Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,336 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

If You Are A Leader Or Would Be Leader This Is For You - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Are A Leader Or Would Be Leader This Is For You (420 Views)

5 Traits That Will Make Others See You As A Leader / How To Establish Yourself As A Leader / Is A Title Or A Position Needed To Be A Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Are A Leader Or Would Be Leader This Is For You by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Have you ever thought of why you have a team of 20 individuals and just 11 or 12 of them are committed to the course of the team?

It's exactly a year i shut down a team of media and publicity group i convened some 13 months back.

I had a very little experience about team work then, it bothered me to see some of those individuals who willingly volunteered to work for the success of the goals and objectives of the course taking their duty with levity and also snubbing and shying away from their responsibilities and meetings.

It really affected me psychologically and emotionally, i wanted everyone to participate actively towards this course. In the long run my strength was divided and the larger strength was channeled on getting the inactive members to participate. I FAILED!!

I later served in various teams and committees, which i gave my best to achieve the shared goals of the teams because i have already been through the headache of inactive members and i wouldn't want to be the same ache.

I have a message to every to be leaders and leaders, it's good to dream, it's better to act on the dream and its the best to successfully accomplish the dream.

Most times, most idea needs more than yourself to successfully achieve. You need people of like minds, don't be surprised when you successfully gathered the like minds and some of those individuals choose to ignore the messages of the group, refuse to pick your calls, refuse to participate in the activities of the team and fail to perform task given to them with no cogent reason.

Many of us including me feel we are bad leaders and probably feel we have a terrible skill in managing our team, but i dare to say nothing is wrong with your managerial skill. Jesus Christ was believed to be a perfect man yet Judas betrayed his trust and deviated from the goals of the 12 disciples, should we say his skill is lacking?

Myles Munroe and James Maxwell were arguably the best selling author on leadership but yet they still receive critics. We can't be perfect.

I failed and closed the Media and Publicity team because my attention was diverted from the goals and objectives of the group to the inactive members, I lost the focus and zeal to proceed that i was busy convincing people who were not going to change their minds.

I wouldn't want anyone to make the same mistake, whatever team you are leading and you have few individuals who are dormant, kindly try your best to find out why they are indolent, if you can proceed with the course without them kindly do and if their latent attitude pose a threat to your team kindly evict them.

Remember the word of Herbert Bayard Swope "I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time".

BEST REGARDS.[b]Have you ever thought of why you have a team of 20 individuals and just 11 or 12 of them are committed to the course of the team?

It's exactly a year i shut down a team of media and publicity group i convened some 13 months back.

I had a very little experience about team work then, it bothered me to see some of those individuals who willingly volunteered to work for the success of the goals and objectives of the course taking their duty with levity and also snubbing and shying away from their responsibilities and meetings.

It really affected me psychologically and emotionally, i wanted everyone to participate actively towards this course. In the long run my strength was divided and the larger strength was channeled on getting the inactive members to participate. I FAILED!!

I later served in various teams and committees, which i gave my best to achieve the shared goals of the teams because i have already been through the headache of inactive members and i wouldn't want to be the same ache.

I have a message to every to be leaders and leaders, it's good to dream, it's better to act on the dream and its the best to successfully accomplish the dream.

Most times, most idea needs more than yourself to successfully achieve. You need people of like minds, don't be surprised when you successfully gathered the like minds and some of those individuals choose to ignore the messages of the group, refuse to pick your calls, refuse to participate in the activities of the team and fail to perform task given to them with no cogent reason.

Many of us including me feel we are bad leaders and probably feel we have a terrible skill in managing our team, but i dare to say nothing is wrong with your managerial skill. Jesus Christ was believed to be a perfect man yet Judas betrayed his trust and deviated from the goals of the 12 disciples, should we say his skill is lacking?

Myles Munroe and James Maxwell were arguably the best selling author on leadership but yet they still receive critics. We can't be perfect.

I failed and closed the Media and Publicity team because my attention was diverted from the goals and objectives of the group to the inactive members, I lost the focus and zeal to proceed that i was busy convincing people who were not going to change their minds.

I wouldn't want anyone to make the same mistake, whatever team you are leading and you have few individuals who are dormant, kindly try your best to find out why they are indolent, if you can proceed with the course without them kindly do and if their latent attitude pose a threat to your team kindly evict them.

Remember the word of Herbert Bayard Swope "I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time".

BEST REGARDS.[/b]Have you ever thought of why you have a team of 20 individuals and just 11 or 12 of them are committed to the course of the team?

BEST REGARDS.

Re: If You Are A Leader Or Would Be Leader This Is For You by greatnaija01: 11:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
pls ooooooooooooo summary o

(1) (Reply)

Access Quick Loan From 200,000 - 2.5 Million Now / Re:modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / Delft Global Masters Scholarships For Women 2018. APPLY NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.