old-first-class-nigerian-graduate-takes-twitter-beg-employment/

What nonsense is this girl talking.
U graduated in 2015, started NYSC in 2016 n finished or will finish NYSC by the end of 2017............WTFs
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Chuksmonika(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
billyG:
Y cnt she use her"1st class" brain 2 create job for herself & others?
is lyk u dey craze,will she use certificate or sand to create job,doesnt it involve money,i hate it when people like u paint others as Lazy and never do well by the way you talk,please if u dnt hv anytin beta to say,move on!

2 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by MrDKR(m): 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
python1:
Part of me tells me this is not true. undecided First class, Physics with Electronic, 22, female, yet jobless. Na lie joor. Job scarce but e never reach like that. Not adding up.

See you! You never know the reality of unemployment for Naija... Unemployed first class graduates full everywhere even 21years!

2 Likes

Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by boiz2men(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
mceze:

Pls, how can I learn this programming..probably teach me if you can..My email-angelezeus@yahoo.com

You should send a pm
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Emmatik(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
What are you even saying??...She said she graduated in 2015...You are saying she served in 2015...Who's lying now?

hayoholla:
she's speaking the truth. we close friends. we've known each other for a long time now and all what she posted is the truth and nothing more. she served in akure, at the federal university of technology 2015, batch b. she lost her dad few months to a convocation in November 2015 and since then, things has not been rosy. also shes actually 22 according to what she posted, thats her real age! so please, instead of chastising her, if you know you can be of help in any way. she will appreciate it. if you need any information on how to contact her. please, send me a pm. thank you
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by billyG(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Chuksmonika:
is lyk u dey craze,will she use certificate or sand to create job,doesnt it involve money,i hate it when people like u paint others as Lazy and never do well by the way you talk,please if u dnt hv anytin beta to say,move on!
na u dey craze!do u need to b given money b4 u use yur medulla oblongata(brain),if she cannot use yur certificate & brain y did she go to school to get 1st class?do u know her parent,sibliings & other in d society are looking up to her to use her 1st class brain to make a change in their life..an enormous resources wasting away.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by SuPeRq(f): 12:38am On Nov 02, 2017
PrymChois:
Since 2015?
and Best Graduating Student?
No! No!

I smell Something Fishy in this girl's quest to be employed.

Its also a dent to the school that their Best graduating student is unemployed.

Hope the Management of the school sees this.
I pray they see that,,,, getting first class ain't synonymous to getting a job this days.. Nothing is fishy.... I can testify boss..
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by SuPeRq(f): 12:41am On Nov 02, 2017
python1:
Part of me tells me this is not true. undecided First class, Physics with Electronic, 22, female, yet jobless. Na lie joor. Job scarce but e never reach like that. Not adding up.
Don't judge yet... It might be absolute truth......
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by Smartjob1(f): 1:50am On Nov 02, 2017
This is really bad.

Need a job? Easy HR solutions? See my signature.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by olagamalin(m): 3:35am On Nov 04, 2017
anitapreeti:

In Unilag, the best in each faculty gets automatic employment not to talk of the best in the whole school!!!

What a shame!!

Which of the Unilag pls??
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by anitapreeti(f): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2017
olagamalin:

Which of the Unilag pls??

Same Unilag. smiley
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by oladoja1(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2017
Mjsod:

and you have a job already right?
many are in this position, myself inclusive, without a job bt doing small runs to survive. finished nysc last year and nothing till now. you're lucky on the age side tho
am still serving
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by olagamalin(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2017
anitapreeti:

Same Unilag. smiley

Far from me to state you are wrong, but a certain Ayodele Dada didn't get automatic employment.
Re: 22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment by anitapreeti(f): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2017
olagamalin:

Far from me to state you are wrong, but a certain Ayodele Dada didn't get automatic employment.

Fine...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Extends 2017 N-Power Application | N-Power Device Delivery To Commence / Best Recruitment Companies In Nigeria - 20 List Of Recruitment Agencies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (dssc)applicants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.