Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) (33105 Views)

Adamu Atiku Abubakar At His Grandfather's Burial In Onitsha (Photo) / IPOB Sit-At-Home: No Movement In Aba, Umuahia, Ebonyi And Onitsha - Photos / Buhari, APC Begin Clampdown On Online Press - Online Publishers Association OPAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2017
activistjohnny:
arresting them won't solve issues here. even it will increase the productions of more bills.
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2017
We love ad hoc solutions in this country eh. Why not get to the root cause of this agitation in the south east, sit at the negotiating table and tackle it once and for all.
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2017
python1:
Everything related to fulani terrorists have not been properly tamed. That group of terrorists is just a congregation of donkeys.
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Alexus23: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2017
nonsobaba:
[s]I was interested in knowing who these two people are because I am always confident that Anambra indigenes don't do Ipod. And alas! I wasn't disappointed! Messrs CHUKWU and OKOLOJI! Two wawa lowlives who come from a state whose people are always envious of Anambra's dominance over them. Meanwhile, enugu state local government elections are set for tomorrow but you don't see them calling for boycott there because they are sure that PDP will rig itself to victory. Honestly, Anambra state needs to adopt the Donald Trump formula by building a very high wall on our border with these wawa and adada pests, to keep them away for good.

Anambra leads, others follow.[/s]
You are not from Anambra. Just keep your smelly gutter mouth out of igbo issues. Anufia. angry

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2017
What did these young and aspiring men do to warrant this from the gambari president when Fulani herdsmen who are the real terrorists are having a field day taking innocent people's lives?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2017
activistjohnny:
arresting them won't solve issues here. even it will increase the productions of more bills.

So, what should government have done besides arrest and prosecution?
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
This is uncalled for.

So what will you charge them with?

Common, don't say that you do not know what getting involved with a proscribed organisation imply. What happened to charges like sedition, unlawful association, treason, threat to public order etc.

Abi you think say na today government start??
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by tishbite41(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2017
Primebuilders:

Your bigotry is very high. So even among the IBO's some States are superior to others. I see the reason why the IBO's are not united.
Someone was saying that if this IPOB stuff were headed by an anambra man that it would have gain more support than this.
I was like are you kidding me. Do we have superior tribes in IBO/states in IBO land. You guys are ur own undoing
Na afonja u dey quote so. no b anambra man o. lol

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by chyke4(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Daniel2060:
Lemme park well cool
what an irony and a fallacy from this vision less govt
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by coloh: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2017
be an entrepreneur

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by gidgiddy: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2017
GavelSlam:

Accessories to the crime.

Printing a poster is now a crime?

Being members of an outlawed terrorist organisation.

I would like to see how the police prove they are IPOB members and not just mere printers

Distribution of paraphernalia associated with a terrorist organisation

Cannot hold up in court

Threatening the peaceful conduct of an election

This is not a crime against an election that is yet to hold

Colluding to create a separate state against the Nigerian constitution. Etc.

Create a separate state by printing a poster discouraging people to vote? Laughable

Their charge sheet go long like 3rd mainland bridge.

There is no case here.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by GavelSlam: 9:08am On Nov 03, 2017
gidgiddy:

Printing a poster is now a crime?

I would like to see how the police prove they are IPOB members and not just mere printers

Cannot hold up in court

This is not a crime against an election that is yet to hold

Create a separate state by printing a poster discouraging people to vote? Laughable

There is no case here.

Printing a poster for and on the behest of an outlawed terrorist group is illegal.

Since they were not forced or coerced into the printing one can easily say they are in cahoots with the organisation hence their membership.

The poster broadly says no election, no referendum which goes in support with the mantra of the outlawed organisation.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by kjhova(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
This is uncalled for.

So what will you charge them with?

Sedition. Printing of seditious materials on behalf of a proscribed terrorist group is serious crime and these two crack heads are gonners even if they haven't figured so yet.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Preciousnelly19: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2017
whateverkay:
Feed them to Aso Rock lions. Useless boys
As if you are better than him
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Preciousnelly19: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2017
kjhova:

Sedition. Printing of seditious materials on behalf of a proscribed terrorist group is serious crime and these two crack heads are gonners even if they haven't figured so yet.
Stop saying rubbish. IPOB is not a terrorist group and will never be. They are just fighting for freedom

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by BABANGBALI: 9:31am On Nov 03, 2017
activistjohnny:
tell us what should be done?i guess they should be left alone abi?
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Habyz(m): 9:33am On Nov 03, 2017
kn23h:
Wasn’t this nigga arrest for drug offenses last year?
Which of the niggers? undecided
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Naughtypenis1(m): 9:34am On Nov 03, 2017
nonsobaba:
I was interested in knowing who these two people are because I am always confident that Anambra indigenes don't do Ipod. And alas! I wasn't disappointed! Messrs CHUKWU and OKOLOJI! Two wawa lowlives who come from a state whose people are always envious of Anambra's dominance over them. Meanwhile, enugu state local government elections are set for tomorrow but you don't see them calling for boycott there because they are sure that PDP will rig itself to victory. Honestly, Anambra state needs to adopt the Donald Trump formula by building a very high wall on our border with these wawa and adada pests, to keep them away for good.

Anambra leads, others follow.
you have a very credible point here.... As much as I think they are both from Abia state
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by legendsilver(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2017
activistjohnny:
Catalonia comes to mind. The self proclaimed leader ran off just like his counterpart here. But the good thing about one is that we knew he ran to Belgium unlike the other that disappeared without trace grin
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Habyz(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2017
I'm not all that surprised

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by kjhova(m): 9:37am On Nov 03, 2017
kolexxy:
I don't support IPOB but I dont see any reason why the publishers should be arrested.
They are business men hustling for how to survives. #MyOpinion...Iyanu A Shele...

Go and set up a tailoring centre in Maiduguri and be sowing camouflage uniforms for Boko Haram fighters and Ansar Deen warriors and expect not to be dealt with ruthlessly by Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by AnanseK(m): 9:39am On Nov 03, 2017
Ayopredict:
.....but they only did d job given to them which is to print out handbills, just a simple business transaction undecided

You can also contract them to print money for you. What is illegal remains illegal. You cannot print inciting hand bills for a proscribed terrorist organization. Your lawless enclave need civilizing.
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Yyeske(m): 9:48am On Nov 03, 2017
Alexus23:

You are not from Anambra. Just keep your smelly gutter mouth out of igbo issues. Anufia. angry
He is from Uga living in Awka both in Anambra and you?
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Yyeske(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2017
tishbite41:
Na afonja u dey quote so. no b anambra man o. lol
Where are you from or do you think we'll all keep quiet and allow you guys from neighbouring states to come destroy the relative peace we've been enjoying for some time now and also destroy the preparation for our election in some days time? If you ain't too happy, Aba isn't far away, they love IPOB business very well.

Kudos to the Nigerian police
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by kjhova(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2017
Preciousnelly19:

Stop saying rubbish. IPOB is not a terrorist group and will never be. They are just fighting for freedom

You must not have heard this very apt saying before that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter".

Hamas and Hezbollah is most likely considered a terrorist organization by you as well as Israel and the USA however most Palestinians see them as freedom fighters. In between those two reference points is reality.

The government of Nigeria has declared IPOB a terrorist organization and has gazzetted same. Your personal opinion is therefore superceded by this now extant law. It is therefore your conviction versus the federal might of Nigeria's security services and may whatever deity your worship be with you through the assured travails to follow!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by NGELEBUBE: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2017
nonsobaba:
I was interested in knowing who these two people are because I am always confident that Anambra indigenes don't do Ipod. And alas! I wasn't disappointed! Messrs CHUKWU and OKOLOJI! Two wawa lowlives who come from a state whose people are always envious of Anambra's dominance over them. Meanwhile, enugu state local government elections are set for tomorrow but you don't see them calling for boycott there because they are sure that PDP will rig itself to victory. Honestly, Anambra state needs to adopt the Donald Trump formula by building a very high wall on our border with these wawa and adada pests, to keep them away for good.

Anambra leads, others follow.
you talk like a pregnant donkey....you reason from your anus!
quote me and die !!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Yyeske(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2017
GavelSlam:

Printing a poster for and on the behest of an outlawed terrorist group is illegal.

Since they were not forced or coerced into the printing one can easily say they are in cahoots with the organisation hence their membership.

The poster broadly says no election, no referendum which goes in support with the mantra of the outlawed organisation.
Tell the person you just quoted to head to Germany as we speak and print and distribute pro Nazi pamphlet, then he can come back and tell us what happened to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Yyeske(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Preciousnelly19:

Come out openly in the streets and say it
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Partnerbiz3: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2017
CoolAmbience:

Common, don't say that you do not know what getting involved with a proscribed organisation imply. What happened to charges like sedition, unlawful association, treason, threat to public order etc.

Abi you think say na today government start??
Who proscribed the organisation?
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by Yyeske(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2017
Partnerbiz3:
Who proscribed the organisation?
I did.
Re: Onitsha Publishers Arrested For Printing IPOB Handbills (photos) by BudeYahooCom: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2017
Babalegba:
In your dreams.Wake up,they will be charged with membership of a proscribed terrorist organisation, sedition, treason and breach of peace. They will be sentenced to twenty years with hard labour.In short they are fecked

Bla bla bla.... see him yoruba muslim ewedu mouth as if IPOB doesn't have lawyers and the Judge is going to be a daft one.
The 'terrorism' tag have been challenged in court and it will be subjucial to call them 'terrorists' in court.

Every other thing you wrote there is as useless as bowl of rotten ewedu. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Crowd Of Supporters Welcome Tinubu To Kano (Video) / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures) / Heads To Roll As President's Anti-Corruption War Kicks Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.