Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver (10641 Views)

Office Politics And Rat Race - A School As A Case Study / How Do I Deal With Office Politics? / 7 Proven Ways To Play Office Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Emvico34: 7:32am On Nov 05, 2017
Funbii:
Follow loot the money undecided undecided
na so' if u can't beat them, u join them
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by twilliamx(m): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2017
Try and get a spare part seller that will be bringing parts for u..
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Iseoluwani: 7:35am On Nov 05, 2017
Set him up, record his conversation

Take pics of his dealing, act like someone that watched 24hrs by keifer Sutherland (Jack Bauer)

If meticulously done within 2months he will be gotten

2 Likes

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by OlujobaSamuel: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2017
mistake or misconduct?
kindly state what it is, it might help on suggesting the best way to handle it. Dont let anyone blackmail you.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ivoryhouse(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2017
There are many reliable auto shops on Nairaland, go to cartalk section and engage one of them

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by sexy74(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,
I work as an account officer of an average size company, and part of my job is being responsible for the company's mobiles (vehicles, drivers, and day to day spendings)

Now the problem is one of the drivers has decided to take advantage of my ignorance on motor mechanicals to extort money from the company. This he does by constantly bringing different fault on the company vehicles he drives. The logic is he arrange with the mechanics we work with so they give him a share of every bill they give to the company as the alleged repair. (Meanwhile himself was a mechanic before turning driver)

It is a major issue because it is becoming unbecoming, for a company that find it difficult to spend let say 10k then the driver and mechanic constantly call like 50k for different repairs, then making me to look incapable of minimizing expenses.

Now to make matters worse, he is one of the oldest staff and well trusted that the last time someone try to bring up a dishonesty matter again him, the person was crucified (technically) by the 'owner' of the company.

I had bent quite a number of very stubborn subordinate in time past, but this one is giving me serious concern coupled with the fact that I made a mistake one time which he knows about.

Please what can I do
if i may ask hope the car in question is not too old and the constant repairs had to do with wear and tear?

if not,

First try and take statistics of the parts or complain he makes always, is it mechanical or electrical, then you check the intervals of replacing the parts.

Also check the frequency of repairs of other cars driven by other drivers.

When you have done that you then analyse based on the statistics you have.

Some issues can be raised after your findings
1) The parts being bought are not originals or fake
2) The mechanic is not competent of repairing that car well.
3) The driver is careless in the use of his the car he drives since its only his that has constant repairs.

You can still swap cars among the drivers you have to see if repairs on the car will be also very frequent if used by another s driver.

The company can also come up with a policy of rewarding the driver that has the least amount spent on the repairs of the car he or she drives.

2 Likes

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Jungleluv5: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,
I work as an account officer of an average size company, and part of my job is being responsible for the company's mobiles (vehicles, drivers, and day to day spendings)

Now the problem is one of the drivers has decided to take advantage of my ignorance on motor mechanicals to extort money from the company. This he does by constantly bringing different fault on the company vehicles he drives. The logic is he arrange with the mechanics we work with so they give him a share of every bill they give to the company as the alleged repair. (Meanwhile himself was a mechanic before turning driver)

It is a major issue because it is becoming unbecoming, for a company that find it difficult to spend let say 10k then the driver and mechanic constantly call like 50k for different repairs, then making me to look incapable of minimizing expenses.

Now to make matters worse, he is one of the oldest staff and well trusted that the last time someone try to bring up a dishonesty matter again him, the person was crucified (technically) by the 'owner' of the company.

I had bent quite a number of very stubborn subordinate in time past, but this one is giving me serious concern coupled with the fact that I made a mistake one time which he knows about.

Please what can I do
Yes I don't support such a thing, I am a driver too but too much of things is bad. Some drivers are notorious and making ur own mistakes is an avenue to get back at u. But what is your own mistake.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Chivasex: 7:53am On Nov 05, 2017
FIRE him
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ibkgab001: 7:54am On Nov 05, 2017
Do you know OSUN state ? Cone IJEDA and ask for baba aworo he will help you send sickness to him and won't come to work for 15 months by then the company will get another responsible driver to take over
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by fykes(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Few ways u can handle dis....as a project manager I often have to deal with such.
First...u have to upgrade ur knowledge . befriend a mechanic or a spare part dealer to get info.
Second..... Whenenevr a request comes in, call ur contact first to get an idea of repair work and needed parts and cross check it with his pricing.
Finally make deductions from his price and approve funds as ur contact advises.
If he challenges u, have ur contact supply d parts. U work more as an auditor...u must be bold and call bluffs esp. When u r correct.
My experience....u r d most hated guy in ur job.

2 Likes

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by fatymore(f): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2017
shocked
ibkgab001:
Do you know OSUN state ? Cone IJEDA and ask for baba aworo he will help you send sickness to him and won't come to work for 15 months by then the company will get another responsible driver to take over
shocked.haaa..if that person now turn to be your family nko...
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2017
Just report to the boss with facts and evidences,you never cannot judge whether that what he does or not,you might just be assumming...
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by joceey(m): 8:13am On Nov 05, 2017
The best way to catch a dishonest worker is to bring him closer...after discovering is antics and tricks with evidence then cut of his wings and bring him down.Takenote Pls if you bring another mechanics he will condemn his work since I was once a mechanic

3 Likes

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by wickyyolo: 8:14am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do

Change your Mechanic. Is as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by samsam2019: 8:15am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do
you said the owner trusts him and he's been there for long?

So male I ask, what exactly is your problem? You want to change the world? Huh? Trust me, you will be hung out dry. I've been there before.

Listen, you already said he has the trust of the owner, so I don't see any problem for you. And btw every expenditure should be well documented by you. In case anything pops up from your boss asking about spending you can simply just show him the list of spending a.

Don't put yourself in trouble ooo

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ashjay001(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do

Na ur money!

If e still dey pain, go do mechanic apprenticeship, after work!tongue
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ba7man(m): 8:15am On Nov 05, 2017
Hector09:
Bro but the money aint urs, allow him to extort money since the money is not urs
You must either be an irresponsible employee or a kid......or an irresponsible employee with a kid's mentality.

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by 2016easy2017: 8:16am On Nov 05, 2017
help nap this ugly beast and rapist

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by 2016easy2017: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2017
I've been in your field. trying by every means to stop corruption as a farm manager but the truth is that they always win at the end of the day. almost all the staffs are corrupt and the all conspire to send you off. the last time i resigned , i swore would be the last time i would ever ever work under ANYBODY.they will win eventually. so just resign and find what you can do your self. i can suggest 83 self employed jobs you can do to earn you over =N= 100,000 monthly

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by fellom(m): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2017
I get what you mean see we have them everywhere try the following let see if it works 1, always have another driver that can confirm and fault he reports about any of the cars! 2, get another mechanic to check the faulty car(s) and get repair estimate to compare price with that of your company drive! 3, locate a spare part seller around so that if he brings anyone with his normal 50k bill you can buy the parts on your own and pay the repairer for his service only its cheaper that way.
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by toprealman: 8:31am On Nov 05, 2017
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by toprealman: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do

That is the price the company
is paying for not having a coherent transport policy. Part of
which should cover vehicle maintenance regime. The driver
is feasting on this and will continue to do. You made
mistake once and maybe capitalised on the weak or non
existent company systems.... lol.
You guys are one and the same......hope you guys don't kill
the poor unsustainable "cow" you are ALL milking to death
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by sisisioge: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2017
This is very simple.

All you need to do is to create a time analysis on all drivers to the management and give a recommendation on everyone. Of course, his own is going to be too much. You can recommend that his car be grounded thus grounding his service. Or you could ask for a swap with another driver. Then watch how he burns himself in the shortest time possible so you can recommend an absolute grounding for him.

In all this time, try to remain cordial and ensure his spendings are well documented. The rule is to draw your friends close and your enemies closer cool

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Zenithpeak(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do

Set his greedy ass up.

Draw him closer, pretend you are in it together. Process his bills as soon as possible, ask for returns, cooperate with him in all his shady deals and get him relaxed with you, while you're gathering your data with valid evidences of whatever that transpired.

Seek the understanding of your lawyer, let him aware of the whole thing. If the company lawyer is approachable, seek his opinion about it......... Let him know that since he's a sacred cow from CEO's perspective you need concrete evidences to expose his greediness.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Cannonleo(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2017
My candid advice, do some research about vehicles especially if they are diesel based, get a company mechanic you can trust, inform your boss if need be and convince him
strategize with the mechanic on how to catch the driver in the act Plus if the driver refuses to use the mechanic. Tell your boss that you won't release anymore cash to the driver until he abides

Untimately get a spy
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by karzyharsky(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2017
hw could you add one zero(0) to 10k and say na mistake .....allow him chop im own nah....may b na mistake him too dey make

1 Like

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Kobicove(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,

Please what can I do

Create a log book for each vehicle where a description of each repair done, the date and the cost thereof will be documented
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by alan333(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Defence is the best form of attacking nd if you do not get rid of the enemy,he will get rid of you.

Simplify!
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ibkgab001: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
fatymore:
shocked shocked.haaa..if that person now turn to be your family nko...

Let him or face the tune ... have read a book which says " wicked that men do"
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by osifred(m): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
officially complain to him and the owner of the company. If you didn't notice any change try a new mechanic.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
How important is the vehicle in daily operations. Your duties I guess is to let the books balance. Give him whatever he asks. It is none of your business. How often do you do meetings to balance accounts i.e profits and loss. since he is MD's paddy, let them sort it out between themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike / Inexpensive Ways To Celebrate Your Workers / All Work & No Play... 7 Steps To Achieve Work/life Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.