Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs (45925 Views)

2 Teens Got Trapped In A Shopping Cart While Performing Tiktok Challenge (VIDEO) / Python Snake Killed After Devouring Goat. / Another Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard (2.0) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Skmoda360(m): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
CynthiaChi:

Lol, it does look really creepy and dangerous.... can't imagine even eating it
and this one is even baby sef......
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by CynthiaChi(f): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
Skmoda360:
and this one is even baby sef......
Lol, how do you know it's a baby?
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ezegenigbonine: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
Some ppl will soon catch monitor lizard pox or tortoise pox
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by labanj1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
To all those saying it's alligator (somebody even said Iguana), that's a monitor lizard. Please if you don't know something, learn to use Google images.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by franklypaen: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
Please there are no gators in Nigeria neither is it an iguana * I think * it is a monitor lizard
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Skmoda360(m): 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2017
CynthiaChi:

Lol, how do you know it's a baby?
seen the bigger ones before i had to run cux i use to walk through the path behind my hostel everyday.....when i saw it i was surprised why walking i had to double up.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by devvland(m): 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
Poshriel:

This is one of the stories I read on this forum and I am excited..

Good write up well explained, use of tense and punctuations....

Bro be it as it is please consider being a writer ... For you are good

I think he already aspires towards that. You can see by the transition in the storyline that he is trying to apply a writer's finesse to story. Didn't do badly too. But it's a trifle too obvious and rather gets in the way of the tale. The idea is to tell a story without appearing to be telling a story.

Another thing... "a coy smile on his mouth" is rather clumsy. "Smile" goes with "lips" or better yet "face"

Nice try, though. You fall, you get up.

1 Like

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by RapportNaija(m): 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
devvland:

I think he already aspires towards that. You can see by the transition in the storyline that he is trying to apply a writer's finesse to story. Didn't do badly too. But it's a trifle too obvious and rather gets in the way of the tale. The idea is to tell a story without appearing to be telling a story.

Another thing... "a coy smile on his mouth" is rather clumsy. "Smile" goes with "lips" or better yet "face"

Thanks
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Rhea(f): 12:16am On Nov 03, 2017
mazimee:
As creepy as this animal is, you people still got so tasty and cooked it for a meal?

Una go eat goblin one day.

Na better delicacy. Correct protein. Goes well with orijin beer and alligator pepper
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Kalashnikov102(m): 1:11am On Nov 03, 2017
I wouldn't hv killed it.. Simply jus rear this sweet monitor lizard. So it cld be an Addy to the tortoise.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 6:43am On Nov 03, 2017
Poshriel:

This is one of the stories I read on this forum and I am excited..
Good write up well explained, use of tense and punctuations....
Bro be it as it is please consider being a writer ... For you are good
With this terrible written English?
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 6:44am On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=RapportNaija post=62005730]

Lol, I'm actually a writer. Google my name Akintobi Jimoh Short Story... Thanks! [/quote
Please work on your grammar.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2017
ireneidiva:

Apparently, you should be better then... I hope to see some of ur stuff should you not mind

1 Like

Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by RapportNaija(m): 6:50am On Nov 03, 2017
ireneidiva:

It's not that deep. This isn't in the literature section.

Just drink water, and move on.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 6:53am On Nov 03, 2017
RapportNaija:

It's not that deep. This isn't in the literature section.
Just drink water, and move on.
How do you expect to get better when you won't take correction?
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 6:54am On Nov 03, 2017
Poshriel:

Apparently, you should be better then... I hope to see some of ur stuff should you not mind
Hmmm
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by RapportNaija(m): 7:01am On Nov 03, 2017
ireneidiva:

How do you expect to get better when you won't take correction?

post=62017732:

Can you see a proper constructive criticism up here?

And where TF is the "correction" in this your early morning nonsense?

I repeat, go wash your teeth, drink water, and get on with your life. Don't quote me again, please.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2017
RapportNaija:

Can you see a proper constructive criticism up here?

And where TF is the "correction" in this your early morning nonsense?

I repeat, go wash your teeth, drink water, and get on with your life. Don't quote me again, please.
Grow up.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by RapportNaija(m): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2017
ireneidiva:

Grow up.

F*ck uuu adult!
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by CynthiaChi(f): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
Skmoda360:

seen the bigger ones before i had to run cux i use to walk through the path behind my hostel everyday.....when i saw it i was surprised why walking i had to double up.
I can just imagine the running you did... This one looks like a baby version of a komodo dragon, so the big one must be scary
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Skmoda360(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
CynthiaChi:

I can just imagine the running you did... This one looks like a baby version of a komodo dragon, so the big one must be scary
the tail was kinda sharp though.....smiles
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by CynthiaChi(f): 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Skmoda360:
the tail was kinda sharp though.....smiles
Lol... Well, thankfully you escaped it
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Skmoda360(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
CynthiaChi:
Lol... Well, thankfully you escaped it
yeah....right
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 11:08am On Nov 07, 2017
OCTAVO:
Says who? undecided
Stylishly use google before arguing na.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by ireneidiva(f): 11:10am On Nov 07, 2017
lenghtinny:
You must be a first class learner
Browse the internet sir It's not just for Nairaland.
Re: Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard After Devouring 3 Eggs by Afobear: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
OCTAVO:

Correct.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Snake Killed At A Nairalander's Site: What's The Name? / A Black Cobra Killed This Morning / Name The Bad Habit That You Have Been Trying To Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.