Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,104 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver (10639 Views)

Office Politics And Rat Race - A School As A Case Study / How Do I Deal With Office Politics? / 7 Proven Ways To Play Office Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Originalsly: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
onadana:
Some people sef. You made a mistake and he knows yet you are still complaining about him.He is well trusted by the company owner wetin come be your own.Am sure if you dey follow chop you won't disturb us this beautiful Sunday morning.
He already chopped..... his chop be mistake..... guess he did the same thing .The mechanic learned from him.....teacher complaining the student got too bright.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
Good day, i am a driver also i work with multi-national company, the best way to treat an issue like this like first swap all the drivers secondary make other drivers friends and the so called mechanic and thirdly asign little job to him.
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,
I work as an account officer of an average size company, and part of my job is being responsible for the company's mobiles (vehicles, drivers, and day to day spendings)

Now the problem is one of the drivers has decided to take advantage of my ignorance on motor mechanicals to extort money from the company. This he does by constantly bringing different fault on the company vehicles he drives. The logic is he arrange with the mechanics we work with so they give him a share of every bill they give to the company as the alleged repair. (Meanwhile himself was a mechanic before turning driver)

It is a major issue because it is becoming unbecoming, for a company that find it difficult to spend let say 10k then the driver and mechanic constantly call like 50k for different repairs, then making me to look incapable of minimizing expenses.

Now to make matters worse, he is one of the oldest staff and well trusted that the last time someone try to bring up a dishonesty matter again him, the person was crucified (technically) by the 'owner' of the company.

I had bent quite a number of very stubborn subordinate in time past, but this one is giving me serious concern coupled with the fact that I made a mistake one time which he knows about.

Please what can I do
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
DANGER!
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by sluk(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Make a proposal for the company to sell out the car and buy a new one, then make use of a company retainership to maintain the new car.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by ozoneymcm: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
healthproblemo:

The summary of it is,
I work as an account officer of an average size company, and part of my job is being responsible for the company's mobiles (vehicles, drivers, and day to day spendings)

Now the problem is one of the drivers has decided to take advantage of my ignorance on motor mechanicals to extort money from the company. This he does by constantly bringing different fault on the company vehicles he drives. The logic is he arrange with the mechanics we work with so they give him a share of every bill they give to the company as the alleged repair. (Meanwhile himself was a mechanic before turning driver)

It is a major issue because it is becoming unbecoming, for a company that find it difficult to spend let say 10k then the driver and mechanic constantly call like 50k for different repairs, then making me to look incapable of minimizing expenses.

Now to make matters worse, he is one of the oldest staff and well trusted that the last time someone try to bring up a dishonesty matter again him, the person was crucified (technically) by the 'owner' of the company.

I had bent quite a number of very stubborn subordinate in time past, but this one is giving me serious concern coupled with the fact that I made a mistake one time which he knows about.

Please what can I do
Until you share that mistake, you can't get a good advice
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by enemyofprogress: 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Is it your money?na wetin be your own?you better mind your business before they jazz you or even send hired killer to you.
Re: Office Politics: What Can I Do To A Greedy Company Driver by onadana: 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
Originalsly:
He already chopped..... his chop be mistake..... guess he did the same thing .The mechanic learned from him.....teacher complaining the student got too bright.

Don't mind him....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exxonmobil Workers Begin Three-day Warning Strike / Inexpensive Ways To Celebrate Your Workers / All Work & No Play... 7 Steps To Achieve Work/life Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.