Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? (548 Views)

Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means / My Crossover Night @ All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha In Pictures / Birthday Of Virgin Mary: Why Do Catholics Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by TrueThinker: 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
Source : http://www.immaculatablog.com/2017/11/catholics-celebrate-all-saints-why-pray.html

The Feast of All Saints is a Solemnity in honor of All Saints Known and Unknown.It is celebrated yearly on the 1st of November and is also a time for invoking the intercession of such known and unknown saints.

Of all Catholic Saints, Mary the Mother of Jesus is the most honored till date.Whenever Roman Catholics delve into the communion of Saint's controversy, the issue of "Praying through The Virgin Mary " becomes the central topic.There is one central prayer which is at the heart of all Catholic devotions to the Virgin Mary.It is the "Hail Mary" prayer.

The prayer goes thus:

“Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus, Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death - Amen"

This prayer has real bearing from the scriptures:

§ 'Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee’---See Luke 1:28

§ 'Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus’---See Luke 1:41-42

§ ‘Holy Mary'----See Luke 1:48 i.e. “Henceforth all generations shall call me blessed”. If all generations including our generation shall call her blessed, then she is Holy.
§ ‘Mother of God’---See Luke 1:43: Saint Elizabeth recognized Mary as Mother of her Lord even when Jesus was still in the womb of Mary through the influence of the Holy Spirit. Then in Matthew 2:11, the 3 wise men gave the baby Jesus divine worship and adoration even though Jesus was still a baby. Jesus is a single person biologically born of Mary, hence Mary is His Mother.

However, if Jesus her son is God also, then Mary is the Mother of God. Show me a Christian who says that Mary is not the mother of God and I will show you a person who says that Jesus is not truly God.

§ 'Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death '---see Jeremiah 42:2-3. If we go to this book of Jeremiah, we have the following:

“And they said to Jeremias the prophet: Let our supplication fall before thee: and pray thou for us to the Lord thy God for all this remnant, for we are left but a few of many, as thy eyes do behold us. And let the Lord thy God shew us the way by which we may walk, and the thing that we must do"

The message comes clear when we replace the name 'Jeremiah' with 'The Virgin Mary' in that passage. If we do this, then Jeremiah 42:2-3 translates to:

“And they said to the Virgin Mary, Let our supplication fall before thee, and pray thou for us to the Lord thy God for all this remnant, for we are left but a few of many, as thy eyes do behold us. And let the Lord thy God shew us the way by which we may walk, and the thing that we must do”

So when I say to Mary "pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death”, I say almost the same or a little less than the Holy Bible said in Jeremias 42:2-3. However this is not the main problem: Many of those who hate the Rosary already know those passages. They even know that Saint Paul supported the act of intercession in 1Thessalonians 5:25 and 1Timothy 2:1­2. They have other objections which I have divided into eight groups:

GROUP 1:

Some of them say that praying through Mary is Necromancy or some fetish invocation of the dead. They argue that there is nothing like communion between living and departed saints and I think there is a fundamental problem with their argument. The problem is that they think that death of a holy member of Christ renders him or her useless, incommunicado, and spiritually impotent. They don't know that physical death of a child of God is mere transformation or sleep as Jesus called it in John 11:11.

Those whom you call dead are actually alive in Christ and more powerful than you are. Jesus Himself in John 11:24-25, explained that those who believe in Him and physically die, continue to live on. Saint Paul in Romans 8:38 confirms that death cannot interfere in the life of such people in Christ Jesus. All who died in Christ remain a living part of Him and when they make it to heaven, they behold Him the way He is. This truth can be confirmed from 1Corinthians 13:12, 1John 3:2, Mark 12:24-­27 and 1Corinthians 15:22. If the departed saints remain in Christ after death, then we the living members who also belong to Christ, can talk to them in our prayers and they can hear us. Yes! Because we all have one common medium of interaction which is the body of Christ.

If spiritual communication with those who died in Christ were a crime, then Jesus should be a culprit because He on some occasions communed or talked to the dead. Jesus said in Matthew 22:32 that God is God, not of the dead, but of the living yet He communed with the dead in Matthew 17:3, John 11:43 and Luke 7:14. If God is God of the living and not the dead, and Jesus communed with departed saints as aforementioned, then those saints remained alive in Him.

The idea of communion of saints is clearly exemplified in Luke 15:7 where the Holy Bible tells us that there is great Joy in heaven over the repentance of a single sinner on earth according to Luke 15:7. One would imagine how saints in heaven get to know about repentance on earth, if there was no link between the living saints and departed saints in God.

So, Mary lives on in Christ and you can speak to her and she can hear you because communion of saints is a reality in the mystical body of Christ.

GROUP2:

Their second objection is when the accusers falsely apply John 3: 13 by claiming that no one has ever entered into heaven except the son of man. So they ask, why should you say that Mary is in heaven in the first place? Well, my response is that if a notorious armed robber entered heaven with Jesus in Luke 23:43, how much more the Virgin Mary, the mother of the savior of the notorious armed robber. She too must be necessarily in heaven. There are saints in heaven and the Holy Bible says so in Revelations chapters 6:9, 5:8 and 8:4.

1Thessalonians 3:13 also confirms that there are saints in heaven. Consider Abraham, a man of faith whom after his death, was put in charge of a bosom (See Luke 16:23). If Abraham had a bosom to himself, then imagine what the Virgin Mary the mother of the savior of Abraham now has in heaven. The Virgin Mary is in heaven.

Group 3:
The third objection from haters of the Hail Mary is that Jesus says in John 14:6:

“... I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the father, but by me"
So such persons ask: Where is Mary in the picture?
To get shocking biblical explanations to this third group it is better to go to the source URL http://www.immaculatablog.com/2017/11/catholics-celebrate-all-saints-why-pray.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgwyCXeUSc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by CharlieMaria(m): 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners....
Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
CharlieMaria:
Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners....

DO YOU BELIEVE CHRIST JESUS? PERMIT MY ASKING.
Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by CharlieMaria(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

DO YOU BELIEVE CHRIST JESUS? PERMIT MY ASKING.
Sure I do.... Our Lord Jesus Christ the son of the Blessed Virgin Mary....
Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
CharlieMaria:
Sure I do.... Our Lord Jesus Christ the son of the Blessed Virgin Mary....

THEN, IN CHRIST YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD AND NO MORE A SINNER...

THE SCRIPTURE TESTIFIES OF THOSE WHO HAD PUT THEIR FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD AS RIGHTEOUS. WHY THEN, ARE YOU CALLING YOURSELF A SINNER?

IN CHRIST, YOU HAVE PASS FROM BEING A SINNER TO BEING A RIGHTEOUS MAN...WHAT GOD HAS MADE CLEAN, PLS DON'T CALL UNCLEAN. PEACE!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by CharlieMaria(m): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

THEN, IN CHRIST YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD AND NO MORE A SINNER...

THE SCRIPTURE TESTIFIES OF THOSE WHO HAD PUT THEIR FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD AS RIGHTEOUS. WHY THEN, ARE YOU CALLING YOURSELF A SINNER?

IN CHRIST, YOU HAVE PASS FROM BEING A SINNER TO BEING A RIGHTEOUS MAN...WHAT GOD HAS MADE CLEAN, PLS DON'T CALL UNCLEAN. PEACE!
I think you may need to check out these quotations... 1John 1:8 says... If you say you have no sin, you there is no truth in you.... 1John 1:10 says if you say you have no sin you make God a liar.... Please dear juxtapose your stance with these two scriptural passages and pass the judgment.... There are still many scripture passages I'm ready to give to qualify my claim... But for now contend yourself with these... Cheers.
Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
CharlieMaria:
I think you may need to check out these quotations... 1John 1:8 says... If you say you have no sin, you there is no truth in you.... 1John 1:10 says if you say you have no sin you make God a liar.... Please dear juxtapose your stance with these two scriptural passages and pass the judgment.... There are still many scripture passages I'm ready to give to qualify my claim... But for now contend yourself with these... Cheers.

1JOHN1:7 SAYS-BUT IF WE WALK IN THE LIGHT,AS HE IS IN THE, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP ONE WITH ANOTHER, AND THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST HIS SON CLEANSETH US FROM "ALL SIN".
VERSE8 IS ADDRESSED TO THOSE WHO BELIEVES OR WILL SAY THEY HAVE NO SIN AT ALL, HENCE THEY DON'T NEED CHRIST AND HIS BLOOD TO CLEANSE THEM OFF THEIR SINS, THERE BY MAKING THEM RIGHTEOUS.

IN THIS SAME LETTER APOSTLE 1JOHN5:18- WE KNOW THAT WHOSOEVER IS BORN OF GOD SINNET NOT ; BUT HE THAT IS BEGOTTEN OF GOD KEEPETH HIMSELF, AND THAT WICKED ONE TOUCHETH HIM NOT...
Re: Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
CharlieMaria:

TO ADD TO MY EARLIER POST. 1JOHN1:8 AND ROMANS3:23 ARE SAYING ONE AND THE SAME THING...

WE ALL WERE ONCE A SINNER, A SLAVE TO SIN..THIS WAS OUR PREDICAMENT, UNTIL CHRIST JESUS SHOWED UP AND TOOK AWAY THE SINS OF THOSE WHO WILL BELIEVE IN HIM THROUGH HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD...

IN CHRIST I AND THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE SON OF GOD HAVE NO SINS, FOR ALL OUR SINS HAS PASSED AWAY. WE ARE NOW A NEW CREATURE WITHOUT SIN{2COR5:17)... LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND, FOR THE FUTURE HAS COME.

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Bible Verses On Thanksgiving / Benny Hinn Holy Spirit Engineered Confession A Sign Of The Times / April 2018 RCCG Children Special Holy Ghost Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.