Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian (2244 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / The Illogical Logic Behind Prayers [Ramblings] / The Illogical Contradiction Of Watchtower And Governmnts Theology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If it is instinct how come children and babies are not scared of dying until they grow and taught so? Shouldn't be experienced from the very beginning? Is that not a sign that it was learned?
They are also scared, because dying almost always involves pain.

Babies don't know that touching fire is painful, but they don't know it until they tried it and instinctively know that it's harmful. When they also on the process of death, they aren't scared at first, but they will start to get sacred during the process of death isn't instant.

When I say scared of death in babies, I'm referring the pain since babies don't know what dying and death mean.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hati13:

They are also scared, because dying almost always involves pain.

Babies don't know that touching fire is painful, but they don't know it until they tried it and instinctively know that it's harmful. When they also on the process of death, they aren't scared at first, but they will start to get sacred during the process of death isn't instant.

When I say scared of death in babies, I'm referring the pain since babies don't know what dying and death mean.
I don't understand you. Is the fear of pain the same thing as the fear of death? If children fear pain and have no clue what death really is, how can that be described as the fear of death?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I don't understand you. Is the fear of pain the same thing as the fear of death? If children fear pain and have no clue what death really is, how can that be described as the fear of death?
Death and dying are 2 different things and I'm referring the latter. For example, during the the process of choking to death, you feel pain and I'm relating this pain with dying. Babies also feel pain during death (dying) and if they survived this, they then fear dying during the next time instinctively.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
If heaven is so lovely and good and the Christian is a true believer, and any cessation of his life takes him there, what sense then exists

I think you have over generalized and made a wrong conclusion in the process
1. Everyone is programmed to desire life (except when the soul is compromised through loss of HOPE does a person desire death)
2. Death and the Process of dying are different
i. A Christian should not fear death but will have apprehension for death because at death, your fate is sealed (like the apprehension one feels at getting the result of your exam even when you know you cannot fail)
ii. The Process of dying is usually not palatable. Traumas, Gasping, Pain, Sickness etc
No single human is programmed to accept it as a nice experience.
Apart from that, the passage of dying is an unknown journey and just like jumping from a plane in sky diving, only a few of us will love the "rush".

So, as a Christian:
1. Do I fear death? NO!
2. Do I want to die now? NO!
3. How would I prefer to die?
-Painless
-Probably in my sleep
4. If given a choice, would I want to know the day of my death in advance? YES!
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

I think you have over generalized and made a wrong conclusion in the process
1. Everyone is programmed to desire life (except when the soul is compromised through loss of HOPE does a person desire death)
2. Death and the Process of dying are different
i. A Christian should not fear death but will have apprehension for death because at death, your fate is sealed (like the apprehension one feels at getting the result of your exam even when you know you cannot fail)
ii. The Process of dying is usually not palatable. Traumas, Gasping, Pain, Sickness etc
No single human is programmed to accept it as a nice experience.
Apart from that, the passage of dying is an unknown journey and just like jumping from a plane in sky diving, only a few of us will love the "rush".

So, as a Christian:
1. Do I fear death? NO!
-Painless
-Probably in my sleep
4. If given a choice, would I want to know the day of my death in advance? YES!
But do you see dying now as a big problem considering your level in the faith?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 8:27am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But do you see dying now as a big problem considering your level in the faith?

You wrote about "Death" and not "Dying".
Are they the same?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:39am On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

You wrote about "Death" and not "Dying".
Are they the same?
When we say people are dying is that not the same thing as death?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
When we say people are dying is that not the same thing as death?
Sorry No.
Death is a State of not being physically alive
Dying is the Process that leads to death.

The process is an unknown Journey
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

Sorry No.
Death is a State of not being physically alive
Dying is the Process that leads to death.

The process is an unknown Journey
So when I say 'in Borno, people are dying like chicken' what do I mean? Semantically speaking, in English, dying could also mean death. What's even the past participle of death? And can we totally separate a thing from it's past tense or participle?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 8:54am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

So when I say 'in Borno, people are dying like chicken' what do I mean? Semantically speaking, in English, dying could also mean death. What's even the past participle of death? And can we totally separate a thing from it's past tense or participle?

Tell me which of these two are logically valid statements
1. I am dying
2. I have died
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

Tell me which of these two are logically valid statements
1. I am dying
2. I have died
They are both correct. One in the denotative or literal sense, the other in the connotative or metaphoric sense.

Tell me which of these statements is linguistically, semantically and illogical

1. 3 million people DIED of malaria in Nigeria.
2. In Nigeria, people are DYING of malaria.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
They are both correct. One in the denotative or literal sense, the other in the connotative or metaphoric sense.

Tell me which of these statements is linguistically, semantically and illogical

1. 3 million people DIED of malaria in Nigeria.
2. In Nigeria, people are DYING of malaria.

At least its good you understood that they mean different things depending on the context.

Just as yours, statements 1 and 2 mean different things.
The first is a conclusion of their state (Died, Dead)
The second is a process (which could be halted if appropriate measure are taken) that could lead to death.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

At least its good you understood that they mean different things depending on the context.

Just as yours, statements 1 and 2 mean different things.
The first is a conclusion of their state (Died, Dead)
The second is a process (which could be halted if appropriate measure are taken) that could lead to death.
Let's stop all these play upon words and address the point. The truth is, I don't think you honestly miss my point. Let's stop the pretence.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:41am On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Let's stop all these play upon words and address the point. The truth is, I don't think you honestly miss my point. Let's stop the pretence.
I think I have answered you
"
So, as a Christian:
1. Do I fear death? NO!
-Painless
-Probably in my sleep
4. If given a choice, would I want to know the day of my death in advance? YES!"

Would I want to know what will kill me? (Bokoharam, Old age, Illness, Bullet, Knife etc)
I dont want to know. Its the scary part!
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by NairalandSARS: 10:51am On Nov 07, 2017
LOL
Nairalandsars
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by NairalandSARS: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2017
LOL
¤ Nairalandsars
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

I think I have answered you
"
So, as a Christian:
1. Do I fear death? NO!
-Painless
-Probably in my sleep
4. If given a choice, would I want to know the day of my death in advance? YES!"

Would I want to know what will kill me? (Bokoharam, Old age, Illness, Bullet, Knife etc)
I dont want to know. Its the scary part!
I agree with your answer. The part I'm not comfortable with is the instinct part.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I agree with your answer. The part I'm not comfortable with is the instinct part.

In conclusion, a Christian who fears death is either ignorant or not really a Christian.
Every human being however is programmed to choose to avoid death by instinct. I dont know a single person who relishes the process of dying.

But it is also a very wrong generalization that Christians fear DEATH
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

In conclusion, a Christian who fears death is either ignorant or not really a Christian.
Every human being however is programmed to choose to avoid death by instinct. I dont know a single person who relishes the process of dying.

But it is also a very wrong generalization that Christians fear DEATH
Wrong generalization? I don't mean it to be a generalization but a doing of the majority. The majority are too scared that it affects their overall sense of justice and goodness.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Wrong generalization? I don't mean it to be a generalization but a doing of the majority. The majority are too scared that it affects their overall sense of justice and goodness.

In that sense, you could be right. A sizable number of Christians by their actions could be said to be afraid of not only Dying but Death itself
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
shadeyinka:

In that sense, you could be right. A sizable number of Christians by their actions could be said to be afraid of not only Dying but Death itself
Could? Or is? The majority are scared and hide the fear within some created characteristics of homosapiens.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Could? Or is? The majority are scared and hide the fear within some created characteristics of homosapiens.
Could it be that you used to be scared of death when you were a Christian? Without a formal research and enquiry, the word could is appropraite
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But the fear of death and dying has nothing to do with sense of Justice and Goodness. It should actually promote it. What do you think?
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Could it be that you used to be scared of death when you were a Christian? Without a formal research and enquiry, the word could is appropraite
Yeah, you are right, without a formal research.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

But the fear of death and dying has nothing to do with sense of Justice and Goodness. It should actually promote it. What do you think?
You don't get it. There's a lot of evil because people, christians, who should be championing goodness are afraid of the consequences. They are afraid of dying or standing up for the truth. They know speaking the truth could lead to their demise and they don't do it. Nigeria is my reference point.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
You don't get it. There's a lot of evil because people, christians, who should be championing goodness are afraid of the consequences. They are afraid of dying or standing up for the truth. They know speaking the truth could lead to their demise and they don't do it. Nigeria is my reference point.

I think I understand your point of view. Christians refusing to stand up for the truth according to Gods standards.

Although, I still feel it isn't because of the fear of death and dying but
1. The fear of being disadvantaged
2. There is the fear of poverty
3. Fear of being mocked/shamed
4. Fear of being crucified. etc

In Nigeria, few people loose their life because of the gospel. But the four itemized above are grim realities every christian must face.

Jesus says if any man will follow Him, he must be prepared to loose his life, take up his cross daily and follow Him.

And of a truth, we Christians are afraid of carrying the cross daily in following Christ. I wish ministers preach more of this message than prosperity messages and motivational speeches wrapped up with scriptural verses.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

I think I understand your point of view. Christians refusing to stand up for the truth according to Gods standards.

Although, I still feel it isn't because of the fear of death and dying but
1. The fear of being disadvantaged
2. There is the fear of poverty
3. Fear of being mocked/shamed
4. Fear of being crucified. etc

In Nigeria, few people loose their life because of the gospel. But the four itemized above are grim realities every christian must face.

Jesus says if any man will follow Him, he must be prepared to loose his life, take up his cross daily and follow Him.
I think the collective reason is the fear of survival. They want to left alone to enjoy life. They are too afraid to say things the way they are to avoid anything that could lead to their demise.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I think the collective reason is the fear of survival. They want to left alone to enjoy life. They are too afraid to say things the way they are to avoid anything that could lead to their demise.
OK, if I take the word demise to mean pain and discomfort.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

OK, if I take the word demise to mean pain and discomfort.
Okay but think you pretend too much. I don't know why.
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by shadeyinka(m): 5:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Okay but think you pretend too much. I don't know why.
Up till now, I thought you were reasonable.
My mistake.

We needn't continue with this conversation
Re: The Illogical Fear Of Death By The Christian by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
shadeyinka:

Up till now, I thought you were reasonable.
My mistake.

We needn't continue with this conversation
Why? Because I said you know the truth but pretend you don't? Using dying and death like we've not seen both can be alike?

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHO IS HE? / Thou Shall Laugh / Can You Kill Your Son If God Tell You To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.