Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State (9903 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Buhari May Spend One Term In Office, ‘president Already Has A Successor In Mind’ / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by metalgong5(m): 5:52pm On Mar 18, 2010
mikeansy:

I don't understand how anybody will conclude that because a candidate was voted in one state then he has better records than every other state Governor in South East?

Everybody knows that what won Obi this election is not his records in office but cynical electoral tactics. he did not even run on his records of achievement.
But I don't want to go there because elections are over and its time to move on.

But what I wont accept is the conclusion that because Peter Obi was elected in Anambra then he is the best Governor in SouthEast.
I don't understand the premise of that logic.

I was not surprised when I read the highlighted sentences. Infact, that was why I earlier made the audience to know that you and your preferred candidate, Soludo, are still nursing a political wound inflicted on you guys by Peter Obi.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2010
metal-gong:

Yes, Peter Obi won decisively because he was the best.
But sorry for disappointing by not listing Peter Obi's achievements for you to see on nairaland. This was how hack writers like you on this forum were asking silly questions about the governor before the election. But to their chagrin, Anambrarians told them that they cant fall for cheap blackmails.
If you want to know OKWUTE's solid achievements, then go down to Anambra state and see things for yourself. Also ask the average Anambrarians in the markets, schools etc, all they would tell you is that  "Obi is the best in Nigeria".

Please spare me the diversionary tactics, they are embarassing and I would not dignify them. Return to the question please. What are Peter Obi's achievements? Or do you not believe in judging a gorvenor by his works? Why is he the best please, educate us. Just list a few of the outstanding things he has done, or is that too much of an ask?
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by FACE(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! I see some of those DO OR DIE Soludo men are quickly switching over to congratulate Peter Obi, Mr Almighty VIPit toilet. LOL Nigerians and Amnesia!!! Lol

That is what you call political maturity, but then that would be too complex for a simple ROFLAMAOing mind to digest.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by mamagee3(f): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
That's ridiculous, what did he do that was outstanding during his first term. . .
A Second term in Office is not required
. angry

FACE:

That is what you call political maturity, but then that would be too complex for a simple ROFLAMAOing mind to digest.
grin grin grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! I see some of those DO OR DIE Soludo men are quickly switching over to congratulate Peter Obi, Mr Almighty VIPit toilet. LOL Nigerians and Amnesia!!! Lol
*DEATH*, . .I bet the only people Congratulating him are people from Anambra. ,
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
Sky Blue:

Please spare me the diversionary tactics, they are embarassing and I would not dignify them. Return to the question please. What are Peter Obi's achievements? Or do you not believe in judging a gorvenor by his works? Why is he the best please, educate us. Just list a few of the outstanding things he has done, or is that too much of an ask?

Obi was not my candidate, Ngige was. But, I am not in Anambra state right now and may not know the present state of things. The fact remains that even PDP governors (with the exception of Soludo supporters for obvious reasons) and other parties are saying that Obi won, and have tried to identify with his victory.

Obi's biggest achievement is his ability to be above reproach when it comes to prudence and accountability -two attributes Igbos love in leadership; he trumps others in the south east. He says he is laying a foundation of prudence in Anambra state, that is a HUGE achievement which will pay off big time in the future.

Nigerians have this fire brigade mindset, I'm only happy that Anambra people are still as wise as ever!
Congratulations to the light of the nation!

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
mama-gee:

That's ridiculous, what did he do that was outstanding during his first term. . .
A Second term in Office is not required
. angry
grin grin grin grin grin
*DEATH*,  . .I bet the only people Congratulating him are people from Anambra.

Nope! Even the Acting President (a PDP man) and ALL south east governors, plus other governors all over Nigeria, senate and house leadership have all congratulated him. In a way most states will want to copy Anambra style of politics.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
Congratulations my Governor.
May God help you lead Anambra-amen.
my state must work and Nigeria must work too-amen.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Obi was not my candidate, Ngige was. But, I am not in Anambra state right now and may not know the present state of things. The fact remains that even PDP governors (with the exception of Soludo supporters for obvious reasons) and other parties are saying that Obi won, and have tried to identify with his victory.

Obi's biggest achievement is his ability to be above reproach when it comes to prudence and accountability -two attributes Igbos love in leadership; he trumps others in the south east. He says he is laying a foundation of prudence in Anambra state, that is a HUGE achievement which will pay off big time in the future.

Nigerians have this fire brigade mindset, I'm only happy that Anambra people are still as wise as ever!
Congratulations to the light of the nation!

So all the money (whatever ammount) Anambra state has gotten has been spent on investing in prudence and accountability? No need to try and identify the "Nigerian mindset", just a simple question of what he has achieved. If you believe that the achievements you listed are worth that much then that is up to you and I will leave you with that. I was hoping to get solid and measurable achievements so I will wait on the person I directed the post to if you don't mind smiley

@metal-gong, please what are Peter Obi's achievements?
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
OKEYCHIVIV:

Congratulations my Governor.
May God help you lead Anambra-amen.
my state must work and Nigeria must work too-amen.

It is one thing to cheer someone for a well-deserved win and another to just offer undeserved congratulations. I understand the man won but is it really reason for anyone to be happy? Have we suddenly chosen to forget that this same man is reason why the state has continued to remain in the state it has for the past couple of years? Two years ago, th excuse was that he had so much to do, but I think the validity, if any of that excuse died a long time ago. 

I am not in anyway pointing to election fraud, or trying to say someone else should have won. Peter Obi won, but what does that really mean for Anambra state? is it cause for celebration? I urge my people to start thinking hard about these things rather than allowing themselves continue to get carried away each time we get shoved yet another reason to drink more beer.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
[size=14pt] What people said at Obi’s inauguration[/size]

Dame Virgy Etiaba, immediate past deputy governor of Anambra State. Yesterday the 17th day of March 2010 marked a new dawn in the political development of Anambra State. A new and rejuvenated APGA team had been sworn in to once again pilot the affairs of our state. Anambrarians should be proud that a once politically unstable state seems to be finding its feet in Nigeria’s new democratic culture.

Our journey has been very chequered and long winded and today’s event marks a remarkable advancement in that journey and while congratulating our re elected Governor and new Deputy Governor, I extend the same sentiment to our party [APGA], our Leader Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, all the other political gladiators in our state and most of all, the Good People of Anambra State, for all efforts in actualising our dreams.

I came into office in March 2006 under a politically charged environment and today, I go back to Madubugwu Villa, Inyaba, Umudim, Nnewi under a more stable political climate. I do so with a great deal of satisfaction that I came, saw and did my best towards the upliftment of our people, especially during a turbulent and traumatic period for our state. It has really been a roller coaster ride of an experience for which I will always remain grateful to The Lord that I did not betray the trust reposed in me by our people.

I call for support for their Excellencies Mr. Peter Obi and Mr. Emeka Sibudu as they will need and do indeed deserve our full support and cooperation. Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, first Executive Governor of the State
You can see it, Anambra people have turned out en masse, what are we celebrating? We are celebrating the return of Anambra to its old glory. We are celebrating peace, the verdict of progress; we are talking as one people, no longer divided, no longer burning down the edifices of government. Today is a new day in Anambra State.

We prayed for it, we worked for it, we made all kinds of sacrifices for it and God answered prayers, God has answered our prayers. On those still challenging the outcome of the election he said, “What we are celebrating is the return of peace, its not absence of the tribunal. Anybody can go to court, for example, I didn’t vote, no Ezeife voted.

“The election was not credible in the sense of disenfranchisement of people but what was voted was counted and there was no violence, at least not much. So, we are celebrating that positive aspect of it.
“We don’t foul anybody for going to look for justice anywhere, but it doesn’t appear that there is any case that has merit.

“I want to advise Obi to face his manifesto and to borrow from other manifestoes, collect all the other manifestoes and see what loopholes they can pick up from the other people’s manifestoes and try to make peace, so that Anambra will now come back as a peaceful state.

Chief Victor Umeh, National Chairman of APGA
“This is the first time a credible election took place in the state and the result declared after the election was a true reflection of the votes of the people, so this victory is a uniting victory, it is a unity victory. The PDP you can see them, they are all over the place, they are happy, they said, this man won.
“The only way to have peace in a state where you conduct election credibly, transparently, if the winner emerges, everybody will congratulate the winner. So what the other parties are doing here today is very good for democracy.

“What they are doing is that they are now saying that in a credible election, one person will win and if that person wins, people should unite with him to serve the people. So, it is a very good signal coming out today and I’m very happy about it.

Senator Joy Emordi, Senator representing Anambra North senatorial Zone
What will I say but to say that Anambra State made history today by having an elected governor being re-elected in a free and fair election. So, this is a day for solemn and sober reflection for the Governor, Mr. Peter Obi and the people of Anambra State who elected him, to join hand together to ensure that we move Anambra State forward.

Again, I call on the Governor to exhibit his usual magnanimity to bring all the interest groups together to work together and push the state forward.

Hon. Vitalis Okafor, representing Ihiala federal constituency in House of Representatives
I feel alright, once a Governor emerges, you must give support to the Governor so that he will do his best to the state, so I’m very happy.

I however advice the Governor to accommodate all shades of opinion, sieve and take the one that will help in building Anambra State.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/mar/18/national-18-03-2010-015.htm
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2010
^^^
We are celebrating our brand of politics. Finish!
History will judge Obi. Our people have defeated the thugs of Anambra state. No more do or die politics.

[size=18pt]That is enough for me![/size]
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by metalgong5(m): 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
Sky Blue:

Why wont a silly question be embarrasing?
How can you insinuate that my citizen governor has no solid achievement while the truth is the reverse.
How can an honest person be talking about judging a governor by his works whereas Ndi Anambra had thanked him for his good works by electing him for another four year tenure. Are there any other way to judge a politician rather than going through the electorates?
Are you wiser than the majority of the electorates who re-elected him and also his top political opponents who had congratulated him for a victory well deserved?
By grinding through the above questions, you would easily deduce the reason why your previous question was a silly one.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by metalgong5(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is one thing to cheer someone for a well-deserved win and another to just offer undeserved congratulations. I understand the man won but is it really reason for anyone to be happy? Have we suddenly chosen to forget that this same man is reason why the state has continued to remain in the state it has for the past couple of years? Two years ago, th excuse was that he had so much to do, but I think the validity, if any of that excuse died a long time ago.

I am not in anyway pointing to election fraud, or trying to say someone else should have won. Peter Obi won, but what does that really mean for Anambra state? is it cause for celebration? I urge my people to start thinking hard about these things rather than allowing themselves continue to get carried away each time we get shoved yet another reason to drink more beer.
Stop contradicting yourself with the above gibberish. Peter Obi was re-elected in Anambra state because his is an action governor who had performed excellently.

On the otherhand, I would like you to spend more time questioning the reason why your governor ,Fashola, used the judiciary to block an investigation into his financial dealings with tax payers money. An answer to the above question would give you one of the many reasons why Peter Obi was re-elected.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Afam(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
FACE:

grin grin grin
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by mamagee3(f): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

Nope! Even the Acting President (a PDP man) and ALL south east governors, plus other governors all over Nigeria, senate and house leadership have all congratulated him. In a way most states will want to copy Anambra style of politics.

Let's be realistic, Peter Obi did nothing as Governor. . .
He was just wasting the first 4 years of his first term. . .
And I bet the people Congratulating him are fellow Lazy leaders. . .
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
metal-gong:

Stop contradicting yourself with the above gibberish. Peter Obi was re-elected in Anambra state because his is an action governor who had performed excellently.

a) Please state the CONTRADICIONS You speak of

b) Can you please inform us of Peter obi's achievement's so far as Governor since your conclusion is that he was re-elected because he has so far been an EXCELLENT GOVERNOR

metal-gong:
On the otherhand, I would like you to spend more time questioning the reason why your governor ,Fashola, used the judiciary to block an investigation into his financial dealings with tax payers money. An answer to the above question would give you one of the many reasons why Peter Obi was re-elected.

c) Fashola is NOT my Governor. I DO NOT Live in Nigeria, so you are best directing that question to those in Lagos who, in sort of the same manner as you cheer your man on, have chosen to turn a blind eye to what you mention above
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
mama-gee:

Let's be realistic, Peter Obi did nothing as Governor. . .
He was just wasting the first 4 years of his first term. . .
And I bet the people Congratulating him are fellow Lazy leaders. . .

No, you are wrong! The people congratulating him are only identifying with his popular mandate. They know he won fairly, and they are also identifying with the system that produced his victory.

If you can follow my logic, I am congratulating the "system" that produced him. What good is a governor if he is dead before he even contests elections? This peaceful system was denied us under Obasanjo who tried everything under his power to impose thieves and thugs on Anambra state to justice his plans of painting all Nigerians with one brush.

This is part of why I never buy the idiotic notion that all Nigerians are guilty of the same thing. No we are NOT!
Obi won elections; he may not be the best to win (though no one is sure of others); he won fairly and the state is peacefully moving on. That is enough for me. When he starts carrying out his second term agenda, then we can take stock and see whether the people made a mistake.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Mar 18, 2010
Onlytruth:

No, you are wrong! The people congratulating him are only identifying with his popular mandate. They know he won fairly, and they are also identifying with the system that produced his victory.

If you can follow my logic, I am congratulating the "system" that produced him. What good is a governor if he is dead before he even contests elections? This peaceful system was denied us under Obasanjo who tried everything under his power to impose thieves and thugs on Anambra state to justice his plans of painting all Nigerians with one brush.

This is part of why I never buy the idiotic notion that all Nigerians are guilty of the same thing. No we are NOT!
Obi won elections; he may not be the best to win (though no one is sure of others); he won fairly and the state is peacefully moving on. That is enough for me. When he starts carrying out his second term agenda, then we can take stock and see whether the people made a mistake.

I see what you are saying and I will like to add that

a) The elections were fair NOT because Obi made it so, but because the "System" probably did something right this time around

b) If we are doling out congratulations, we should make it clear that INEC is to praise for the "SUCCESS" of the elections and not Obi. We should also
congratulate the losers and the winner in making sure that their areaboys were kept in check all through the process. grin
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Afam(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

a) The elections were fair NOT because Obi made it so, but because the "System" probably did something right this time around

b) If we are doling out congratulations, we should make it clear that INEC is to praise for the "SUCCESS" of the elections and not Obi. We should also
congratulate the losers and the winner in making sure that their areaboys were kept in check all through the process. grin

I agree with this completely, the same way we criticize Iwu is the same way we should commend him for a job well done unless we are just hypocrites.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by chidexy(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2010
Do you measure achievement in governance only in terms of concretes and asphalts? He's laying some credible foundation that subsequent administrations may build on. I read something about the Anambara Integrated Development Strategy which even the world bank and USAID has praised for its comprehensiveness. That's what's lacking in most states in Nigeria.

Besides, Gov Peter Obi shouldn't be judged based on the achievements of other Govs. The funds accruing to the state is limited and he's been able to prudently manage what he gets to serve the needs of his state - and the citizens are not complaining. Ask Abia State or Imo State residents when in doubt.

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Much of his first term was spent either being impeached or having to fight off the threat of impeachment. Though I am not from Anambara, but Gov Obi has earned my respect and admiration in the way he's piloted the affairs of his state.

Much of the state roads are in good conditions (except for the Federal roads), he's investing much in schools and health care (primary level)
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by hardywaltz(m): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2010
Congratulation my Governor, looking forward to your next four years in office. though i didn't vote for you.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Emperoh(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

congratulate the losers and the winner in making sure that their areaboys were kept in check all through the process.  grin

. . .Oga mi SIr, no pun intended, but if INEC has created an enabling environment for all candidates and organised and free and fair election,
doesn't that tell that a candidate who emerges victorious is the most popular? I voted in Anambra elections and I KNOW FOR SURE that if Peter Obi had nothing as achievement, HE WILL LOSE. . . it wasn't a politics of propaganda. It was something for all to see

Anambra medical outfits, got aaccrditations for the first time since its creation during Obi's tenure

Massive construction of Road. . . this is his biggest achievement thus far and about the most obvious. . . there major bad roads in anambra at the moment are Federal roads.

Improved funding for academic institutions and continued infrastructural upgrade.

Improvement of SPorting facilities and recreation in Anambra State. . , the first in the history of the state

Construction of Phase 1 and II of Anambra State Secretariat. . . the first since state creation.

Drawing up of a development master plan in conjuction with UN Habitat for Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi

Massive funding thought soft loans for Agricultural Development in Anambra State. . . . . .

Procurement of Laboratory materials and Installation of Computer and IT materials for all State owned Schools in Anambra State
this was done in conjucntion with Galaxy backbone to network all the Secondary Schools in Anambra State.

Computerisation of Anambra State Land information to stall fraudulent activities.

Massive Procurement of Vehicles and Communication equipment for securities outfits in the state.

Restoration of the Awka, Aguate and Amawbia Water scheme.

Construction of Judiciary Service Complex for the State Judiciary.

The above mentioned are the ones i saw with my EYES. . . . . i may not live in Anambra but anytime i go home, i do make to sure to go around to see things for myself. . . . .Peter Obi's development if for all sectors of the state simulteneously.

Give him kudos for standing his ground and restoring this state to Political sanity.
Anyone who has been to Anambra State. . . (i don't mean internet Ninjas) will know for sure what i am talking about.

If you were in Anambra between 1999 to 2005, pls go back and compare back then to what is available now.
This guy is the first person laying a solid foundation for the State's growth. . . .all he has done are not and will not be enough
But bear in mind, Rome was not built in a day. . . . . . . . we must count 1 before 2. . . . . . I can bet my life that all those asking for his achievements cannot boast of haven gone to Awka but rely on mostly what they hear or not to make assessment.
A good example is the guy who highlighted Sullivan Chime as the best in the SE. . .i think he is but i bet you, they haven't been to Enugu
and will ask for his achievement cos they've not read in the papers or internet website. . . . . . . .
that someone is not publicizing what he is doing doesn't mean he isn't working.

If you have been to Anambra State, i challenge to come and say the things u saw were wrong and should be done but not yet done.
I need cogent stuffs and not hear-says. . . . . . .i will be sure to get you pictures when i travel for Easter Holidays

Its not about sitting behind your computers and churn out grammar without corresponding physical visits.

Go to anambra State website for further issues. . . . this is the first time Anambra is developing a working Website. . . . we were that backward!

Again, i insist, those who are asking for Peter Obi's achievements, are u doing so cos u have been to Anambra State or because of what
u read or have not seen on the sites of Internets and likes. Its not about seating in front of your laptop and making jejune posts!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
metal-gong:

Why wont a silly question be embarrasing?
How can you insinuate that my citizen governor has no solid achievement while the truth is the reverse.
How can an honest person be talking about judging a governor by his works whereas Ndi Anambra had thanked him for his good works by electing him for another four year tenure. Are there any other way to judge a politician rather than going through the electorates?
Are you wiser than the majority of the electorates who re-elected him and also his top political opponents who had congratulated him for a victory well deserved?
By grinding through the above questions, you would easily deduce the reason why your previous question was a silly one.

WOW! So you can't even name one solid achievement? Again please, enough with all the gibberish, I do not need to read and essay. Just a very simple question, what were Peter Obi's achievements? You see why I say you are embarassing yourself? Just look at the part of that thing you wrote I highlighted in bold, read it again please. "The reverse is the case", yet you can't even name ONE achievement? Having a popular mandate does not equally translate to being the best govenor so enough with that excuse please. Hitler had a popular mandate with his people. Stop beating around the bush and answer the question, and if you cannot state some solid achievements then please just say you can't.

Imagine. You shout 'he is the best, he is the best', you are challenged on this statement and you can't even give us a tangible reason why Peter Obi is "the best"? Is that not embarassing?
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
Emperoh:

. . .Oga mi SIr, no pun intended, but if INEC has created an enabling environment for all candidates and organised and free and fair election,
doesn't that tell that a candidate who emerges victorious is the most popular? I voted in Anambra elections and I KNOW FOR SURE that if Peter Obi had nothing as achievement, HE WILL LOSE. . . it wasn't a politics of propaganda. It was something for all to see

Anambra medical outfits, got aaccrditations for the first time since its creation during Obi's tenure

Massive construction of Road. . . this is his biggest achievement thus far and about the most obvious. . . there major bad roads in anambra at the moment are Federal roads.

Improved funding for academic institutions and continued infrastructural upgrade.

Improvement of SPorting facilities and recreation in Anambra State. . ,  the first in the history of the state

Construction of Phase 1 and II of Anambra State Secretariat. . . the first since state creation.

Drawing up of a development master plan in conjuction with UN Habitat for Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi

Massive funding thought soft loans for Agricultural Development in Anambra State. . . . . .

Procurement of Laboratory materials and Installation of Computer and IT materials for all State owned Schools in Anambra State
this was done in conjucntion with Galaxy backbone to network all the Secondary Schools in Anambra State.

Computerisation of Anambra State Land information to stall fraudulent activities.

Massive Procurement of Vehicles and Communication equipment for securities outfits in the state.

Restoration of the Awka, Aguate and Amawbia Water scheme.

Construction of Judiciary Service Complex for the State Judiciary.

The above mentioned are the ones i saw with my EYES. . . . . i may not live in Anambra but anytime i go home, i do make to sure to go around to see things for myself. . . . .Peter Obi's development if for all sectors of the state simulteneously.

Give him kudos for standing his ground and restoring this state to Political sanity.
Anyone who has been to Anambra State. . . (i don't mean internet Ninjas) will know for sure what i am talking about.

If you were in Anambra between 1999 to 2005, pls go back and compare back then to what is available now.
This guy is the first person laying a solid foundation for the State's growth. . . .all he has done are not and will not be enough
But bear in mind, Rome was not built in a day. . . . . . . . we must count 1 before 2. . . . . . I can bet my life that all those asking for his achievements cannot boast of haven gone to Awka but rely on mostly what they hear or not to make assessment.
A good example is the guy who highlighted Sullivan Chime as the best in the SE. . .i think he is but i bet you, they haven't been to Enugu
and will ask for his achievement cos they've not read in the papers or internet website. . . . . . . .
that someone is not publicizing what he is doing doesn't mean he isn't working.

If you have been to Anambra State, i challenge to come and say the things u saw were wrong and should be done but not yet done.
I need cogent stuffs and not hear-says. . . . . . .i will be sure to get you pictures when i travel for Easter Holidays

Its not about sitting behind your computers and churn out grammar without corresponding physical visits.

Go to anambra State website for further issues. . . . this is the first time Anambra is developing a working Website. . . . we were that backward!

Again, i insist, those who are asking for Peter Obi's achievements, are u doing so cos u have been to Anambra State or because of what
u read or have not seen on the sites of Internets and likes. Its not about seating in front of your laptop and making jejune posts!!!

@Emperoh. Thank you. Very simple. While I agree that all the points you listed might be worthy of recognition to you, the points I put in bold are what I think are worthy of recognition (even if some are quite vague) and everything else just fluff, but thanks for listing. Does this qualify him for "best governor" from the south east? Go and look at what is happening in Enugu. . . . . and the guy there is not even making any noise.
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by FrankC3: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Sky Blue
So going by your argument, Fashola has only done 'massive' road beautification (flower planting some will say), massive road construction, and what else?,   You definitely do not understand Anambra state and the existing dynamics. If you were there back in 2002-2003 when secondary school students demonstrated from Onitsha to Awka and was stopped at Aroma junction by Mbadiniju's tear-gas, you'll understand the level of political awareness (not behind the keyboard though) and that the politics of propaganda does not work in Anambra state because we saw the worst of it in that regime. Look, i have two more access roads opened up to my community with one having an interconnecting bridge, my alma matter that was wrecked by rain storm rehabilitated and water provided for the boarding students and my community, and i mean things that shows that the guy up there is on your side. Look, most of us traveled in December and knew that Obi CAN on records/achievements though some of us rooted for Soludo for other reasons like maintaining his visibility in the polity as a dike  that will be useful at the national scene at critical times.

Anambra is not Ekiti nor Lagos. People know what they want and i can assure you that some market women traveled all the way to Awka to witness the inauguration of their own governor. That is what Anambra is celebrating and look, live with it. You can't just change that. Period.

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Emperoh(m): 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
Sky Blue:

@Emperoh. Thank you. Very simple. While I agree that all the points you listed might be worthy of recognition to you, the points I put in bold are what I think are worthy of recognition (even if some are quite vague) and everything else just fluff, but thanks for listing. Does this qualify him for "best governor" from the south east? Go and look at what is happening in Enugu. . . . . and the guy there is not even making any noise.

Thank you Sky Blue. . . I lived and grew up in Enugu before coming down to Lagos so i am also a stake holder in Enugu Politics
Albeit Urban politics. . . . . .Now, comparing Anambra to Enugu is like comparing Badagry to Lagos. . . . .U & I know Anambra was created out of Enugu
and as a state, Enugu had the basic developmental amenities being the capital. . . . .Awka was at best, a VILLAGE and in the real sense of the word village.

Those who went to Unizik between 1995 - 1999 will bear witness to this. . . . .there was nothing on ground to show this was a state capital.
Now when u have virtually nothing on ground, no stability and military rule, what do you expect?

Anambra if i must say the truth has seen the worst since after the civil war of what Political instability and power struggle can do to development
Even with its wealth of talents in every aspect has never been brought to bear on its polity. . . .talk of the best brains in Business and Academics
in the South East. . . . . . .what could elicit Chinua Achebe to speak up and scream. . . . . . it was a few clique converting general wealth to to their fiefdom. . . . .the rest is history.

Peter Obi's last 2 years till date was the best measure of peacefulness we have experienced. . . , talk of schools closing for ONE whole year during Mbadinuju's tenure. . . .talk of the Shenanigans of Chris Uba, Chuma Nzeribe and Tony Nwoye in 2005 burning down public facilities in the name of creating a situation for a State of Emergency to be declared in order to oust Chris Ngige. . . .i was in Awka then so i knew what went on. . , u need to witness the shooting and chaos to appreciate what am saying. . . . .and then the Andy and Criz Uba wahala just to capture power in 2007!!

Imagine all these things and then lets compare with Enugu. To your question, Peter is not the best Gov'nor in the South East.
But i think, that he is a very good point to start from. . . . .i also think Obi is not as out spoken as the ordinary Nigerian politician.
I bet you only started hearing so much about his works when election time drew near. . . . . . a proof to this is that most of those here don't know what he's achieved as Governor. Am I wrong?

What am trying to say is this, lets be cautious about those saying Sullivan is the best, let them tell me on what grounds?
Remember, i lived in Enugu and still have my folks there. As such, the person should give me concrete details. . . . . . .cos i will verify.
But i know that as we speak, Anambra State has the highest network of tarred road in the South East. . . . .any state with anything higher should come forth with details. . . . .and i stand to prove this!!!

Nevertheless, obi is still not yet the best in certain aspects of the state development!

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2010
Emperoh:

Thank you Sky Blue. . . I lived and grew up in Enugu before coming down to Lagos so i am also a stake holder in Enugu Politics
Albeit Urban politics. . . . . .Now, comparing Anambra to Enugu is like comparing Badagry to Lagos. . . . .U & I know Anambra was created out of Enugu
and as a state, Enugu had the basic developmental amenities being the capital. . . . .Awka was at best, a VILLAGE and in the real sense of the word village.

Those who went to Unizik between 1995 - 1999 will bear witness to this. . . . .there was nothing on ground to show this was a state capital.
Now when u have virtually nothing on ground, no stability and military rule, what do you expect?

Anambra if i must say the truth has seen the worst since after the civil war of what Political instability and power struggle can do to development
Even with its wealth of talents in every aspect has never been brought to bear on its polity. . . .talk of the best brains in Business and Academics
in the South East. . . . . . .what could elicit Chinua Achebe to speak up and scream. . . . . . it was a few clique converting general wealth to to their fiefdom. . . . .the rest is history.

Peter Obi's last 2 years till date was the best measure of peacefulness we have experienced. . . ,  talk of schools closing for ONE whole year during Mbadinuju's tenure. . . .talk of the Shenanigans of Chris Uba, Chuma Nzeribe and Tony Nwoye in 2005 burning down public facilities in the name of creating a situation for a State of Emergency to be declared in order to oust Chris Ngige. . . .i was in Awka then so i knew what went on. . ,  u need to witness the shooting and chaos to appreciate what am saying. . . . .and then the Andy and Criz Uba wahala just to capture power in 2007!!

Imagine all these things and then lets compare with Enugu. To your question, Peter is not the best Gov'nor in the South East.
But i think, that he is a very good point to start from. . . . .i also think Obi is not as out spoken as the ordinary Nigerian politician.
I bet you only started hearing so much about his works when election time drew near. . . . . . a proof to this is that most of those here don't know what he's achieved as Governor. Am I wrong?

What am trying to say is this, lets be cautious about those saying Sullivan is the best, let them tell me on what grounds?
Remember, i lived in Enugu and still have my folks there. As such, the person should give me concrete details. . . . . . .cos i will verify.
But i know that as we speak, Anambra State has the highest network of tarred road in the South East. . . . .any state with anything higher should come forth with details. . . .  .and i stand to prove this!!!

Nevertheless, obi is still not yet the best in certain aspects of the state development!

Thanks for taking your time to respond, I do appreciate it but don't think it was that necessary. I never claimed Peter Obi had done "nothing", what I found irritating was someone who could not even state ONE achievement coming to claim he is "the best". Before you showed up the best reason anyone gave for any flattering view of Peter Obi's was the emergeance of "a new brand of politics" (not necessarily due to Peter Obi's efforts, but the efforts of the people of the state. SO what was the reason for such? I just found it irritating that people thought that something was 'the best' or 'the worst', without seeming to have any clue. Such rhetoric is how Peter Odilli was hailed the best govenor in Nigeria at one point during his tenure, when he was in fact probably the worst governor Rivers State has ever had, because people didn't feel the need to ask for his records. I was simply picking at what seemed to be 'blind followership' which is a serious issue in Nigeria. Personally Peter Obi didn't seem like the best candidate, but Anambra has made its choice and it is a victory for the democratic process for Anambra indigenes, not necessarily for Peter Obi (so no need for what you posted @Frank-C).
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Emperoh(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
If you say my response was not necessary, then i don't know how i woulda convinced you that he's done more than a lot.
At least to convince people to win him elections. . . .as for a new brandof politics. . . .i believe Peter Obi contributed immensely to that.

Without him, the uneven election dates for some states won't be the same.
Sky Blue, this guy stood his ground against the Shenanigans of Andy Uba, Cris Uba and the touts in PDP
Saw out Chekwas Okorie's hypocrisy and the general apathy from the elites and career politicians who felt the Governor was not greasing palms

Remember the 250m saga? I wonder why opponents never used that against him?
Could it be he killed the evidence before it became public or was actually evidence against him?
Nevertheless, the free and fair election election clearly say that he is the best amongst the fellow contestants.

Also, i am not one to follow blindly!!! I don't argue what am not sure of!
As it stands, Peter Obi is the best governor Anambra has had since creation and is the person laying a firm foundation for the state.

Quote me anywhere!!!

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by SkyBlue1: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
Emperoh:

If you say my response was not necessary, then i don't know how i woulda convinced you that he's done more than a lot.
At least to convince people to win him elections. . . .as for a new brandof politics. . . .i believe Peter Obi contributed immensely to that.

Without him, the uneven election dates for some states won't be the same.
Sky Blue, this guy stood his ground against the Shenanigans of Andy Uba, Cris Uba and the touts in PDP
Saw out Chekwas Okorie's hypocrisy and the general apathy from the elites and career politicians who felt the Governor was not greasing palms

Remember the 250m saga? I wonder why opponents never used that against him?
Could it be he killed the evidence before it became public or was actually evidence against him?
Nevertheless, the free and fair election election clearly say that he is the best amongst the fellow contestants.

Also, i am not one to follow blindly!!! I don't argue what am not sure of!
As it stands, Peter Obi is the best governor Anambra has had since creation and is the person laying a firm foundation for the state.

Quote me anywhere!!!

We don't need to continue this arguement, I didn't say he had done "nothing". I was addressing a poster who was in such staunch support when the poster could not even name on achievement, so what was he/she in support of then?

Some points to pick up in your post though. I take exception to what you say in bold; such a view ("he's done more than a lot"wink is subjective. He has done more than a lot? That is quite some praise to give the man, and if I am to go by your posts of what he achieved I would definately not say he did "more than a lot". He did work will do. Free and fair elections do not prove that he was the best candidate, it shows that he had the popular mandate which does not mean he is the best. Peter Obi possibly being the best governor Anambra had ever had, does not necessarily mean he was the best candidate for this particular elections, so no need to add maggi to this your tori. I just wanted to address those points. I already thanked you for the effort but informed you why though it was definately appreciated, it wasn't really essential to what I was getting at  smiley
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by adigun101: 5:16pm On Mar 19, 2010
Anambra has always been a very unlucky state.

Obi is now the best they've ever produced. embarassed

Continue langushing in your mediocrity.

Do you know how many Anambranians lodge and now live at Asaba because of the state of Anambra state?

This is the kind of thing you will never see in Yorubaland.
You dont get governors of Obis acheivements being generally lauded by a sizable number of people.
This is not to say that they do not exist there.

WHAT A SHAME !!
Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Onlytruth(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
adigun101:

Anambra has always been a very unlucky state.

Obi is now the best they've ever produced.  embarassed

Continue langushing in your mediocrity.

Do you know how many Anambranians lodge and now live at Asaba because of the state of Anambra state?

This is the kind of thing you will never see in Yorubaland.
You dont get governors of Obis acheivements being generally lauded by a sizable number of people.
This is not to say that they do not exist there.

WHAT A SHAME !!

To think there was a time I thought you were a normal person! You had to show the Yoruba in you. undecided

First, you wanted to sow a seed of discord between the south east and south south, using a non-existent political rivalry over a stup'id presidential bid. You failed woefully because I called you out on that.
Now you are lamenting (duplicitously) that Obi is the best Anambra has to offer, as if it concerns you! What a character! Mind you, all your brothers have exhibited the same dubious character over and over again and I pity anyone who still think you guys are normal cry
Anytime something positive is going on in Igboland, you guys develop heart attack! Na wa o! I never knew hate can be this powerful.
Ndgibo have a lot to learn about hate to survive in Nigeria.  But, we are learning.

Obi is NOT THE BEST we have to offer, but we produced him IN PEACE not in assassinations. Something you animals can never achieve! cool

1 Like

Re: Gov Peter Obi Sworn In For Second Term In Awka Anambra State by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
Emperoh:

.  . .Oga mi SIr, no pun intended, but if INEC has created an enabling environment for all candidates and organised and free and fair election,

Well, the most popular is not always the best. In fact, majority of the time, that is the case. That Obi got re-elected by the people does not in anyway infer Obi is the BEST GOVERNOR or is an excellent governor. You can see how that would not apply in other cases. Take for instance Yar adua's 2 terms as governor of katsina state. He was re-elected by the people DOES NOT mean he was really an excellent leader/governor. The Popular vote in that case only moved the people a couple more decades back in time. We all know the truth now as we are better able to judge his record during those 8 years.

*** Gosh I really have a problem with this man being left to run a state for 8 solid years with next to no reasonable accomplishment in all that time, but then again, it is a nigeria-wide issue*** grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Of Assembly Summoned Bianca For Screening / 9 Suspected Kidnappers Of ESUT VC Arrested / NJC Dismisses Four Petitions Against Justice Okon Abang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.