Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,981 members, 7,952,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion (2166 Views)

What A Christian Saw On Hospital Bed Of Rich Atheist Friend Dying Of Lung Cancer / The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Do you have the courage to question your beliefs and worldview? Arguably, there is no stronger belief than one’s religion. What would it take for you to entertain the thought that you – and the other followers of your religion – could be wrong?

Many people will (hopefully… eventually) change their beliefs on a subject after enough contradictory evidence emerges. Why? Because sometimes the evidence is so solid and undeniable that it is easier to give up their belief or worldview than having to constantly generate excuses why the evidence is false.

Nothing in this world should be immune to scrutiny, and that includes religion.

These 26 atheist memes should, at the very least, open a discussion regarding the value of religion, the source of morality, and the existence of God.

*clears throat* Before you start bashing me, know that I'm not even an atheist.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/26-atheist-memes-will-make-reconsider-the-value-of-religion/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
interesting

2 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by purem(m): 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
I av som

4 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by obinna58(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ebuka's logic

KingEbukasBlog: The universe has a cause and its cause is its creator thereby Christianity is true cool

7 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Yeligray(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
purem:
I av som
the devil will be condemned his time is coming

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by purem(m): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Yeligray:
the devil will be condemned his time is coming

The time of devil is always komin

buh d truth is the time of religion is ending coz atheists are rising

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAYS... WHEN DID GOD SAY, HE WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAYS?

OP, ALL WHAT YOU LISTED ARE OPINIONS OF PEOPLE...GOD WILL REMAIN MYSTERIOUS TO US WHEN WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND GOD BY OURSELVES, OUR HEADS, MIND AND REASONING...

UNDERSTANDING OF GOD CAN ONLY COME FROM GOD HIMSELF, WHEN WE HUMBLE OURSELVES BEFORE HIM THEN WE WILL UNDERSTAND. HE WILL TEACH US HIS ETERNAL WAYS AND MAKE US WISE.HALLELUYAH!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
obinna58:
Ebuka's logic

KingEbukasBlog: The universe has a cause and its cause is its creator thereby Christianity is true cool

I was discussing with an atheist some weeks back and he said while this is how their argument goes:

Christian: The universe must've had a creator

what they actually want to say is:

Christian: The universe must've had a creator therefore Jesus died for your sins on the cross of Calvary lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Ranchhoddas: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Orange is the New Black... Love that show.
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by 1Sharon(f): 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Orange is the New Black...
Love that show.

It went downhill after season 2 undecided
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Ranchhoddas: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
1Sharon:

It went downhill after season 2 undecided
Really?
Not for me ooo. I enjoyed every part of it.

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAYS... WHEN DID GOD SAY, HE WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAYS?

OP, ALL WHAT YOU LISTED ARE OPINIONS OF PEOPLE...GOD WILL REMAIN MYSTERIOUS TO US WHEN WE TRY TO UNDERSTAND GOD BY OURSELVES, OUR HEADS, MIND AND REASONING...

UNDERSTANDING OF GOD CAN ONLY COME FROM GOD HIMSELF, WHEN WE HUMBLE OURSELVES BEFORE HIM THEN WE WILL UNDERSTAND. HE WILL TEACH US HIS ETERNAL WAYS AND MAKE US WISE.HALLELUYAH!
...And he can't spot the self-contradictions in his comment.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by 1Sharon(f): 12:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Really?

Not for me ooo.
I enjoyed every part of it.

Terrible endings so far sad I'm loosing my patience with the show
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by obinna58(m): 1:16am On Nov 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I was discussing with an atheists some weeks back and he said while this is how their argument goes

Christian: The universe must've had a creator

what they actually want to say is:

Christian: The universe must've had a creator therefore Jesus died for your sins on the cross of Calvary lol
Hehehe
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by JackBizzle: 6:25am On Nov 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

God works in mysterious ways..................mysteriously similar to random chance grin

3 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
...And he can't spot the self-contradictions in his comment.

PLS, SPOT IT FOR ME.
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2017
obinna58:
Ebuka's logic

Why do you atheists tell lies all the time ? Where have I said this ? Christian theism portrays best the nature of the creator - this is my view . Why do you lack common understanding? Just why ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55am On Nov 04, 2017
Atheism does not reject religion , there are religious atheists. Ignorant atheists at it again .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by dalaman: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2017
obinna58:
Ebuka's logic

grin grin. I just tire for them.

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by dalaman: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Why do you atheists tell lies all the time ? Where have I said this ? Christian theism portrays best the nature of the creator - this is my view . Why do you lack common understanding? Just why ?

Don't you believe that the creator of the universe is Jesus?

3 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by obinna58(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You view still have lot in common tongue
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Aegon(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2017
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD YESHUA (Jesus) DESCRIBE 'GOD'
...Yeshua is speaking privately here, to the apostle John. WOW
"Lift up your mind to comprehend the things I now speak to you.
And please share all this, with your spiritually endeavoring companions, who are from the sublime unalterable Race of Humanity.
The ONE is the supreme sovereign of all existing with nothing prior to IT.

He is more than a God. The ONE is the Father of ALL –
and Is the Invisible One that is over all – and …
who is imperishable.
He IS the pure Light ... that no eye can see.

You should not think of The One as a god; or like a God,
with aspects of ruling over, because it has no
‘rulership-Lord-Over’ associations, within Its loving self.
The One doesn’t exist within any Thing
which would be inferior to It …
since everything exists Only within, and By His mind.

He is Eternal - he does not need anything to be added.

The One is absolutely complete; and has never lacked anything…in order to be its sublime completeness.
It has always been absolutely Whole, in its infinite Pure Light.
It is Illimitable; since there is nothing to limit It.
It is unfathomable since there's nothing that can or will fathom It
It is immeasurable, since there is nothing to measure It.
It is unobservable since nothing Has, or can observe It...
in Its invisibility.
It’s eternal, existing eternally without boundaries-form.
It is Unutterable since nothing can comprehend it, or its being... to utter.
It is un-nameable, since there is nothing above it, to give It a name.
It’s the immeasurable light, pure, holy invisibly blazing everywhere.
It’s perfect in unutterable imperishability
And .. it is not a mere part of some perfection, perfectly expressed, or some blessedness - sublimely manifest,
nor of an individual Divinity, shining gloriously somewhere.
The One is infinitely invisible; Greater and Beyond all of these other lesser glories.
So it is not able to be measured or ever understood as we
can’t see Him.
He is neither corporeal or incorporeal.
Neither small nor large; is not expressed so we might say
it is ‘this much’ ...or say, it is ‘this type’.
No one can comprehend it...define It, describe it.
It is not one of the ‘Things of existence’;
It IS .. EXISTENCE It SELF ..
and gives it to all, as a sharing.
It is not some Thing to be described,
as ‘greater than this other here’.
Nothing is in its infinite space of being.
ALL things are located ‘in here’.
It 'IS' in Itself, its ALLness and is behind and beyond All
as It is not a part of the realm of this expressing,
nor of any sequence of time, or its ephemeral aspects.
For, all that is part of the world (or its expressing) was produced by some transient aspect, producing in an ordained personal
activity ‘for them’.
Time was never Its field or constraint, since it receives nothing then...from any one, at any moment. That’s an idea of borrowing
--it borrows nothing needs nothing .. from any one or any thing.
The One is inherent majestic generosity, as infinite Sharing,
In Itself.
So what shall I relate to you about the ineffable beingness
of the One?
The One is perfect silence. It is at Rest, infinitely As, In...and
Being clarified quietude, in imagining, pondering, planning.
It Conceives of all, as It is before everything .. giving us
ITS conceptions.
It is the Source of all dimensions – emanating and sustaining Everything anywhere - in Its graceful unending Service & Splendorous Generosity.
Yet we would never know about these things – these inexorable comprehensions – were it not for the fact, that The One sends messengers to us.. coming from, and speaking occasionally of the One Infinite Father, in their sharing with us.
Now the Perfect Complete ONE beholds Itself, in the Infinite shining Light that It emanates endlessly - as on the ‘surface of a Spring of Water,’ [consciousness] within and AS Its many forms of life - living in all the realms of existence, that IT shines forth into being, for our experiencing.
It loves its belov’ed reflections on the surface of this
“reflected conscious-imaging in pure light,”
and it fell in love with these individual luminous droplets,
its conscious individual portions in all of us-in you & me
(in all of Its infinite consciousness expressing) …and which, all surround the Infinite silent, formless, motionless One endlessly "as children around a father."
Now ‘The very ForeThought’ of The One, became the ‘Idea of Movement’ - as a Feminine Creator, congealing and birthing
all ideas for expression
(who was ALSO in the ‘Presence’ of the Infinite Father).
Now SHE Is the First Power of Manifestation.
She precedes & preceded every essence or thing, everywhere.
She came forth From and As the Father’s Mind, but...
As the ‘fore-Thought One of movement’- relating to All and Everything, for interaction to occur. Her moving Light resembles the Infinite invisible Light of Father, yet it IS As a ‘Shining’...forth
shedding visible light all over, for being seen.
She is the perfect Power. She is the Image Of and In .. the sublime Breath of moving Light – transcending, shining, rising, descending, expanding, contracting .. so that .. she is the
First Power – the constructing glory, as The Womb of Creativity – and She is the emerging Shining forth glory’ of Divine Ideation being made manifest everywhere.
She Is, AS… everything, everyone, everywhere - to express.
She is The ‘Manifest,’ the manifesting, moving & resting
And the ‘interactivity in All’.
She is praised and glorified in her children as our Pristine Breath, for She came forth from The One
as “Movement and Rest” everywhere.
She is the First Thought and the Moving Image (in mind
and out here).
She IS...Of and In the Breath - within and without.
Her BREATH is The omni-directional movement everywhere
in expression.
And as the universal Womb, SHE precedes every Thing.
She is the common Parent, in all humanity, as the
Holy Breath of you, so when you breathe you breathe her.
And she’s the androgynous One in the three names –
“Father-Mother-Child.”
And She is also the eternal realm of motion and rest,
for all invisible and visible beings (their resting place)
and SHE is the “realm of purposeful action,”
wherein all beings reside to experience all things, in her.
She asked for the five eternities of being. The One agreed.
She asked for: Love-Forethought, Foreknowledge,
Life Eternal, Truth and Imperishability.
She received them.
The One united into her moving-resting Love -Thought-Being,
projecting forth a ray as each of us, not as bright as Her - but each child of us, was a union of The One and The Mother -
As the infinite conscious One in stillness (who conceived of our usness, forever) and as the omnipresent Breath of movement, and creative activity--in all ‘interactive beingness’ everywhere.
Spoken by--
YESHUA
(adapted from Marvin Meyer’s translation)
from 'Christ's Mystic Secret Returns' -- at amazon & all over....
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by JackBizzle: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism does not reject religion , there are religious atheists. Ignorant atheists at it again .

It does reject religions that are centred on God, like your christianity.

Please sharrap and swerve.

No time for nonsense. wink

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

It does reject religions that are centred on God, like your christianity.

Please sharrap and swerve.

No time for nonsense. wink

There are christian atheists , there are Jewish atheists , there are Hindu atheists , there are Wiccan atheists etc. And these religions have deities as their central figures .

By the way , where do you people see 'religion' in the definition of atheism ?

2 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by JackBizzle: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are christian atheists , there are Jewish atheists , there are Hindu atheists , there are Wiccan atheists etc. And these religions have deities as their central figures .

There is nothing like christian atheist. How can there be christianity without God?

All these lies you tell will hurt you one day! shocked

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

There is nothing like christian atheist. How can there be christianity without God?

All these lies you tell will hurt you one day! shocked

Christianity is based on the life of Christ . If you don't see Christ as a deity but as a human like Confucius , you can have an atheistic stance on the religion .

You really don't have anything new to offer I can see that clearly .

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by JackBizzle: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Christianity is based on the life of Christ . If you don't see Christ as a deity but as a human like Confucius , you can have an atheistic stance on the religion .

The same Christ who prayed to and is the messenger of God (Yahweh)?

The same Christ that came to bring the message of God?

The same christ that taught about the pleasure of God's kingdom

So, ignoring the whole old testament that was without christ is now sensible in christianity?

=====================================

Kingebuka, you are a liar without shame

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by adepeter2027(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are [b]christian atheists,[/b]there are Jewish atheists , there are Hindu atheists , there are Wiccan atheists etc. And these religions have deities as their central figures .

@bold

Do you mean to say Christians who are now atheists (as in Ex-christians) or what?

Cos Ayam not understanding you ooo confused guru (C.G)

1 Like

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Mujtahida: 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

God, if there's one is the Unknown. Men have only put in concepts, ideas, practices, rituals, words to fill up the Unknown. Yet the unknown remains unknown. The ancient Greeks displayed deep perspecuity when they erected an altar to the 'Unknown God'. Paul in his sabi sabi came around and told them he got a revelation from the true God for them. If I were on Mars hill that day, I would have replied him in this words of Thomas Paine:Revelation is necessarily limited to the first communication-- after that it is only an account of something which that person says was a revelation made to him; and though he may find himself obliged to believe it, it can not be incumbent on me to believe it in the same manner; for it was not a revelation made to ME, and I have only his word for it that it was made to him.

But the Greeks ever thirsty after knowledge invited him to hear him out.

Anytime a man says he's got a revelation from God for man/men, that man only wants to play cha cha with the ignorance of men and ride on the fact that God is unknown. If God were to appear to me and reveal himself to me with a message to take that revelation to all men just as Paul and the rest of his ilk claim God did to them, I'd stoutly refuse. I'd say to him: Dear God, I am a man like other men and I'm sure you know that. I am also sure that since you are wise and powerful and found a way to reveal yourself to me, you can also reveal yourself to others.

If the above had been done by all the so called prophets and seers we would have been spared the thorough bull-shite that is religion. If all men can live physically by drawing breath directly by and for themselves, so also all men should live spiritually by drawing life (Jesus says he's the life) directly from God. All those talk about spiritual death is just to hoodwink us, it's religious jiggery-pokery, the quackery of spiritual charlatans and sleek salesmen hawking religious goods.

Man's ignorance is what he calls God. All his churches, mosques, scriptures, pilgrimages, hymns, prayers, rituals, ecclesiastical trappings, shrines, synagogues, temples etc are in one way or the other still nothing but altars to the unknown God.

2 Likes

Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by Nutase: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hmmmmm.......got me thinking??
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by dalaman: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Shut up and stop lying shamelessly. There is nothing like christian atheist. A christian is someone who believes in Jesus, his divinity and his message of salvation. Anybody that doesn't isn't a christian. How can you not see Jesus as a diety and still be a christian? Explain to me.
Re: 26 Atheist Pictures That Will Make You Reconsider The Value Of Religion by hopefulLandlord: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
dalaman:

Shut up and stop lying shamelessly. There is nothing like christian atheist. A christian is someone who believes in Jesus, his divinity and his message of salvation. Anybody that doesn't isn't a christian. How can you not see Jesus as a diety and still be a christian? Explain to me.

lol, haven't you observed Catholics are either Christians or not based on the agenda he wants to push?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Philippines President Calls God A Stupid Son Of A Bitch / Is Winners Chapel Constructing An Airstrip In Ota? / The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.