Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:31 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4465069 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

Stop typing rubbish on and on. My question requires a simple yes or no answer.

Where the troops in Crimea russian or not?

Your question is misleading.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

It means there are always multiple procurements which go un-reported in the media. As such fraudulent sources like defenceweb.co.za cannot and should not be trusted.

The tender clearly states that on the 12 of August 2014, the nigerian military placed tenders for the additional supply of helicopters, armoured vehicles and 20,000 radios.
The are always small multiple contracts. Go to armscor's website right now,you'll tenders for rifle accessories,uniform,vehicle tyres etc.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

Those are proper military forces sorting out their Ammo, not photoshoped, not hollywood styled photos, but the reality of military life.

That is the sort of military I want to see, a military that fights, not a parade ground military or FLICKr or Instagram type SANDF.

Yes, they are somewhere in the jungle, so that the rest of the country can get the job of building and maintaining Africa's largest and most prosperous economy.

They are in the jungle, so that the President can inaugurate a 2 billion dollars methanol plant, as he did yesterday, and continues to do.

A proper military.

We don't use AK-47s.

A rag tag ineffective military. Your military does not fight, it flees and suffers defeat after defeat.

REMINDER: Your military offensive HAS ONLY MADE BH STRONGER

And yes, you use AK-47s - as confirmed by the photo in question.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

They rely on numbers, yet have built the world's second largest defence industry.

Pity that defence industry wont win them any battles.

Their stuff sells because it is cheap.

Its like saying McDonalds is good food because McDonalds sells more than a 5 star-restaurant.

Russian equipment is dogshit. Apart from missiles they have absolutely nothing that can compare to western equipment.

Hell, they are still trying to finish the PAK-FA allmost a decade after the F22 came out, and the US is about to release the F-35.

And dont get me started on their monkey tier amor, the T-72 is the biggest POS that has ever been called an MBT and the T-90 is nothing more than a T-72 with composite armor.

THE RUSSIANS ARE A GENERATION AND A HALF BEHIND!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 11:47am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

A rag tag ineffective military. Your military does not fight, it flees and suffers defeat after defeat.

if our military suffer defeat after defeat and the bh are getting stronger the whole north wuold have been captured.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

They rely on numbers, yet have built the world's second largest defence industry.
Because they don't have allies. That defence industry is big because it has to supply a military with massive numbers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
sirjerry: if our military suffer defeat after defeat and the bh are getting stronger the whole north wuold have been captured.

They are capturing town after town.

Nigeria now tops the world terror rankings

The girls are still missing.

Its pretty clear who is on the ascendancy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

All the vehicles are on show for all to see. It is left for the policy makers to buy according to their requirements.

The nigerian army is 130,000 strong, plus a reserve force of 30,000, so their is a large market to accommodate multiple defence providers.

IS THERE ANY PERSON IN THIS WORLD WITH A SOUND MIND WOULD EVER WANT TO WORK AS A RESERVIST TO THE NIGERIAN ARMY WHEN EVEN THE ACTUAL FULL TIME FORCE DO NOT GET PAID? I DONT BELIEVE NIGERIAN MILITARY HAS RESERVE FORCE, THEY JUST CANNOT AFFORD IT. THEIR RESERVE FORCE IS JUST IMAGINERY, THEY JUST THINK THEY HAVE BUT ON REAL TERMS THEY HAVE NONE.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Pity that defence industry wont win them any battles.

Their stuff sells because it is cheap.

Its like saying McDonalds is good food because McDonalds sells more than a 5 star-restaurant.

Russian equipment is dogshit. Apart from missiles they have absolutely nothing that can compare to western equipment.

Hell, they are still trying to finish the PAK-FA allmost a decade after the F22 came out, and the US is about to release the F-35.

And dont get me started on their monkey tier amor, the T-72 is the biggest POS that has ever been called an MBT and the T-90 is nothing more than a T-72 with composite armor.

A generation and half BEHIND WHO?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
sirjerry: A generation and half BEHIND WHO?

The west
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

"Ambush or trap" kinda questions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

They are capturing town after town.

Nigeria now tops the world terror rankings

The girls are still missing.

Its pretty clear who is on the ascendancy
TOWN AFTER TOWN? SURELY THOSE TOWN HAVE NAME.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2014
sirjerry: TOWN AFTER TOWN? SURELY THOSE TOWN HAVE NAME.

Are you also gonna ask if the girls have names?

Talk about selective reading. You get the point.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

The west
The west next year will be introducing the deadliest air to air missile,the ram-jet powered Meteor radar guided missiles. Why is Russia buying the Mistral class amphibious assault ship? From a western or NATO country.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Msauza:

IS THERE ANY PERSON IN THIS WORLD WITH A SOUND MIND WOULD EVER WANT TO WORK AS A RESERVIST TO THE NIGERIAN ARMY WHEN EVEN THE ACTUAL FULL TIME FORCE DO NOT GET PAID? I DONT BELIEVE NIGERIAN MILITARY HAS RESERVE FORCE, THEY JUST CANNOT AFFORD IT. THEIR RESERVE FORCE IS JUST IMAGINERY, THEY JUST THINK THEY HAVE BUT ON REAL TERMS THEY HAVE NONE.
AND YOU WILL KNOW THIS BECAUSE?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
CraigB:

Are you also gonna ask if the girls have names?

Talk about selective reading. You get the point.
NO.HE STATED CLEARLY THAT BH ARE CAPTURING TOWN AFTER TOWN I ONLY ASK HIM OF THOSE TOWN NAME.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
How long is the naai-gerian state of emergency now? Emergency has become the new normal in naai-geria. Boko haram emergency. Ebola emergency. Rubbish land, this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
sirjerry: NO.HE STATED CLEARLY THAT BH ARE CAPTURING TOWN AFTER TOWN I ONLY ASK HIM OF THOSE TOWN NAME.

The reports have been posted on this forum allready
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2014
sirjerry: NO.HE STATED CLEARLY THAT BH ARE CAPTURING TOWN AFTER TOWN I ONLY ASK HIM OF THOSE TOWN NAME.

And if he doesn't name the towns, that means what? That you aren't being shamed by boko haram?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

I am not hurt at all.

Because this is only your opinion. And I do not regard your opinion as relevant.

And finally, I have shown that at the very least the Cougar and Bushmaster are not as popular as the Casspir.

Whether you want to accept it or not, it doesn't change the fact that the Cougar and the Bushmaster are more reliable, better protected and the most popular brand of MRAP in the market.

It is not my opinion, it is fact.

In any case, my opinion = fact in many cases as I draw my arguments from facts available.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

There is nothing misleading in my question. It is as straight forward as they come.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2014
MikeZA: The are always small multiple contracts. Go to armscor's website right now,you'll tenders for rifle accessories,uniform,vehicle tyres etc.

Dude, an order for 60 Armoured vehicles and additional helicopters is not small by any account.

Your post = Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

Whether you want to accept it or not, it doesn't change the fact that the Cougar and the Bushmaster are more reliable, better protected and the most popular brand of MRAP in the market.

It is not my opinion, it is fact.

In any case, my opinion = fact in many cases as I draw my arguments from facts available.

THATS YOUR OPINION.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Ignorant post.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
MikeZA: Because they don't have allies. That defence industry is big because it has to supply a military with massive numbers.

Contradictory comments, which is it, or you and @patches are just as confused as they come.

Now relate this confused post to the comments you guys made on the MRAPs.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

The F-22 is so good, orders for the aircraft was cancelled and the Production line for the fighter closed.

The F-35, currently grounded and a 1 Trillion dollars "stealth" scam.

Yeah, right.

The T-90A is just as good as the German Leopard 2A tank.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

Dude, an order for 60 Armoured vehicles and additional helicopters is not small by any account.

Your post = Rubbish.
It is small order. The SANDF received armoured ambulances a month back. More than 96 people have been kidnapped today. Gone just like those innocent girls.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2014
Msauza:

IT SEEMS THAT YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF OBAMA THE PRESIDENT OF YOUR IMAGINERY REFUGE. GO AND READ HIS HISTORY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HIS CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIGHT AGAINST APARTHEID AND HOW MANDELA WAS ALWAYS HIS INSPIRATION. NIGERIA DID NOTHING OTHER THAN TAKING A PEN AND WRITTING A LONG BORING ESSAY OF WHAT WAS ALREADY KNOWN TO BOTH UK AND US.

[size=13pt] Obama did NOTHING personally to fight apartheid in South Africa. I have read his history, I voted for him, I am an American citizen.

I dare you to post Obama's history here to prove your fake claims.

I have Obasanjo's Nigerian letter warning Reagan and Thatcher directly against apartheid

Nigeria defeated apartheid by diplomatic war, your freedom fighters were wasting AK-47 bullets in the bush, they could not defeat SADF.

If Nigeria did not hide Thabo Mbeki inside a Nigerian house and feed him there, he would never have become South African President, one of your white-men's beach dogs would have eaten up the poor man at a picnic !

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
SOUTH AFRICA IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO MRAPS. WE TRANSFERED THE SKILL AND THE TECHNICAL KNOW HOW TO THE US, CHINA AND ISRAEL DURING THE HEY DAYS OF APARTHEID AND NOW WE TRANSFERING THAT VERY SKILL TO NIGERIA THROUGH SPRINGBOK COMPANY.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
MikeZA: It is small order. The SANDF received armoured ambulances a month back.

It is one of the many new and fresh secret orders, details unknown. Chinese MRAPS and American Spartan Mk III have been pouring in secretly into Nigerian army war zone. Nigeria has more armoured vehicles than South Africa today.

Ambulance? Nigerian soldiers have mobile battlefield armoured ambulances in war zone, our wounded soldiers get medical evacuation.

Contary to your false claims that we have no amubulance to save our wounded in battle, I prove your wrong cheesy

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/03/alvis-spartan-ambulance.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.