Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means (481 Views)

Mary Is Not The Mother Of God / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
This is to remind all those who are against praying through Mary, the mother of Jesus, that it is actually a short cut, even though it appears a longer process.

For the benefit of the doubt,

WE GO TO JESUS THROUGH MARY, AND JESUS GOES TO GOD THE FATHER.
WE DONT GO TO GOD THE FATHER THROUGH MARY, BYPASSING JESUS. NO!!

READ Jn 2:1-5

On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee.(A) Jesus’ mother(B) was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a](C) why do you involve me?”(D) Jesus replied. “My hour(E) has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.

Jesus gave credence to the fact that "his time has not yet come" . But he still went on to do something, simply because of who is involved - the Mother. Worthy of note is the audacity in Mary, she didn't bother about the comment from her son "my time has not yet come" , she simply went on to give the disciples instruction to do whatever he tells them to do. In other words, she's already aware he gonna do it. Her conviction was not in doubt.

Assuming the people went direct to him, he would have waited for his time, because the people would not have wielded such influence to make him operate outside the timetable.

Hence, such a woman that has the stature to influence him and make him operate out of protocol must be a force to reckon with.

It is not wrong to pray to Jesus direct, after all he said "No one cometh to the Father EXCEPT THROUGH ME" , however it is not also wrong to go to Jesus through Mary. At the end of the day, it is still through Jesus, to the Father.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
Opinions are welcome
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by GorillaApp(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
Well, I don't want to be drawn into a long argument so I will pass

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Righteousness2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
My Brother! Prayerfully read the Scriptures to avoid Confusion and ignorance.

Praying to Mary, John, Paul, Peter or whoever is Confusion.

JESUS Christ the Master gave you a Direct line to call on HIM and you are busy looking for Mary. That is pure idol worship. Even Mary will render you slap for turning her into that.

John 14:13-14
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Praying to or asking Mary, James, peter, Matthew to help you talk to JESUS is a Lack of Knowledge.
Wake up and call on JESUS Christ.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by ABIODUN105(m): 1:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

JESUS Christ the Master gave you a Direct line to call on HIM and you are busy looking for Mary. That is pure idol worship. Even Mary will render you slap for turning her into that.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Praying to or asking Mary, James, peter, Matthew to help you talk to JESUS is a Lavk of Knowledge.
Lovely write up you just spoken my mind

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jesus is the only way the truth and the light. I don't need to pray through any other person.

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by sonmvayina(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
Why nor go to God directly like he commanded
"Do not have any other God before me"...
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by jmoore(m): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mary is dead!!

Praying to dead people is idolatry!

Did Jesus tell you to pray through Mary?

He simple said in John 16:23 “Amen Amen I say to you, whatever you ask from the Father, He will give it to you in My name"
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Truvelisback(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jesus said, whatever ye Shall ask in my Name, that shall my Father do.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
Righteousness2:

Praying to or asking Mary, James, peter, Matthew to help you talk to JESUS is a Lack of Knowledge.
What is your opinion in Mary's role in Jn 2:1-5 ??

Or is that not part of the bible??

Why do you pray for people? Why can't people Pray to God themselves??

Jesus is the only, no doubt. But Jesus can be influenced by people closer to him than you. That Bible demonstrated that too.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nuttella:
Jesus is the only way the truth and the light. I don't need to pray through any other person.
No problem. That doesn't mean that those through Mary are wrong.

And make sure you don't ask for prayers from your pastors.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Truvelisback:
Jesus said, whatever ye Shall ask in my Name, that shall my Father do.
Of course Mary is asking Jesus direct.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odoctor:

Where in the bible did the bible say we should pray through Mary?

Doctrines of man.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by SPTruth: 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
What you quoted, is the Gospel reading of today and it has nothing to do with "praying to Mary". Jesus been God, did not commit any sin on earth, the scripture says ,Honor your father and mother, Jesus had to obey because he can't sin, so He had to obey her as per earthly son to earthly mother. Presently, Jesus has been Glorified and He is sitted far above principalities and powers. Before He left, He clearly stated that all prayers should be said to The Father in His name. Read your entire Bible, there is no place where those that were alive prayed to those that were dead or to angels. Even Saul lost his life for communicating with the spirit of Samuel. That something seems "fast" doesn't make it right, asking for a solution from mammy water can even be faster. I will rather stick to the timing of God than sin against Him. God told Moses to speak to the rock and water will gush out, Moses went and struck the rock twice, and guess what? Even despite the disobedience, water still gushed out. And, he was punished for it, a punishment he wouldn't have received if only he had obeyed. So, results is not what counts in the Kingdom of God, it is total Obedience to the Word of God. May the Good God who saved me open the eyes of your understanding. Amen.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by SPTruth: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odoctor:

The scriptures say that the effectual, heartfelt, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16). You can ask your priest, charismatic prayer warrior etc, to Pray or intercede for you, it is allowed. As far as the person is a human being flesh, bones and blood. The can person can pray to Our Father through Jesus on your behalf. St. Paul frequently asked believers to pray for Him.(ROM 15:30-32, 1 Cor 1:10-11) He never for once told Steven or James that were dead before He wrote the epistles to pray for him. But, once the person is dead, you are not allowed to communicate with the spirit. It is referred to as necromancy which is forbidden by God.

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by paxonel(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odoctor:
This is to remind all those who are against praying through Mary, the mother of Jesus, that it is actually a short cut, even though it appears a longer process.

Jesus gave credence to the fact that "his time has not yet come" . But he still went on to do something, simply because of who is involved - the Mother. Worthy of note is the audacity in Mary, she didn't bother about the comment from her son "my time has not yet come" , she simply went on to give the disciples instruction to do whatever he tells them to do. In other words, she's already aware he gonna do it. Her conviction was not in doubt.

Assuming the people went direct to him, he would have waited for his time, because the people would not have wielded such influence to make him operate outside the timetable.

Hence, such a woman that has the stature to influence him and make him operate out of protocol must be a force to reckon with.

It is not wrong to pray to Jesus direct, after all he said "No one cometh to the Father EXCEPT THROUGH ME" , however it is not also wrong to go to Jesus through Mary. At the end of the day, it is still through Jesus, to the Father.
ok, we understand why now!

But now that Jesus time has come do we still need Mary inbetween?
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by paxonel(m): 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odoctor:

....by people closer to him than you
So, we are now second class people?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Nuttella:
Where in the bible did the bible say we should pray through Mary?

Doctrines of man.
Christianity is bigger than the Bible.
The bible was written by Christians right? Before that what was their book of reference?
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
paxonel:

So, we are now second class people?
grin grin grin grin
Not really. But influence matters in everything.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
paxonel:
ok, we understand why now!

But now that Jesus time has come do we still need Mary inbetween?

Not necessarily. But doing it isn't wrong either. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Odoctor(m): 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
SPTruth:
What you quoted, is the Gospel reading of today and it has nothing to do with "praying to Mary". Jesus been God, did not commit any sin on earth, the scripture says ,Honor your father and mother, Jesus had to obey because he can't sin, so He had to obey her as per earthly son to earthly mother. Presently, Jesus has been Glorified and He is sitted far above principalities and powers. Before He left, He clearly stated that all prayers should be said to The Father in His name. Read your entire Bible, there is no place where those that were alive prayed to those that were dead or to angels. Even Saul lost his life for communicating with the spirit of Samuel. That something seems "fast" doesn't make it right, asking for a solution from mammy water can even be faster. I will rather stick to the timing of God than sin against Him. God told Moses to speak to the rock and water will gush out, Moses went and struck the rock twice, and guess what? Even despite the disobedience, water still gushed out. And, he was punished for it, a punishment he wouldn't have received if only he had obeyed. So, results is not what counts in the Kingdom of God, it is total Obedience to the Word of God. May the Good God who saved me open the eyes of your understanding. Amen.

Mary is in heaven. So she can intercede for us.

Christianity predated the bible.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by amerimex(m): 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Those insisting on praying to God directly are been hypocritical as same people run to their pastors, prayer group leaders or even any prayer houses within reach.

Truth is the bible supports praying for one another, those our brethren who are dead in Christ are not dead but alive and in God's presence.

If they can pray for you while still alive in this sinful world, why can't they now that they are alive in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odoctor:

Christianity is bigger than the Bible.
The bible was written by Christians right? Before that what was their book of reference?
The bible contains the word of God, it was written by the inspiration of the holy spirit and it is a manual we use on how to live our life, we will be judged by the scriptures. So I don't know what you are implying, you are trying to water down the bible.
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by jmoore(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2022
amerimex:
Those insisting on praying to God directly are been hypocritical as same people run to their pastors, prayer group leaders or even any prayer houses within reach.

Truth is the bible supports praying for one another, those our brethren who are dead in Christ are not dead but alive and in God's presence.

If they can pray for you while still alive in this sinful world, why can't they now that they are alive in heaven.
Praying to dead people is idolatry!!

Deuteronomy 18:11 tells us that anyone who “consults
with the dead” is “detestable to the Lord.”
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by SPTruth: 9:40am On Jan 17, 2022
Odoctor:

Mary is in heaven. So she can intercede for us.

Christianity predated the bible.
lol, I was a legionary for more than 10yrs, so I know how it feels like to be blinded from the truth. There is nothing anyone will tell you that can convince you aside the workings of the Holy Spirit. Saying that church tradition and history has more authority than the Word of God which can never change even if heaven and hell passes away is the normal brainwashing tool. Meanwhile, Jesus quoted psalm 91 and Deut when He was tempted by Jesus. Jesus also read from the Book of Isaiah when he was in the synagogue. So the Holy Scriptures especially the OT predates Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Dtruthspeaker: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
Odoctor:

One sin full man going to another sin full man (dis one is even woman) hmm worse.

Woman. You do not even see that Christ said "Woman' not mother.

You think it is for nought that the Bible speaks to men?

Go and look at The Laws that should cover everybody eg Exodus 20:10, Exodus 23:17.

If you remove all your wishes and desires you will see The Truth!

To think that it only this one act that you happy to jump upon. Is it not curious that the disciples who walked directly with Christ, who themselves did a lot of things, you do not rely on them for you already within yourselves know that it is wrong to do so.

But you are happy to to fly to Mary's one act?

Following The Way is not the making of your own way!
Re: Praying Through Mary Is Biblical And A Faster Means by Omotakins(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2022
@Odoctor, how I wish you could have an open mind to take in and digest the word of God in its undiluted form rather than living by the tradition of man.

Can you quickly take a look at 1 Timothy 2:5. In case you consider it a luxury to open your Bible to check right now. It says, 'For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus'.

When you as a man pray to Mary(another human being who is even dead) to pray to Jesus and Jesus to pray to God the father, what do you make of Mary?

Another mediator besides Jesus, right?

If that is the case, have you not acted contrary to the quoted verse above?

May be this verse of the scripture is not in your Bible.

I advise you to Study the Bible diligently, meditate on it and ask the Holy Spirit for interpretation.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Finger Of God? / WOFBI Sunday Service: Understanding The Secret Of Changing Levels.(living Faith) / BREAKING: I don’t know whether there will be 2023 election yet – Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.