Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho (15637 Views)

Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone / 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by tomzee2(f): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2017
pls how do I root my canon c8
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2017
One cool reason why I root is to flash to the Android latest os.... currently in 8.1 on my Nokia 5
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Dearlord(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2017
...With due respect rooting ur device won't be a good idea.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by pat077: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2017
dessz:
after rooting download, xposed installer, greenify app, lucky patcher and root booster app, THANK ME LATER cool

the best part is greenify, use lucky patcher to unlock its donation package, then u will gain access to its best content......HIBERNATING SYSTEM APPS. I am broke and use a low ram phone yet greenify hibernates most of the system app and makes me use up to 70% of my ram. also makes my batt last 50% longer.most phones use just 40-30% of their total ram. so rooting is slick.bet9ja must favour me, I must buy a new phone grin
so, without rooting one can't use the greenify app
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2017
9jayes:

There's a way
Alright, please do you know of an easy App like KingRoot to root.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2017
pat077:
Yeah.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Sheun001:
which one is brick bawo again undecided
Bricking is when your phone is stucked in the Tecno image when you are switching on your Device, it won't switch on completely.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by dessz(m): 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
pat077:
u can use it without rooting but there are some features that only rooted phones can use.and those features are the real deal.e.g only rooted phones can use the "hibernate system apps" feature.

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Sheun001(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
Bricking is when your phone is stucked in the Tecno image when you are switching on your Device, it won't switch on completely.

so that's mean the phone's damaged already??
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by pat077: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
dessz:
u can use it without rooting but there are some features that only rooted phones can use.and those features are the real deal.e.g only rooted phones can use the "hibernate system apps" feature.
kindly. Like what features can I use without rooting my phone
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by dessz(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
pat077:
kindly. Like what features can I use without rooting my phone
just automated hibernation of non system apps.that means when ur screen goes off it hibernates the running apps. u can also set it to show on ur notification screen so u can manually hibernate it whenever u want.e.g..

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by 9jayes: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
Alright, please do you know of an easy App like KingRoot to root.
Download TWRP
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
Sheun001:

so that's mean the phone's damaged already??
Yeah, the software of the phone is altered, so they need to wipe off the phone and put a compatible software which is what geeks call stock Rom

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
9jayes:

Download TWRP
and it will root my Android 6.0 successfully without connecting it to a system ?
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Marvel1206: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Thanks. Buh do you have any idea on how to root Android 7.0?
Have you tried kingroot? If it can't then I advise you leave it cos it is the easiest and safest. Framaroot is also an alternative but I don't have much details in regards to its compability with os 7.0
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by ROYH(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
and it will root my Android 6.0 successfully without connecting it to a system ?
9jayes:

Download TWRP

Answer the above question abeg
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Marvel1206: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
9jaDoc:

Please explain further
For example. If you try to access your system folder with an application like root browser and modify some files, you won't be able to cos it is locked. But if you're rooted, root browser will send a request to your root application, either kingroot or super user and you choose whether to accept or not. If you accept, all your system files will be visible, giving room for modification.

An application like iFont requires root access before it can change your default system font to your preferred choice.

An application like lucky patcher requires root access to carry out most of its functions which includes modification of apps, removal of license verification and Purchase simulation of some apps that require you to pay real money.

Most powerful apps require root access and the list goes on and on
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
9jayes:
Download TWRP
Is this the App

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
Marvel1206:

For example. If you try to access your system folder with an application like root browser and modify some files, you won't be able to cos it is locked. But if you're rooted, root browser will send a request to your root application, either kingroot or super user and you choose whether to accept or not. If you accept, all your system files will be visible, giving room for modification.

An application like iFont requires root access before it can change your default system font to your preferred choice.

An application like lucky patcher requires root access to carry out most of its functions which includes modification of apps, removal of license verification and Purchase simulation of some apps that require you to pay real money.

Most powerful apps require root access and the list goes on and on
can App like TWRP root my CamonC9 c9, it's Marshmallow 6.0
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Marvel1206: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
can App like TWRP root my CamonC9 c9, it's Marshmallow 6.0
Twrp-Team win recovery project is not a root application but a custom recovery that allows you to install custom roms on your phone. It however requires root access
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:51pm On Nov 05, 2017
Marvel1206:

Have you tried kingroot? If it can't then I advise you leave it cos it is the easiest and safest. Framaroot is also an alternative but I don't have much details in regards to its compability with os 7.0

Alright thank you. Yea i know of Kingroot and ive tried it on some lower Android versions in the past and worked out fine. Not just sure its gonn work on 7.0 cos ive heard people saying it doesn't work on it. Imma give it a trial anyways and see how it goes.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by abula112(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
A month old Leagoo m8 pro for sale in ibadan, Abeokuta or ijebu ode, upgraded to 7.1 resurrection remix Rom(camera and all functions working well), very neat, 2gb ram 16gb rom, with earpiece, charger and box. price is 32k negotiable. Call or whatsapp 08106813749 .

Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Marvel1206:

Twrp-Team win recovery project is not a root application but a custom recovery that allows you to install custom roms on your phone. It however requires root access
Alright, I get now. Do you know of any App that can root Android 6.0 without using the system... The one that roots like KingRoot
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Alright thank you. Yea i know of Kingroot and ive tried it on some lower Android versions in the past and worked out fine. Not just sure its gonn work on 7.0 cos ive heard people saying it doesn't work on it. Imma give it a trial anyways and see how it goes.
KingRoot won't work, it only works on Android 5.0 and below
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
KingRoot won't work, it only works on Android 5.0 and below

Hmmm okay bro thanks. I am actually reading an Article online now on how to root the phone (CX Air) and it takes quiet a lotta procedures and it involves using PC too. The PC to be used as discussed in the tutorial is a indows PC amd unfortunately i own an Apple PC which runs Apple OS. I have bookmarked the page on my phone browser now though. So whenever I'm ready to try it out, I'll just open the page and also download the things required too. Its a very explanatory tutorial and screenshots are included n it too. It should work out perfectly.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by sanerugwei: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
danjumakolo:
One cool reason why I root is to flash to the Android latest os.... currently in 8.1 on my Nokia 5
Cool stuff..
Can you give a step by step details of how you did that..
Thanks in advance
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by 9jayes: 1:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
you need system
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by sanerugwei: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
IAmFreeman:
Is this the App

Is this on playstore... Or where did you get these and how was is installed. How about the root access?
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by sanerugwei: 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Hmmm okay bro thanks. I am actually reading an Article online now on how to root the phone (CX Air) and it takes quiet a lotta procedures and it involves using PC too. The PC to be used as discussed in the tutorial is a indows PC amd unfortunately i own an Apple PC which runs Apple OS. I have bookmarked the page on my phone browser now though. So whenever I'm ready to try it out, I'll just open the page and also download the things required too. Its a very explanatory tutorial and screenshots are included n it too. It should work out perfectly.

Share the bookmarked page
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Marvel1206: 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

If it won't work, it won't. if it is going to, it will. No harm in trying
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
sanerugwei:

Share the bookmarked page

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidweblog.com/root-tecno-camon-cx-air-install-twrp-recovery/amp/

Thats the link to the page. Buh ensure the device is CX Air ooo.
Re: Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
sanerugwei:

Cool stuff..
Can you give a step by step details of how you did that..
Thanks in advance

You will need to
Root
Install custom recovery
Compile your own room from Google source or flash a custom room like lineage OS 8.1.

You can get all these files and steps from xda Dev...
If u are an advance user n good in Linux...then pull or fork there repositories from githup n Muppets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Launches Cheaper Calls To 30 Countries / Domestic Use Of Mobile Phones / How To Make Ram Of SD Card Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.