Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4443620 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Coz your mods keep banning us... I was banned for not even making a comment.

We need South African mods here.... I suggest MikeZA
SAffers MoD's on NAIRALAND

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust: [size=14pt]

Can you name the 1,000 dead Seleka rebels?

[/size]
patches689:
Can you name the 50 dead South Africans?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ChukwuCantDie: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Centrifude: dudes don't take this ish too seriously man, in some way every person on this thread is full of Bullsh*t ... This thread wouldn't be as interesting If both sides tried keeping the sanity or being logical and it wouldn't have lasted this long.
There is nothing interesting about arguing with a bunch of 3 year olds in a mans body.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
ChukwuCantDie: There is nothing interesting about arguing with a bunch of 3 year olds in a mans body.
Ohhkay!... Whatever you say man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ThaVluit: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

Gulf of Guinea is NOT Nigeria, 350km from Lagos into the Atlantic ocean is what belongs to us.

If you are outside that Zone, we don't care, international maritime law gives the whole world the right to play around free ocean zones.

So, have fun with your scarce diesel fuel grin grin

It still should be looked after by "the regional giant", Nigeria. But the "regional giant" cannot even look after Maiguduri. So, brother SA will come help, ok? Why don't you have some more gari to celebrate the independence day?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

I do hope they do, Chad is a very dependable partner. However 3 MIG-29's and 2 SU-25's represents a very tiny fleet.

I believe they only ordered 2 C-27J's.
They're building.

Introducing "100" airframes overnight might lead to maintains issues in the near future. Similar to concerns people were raising about Nigeria,that after the war when funding will be redirected to "socio-economic needs".

Such as the rehabilitating process to follow the war in NE. The armed forces will have difficulties,Angola faced the same problems after the civil war.

Chad buying 2 C-27Js opens the door,for an follow on order. As they'll likely be retiring their antonovos.

Like the Egyptians and the C295.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

No, the link clearly states funding issues.

Broke SAAF.

You only got 10 Rooivalks.
Funding in the 90s? When SA ordered 28 Gripens?

In the 90s when SAAF had more than 40 fighter jets?

In 90s when SAAF had than 20 transport planes.

You can't put an argument,you're now resorting cheap claims.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

You need to check into a mental facility.

You frigates coming to namibia.
UP!!! To the west coast!!!!!.

While Nigeria is still struggling with pirates and terrorists,when you're done securing your land and waters. SA will be sending new SA built OPVs,consolidating our leadership.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mabhengu: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HIT AND RUN TACTICS......THEY LOST ANADA BIRD......AND THEY DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO IT....ARE U 4 REAL? I GUESS THE INTELLIGENTS WAS WAITING 4 GAS TO START EM GENERATORS AND DO THEIR JOBS

www.sabc.co.za/news/a/633e98004577a746b0f3b7c7c599c9eb/Nigeria-military-says-one-of-its-warplanes-missing-in-northeast-20141409

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

No it means, it is literally gathering dust in your parliament.
Didn't I just read some post where you said "that's a figure of speech".

Now you're using saying "literally gathering dust".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

No, the link clearly states funding issues.

Broke SAAF.

You only got 10 Rooivalks.
Funding in 90s? When SA ordered 26 Gripens?

In the 90s when SAAF has more than 40 fighter jets?

In 90s when SAAF had than 20 transport planes.

You can't put an argument,you're now resorting cheap claims.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sirjerry(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mabhengu: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HIT AND RUN TACTICS......THEY LOST ANADA BIRD......AND THEY DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO IT....ARE U 4 REAL? I GUESS THE INTELLIGENTS WAS WAITING 4 GAS TO START EM GENERATORS AND DO THEIR JOBS

www.sabc.co.za/news/a/633e98004577a746b0f3b7c7c599c9eb/Nigeria-military-says-one-of-its-warplanes-missing-in-northeast-20141409
Another bird?Reread your link again and see how stupid you are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Coz your mods keep banning us... I was banned for not even making a comment.

We need South African mods here.... I suggest MikeZA

The main MOD of this section (foreign affairs) is a South-African.

You got hit by the anti-spam bot. Not a mod.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence day my beloveth Naija.

#naija attitude

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Troop101: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
See nigerian airforce will receive 6 more MI 35s choppers soon. OK nice for your guys.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: UP!!! To the west coast!!!!!.

While Nigeria is still struggling with pirates and terrorists,when you're done securing your land and waters. SA will be sending new SA built OPVs,consolidating our leadership.

[size=13pt]

Nigerian army Struggling? Phone Hellfire ask 'Shekau' grin

Piracy, ask Angola how Nigeria saved her Greek ship while South Africa was too sluggard to realize it should have been patrolling it's SADC region.

USA/NATO/China used their super naval sea power to save Somalian waters from pirates, why did South Africa never move up there when it was terror days at sea? You avoided the hot zone for America and Europe to save.

Gulf of Guinea, why is South Africa just coming after Nigeria has received or ordered to almost receive 2 long range NNS Thunder class OPVs and 2 extended range NNS Centenary class stealth OPVs with the best sea search eagle sharp eye radar in the world, why did you wait for all this to happen?

Why did South Africa wait till Nigeria ordered 7 extra units of ATR-42 Surveyor to increase our super sea search fleet to 9 units of ATR-42 mighty ISR+MPA aircraft the most powerful anti-piracy fleet in Africa and makes NAF one of the best in the world for long range ocean security operations, why did you wait till now?

Why is South Africa just coming after Nigerian Navy launched and users new radar satellite that penetrates clouds to monitor the whole Gulf of Guinea and detect/track/intercept any pirates as we did to save Angola, why wait till Nigeria has spent almost $2 Billion to purchase and deploy sophisticated world class survellance and patrol equipment in the Gulf of Guinea before South African navy remembered that pirates are there?

Only one answer to all these 'Why's....

"Nigerian navy and NAF, we South African navy CANNOT do the hard job, since you have done the hard part, we just want to come and share a part of your glory, that is what we South Africans know how to do best."

- South African Nation

. [/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
GreenandGold: I'm back Henry, happy now?

Oga your problem, not mine.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

[size=13pt]

"RFI’s special envoy in Bangui spoke to a source who says he was present at the French military base near Bangui where he saw more than 50 body bags being loaded onto a Hercules C130 aircraft sent by Pretoria. He said other bodies were arriving as the 50 were being loaded on to the plane.

The source wishes to remain anonymous.

General Arda Hakouma, who led the Seleka rebel coalition operation to capture Bangui, insists more South Africans were among the soldiers he killed.

“What is certain, I personally, Chief of Staff, chief of operations, so I am the one who directed the battle, I saw 36 South African dead and 22 wounded. That’s for sure, and there were prisoners too, we handed them over to Fomac [The regional African peacekeeping force for CAR]," he said.

Sources in the Central African Republic government and security sector told RFI’s Cyril Bensimon that the South African Soldiers are fighting to protect mining and oil contracts signed by South African companies with CAR president François Bozize."

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20130404-witness-saw-over-50-bodybags-heading-south-africa-amid-allegations-involving-zumas-n

.[/size]

How come the French troops and their commanders confirmed that we only had 13 dead, if you lived in S.A you would know that its very hard to hide such things from the public.
If there had been 37 more dead soldiers their families would've came out and told the public, 37 dead soldiers would be almost impossible to hide, opposition parties are watching every move the ruling party makes.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

Oga Henry, the market for the Rafale may be some Arab countries with oil money in an ISIS threat zone.

Great jet fighter, I love it.....but the market is limited, hope France gets a buyer

I read the UAE and Kuwait are strong contenders. Asides the Indians, nothing concrete. The fighter has been in many failed bids, primarily because of it's high cost of flying.

It's an absolute fantastic fighter, but I don't think it would have a lot of market success. #High cost.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
MikeZA: Didn't I just read some post where you said "that's a figure of speech".

Now you're using saying "literally gathering dust".

That's because it's a different post.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

[size=13pt]

Piracy, ask Angola how Nigeria saved her Greek ship while South Africa was too sluggard to realize it should have been patrolling it's SADC region.

USA/NATO/China used their super naval sea power to save Somalian waters from pirates, why did South Africa never move up there when it was terror days at sea? You avoided the hot zone for America and Europe to save.

Gulf of Guinea, why is South Africa just coming after Nigeria has received or ordered to almost receive 2 long range NNS Thunder class OPVs and 2 extended range NNS Centenary class stealth OPVs with the best sea search eagle sharp eye radar in the world, why did you wait for all this to happen?

Why did South Africa wait till Nigeria ordered 7 extra units of ATR-42 Surveyor to increase our super sea search fleet to 9 units of ATR-42 mighty ISR+MPA aircraft the most powerful anti-piracy fleet in Africa and makes NAF one of the best in the world for long range ocean security operations, why did you wait till now?

Why is South Africa just coming after Nigerian Navy launched and users new radar satellite that penetrates clouds to monitor the whole Gulf of Guinea and detect/track/intercept any pirates as we did to save Angola, why wait till Nigeria has spent almost $2 Billion to purchase and deploy sophisticated world class survellance and patrol equipment in the Gulf of Guinea before South African navy remembered that pirates are there?

"Nigerian navy and NAF, we South African navy CANNOT do the hard job, since you have done the hard part, we just want to come and share a part of your glory, that is what we South Africans know how to do best"
- South African Nation

. [/size]

In the end of the day we are deploying to patrol your region

and you do not have the capacity to patrol ours
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

[size=13pt]

"Nigerian navy and NAF, we South African navy CANNOT do the hard job, since you have done the hard part, we just want to come and share a part of your glory, that is what we South Africans know how to do best"
- South African Nation

. [/size]
Hahahaha Nigeria is struggling!!!!!!

I'll ask you again: 1.who's "Shekau"? 2. What's "shekau"? 3. Is BH naming its leaders "Shekau"?

Your military went from COIN to Semi-conventional warfare with those poor funded littel devils.

The Nigerian military failed to contain BH,to being "ghost in the bushes".

SA IS COMING UP!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
Henry120:

That's because it's a different post.
Contradiction.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 6:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
The real question that we should be asking here is that, how many soldiers has Nigeria lost to Boko-Haram, since one out side Nigeria know how many, because your army only releases the number B.H fighters killed, what are they hiding, why do civilians and the soldiers say one thing, and then Government official come and deny it.

@agaugust & Henry120 Since you guys know everything, why don't you enlighten us and tell us how many soldiers you've lost in the past 5 years? And please don't give us your personal estimations give us proper numbers and Proof.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

In the end of the day we are deploying to patrol your region

and you do not have the capacity to patrol ours

Bwhahaha grin

Nigerian navy has capacity to patrol the waters of both South Africa and Egypt at the same time.

In the whole of Africa, only the Nigerian navy has blue water warships that has the range sail completely around the whole continent if Africa without stopping anywhere to refuel, the two ships are NNS Thunder and NNS Okpabana. South African navy Valour frigates CANNOT match those two NN OPVs of Nigeria, SAN frigates will run dry of fuel in Gulf of Guinea and you will soon be begging Nigeria for help.

What you buffoons don't know is that your Valour frigates have fuel to only reach West Africa and return home WITHOUT DOING ANY CIRCULAR PATROL because if your shiny warships try that patrol, they will run out of diesel in Gulf of Guinea and start begging Nigeria for free 50 Litre jerry cans of diesel to go back home.

I am still waiting to see the miracle South African navy will use to patrol West Africa when NONE of her warships or submarines has enough range to travel to up west and return home south without begging for fuel along the journey.....Fake force projection in action....I am waiting for my time to laugh.....South African navy, come up to West Africa I dare you! Na area boys black jerry can we go take dash you fuel and we go put groundnut oil mix am, all ya ship engine go knock for wharf Tin Can at Apapa grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

Bwhahaha grin

Nigerian navy has capacity to patrol the waters of both South Africa and Egypt at the same time.

In the whole of Africa, only the Nigerian navy has blue water warships that has the range sail completely around the whole continent if Africa without stopping anywhere to refuel, the two ships are NNS Thunder and NNS Okpabana. South African navy Valour frigates CANNOT match those two NN OPVs of Nigeria, SAN frigates will run dry of fuel in Gulf of Guinea and you will soon be begging Nigeria for help.

What you buffoons don't know is that your Valour frigates have fuel to only reach West Africa and return home WITHOUT DOING ANY CIRCULAR PATROL because if your shiny warships try that patrol, they will run out of diesel in Gulf of Guinea and start begging Nigeria for free 50 Litre jerry cans of diesel to go back home.

I am still waiting to see the miracle South African navy will use to patrol West Africa when NONE of her warships or submarines has enough range to travel to up west and return home south without begging for fuel along the journey.....Fake force projection in action....I am waiting for my time to laugh.....South African navy, come up to West Africa I dare you! Na area boys black jerry can we go take dash you fuel and we go put groundnut oil mix am, all ya ship engine go knock for wharf Tin Can at Apapa grin grin grin

cool story

but tell me

Is it South African warships that will be patrolling your region

Or

Is it Nigerian warships (sorry - customs boats) that will be patrolling ours
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
agaugust:

Distance between Lagos and Cape Town: 2955.28 miles
Valour Class range: 8,000 miles

We can sail to Lagos and back, and have 2000 miles to spare... with one tank of fuel

(((((BOOM))))))
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
patches689:

Distance between Lagos and Cape Town: 2955.28 miles
Valour Class range: 8,000 miles

(((((BOOM))))))
you forgot that u have to refuel dude.......
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Time for Nigeria to take their SBS and SF units for real training in Zimbabwe.

But we know,almost all of them will fail the selection course.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
PrinxArthur1: you forgot that u have to refuel dude.......

patches689:

We can sail to Lagos and back, and have 2000 miles to spare... with one tank of fuel
(((((BOOM))))))

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.