Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,034 members, 7,845,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? (12847 Views)

Herbert Wigwe Surviving Children Show Strength At Funeral For Parents (photo) / I Cant Believe I Am Surviving With POS / Tesla Coming To Nigeria, The End Of Electricity Problem, Welcome Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nevee: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Seankay323:

Competitors nko if their prices stay the same
True. But then, it's either the "competitors" are producing locally (similar to OP's case where certain factors like alternative sourcing of power still drive prices up) or importing its goods to resell here. The latter might be much worse given the unfavourable foreign exchange circumstance.

Only if they are deliberately keeping prices low to drive others out of the market and increase prices thereafter (in a somewhat monopolistic manner) to cover the losses already incurred.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nevee: 10:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
AuroraB:
grin Na only him geh betting shop for the area ni cheesy
Lol...other shops for the area too go dey run on gen na
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by hesilo(m): 10:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
Osinbajo and whoever initiated that npower is the stupidest person I have ever known. Such a gross misplaced priority. All the money that go down that shitty stuff should have been enough to make at least 25 states have uninterrupted power. Check the 30k paid to every single person of the thousands that are involved who are apparently doing nothing. And yet that Samsung tablet and other devices. God knows how much must have gone down just to cure a sickness temporarily. Whoever gets 30k now stops getting it next year and yet goes back to cry. Why not make concerted effort to see that the huge waste on npower programme goes to ensuring steady electricity and believe you me Alot of people would be employed. Nigeria is truly a zoo, nobody thinks with their brains rather they do with their anus. Npower is one of the worst Ideology especially at this time and in a country like ours that lack so many basic amenities, cos most people who are already employed are still being paid, old women in the village who cannot operate Samsung tablet all have tablets and do nothing with it, and yet money that's supposed to be doing something else is going down the wrong way. I gave up on Nigeria long ago.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by murphy02(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ur own still better, I operate a cyber cafe where I spend 10 to 12k weekly only on fuel.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Mypeople2(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
jamariwolf:
I work online. I'm a freelancer and sometimes I would have a job to deliver quickly and no light to charge laptop. it's so frustrating. this country won't kill someone.
This online stuff is it actually working ? I mean do they really pay someone and pay promptly too?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by UncleJudax(m): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2017
Saverin:
Meanwhile in Germany, power companies are paying people to use electricity.

Lol. Germany is a Nation/country.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
Mypeople2:
This online stuff is it actually working ? I mean do they really pay someone and pay promptly too?
it works!
but you must work really hard before you see your first success

and forget all those e-book sellers
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Partnerbiz(f): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
kay29000:
100K bill? That is too much.

My business is strictly online, and my laptop battery is strong, so I buy 1k fuel at the beginning of the week, and by weekend, I buy 500 Naira fuel extra...that's all. 1K5 fuel for the week. And I switch on the gen at least 5 hours daily. Please note that I use that small blue Gen (I Better Pass My Neighbor).

So you use less than 1.5 litres for 5 hours?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kay29000(m): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
Partnerbiz:

So you use less than 1.5 litres for 5 hours?

Full tank is 3 litres, and it lasts me a little over 9 hours. The only things I power with the generator are my laptop, my phone, and the standing fan by my worktable. They are all lightweight.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by joinnow: 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
Is there anybody, noticing this except me. I'm 22. I know I m young. I have 3 shops. So I decided to use one for betting. And I forgot that it needs constant electricity. I bought fuel of 4k the first time and it last only 4 days. I almost ran mad. My profit from the betting shop was so poor. I knew I was already making money for the betting company.

I had to fuel my tank, buy data to browse, and thermal paper rolls. At the end of the week the betting company give me crap. I'm so disappointed that I had to spend 5600,naira every week to buy fuel.

We only have Nepa light or eedc at night. From 9pm. Making it so impossible to survive. I have to pay eswama, pay Enugu North etc. And yet nothing. I pay for shop, and the betting company pay me peanuts. Though I'm quitting them already.

But. Later Nepa or eedc will bring 100k to us and tell us to pay, for light we don't use only at night from 9pm. Men this country is bleeped. When the wicked rule the masses suffer. Fuel is 145 against 60 naira or 87 on Jonathan. And no light. And nobody is saying anything. No p

Please share ur experience on how u survive with lack of electricity and high fuel costs. Save some life

Just estimate your total wattage daily need and if within Mtn luminous then get one
If everything fail solve your light problem by trying to develop
Solar
Wind
Gas
Hydro dam
Nuclear power.
Biogass
Etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by InvertedHammer: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
After equipment and logistics, we realized we need 27-30kva gen. to power our machines. That will add additional N2m (not including the gas) to our overhead. And some smart Alec had the effrontery to ask why Innoson is not fully mechanized with robotics like his counterparts in developed nations. I can guarantee you that the dude does not have even a hair clipper to his name. The cost of doing business in Nigeria is so out of whack. Then I remember, it is a nigger area. Not surprising at all.
Even when there is light, the voltage is not regulated. Without a good stabilizer, most gadgets will go kaput. One may be better off without PHCN's unregulated voltage. Of course, the light bills will be pulled out of their rear ends whether there is service delivery or not. And we call ourselves human beings existing in this enjoyable world?
/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by dgbanj: 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
Op I can feel your frustration, was once in your situation. Renewable energy is the way to go. check out this website http://www.solarpowerbank.com.ng and see if it can help you.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by hooklover: 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
How can we explain to Buhari day Nigerians need 24/70power supply. If it means him sitting in Napa office let him relocate there.

We have enough roads leave all those shadows apc is chasing and provide power for the country to grow..

Stop all those railway Niger bridge construction and other useless capital projects. Provide light.

If Bulgari fails in power he has failed and he will be forgotten in dusbin of history..

Anybody that can give steady power supply will be d messiah.....

Bulgari does not seem to have a clue of any major problem solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Silverman42(m): 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Power Supply has seized in my area for a whole year. My only consolation now is the Delta State Innovation Hub where i work with absolute zero power outage
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by anoda(m): 12:02am On Nov 01, 2017
I've got three orders to deliver, no light to do anything!!!
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by zeestone99(m): 12:09am On Nov 01, 2017
The issue of power supply in Nigeria is so pathetic, some pple ll say, dere v been constant power in their area, after some time this same pple complains d power supply is nw worse,and dt cycle continue n continue.
Renewable energy would have been the way forward, but lack of govt support to give incentives, slash import duties and mk it affordable for the masses is a problem.
You need to Chun out a large chunk from ur Pocket.
The country's system and it's citizens do not help matter also datz y dere is no payment in instalment option as users ll fail to pay up intentionally and there is no govt policy to recover such funds.

Anyway if you knw you have the funds, u won't regret it. It's far better than noisemaking generators.

Call/whatapp 08117398294 for affordable inverter/solar installation prices. You can also check out our previous installations on facebook.com/monzpowersolutions
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Knight0777(m): 12:43am On Nov 01, 2017
The soul of every business is discipline and strategy. Remember, in the end protecting your invesment is all that matters. Good for you, you are learning fast.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by headboyprince(m): 2:35am On Nov 01, 2017
anoda:
I've got three orders to deliver, no light to do anything!!!
Can you outscore some to me. i have enough power supply. but no orders.what is your whatsapp number
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Amberon11: 4:30am On Nov 01, 2017
There are so many of them and my dad is doing one.
Just broaden your horizon and you'll discover so many opportunities.
sirxbit:

Which better business non need electricity?
Abeg tell me
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by mecussey(m): 5:00am On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
Is there anybody, noticing this except me. I'm 22. I know I m young. I have 3 shops. So I decided to use one for betting. And I forgot that it needs constant electricity. I bought fuel of 4k the first time and it last only 4 days. I almost ran mad. My profit from the betting shop was so poor. I knew I was already making money for the betting company.

I had to fuel my tank, buy data to browse, and thermal paper rolls. At the end of the week the betting company give me crap. I'm so disappointed that I had to spend 5600,naira every week to buy fuel.

We only have Nepa light or eedc at night. From 9pm. Making it so impossible to survive. I have to pay eswama, pay Enugu North etc. And yet nothing. I pay for shop, and the betting company pay me peanuts. Though I'm quitting them already.

But. Later Nepa or eedc will bring 100k to us and tell us to pay, for light we don't use only at night from 9pm. Men this country is bleeped. When the wicked rule the masses suffer. Fuel is 145 against 60 naira or 87 on Jonathan. And no light. And nobody is saying anything. No p

Please share ur experience on how u survive with lack of electricity and high fuel costs. Save some life

haba...u dey even see light from 9pm....save money buy inverter jo...i can sell u two tokumbo batteries.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by CocoaOla: 5:20am On Nov 01, 2017
Is this a country phcn scamming people
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by McTobe(m): 5:22am On Nov 01, 2017
Amberon11:
Its easy, start a business that is not electricity dependent.
Good one, or dat is less dependent on steady electricity

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by McTobe(m): 5:26am On Nov 01, 2017
kay29000:

I write and sell books on Amazon.com
are u for real, plz share more about it or which website to get resources, don't tel me Google is my friend, I know already.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by israelmao(m): 5:54am On Nov 01, 2017
Power problem has turned Fashola into 80year-old man, last time I saw him on Channel TV I pitied him.This was the same power that he said, a serious government should be able to fix in 6months when Jonathan was in power.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kay29000(m): 6:13am On Nov 01, 2017
McTobe:
are u for real, plz share more about it or which website to get resources, don't tel me Google is my friend, I know already.

Study this thread. Everything you need to know about the business is there https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:50am On Nov 01, 2017
Youngzedd:

Weti concern Buhari with electricity grin
ABI!
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 01, 2017
Not in any business sha but feel the pain those who need it in my area go through buying fuel everyday.
Most annoying is that the power during the day doesn't last up to an hour about 1-15 which they bring 3 times during the day like tablet, one morning one after one night, then bring it by 10pm to like 1am when people wee be sleeping is it not wickedness......
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2017
mecussey:

haba...u dey even see light from 9pm....save money buy inverter jo...i can sell u two tokumbo batteries.
for how much sir?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by bfmconcepts: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2017
There are solar solutions for light energy consumer.
Try this MTN solar solution. Inverter can also help
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by mecussey(m): 8:59am On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
for how much sir?

Original Ritar 105Amps removed from Telecom anual maintenance...20k each and you will pay for shipping. Battery will be charged and tested before shipping. For inverter, you can buy Sukam 1.4k/24v ..about 80k connect the thing and forget Gen. Set up will carry two of your computers till day break with fan. If you come raise money get one 250w..70k solar panel...you will not know how much Buhari dey sell fuel again. However, set up can run without solar as far as you are sure light comes 9pm till dawn.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by drestoneokuta(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2017
That is why I look at people shouting "entrepreneur is the way". OP after my masters I obtained a loan to start frozen food business, luckily for me I have a shop, freezers and diesel generator. Sales was so low, it was as if people no longer eat in Nigeria, plus the epileptic power supply affected the market, when the product gets soft people won't want to buy it, and they also don't buy in bulk because of light issues too. The cost of fueling generator just to ice and maintain the temperature of the product to required standard is outrageous (10k in 3 days). I ran at a loss every single day I opened the shop, till I eventually closed down the project, now I am in serious debt with the facilitators on my neck.

I tried poultry and catfish business, that was is even worse, everyday price of feeds was always going up, same story.
All this happened between January-July, just went back to my cupboard, dusted my certificate and joined the pool of "I beg to apply". God help us in this country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Get A National Identity Card / Driveinhud App Soars: 45,000 Downloads And 85,000 Bookings In Just 4 Months / Starting A Radio Or TV Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.