Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM (49470 Views)

Dog Killed In Port-Harcourt After Being Accused Of Transforming From A Man. PICS / Lady Runs Mad After Withdrawing Money From The Bank In Egbeda, Lagos / Lady Killed After Withdrawing Money From Diamond Bank In Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by paulavon: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
A sad way to lose a great guy, I do remember back then in school how diligent and hardworking you were. You so much believed in this nation but the alas the nation failed you.
A gentle giant and great Mud Engineer you were. Scanner may you rest in perfect peace, Amen

3 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Softhands(m): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Jesus!!! I must be dreaming... I once lived in same Hostel(Uniben, Ekosodin) with this guy back in school, his room was Just opposite the Popular Igos (OAP, Wazobia Fm).... This Guy was super dedicated man, studied Civil Engineering... very brilliant and exceptional, I think he was even their class rep sef... Mhen this world is a wicked world ooo.... I don't even know what people are doing in that rivers of blood sef... useless state!!! RIP Scanner... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
zoba88:
This story will put you in tears!

Mr Christopher Ojika aka 'Scanner' was shot in the chest and stomach on Saturday 28th October 2017 at about 4pm. Sadly he is now addressed as late and in past tense.

He was shot as he returned from an ATM where he went to withdraw money to fix his vehicle which was being attended to at a nearby mechanic workshop.

This happened in Port Harcourt Metropolis, Port Harcourt is too rough you might say but it might interest you to know that it was not the gunman's bullet that killed the fine young gentleman who was so full of promise. It was the rot in our Healthcare Delivery System, the Health Worker's poor attitude to work, total disregard to the Hippocratic/Florence Nightingale's oaths and our total disregard for human life......

Judge for your self;

The young man having been shot fell on the floor and was calling for help, everyone took off in a million directions and fortunately a brave Good Samaritan decided to assist the young man who identified himself and asked to be rushed to First Rivers Hospital where he received treatment under his company cover.

Upon arriving the hospital he was not attended to, he even identified some nursing staff at the facility who had attended to him in he last and beckoned on them to help him, his appeal fell on deaf ears as a ?doctor came out and asked that he be referred.

Those attempting to help the young man decided to rush him down to the Military Hospital Port Harcourt believing that will be the 'best' place for gunshot wounds to be attended to. Alas they were wrong as first aid was administered and he was referred to The Teaching Hospital..

At this point I can only say that Mr Christopher was confirmed dead at about 3am, he had remained conscious while waiting to be taken to the theatre and died 11 hours after being shot without being operated on.

Money was not a problem as everything requested for was provided.

Christopher was snatched from his young beautiful wife who is carrying the child they've both been longing for.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/11/young-man-shot-dead-after-withdrawing.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by kabaka1: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lordspicy:
JESUS! naija should revisit the law banning hospitals from treating gunshot wounds without permission from police...... he died hours after being shot ....nawa oo

that law has already been changed.
it was mere ignorance in this case
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by YabaLeftist: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
dessz:
I won't lie,if I were among the ppl paasing by I would also flee,its kinda an instinct to most humans cry i pray to gain the courage to help others in time of crisis.
rip man

I also pray you don't find yourself in a situation where you'd be in crisis and in dire need of help and everyone near would run away.

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by cupidhero(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
This cold world won't feel a thang.....RiP to him.

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
I honestly do have a problem with this Port Harcourt of a city..

What is there problem sef with crimes like this?.

They have now become our own Boston or Texas.
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Lordspicy(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
kabaka1:

that law has already been changed.
it was mere ignorance in this case

then they should embark on sensitization na
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by cpapa: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
Rip Chris the people that did this will pay someday

2 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by kabaka1: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ra88:
And some bastardly bastards are still supporting a president who will run to London for treatment if he has catarrh while our young and amiable youths die every day because of the stupid inaction of the same leaders.

This hell called Nigeria is a disgrace of a country.

why blame s President in this case. it is just pure ignorance, selfishness and lack of empathy that killed this guy. the nurses and doctors could have easily saved him in this case if they had simply done their job

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by bigpicture001: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
...there is a law in nigeria judiciary that points to indict the closest person physically seen close to a dead person..you become the 1st suspect according to that law and you are arrested nd detained and sent to court..u are prosecuted as a murderer until proven otherwise which mostly com from testimonies by eyewithness..so ppl if ur not sure more than one person who are not in ur company is evidently present when u try to help a dying person...plz dnt..gud conscience can't save u from the law...
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Kennydoc(m): 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
9jvirgin:
In another sane clime, I had appendicitis surgery of $40,000 done without the hospital asking for a dime. I was operated upon and fed for 3 days without paying a dime. Meanwhile, Rivers State is worst than the dreaded Columbian and Mexican cities. The crimes committed against humanity in Rivers State has not been recorded anywhere in the world. Now I see why the white people held on to apartheid, we are not fit mentally to handle a country of our own.

In which country does appendectomy cost $40k? Even in the UK, more complex surgeries like hip replacement surgery in private hospitals don't cost up to £15k.
Apart from that, is it not insurance that pays all those over inflated hospital bills in the western world?

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by bigboss80s(m): 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
9jvirgin:
In another sane clime, I had appendicitis surgery of $40,000 done without the hospital asking for a dime. I was operated upon and fed for 3 days without paying a dime. Meanwhile, Rivers State is worst than the dreaded Columbian and Mexican cities. The crimes committed against humanity in Rivers State has not been recorded anywhere in the world. Now I see why the white people held on to apartheid, we are not fit mentally to handle a country of our own.

I'm glad you said in sane climes. Because Nigeria is not a "sane." Place. The reason that hospital attended to you is because they are endowed by a foundation and they actually have a portion of their budget dedicated to charity if you can call it that.
How many private hospitals in Nigeria are endowed by large organizations?

And before you get all excited I have worked in the top hospitals in the US, UK and the Netherlands so I have a good idea how healthcare in developed countries works.

Listen to yourself. An appendectomy costs $40,000. The same surgery costs N40,000 in Nigeria and doctors are expected to give the same or a similar level of care! Think man! Think!

Nigerian doctors and nurses are doing their best with what is available.

They should be applauded!

6 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Wisebisho: 9:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
ufuosman:
Doctors and nurses like doing things like dis, some will ask for police report or deposit first. 99percent don't value life. Why can't dey start treatment and call police themselves. They just waste the young man life. The people dat shot him will die dis November IJN, Amen
9ja doctors and nurses do not value life, they are only after money.. Once hear a story on how a man lost his wife because he has no money and the doctor refuse to attend to her... After some years he tracked the doctor, hold the family on gun point till the doctor returned. He first narate his story to everybody and then wipe the whole family leaving the doctor to feel his pain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by charlsecy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
9jvirgin:
In another sane clime, I had appendicitis surgery of $40,000 done without the hospital asking for a dime.
$40,000 for appendicitis?

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by lightwind(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
chibabe259:
Even a dog in UK can't be neglected this way.
chibabe,what is & d other room
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by oloshelu1: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
rip
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by meforyou1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oyindidi:
Wicked people everywhere. This one too na buhari fault?
yes naa
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2017
This case should not be allowed to die
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by persius555(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
A terrorist who mauled down 8 souls was shot and revived by medics who immediately carried out a life saving surgery in the US less than 24 hours ago.

In Nigeria, not even the innocent has a second chance to live. And they say we are the most religious people on earth.

Does this country deserve to be saved? RIP to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by persius555(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
bigpicture001:
...there is a law in nigeria judiciary that points to indict the closest person physically seen close to a dead person..you become the 1st suspect according to that law and you are arrested nd detained and sent to court..u are prosecuted as a murderer until proven otherwise which mostly com from testimonies by eyewithness..so ppl if ur not sure more than one person who are not in ur company is evidently present when u try to help a dying person...plz dnt..gud conscience can't save u from the law...

How many more have to die before we repeal those draconian, medieval and 13th century laws.
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by meforyou1(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
9jvirgin:
appendix surgery doesn't cost that much please.haba. Is it a major surgery?

2 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by kabaka1: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
Lordspicy:

then they should embark on sensitization na

...sensitization 4 who? these people are just ignorant and know fully well they won't get punished for being ignorant as in this case for this guys death.

African is just so weak at enforcing our laws and that's what's pushing us backwards.
for a place like America all the nurses and doctors who could have helped this guy to survive his gunshotvwoint but didn't would have been fired and family of the guy would sue the hospital for a huge monetary compendation for the loss of the young man.

Naija just got a long way to go in a lot of things especially the simple things like our health care palavar
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by bigpicture001: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
persius555:

How many more have to die before we repeal those draconian, medieval and 13th century laws.
..a 68 year old.man in.ma street got a death sentence for dat law...just cuz he doesn't have a witness

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by rayobaba(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
Am hating this country day by day.

1 Like

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oh cry cry

Young couple. 11 good hours went by; clearly, the young man would have made it if he had gotten the necessary help.

How he just watched helplessly as his life slipped away with no assistance from the one place he thought he could get it is just beyond me.

Oh, and the young wife cry Such devastation.

Nigeria, a richly blessed nation with all the God given natural resources yet still below a 3rd world nation.

The rate at which Nigeria & other countries ruled by BLACKS are lagging behind in basic infrastructural development is gut wrenching. Hmmmm.

cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Zapence(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
dodobytes:
RIP "Scanner"..UNIBEN Civil Engineering 08' will forever love and remember you.

Rest easy gentle giant.

Are you on the LT 12 WhatsApp group?

Rest in perfect peace Scanner, UNIBEN Civil Engineering class of 2008 Will miss you, LT 12 misses you (already) like crazy, and I miss you my Brother, way beyond what words can express.
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2017
enemyofprogress:
How about the money he tooked from the ATM?did the shooter tooked the money?

Chai, na wa for you ooo lipsrsealed

I didn't want to laugh na...at least, not here.

Why did you make me na??
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by MrBigiman: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
You couldn't even rush the young man to theatre. Dying 11 hours later is pure negligence, yet this doctors are quick to go on strike for money. Run from Naija if u have d chance

7 Likes

Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kai,God help your people ,why are we so wicked in this part of the globe,religion no dey work,common sense no dey work,conscience no dey work..R.I.P brotherly
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by vioment: 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
You workk legit job - dem kill you. You no do legit job - them kill you. Is Nigeria not a bar below hell?
Re: Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM by osscarr(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
Zapence:

Are you on the LT 12 WhatsApp group?

Rest in perfect peace Scanner, UNIBEN Civil Engineering class of 2008 Will miss you, LT 12 misses you (already) like crazy, and I miss you my Brother, way beyond what words can express.

Zapence I've not been myself since this news of scanners demise
RIP scanner LT12 misses u. Chiefs observers bench

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Kills Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters & Submerged Bodies In Oil Tank In US (Pics) / Gracious David West: Ladies Recount Encounter With Port Harcourt Serial Killer / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.