Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party (7118 Views)

Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / Police Intercepts 850 Cutlasses Smuggled Into Katsina By Political Party / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by 9icest: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2010
@tmoney

do so I.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2010
Me too cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by smooooooth: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
so that's wat the protest have been about, wont be surprised if falana or tunde bakare runs with him for president. i will vote them nway.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by ilosiwaju: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2010
It's a fair start. I miss Gani, Beko and Tai Solarin.
~Bluetooth:

why in the first instance did soyinka took an appointment from babangida.if i may ask you how can you guarantee that the check and balances will not translate to godfatherism on the part of soyinka in the long run.
There are some times when you feel you may finally make an impact and difference from the corrupt status quo but when you get in, things are not always black and white. I doubt if soyinka ever claims perfection. Oshiomole might as well not contest for edo governorship.
Tai Solarin with all activism and anti-government thingy was made chairman of people's bank. what happened? they got his name soiled and he left. The climate is different this days sha.
Again sha, it's a fair start. Let him just avoid bigots, closet religious fanatics and corrupt people. Who knows? It's worth a shot anyway.
~Bluetooth:

if i may ask you how can you guarantee that the check and balances will not translate to godfatherism on the part of soyinka in the long run.
that's true cos even without the billion-naira corrupt politics, soyinka is a cult hero. God fatherism very likely too in the long run.
But sha, make we fix 9ja first. Others na background noise.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by adeibi: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

soyinka will be better off as an opposition because critics dont do well in government.they tend to be worse than the main politicians in the end.that was the reason for his failure as a former frsc chairman.politics is not a game for critics to play

i strngly agree wid u. We nid pple dt r nt in govt 2 chekmate our leaders. The critics shld b dere 2 criticize their actions so their eyes cn b clearer. I strngly disapprove Soyinka's involvment. I must say dt am disapointd. Nways mayb prof thnks he cn do it ryt. But dere's more 2 leadershp dn blowin grammar n pinpointn wrngs. Thngs r easier said dn done
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2010
adeibi:

i strngly agree wid u. We nid pple dt r nt in govt 2 chekmate our leaders. The critics shld b dere 2 criticize their actions so their eyes cn b clearer. I strngly disapprove Soyinka's involvment. I must say dt am disapointd. Nways mayb prof thnks he cn do it ryt. But dere's more 2 leadershp dn blowin grammar n pinpointn wrngs. Thngs r easier said dn done
who listens to a critic?
if you want a change, get on board and do it. You dont expect bad leaders to change just because ure blowing grammar on TV
we need the good people in Govt
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by MONAGHAN: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2010
[color=#000099]Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party [/color]

Am loving it
grin cool grin cool
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 18, 2010
I totally agree with Bluetooth! If he joins the fray, the Wole Soyinka we know will go down the drain.

I just hope as a politician his gist will contain less of 'catastrophe', 'war', 'disaster', 'mayhem', and all his other 'Nigeria is on the brink of annihilation' rants. At least his jumping on board means he knows Nigeria is not about to kaput!

I wonder what will happen when his party actually wins something and there's no one to oppose, and he's finally faced with the 'MULTITUDE' of party faithfuls who want their own piece of the national cake now-now or they'll 'annihilate' him, lol! It'll be nice to understudy his own style of God-fatherism and 'settlement' procedures.

Prof., pls, for the love of God, leave Scavenging for the Scavengers!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
.!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by mekusxxx: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2010
Soyinka was head of FRSC under IBB and we all know how he (mis)manged it. Nigeria is not English literature, the only thing he knows best. He should be made minister of reading and writing. grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by otukpo(f): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
Soyinka in politics!
lets wait and see what happens.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by teeluv(m): 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
he should go and ask Rev Okotie.its nt all about english.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
is he planning to run for president?

whatever happened to no nigeria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by henryben: 3:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
Who re d members of dis party pirates and all d cault boys in nigeria abi d problem he caused b4 has nt been solved.they re all d sam
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by mezie4u(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2010
i know he has order agendas, all this SNG crap.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
mekusxxx:

Soyinka was head of FRSC under IBB and we all know how he (mis)manged it. Nigeria is not English literature, the only thing he knows best. He should be made minister of reading and writing. grin
if you are not being tribalistic here,i would say this is the first time i'm seeing you talking sense.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by edoyad(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2010
@mezie4u and henryben, could you two please tell one thing anybody from your village has done for Nigeria that closely ranks to SNG or any Soyinka concept.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by adeibi: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2010
mekusxxx:

lmfao abi o tnx jare. My mum once tld me dt if barack obama or d bst prsidnt in d wrld rules 9ja he'll FAIL wid a capital 'F' u knw y? Cos 9ja's prob is 4rm d 'root'. If d foundatn is dstroyd wot cn d 'righteous' do. Leadershp isn't done as it appears wen u gt dere u'l knw d challenges u'l b facin. Evn Fashola cn attest 2 dt
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
adeibi:

lmfao abi o tnx jare. My mum once tld me dt if barack obama or d bst prsidnt in d wrld rules 9ja he'll FAIL wid a capital 'F' u knw y? Cos 9ja's prob is 4rm d 'root'. If d foundatn is dstroyd wot cn d 'righteous' do. Leadershp isn't done as it appears wen u gt dere u'l knw d challenges u'l b facin. Evn Fashola cn attest 2 dt
so you and your mother have concluded that nigeria can not be a good place again abi.na wa o
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2010
mekusxxx:

i see
so Yaradua read politics in the University grin cheesy
msheww

didnt know Oshiomole read politics too. and who told u he mismanaged FRSC?
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by SkyBlue1: 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
adeibi:

~Bluetooth:

why in the first instance did soyinka took an appointment from babangida.if i may ask you how can you guarantee that the check and balances will not translate to godfatherism on the part of soyinka in the long run.

marissa:

I totally agree with Bluetooth! If he joins the fray, the Wole Soyinka we know will go down the drain.

I just hope as a politician his gist will contain less of 'catastrophe', 'war', 'disaster', 'mayhem', and all his other 'Nigeria is on the brink of annihilation' rants. At least his jumping on board means he knows Nigeria is not about to kaput!

I wonder what will happen when his party actually wins something and there's no one to oppose, and he's finally faced with the 'MULTITUDE' of party faithfuls who want their own piece of the national cake now-now or they'll 'annihilate' him, lol! It'll be nice to understudy his own style of God-fatherism and 'settlement' procedures.

Prof., pls, for the love of God, leave Scavenging for the Scavengers!

mekusxxx:

All these weak and lame excuses to do nothing. If he runs a credible campaign and can convince me he is the best person for the job out of all the other candidates, I won't hesitate to vote for him. Some of the posts on this thread are not surprising in the least. Anyone who ever wants to do anything in Nigeria just has to accept that you would get a lot of these kind of comments. The same reason why people will shout and "comment" to high heavens about how bad things are; you suggest a way they can do something and they will ask you "what difference would it make". It really is best to just sometimes ignore such positions altogether. It is a democracy and if you do not want to vote for him then don't. There really is no need to pontificate about where he can best serve a purpose, he has made his choice so why cry more than the bereaved?

If you think so much of credible opposition as a key way to checkmate the leading government, what is stopping you from starting that opposition? Its like we enjoy delegating the best approach for others to take, as long as we don't have to do anything ourselves. For how long would a lethargic and lazy citizenry hold Nigeria in bondage?
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by cardoso111(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2010
Bluetooth,i hope you realise that Wole Soyinka's record at Road Safety was a model noone can surpass-his tenure brought discipline to road users and non users.you dont seem to know events and appraise them.Politics apart,Soyinka performed,go and check your facts again
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
cardoso111:

Bluetooth,i hope you realise that Wole Soyinka's record at Road Safety was a model noone can surpass-his tenure brought discipline to road users and non users.you dont seem to know events and appraise them.Politics apart,Soyinka performed,go and check your facts again
tkb417:

i see
so Yaradua read politics in the University grin cheesy
msheww

didnt know Oshiomole read politics too. and who told u he mismanaged FRSC?
he was appointed by a military dictator babangida who at the time of soyinka devaluated the nation's currency and was also accussed of complicity in dele giwa's death.during these two major events,our professor was busy as a chairman of frsc.you dont need to defend soyinka.he has regretted taking the appointed which he saw as a buy over strategy by ibb to close his mouth up.the main premise here is 'should social critic take poplitical office and my opinion is No because they get derailed in the long run due to their allegiance to their boss thereby shying aways from his whims and caprices
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tlops(m): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
mekusxxx:

so the current leadership has managing well? shocked cool (perhaps managing yar adua's health)

lol what is the problem with soyinka contesting for president or even winning an election sef.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by meexteriox(m): 4:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
A politician thinks of the next election, while a statesman thinks of the next generation.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he was appointed by a military dictator babangida who at the time of soyinka devaluated the nation's currency and was also accussed of complicity in dele giwa's death.during these two major events,our professor was busy as a chairman of frsc.you dont need to defend soyinka.he has regretted taking the appointed which he saw as a buy over strategy by ibb to close his mouth up.the main premise here is 'should social critic take poplitical office and my opinion is No because they get derailed in the long run due to their allegiance to their boss thereby shying aways from his whims and caprices
what are you saying? he said he's forming a political party!!!!
how do u reconcile this with what ure saying?

"they get derailed in the long run due to their allegiance to their boss"  what boss? is he taking an appointment with PDP or fighting to wrestle power from PDP? pls get this straight. ure mixing it

and what you posted up didnt tell us how Soyinka mismnaged FRSC according to one of the posters here. Pls, he didnt mismanage FRSC at all
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by akwaowoudo(m): 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2010
I'm not happy Wole Soyinka venturing into politics. I like the marking scheme he uses to mark our leaders script. Since he has ventured, let him continue being white because politics stains white. Good luck to him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2010
Sky Blue:

All these weak and lame excuses to do nothing. If he runs a credible campaign and can convince me he is the best person for the job out of all the other candidates, I won't hesitate to vote for him. Some of the posts on this thread are not surprising in the least. Anyone who ever wants to do anything in Nigeria just has to accept that you would get a lot of these kind of comments. The same reason why people will shout and "comment" to high heavens about how bad things are; you suggest a way they can do something and they will ask you "what difference would it make". It really is best to just sometimes ignore such positions altogether. It is a democracy and if you do not want to vote for him then don't. There really is no need to pontificate about where he can best serve a purpose, he has made his choice so why cry more than the bereaved?

If you think so much of credible opposition as a key way to checkmate the leading government, what is stopping you from starting that opposition? Its like we enjoy delegating the best approach for others to take, as long as we don't have to do anything ourselves. For how long would a lethargic and lazy citizenry hold Nigeria in bondage?
i'm only being objective and in order to do that,i think i should do away with tribal sentiments.how does being a successful social critic translates to being a good leader.it itakes more than street protest and carrying placards to be a good politicians.the same pdp,anpp and ac politicians would decamp to the supposed party and oops,soyinka with his international integrity will become a laughing stock.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by akwaowoudo(m): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
I'm not happy Wole Soyinka venturing into politics. I like the marking scheme he uses to mark our leaders script. Since he has ventured, let him continue being white because politics stains white. Good luck to him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by SkyBlue1: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i'm only being objective and in order to do that,i think i should do away with tribal sentiments.[b]how does being a successful social critic translates to being a good leader.[/b]it itakes more than street protest and carrying placards to be a good politicians.the same pdp,anpp and ac politicians would decamp to the supposed party and oops,soyinka with his international integrity will become a laughing stock.

And why do you assume that being a social critic and being a good leader are mutually exclusive? If that is the foundation of your arguement then permit me to have the opinion that it is very weak and lacking in substance. You have not even heard him speak on the substantial issues he wishes to tackle and most importantly how he wishes to tackle them, but you already conclude he would make a bad leader because he is a social critic?? ?
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Wrex(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2010
Wole soyinka in goverment!!I really find it funny. grin ;DCritics don't do fine in politics.Politics is not about speaking English oooo,
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2010
TROUBLE SLEEP YANGA GO WAKE AM. shocked shocked shocked :owot happened 2 d likes of M.K.O abiola-assasinated, onyeka owenu joined politics n failed so woefully neven lost huge amount of money.wole is just 2 decent n clean 2 enter in2 d land of rogues n dare devils.d CABALS in question r fully armed physically and jazz wise.so if u want a peacable life n a good reputation 2 maintain stay 50 foot poles away from naija politics.d revolution dat will take place dat will sweep dose rif rafs away is on its way.their cup is already full.its almost ready 2 explode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was The Jan 15, 1966 Coup An Igbo Coup? A Detribilized, Historical Perspective / Nigerian Army Reportedly Killing Survivors In Hospitals / Lagos State Water Corporation Office Vs Anambra Water Corporation Office Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.