Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128675 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by YourFatherLap: 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
Is Schengel a country?

Please guys educate me.... Them nor dey know finish
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
Singingbae:

Boss please help your boy, I'm currently studying Physics in the University, but my CGPA is just like yours. So are you trying to say no opportunity for us in that type of country if we're going for our M.Sc? Perhaps bro. you're a blessing to me in believing that nothing is impossible!

Note. I'm planning on staking well so that my account will be busy this season! grin tongue

Ah there are Msc opportunities with this our low cgpa oh, na just to package well then apply for Msc closely related to Physics
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by 4dor: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Brother poverty wear my family facecap, I be first son, my ginger na FULL DEAD...I nor gree, I must break free brotherly...up till now, I still struggle to behave well socially especially during dinners with my wife’s family, who are really upscale professionals in both countries (Sweden and Finland)....I still dey do plenty bushman things sad na God go help me

I too gbadun your story my guy, you're a source of inspiration. You no be bushman at all, you be qualified Chemical Engineer wey sabi, dey tell yourself that everyday. As for dinners, you fit check YouTube for dining etiquette, that na how I learn when I start to dey relate with foreign people. God bless your hustle Baba.

14 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by gare(f): 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
I gathered all the information I needed from Nigerians living in Finland, who I befriended through social media...I applied for a study place at these schools: University of Oulu, Environmental Engineering, Lapperranta University of Technology, Chemical Engineering and Aalto University....Guess what? I was rejected by ALL of them, even though I packaged my low cgpa with a sharp motivation letter and my Internship matters from Port Harcourt Refinery...My savings went below N1M already as I was getting more frustrated! I paid a short visit to my younger ones in Warri, and we were happily chatting away, when our last born mentioned that he had been talking with a Swedish girl on Facebook, but she wasn’t so interested in him because he was way younger than her, she was 25, he was 18.....I was 27 then wink I started smelling an opportunity in this kind of issue brotherly, I told him to share my Whatsapp contact with this girl...Guess What? cheesy this Swedish girl fell in love with me, I too, I fell in love with her because she just was opposite of our Nigerian girls, maybe that was one other factor, but you know one thing? “If Warri boy love you, he dey love finish oh LOL grin” we would later talk EVERYDAY on Skype etc.....I reapplied the following year to more schools in Norway, Finland and Estonia but I was REJECTED again! cry But me and my Swedish girl kept in contact! Comments please!!!! wink wink

Which comments you dey find ?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourFatherLap:
Is Schengel a country?

Schengen is a group of EU countries with several sophisticated economies....you fit still google up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

I dey tell you...sometimes her head dey shake, but I go just forget that side because of her good heart and straightforward ways...na super woman she be

If e nor de shake i for say nor be confam nordic girl you dey with but all the way. wen una go drop first album grin

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
4dor:

I too gbadun your story my guy, you're a source of inspiration. You no be bushman at all, you be qualified Chemical Engineer wey sabi, dey tell yourself that everyday. As for dinners, you fit check YouTube for dining etiquette, that na how I learn when I start to dey relate with foreign people. God bless your hustle Baba.

Thanks man...I don learn something

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
kachi19:

If e nor de shake i for say nor be confam nordic girl you dey with but all the way. wen una go drop first album grin

E dey pipeline wink

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
concho:
lol.......same thought with me

Hehehehe grin I just laughed out loud here...the world is too big, the internet is bigger, and nobody knows who is reading this, so I gats tweak stuff wink

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Okay I mean making professional relationships with people who will take you to where you want to be

Like you abi... wink
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
dennisworld1:
Nice story from my warri blood. Working on mine. From warri to canada...

Correct brotherly....I dey wait to read your success story for the abroad!!!

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
kachi19:

Like you abi... wink

You know na....virus people and enter their lives wink

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by odigbosky(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
gayman99:

Bros make tori nor too long. Something happened in my office this week that humbled us. We dey carry certificate upadan till one guyboy visit us. Hmmm. See ride. Everybody humble. Na handwork e dey for abroad levels. Na so my oga advise us o that as young men the future is in your hands. Osanobua men, I nor fit sleep that night.

bros.....egua tor....
brother i just dy vex say i dy waste my time for yeye uniben...i cant wait to finish....street dy hard....i dy pray to gather small on the street matterz make i move out comor here jare.....e just dy pain me say my Old man still believe in dis 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
userplainly:
i dey tell u! tan God say SARS matter doh die ..
Lol for warfi? grin omo i de enter warfi next month
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

You know na....virus people and enter their lives wink

tbh dem dey fear this name "Nigeria" lol that's by the side... im still weighing my options in cost of living Turkey, Belgium or Finland.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
I nor know why all this dem lalasticlala like busy body sef. who send dem carry this thread go FP :/

1 Like

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by claremont(m): 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
olaboy1:
Maybe I’ve not been following. You applied for residence permit base on family ties to a Swedish girl and you are in Finland?
Yes Swedish girls mentality are that weird when it comes to finding love in very difficult situations, when you live here like 5 years you will understand more why she came to Nigeria breaking all odds.

You are a smart dude, as a Naija to Naija guy who has lived here for almost 10years, my greatest advice to you is to find a job that pays above 13,000kr as a back up if you are in Sweden. All those African mentality of the theory and definition of love just put am for one corner first. The greatest sense of fulfillment for these low self esteem women no matter how beautiful they are is coming to save someone in a 3rd world country, once you start making more money than her or you are no longer in the category of a poor 3rd worlder, her insecurities will set in.

Yes Scandinavia is beautiful and you can excel here with hard work just like anywhere else in the west.

Agreed. I think you should make some more comments on this thread to provide a much more balanced view, as you have been there for a while. Personally, the only thing I like about the Scandinavian countries is their women. grin

I remember a few years ago, Denmark launched a 'green card' scheme that third world immigrants could apply for. There was a mad rush by PhD holders, doctors etc living in third world countries for the scheme. When they arrived in Denmark, they discovered that the only jobs they could do were unskilled jobs like taxi driving, warehouse workers etc. It wasn't uncommon to see a PhD holder driving a taxi in Denmark to earn a living.

12 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by kachi19: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourFatherLap:
Is Schengel a country?

Na countries wey de deal on fried fish as means of national income.... You're welcome smiley

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by paey30c(f): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
Continue pls ....we are waiting smiley wink
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by BigChillin(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
The Viking Cruise liner ship I will take from Turku in Finland to Stockholm, a fantastic experience!
lol truuu....fantastic cruises in that Baltic sea frfr. I was just in Helsinki and Alaharma (near Vassa) coolin' for like 10 days this summer and also took in a day Baltic Sea cruise on the Tallink Ferry to Tallin, Estonia. Tallin, the capital has only 225,000 people. Very small sleepy city. Finland is soo peaceful. I gotta confess that even though an American, I seriously fantasized about moving to Finland (giving up my 6BR/4BA crib in North Carolina and 1 acre bungalow in ATL). There seems to be no crime in Finland (at least in Alaharma and Vassa). And peep this.... healthcare is free!!! OMG we Americans pay a fortune for this in the US!!! And no random shootings and killings like here in the US. I love the Nordic countries man! (Was also in Bergen and Oslo, Norway as well as Stockholm, Sweden). Met some Finnish and Norwegian broads while there this summer.
Yo, them honeys are gawgeous lol

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Singingbae(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Ah there are Msc opportunities with this our low cgpa oh, na just to package well then apply for Msc closely related to Physics
Thanks bro!!! I've started my networking asap!! You're a blessing bruh!!

We stayed prayed up #StayWoke

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Humulity: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
For example the way you have ECOWAS. It's a group/committee of country's with common economic interest.

suomi1990:

Schengen is a group of EU countries with several sophisticated economies....you fit still google up

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by BigChillin(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

Dudes, learn from OP and try to go to the Nordic countries. They are the last bastions of peaceful societies left on earth. BUT DON'T GO FVCK SHID UP OUT THERE. STAY OUTTA CRIMES AND DRUGS AND SHID. CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING THOSE SOCIETIES UP FOR TAKING YOU IN WHEN YOU GET THERE. They are generally nicer than white folks in other parts of Europe and North America. So be nice to 'em when u get there niggaz n niccas! And like OP said, learn hard core skilled trades like plumbing, electrician, carpenter, painter, mechanic, A/C and refrigeration repair technician, etc. You gone be racking up serious bread with these kinda skills in them Nordic countries, especially if you operate ur hustle solo. Trust me.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
imperiouxx:

Americans are the worst. They jump on you the moment you landed in U.S or spend their money to visit you anywhere you're and file to bring you over.

Interesting. The biggest problem I see here is also the high rate of mental sickness, from my personal experience almost 6 out of 10 have mental sickness here ranging from Bi polar disorder, ADHD, ASD etc, but bipolar seem to be the most common.

Bipolar girls may be 100% beautiful but they act impulsively, they can travel 10,000 miles away to meet or spend all their savings on gamble...they just act in the moment. I have dated the bipolar ones and I know how they think and live. Bipolar ones would ask you to move in very fast, but not the ones working in the banks that are mentally ok.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by odigbosky(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
OP no forget to do dat your younger bro well oooo.....na dere ur dextiny for kick start. Your story dn inspire me tire....I be Benin boy...right now you dn fire my ginger....na to invade the whole cyber space.....No body would be spared.
Osanobua must bless me.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
olaboy1:

I totally disagree with you. Just because the old hags come to take advantage of poor Gambians doesn’t mean they are not racists.
Scandinavia generally is a joyless and depressing place to be maybe apart from Copenhagen Denmark from what my friends who moved there have been saying. Many even moved from Stockholm to CPH.

The depression in the country and utter ego has made almost all the Swedish men and women single, it’s not uncommon to see a girl that is Uber 9/10 single and living alone, there get away for the men is Thailand and the women go to Latin American countries, Jamaica and Africa.

https://www.thelocal.se/20040907/371

As for OP let me awaken you that the relationship goal of a Swedish woman is having a baby as you enjoy the system more when you have kids, and also kids help them to solve the boredom part. Without kids all you hear is someone having a discussion in the apartment and when you go inside you realize she has been chatting with her cats or dogs for minutes. After kids they are known to be very wicked to you and if you are not careful she and her system will push you away, I have many ethnic Swedish friends who have suffered in the hands of Swedish women and I had two Swedish girls in my house party after having some vodka attesting to their devilish behaviors in the family court to deal with the men, according to them men are pigs and pathetic, they basically in my world are not fit to raise a family with because they have a high flight risk and I rate them 25% when it comes to longevity of love. I am not preaching doom to your life OP, not at all, I like your spirit and I thought you could use some wise words from an oldie to complement your smartness. In the house party they even showed me apps they use to count the numbers of their sex lays, the girls here are brutal and narcissistic.

If I find the blog of one American guy I would send to you, infact American men have been known to fall for the cheap game of Swedish women to a point the USA embassy gave a warning on their official website some years ago.
Nice advice from an experienced perspective.
OP take this seriously and play your game well.
God bless your hustle
Cc.suomi1990

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by YourFatherLap: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
kachi19:

Na countries wey de deal on fried fish as means of national income.... You're welcome smiley
Lol mugu

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by imperiouxx(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
olaboy1:

Interesting. The biggest problem I see here is also the high rate of mental sickness, from my personal experience almost 6 out of 10 have mental sickness here ranging from Bi polar disorder, ADHD, ASD etc, but bipolar seem to be the most common.

Bipolar girls may be 100% beautiful but they act impulsively, they can travel 10,000 miles away to meet or spend all their savings on gamble...they just act in the moment. I have dated the bipolar ones and I know how they think and live. Bipolar ones would ask you to move in very fast, but not the ones working in the banks that are mentally ok.

Problem with Americans is that most are single mothers, old singles or divorcees with no kid.

You see why they will jump on you like ant sees sugar? And an American don't want to hear this is fasting period and no s3x. They believe Africans are strong for that department.

14 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Ziggarrr: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
This THIRD application, my Swedish girl was with me in Naija then, I nearly carry am go interview oh cheesy but for the restraining rules against such, I went alone...omor the rejection was quicker than the others, at about 6days angry we proceeded for an appeal at the embassy, she had to leave for Sweden because the appeal was taking forever embarassedomor I felt like locking myself in her bag and moving with her cheesy nothing spoil sha...The result of the appeal came within two months: another REJECTION! angry that’s number FOUR REJECTION By this time, I started getting closer to God oh, because the matter don burst sad With fasting and prayers, I went for the FIFTH APPLICATION, the gatemen at the embassy of Sweden started trolling me: “bros you don come again?, nawa oh, nor be by force to go Europe na”....this people nor know say I be dead, when it comes to determination...comments please!!!!

Brooooo

34 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by olaboy1: 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
BigChillin:

Dudes, learn from OP and try to go to the Nordic countries. They are the last bastions of peaceful societies left on earth. BUT PLEASE DON'T GO FVCK SHID UP UP THERE. STAY OUTTA CRIMES AND DRUGS AND SHID. CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING THOSE SOCIETIES UP FOR TAKING YOU IN WHEN YOU GET THERE. They are generally nicer than white folks in other parts of Europe and North America. So be nice to 'em when u get there niggaz! And like OP said, learn hard core skilled trades like plumbing, electrician, carpenter, painter, mechanic, A/C and refrigeration repair technician, etc. You gone be racking up serious bread with these kinda skills in them Nordic countries. Trust me.

I beg to disagree bruv, you are only going to live a normal life if you live the real Scandinavian standard. Nordic or Scandinavia is not designed to rack up serious bread except you have your own company or business racking up the bread for you.

If you do any of the jobs listed after tax you might end up with 20,000 Swedish Kronor. Rent in Stockholm is very high, except as a Warri boy you can live below budget and still save 10,000kr monthly, but if you live Scandinavian standard you may save 3,000kr. So jobs in Scandinavia will not get you rich.

You have many benefits though like healthcare, free school, good and cheap day care, clean air and beautiful clean streets, safe night out and fast internet.

7 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Oju4190: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
[quote author=suomi1990 post=61998050]I had briefed my roommates about Nonye, so they were well informed of her continuous stalking....We sighted her afar off, and we quickly made the room as presentable as possible,
hmmm....u.nor get anytin for mind but u quickly arranged ur room to b in the sexy mode....I see!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.