Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. (2795 Views)

We Cannot Have A Seaport And Be Lamenting On How To Export Products – Archibong / "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze / Eastern Region Seaport And The South West Monopoly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by Alariiwo: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
GEJ built it and even more for them.. but in their dreams grin

The right questions should be.. What have the igbos in government since independence done to develop SE? Nothing
They just keep looting and looting.
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by devindevin2000: 12:03am On Nov 03, 2017
Cryptedjabs:

Get lost dunce, are you tired of quoting and liking your own post. Jobless troll, where is your new2020 and other miserable monikers. You deserve to be stoned to death for being shameless and senseless. Spits

The people in that picture you posted look Yorubaa, ask other tribes, they will tell you. Igbos don't look like that...we are not jet black or blue black color like South Sudanese or East western Kenyans, only Yorubaas look like that in Nigeria.

Picture below are South Sudanese with blue black color or jet black, they look like Yorubaas.

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by clevvermind(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Alariiwo:
GEJ built it and even more for them.. but in their dreams grin

The right questions should be.. What have the igbos in government since independence done to develop SE? Nothing
They just keep looting and looting.
IS THIS THE REASON?
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by omoiyamayor(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Stop writing out of mind,igboland is landlocked an I culd remember the first international flight to enugu was Ethiopian air arriving from Sao Paulo and 3ppl were cut with drugs.Do u blame FG for all of these?wise up man

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by omoiyamayor(m): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Godfather92:
My brother the matter cripples my imagination as a Youth honestly
free you imagination brof, the guy that write this just trying to play with ppl' head
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by omoiyamayor(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
orisa37:
To be citizens oriented, F.G should build at least ONE AIRPORT of International standard in each of our 36 States.
as amusement park abi,lagos airport is the largest I'm the country and I tell u by 12am no big deal again.let them build what ppl need.road rail and power.
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by victorvezx(m): 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
gidgiddy:

Why hasnt the North West got a Sea Port?

People should stop thinking that the SE is where Igbo land and starts and stops.

When the British were drawing the map of the Southern protectorate of Nigeria, they considered all of the Igbo speaking people of what is now Rivers state as Igbos. When the British were building Portharcourt wharf, they thought they were building it in Igbo land. Wether Ikwere are Igbos or not is not what Im going to get into.

However, this so called nonsense called South East should stop. There are Benue Igbos, there are Delta Igbos and there are Rivers Igbos.
Lol, land grabber. Biafra is dead and buried. The south east and igboland starts and ends in the the 5 south east states and there is nothing u can do about it
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by BabaRamota1980: 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
clevvermind:
I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. THOUGH I AM NOT AN IGBO PERSON, I JUST FEEL LIKE ASKING THIS QUESTION AS IT IS DISTURBING ME. IS SOUTH EAST NOT PART OF NIGERIA?

OP,
You are troublemaker, you just want to see me post their multi-purpose facility. grin grin

Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by Rotimik: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
clevvermind:
I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION. THOUGH I AM NOT AN IGBO PERSON, I JUST FEEL LIKE ASKING THIS QUESTION AS IT IS DISTURBING ME. IS SOUTH EAST NOT PART OF NIGERIA?

Answer

(1) Igboland is land locked

(2) Although there are ports in Delta and Rivers, the sea shore
are shallow and would require humongous sums of money
to dredge. This explains why investors (.concessionaires )
are avoiding them. Concessionaires actually developed the
Lagos ports.

Big ships started avoiding Onne and Port-Harcourt
seaports after the Lagos ports were dredged by investors.
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by Rotimik: 1:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
orisa37:
To be citizens oriented, F.G should build at least ONE AIRPORT of International standard in each of our 36 States.

Not when FG is borrowing to fund current budget.

It's up to the states governments.
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by Rotimik: 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
gidgiddy:

Why hasnt the North West got a Sea Port?

People should stop thinking that the SE is where Igbo land and starts and stops.

When the British were drawing the map of the Southern protectorate of Nigeria, they considered all of the Igbo speaking people of what is now Rivers state as Igbos. When the British were building Portharcourt wharf, they thought they were building it in Igbo land. Wether Ikwere are Igbos or not is not what Im going to get into.

However, this so called nonsense called South East should stop. There are Benue Igbos, there are Delta Igbos and there are Rivers Igbos.

Don't let an Ikwereman hear you o!
Re: Why Is It That Igbo Does Not Have Seaport And An International Airport. by orisa37: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
There are Roads in all the States.
The F.G has ordered the linking of all States Capitals by Rail to Abuja.
Airports are very important to States Capitals to enable free and classical movements of International Investors to and from States Capitals. With the conditions of safety on our roads, exploitative Police checkpoints, VIOs, Road Safety, incessant Mulim's roadblocks for Prayers, armed robbers etc, we should not expect a civilised Investor to travel by road from Lagos to Lokoja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: How Sultan Of Sokoto Clashed With Gov El-rufa’i, Mobilized Monarchs To Boy / 1999 Odi Massacre: The Bayelsa People Will Never Forgive Former President OBJ / Photos Of Crowd Waiting For The Arrival PMB @ Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.