Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,399 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464921 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

You show me....and note that SA government according to President Zuma, does NOT state any numbers for Seleka deployment or casualties, all Seleka figures comes from very unreliable sources like that your fraudulent newspaper propaganda.

When Nigeria k.ills Boko Haram, we arrange and count their dead bodies like this....

Now show me how SANDF counted Seleka dead physically, stop quoting somebody somewhere...

MM we not barbarians.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
andrewza:

No that is the FLIR it the same spot on the other AT42 FLIR.

[img]http://digilander.libero.it/en_mezzi_militari/html/aerei/alenia-atr42-01.jpg[/img]

The above photo is NOT Nigerian, see NAF ATR-42 ISR MPA photo below and show me FLIR anywhere on it cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

The above photo is NOT Nigerian, see NAF ATR-42 ISR MPA photo below and show me FLIR anywhere on it cheesy cheesy

did I say it was, I was showing the locastion of the FLIR
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
andrewza:

MM we not barbarians.

Yes, you are serial liars instead
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
andrewza:

did I say it was, I was showing the locastion of the FLIR

Dude, I have told you that South Africa is lost behind America/Europe in modern technology, NAF Beechcraft and ATR-42 can have FLIR you don't see, becasue some are retractable, visible now when being used, invisible later when retracted after use.

http://www.northeast-engineering.com/Products/FLIR_Installations/FLIR_Installations.htm

You don't see FLIR on NAF Beechcraft 350ER means it is fixed where you are not able to see it.....and you are no aviation expert. So leave this engineering topic.

NAF has Beechcraft 350ER proved, Fact !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Dude, I have told you that South Africa is lost behind America/Europe in modern technology, NAF Beechcraft and ATR-42 can have FLIR you don't see, becasue some are retractable, visible now when being used, invisible later when retracted after use.

http://www.northeast-engineering.com/Products/FLIR_Installations/FLIR_Installations.htm

You don't see FLIR on NAF Beechcraft 350ER means it is fixed where you are not able to see it.....and you are no aviation expert. So leave this engineering topic.

NAF has Beechcraft 350ER proved, Fact !

I showed where the ATR42 and 350ER put there FLIR including yours.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
patches689:

We defeated M23 alongside Tanzania

M23 was no where near a dead horse. They were stronger than ever - before they met us.
Colonel Makenga prepared them,rebel officers attended classes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

A-Darta 20km range is even worse than IRIS-T, you replace a better missile with a worse one, Fools cheesy

IRIS-T one missile per Gripen jet cheesy

A-Darter in year 2020 after Ethiopia BVR missiles have k.illed all Gripen jets, your A-Darta will be used by South African Air Ways cheesy
we are talking about Nigeria here: Nigeria has 3 operational F-7NI jet armed with 20km PL-9C missile against 19 Gripens armed with deadly IRIS-T missile with a range of 25km. grin grin grin grin tongue tongue grin cheesy cheesy grin. No jet in the would will out manoeuvre the 100g manoeuvreable A-Darter. DEADLY.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2014
No need for long stories and debates. We all can see whose military is useless.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/24/boko-haram-caliphate-nige_n_5704653.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&ir=UK

Boko Haram Just Declared A 'Caliphate' In Nigeria, The Second One This Summer

Nigeria's Boko Haram have become the second Islamist militant group in just two months to declare a "caliphate", in a video message from its leader.

The news agency AFP obtained a video shot in the northeast Nigerian town of Gwoza, in Borno state, which shows leader Abubakar Shekau declaing a new caliphate, an Islamic state, in the city.

"Thanks be to Allah who gave victory to our brethren in Gwoza and made it part of the Islamic caliphate," Abubakar Shekau said in the 52-minute video, according to AFP. "By the grace of Allah we will not leave the town. We have come to stay."

Gwoza is now "nothing to do with Nigeria" he said. The group, designated a terror organisation by the US, control large chunks of territory in Borno state and some in the neighbouring Yobe state.

"By the grace of Allah we will not leave the town. We have come to stay," said Shekau, who has been designated a global terrorist by the United States and sanctioned by the UN Security Council.

The United Nations humanitarian office (OCHA) earlier this month confirmed reports that Gwoza was under rebel control.

[...]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Ethiopia Su-27 Flanker is not at the old level of MiG-23.

If two countries have frontlines facing each other in war, how do Gripens appear from behind Su-27, you take off from behind enemy lines or your air base is inside enemy territory?

Su-27 100km radar will not even let a Gripen maneuver behind it, and don't joke with Su-27 Flankers, the most maneuverable jets in the world, Gripen maneuverability is as bad as an F-7NI jet.

Ethios K.ill Southies in 1 hourcheesy
During combat jets can appear from nowhere undetected. How does manoeuvrability helps when the 5th GEN IR missiles can attack from front and behind the jet? Don't even compare the Gripen with the F-7NI.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

From next year. Just pray Nigeria's NAF won't decide to acquire a Su-35 Falnker with 180km range BVR missile.

SANDF is totally broke...no cash cheesy
what? Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

South Africa has NO A-Darta missile today cheesy

Must wait till year 2020.....SANDF is cash broke !
South Africa has A-Darter missiles if the need arise tomorrow. They can be operationalised within weeks. Open this link. www.sadefencereview2012.org/publications/publications.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Future hope is NOT reality.

Show us proof SANDF can do it, all your above comments are your personal dreams that have NO SINGLE citation or source proof cheesy
Citation provided: www.sadefencereview2012.org/publications/publications.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
patches689:

lol

we mobilized 11 000 men and moved them across the country in a couple of days

That shows how good we are, clown
How long did it take Nigeria to deploy a battalion to Mali? Agu is a clown.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

SANDF has NO Merlin missiles today. Nigeria too has Epe missile project under development. Both are still laboratory stuff. Not reality

There's no such thing called Epe,it is a myth. You want me to claim "South Africa too is in advanced stages of the development of the long range Torgos cruise missile"?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Same problem the Gripen will have. Do you think at all?
He stands no chance against the IRIS-T missile coupled with the Cobra HMD. Hell,missiles can be intercepted.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: we are talking about Nigeria here: .

No this thread topic is Who has the strongest military in Africa

Ethiopia, Algeria, Eritrea, etc are among African military forces
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: He stands no chance against the IRIS-T missile coupled with the Cobra HMD. Hell,missiles can be intercepted.

Poooooh, Ethiopia has year 2000 Su-27 jet BRV missile combat experience with jet vs jet k.ills, but South African Gripens have NEVER fired any missile against a pigeon since the day your purchased them. SAAF pilots are inexperienced bunch of rookies cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: There's no such thing called Epe,it is a myth. You want me to claim "South Africa too is in advanced stages of the development of the long range Torgos cruise missile"?

All South African missiles under development are myths until they enter service, your Carver jet fighter is one of them cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

No this thread topic is Who has the strongest military in Africa

Ethiopia, Algeria, Eritrea, etc are among African military forces

Has I have shown the BVRMs used by ethyopia strugeld to hit 1 mig21. Vs a gripen with it's far more advanced EW/ECM sytems and beter pilots than etria and ethypa I see SAAF comeing on top. Ethypian army is big but is close to a WW2 styl army and out dated.

Algeria could be listed the strogest but it's budget to solder rastio is below that of SA so I do wonder what they gave up.

In a source I posted not long ago I showed that the bigest reciver of our defence budget is J ops. The SANDF works very close together with it self.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Poooooh, Ethiopia has year 2000 Su-27 jet BRV missile combat experience with jet vs jet k.ills, but South African Gripens have NEVER fired any missile against a pigeon since the day your purchased them. SAAF pilots are inexperienced bunch of rookies cheesy

1 out of 24 hit and vs a mig21 SAAF killed many a mig 21 in it's day.

All so they where merc pilots.

Source was given.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: Citation provided: www.sadefencereview2012.org/publications/publications.htm

Wrong Citation. Mumu cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
andrewza:

Source was given.

Is this a mercenary? You don't know Ethiopian air force. They will wipe out all your SAAF Gripen jets that have ZERO combat experience cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: There's no such thing called Epe,it is a myth. You want me to claim "South Africa too is in advanced stages of the development of the long range Torgos cruise missile"?
citation needed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2014
patches689:

Nigerias Epe missile is a pretend project that will never become a reality
citation needed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: South Africa has A-Darter missiles if the need arise tomorrow. They can be operationalised within weeks. Open this link. www.sadefencereview2012.org/publications/publications.htm

A-Darter is scheduled to enter service in 2015, sources proved that on this forum many times. Now SANDF is broke, 2015 will become 2020 cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
patches689:

11,000 soldiers

You cant even get a battalion to Mali
sorry we've already done that, deployed more than a battalion and equipment
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
andrewza:

Source was given.

Ethiopian Su-27 Pilots shot down MiG-29 4th Generation jets of Eritrea
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: During combat jets can appear from nowhere undetected. How does manoeuvrability helps when the 5th GEN IR missiles can attack from front and behind the jet? Don't even compare the Gripen with the F-7NI.

South Africa has NO single BVR missile, Ethiopia has BVR. They will eat y.ou for dinner cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Ethiopian Su-27 Pilots shot down MiG-29 4th Generation jets of Eritrea

not with there BVRMs though witch of least 24 launches had 1 hit.

and since when is where ertian mig 29s 4gen
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
MikeZA: How long did it take Nigeria to deploy a battalion to Mali? Agu is a clown.
how long it took them did not matter, what matter is did they deploy by themselves or not.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2014
agaugust:

Is this a mercenary? You don't know Ethiopian air force. They will wipe out all your SAAF Gripen jets that have ZERO combat experience cheesy

just like all air force in Africa that employed mercs, not all pilots where mercs.

When the F15 went in to combat for the first time it had zero combat experience yet still won, same for the M1 tank that went in to combat for than 10 years after the first one was but.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.