Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo (2496 Views)

I Will Beat You To Death Anywhere I Catch You –tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo / 17 Lawyers Conferred With SAN Awards, Keyamo Dropped / ASUU:Bullet Holes On Prof. Festus Iyayi’s Corpse: Murder Or Accident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo by lizfab(f): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
Popular Lagos lawyer, Mr. Festus Keyamo yesterday told an Ikeja High Court presided over by Justice Elfrada Williams-Dawodu that his wife, Irene cannot cook.

Keyamo who had last year instituted a divorce proceeding against his wife on the ground that their marriage had broken down irreparably told a bewildered court yesterday that his wife is absolutely irresponsible, foul mouthed, ill-tempered and cannot cook.

In the suit, he had also asked the court to separate the six years old wedding which was blessed with two children, but agreed that the wife should take custody of the children.

However, the wife, Irene in her cross-petition accused the husband of being tight fisted, philandering and grossly irresponsible, and prayed the court for a N20 million alimony from Keyamo.
The couple got married on May 15, 2004 in Benin City.

Narrating his ordeal before the court, Keyamo alleged that his wife severally harassed him at home and office, including barring him from his matrimonial home.

He said: “She is absolutely disrespectful, foul-mouthed and ill-tempered. I even had to greet in the morning. Worse still, she can’t even cook. Sometimes I had to make the food myself.”
Keyamo also denied the allegation made by his wife in her cross petition that he abandoned his children and that he was a wife beater. “I never abandoned my children. That is a wicked lie. My wife prevented me from seeing them to spite me. Despite that I continued to send her money for their upkeep. She said I battered her. That is also a blatant lie. I never laid my hands on her”
He recounted an incident when the wife prevented him from entering the house, after he had arrived late, despite repeated knocks at the door.
“I came and knocked at my door but my wife refused to open the door for me. I left in anger and my wife did not bother to look for me until after a month when she had finished the money for the house keep,” he said.

He also accused the wife of wild behaviour, stating an instance when she onced stabbed the four tyres of his Toyota Jeep, after assaulting him in the office.
The wife, Irene in her cross petition, had accused Keyamo of severally physically assaulting her and lacks respect for womanhood.

Keyamo, however, refuted the allegation and assured the court that he would not falter in his fatherly responsibility of taking care of the children.
“I proposed at the critical stage of their life (children), I might not give her the full custody of the children. In the event that she is married, I will get my children from her because I do not want them to grow under the tutelage of another man.”
Keyamo continues his testimony on 21 April, 2010.

Source: PM News.

Re: My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo by mamagee3(f): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
Poor dude. grin
Re: My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
Is he that poor, tot he is rich? lol grin grin
Re: My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo by Dominoifet(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
Na waoh them send that woman o to come trouble the guy. It is terrible. Well I hope d guy didn't call for it according to d womans allegation. I don't know what 2 say it is a terrible thing 2 happen to a man. Pele
Re: My Wife Cannot Cook- Festus Keyamo by hbabe(f): 4:32am On Mar 21, 2010
That's the problem with getting a divorce, everyone gets to hear the messy details of the couple's lives. At his level Festus Keyamo should have allowed a peaceful and quiet divorce instead of the public display of their dirty laundry.
BTW if his wife cannot cook he should have employed a cook!

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Photo: Lagos Female Robber Caught On CCTV Camera, Declared Wanted / What Is The Most Extreme Thing You've Done When Stoned/drunk/high? / When Last Did You Fight With Someone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.