Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4467491 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Henry120:

Are you drunk? Link has been provided.

https://beegeagle./2013/12/03/nigerian-air-force-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor-naf-931-now-a-more-advanced-special-mission-aircraft-undergoes-elint-upgrade-world-exclusive-photo/
This is your link? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bumble bee blog? grin grin grin grin He doesn't know much about aircraft.

Provide a real link not blogs!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:

Provide links showing the delivery of NAF MI-24V Helicopter 2014/15 deliveries to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Henry120:

Provide links showing the delivery of NAF MI-24V Helicopter 2014/15 deliveries to Nigeria.
Being well informed doesn't equate to being knowledgeable.

And this is the case with bumble!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

No he doesn't. All the same ... greetings fellow Nigerians! cool cool cool

Shaun sir!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Let me give you Nigerians here free education to show off to your friends in bumble bee!

The ZA about execu..te Nigerians and their bumble bee master.

I'll show you a few examples of how your master isn't that well knowledgeable about aircraft.

@Henry120, @Agaugast and other

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
FighterPilot:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_Air_Force

Just look what is under electronic warfare

We are using Orynx EW and C-47TP

Dude, you quoting Wikipedia ! Find another source of information.

EW is NOT same as ISTAR.

Show us South Arlfrican Oryx and C-47P photos of RADOME and Dakota FLIR , then show us ELINT-DOME on both aircraft, then show us the cabin loaded with integrated multiple computer data processing consoles...like we have shown you those of Nigerian air force again and again.

Show us all those stuff I listed above, show us in SAAF Oryx and C-47 P aircraft....your ancient flying cucumber tonguetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:

Photo has been posted, I posted British Royal air force Sentinel ISTAR aircraft with the ELINT DOME on top of the airframe and Henry posted Nigerian air force ATR-42 aircraft with similar ISTAR ELINT-dome, now you show us photos of ELINT dome in South African air force....show us...okay you don't have it tonguetongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Being well informed doesn't equate to being knowledgeable.

And this is the case with bumble!

Source for ELINT compliant ATR-42 in NAF service provided. It now your turn to provide proof of NAF MI-24 2015 deliveries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
The Spam-Bot on this Section is Brutal as hell.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
Link ZA

It is now mandatory for all SANDF communications equipment to be Link ZA compliant.

Link ZA, which cost "tens of millions of rand" to develop, is owned by the SA National Defence Force.

For the artillery, it has brought down the time from when an observer spots a target to when the first round is fired at it from six to 10 minutes to just 90 seconds. "You can just about hit a moving truck," says Hanley.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-6184/

I'm not going to reply to any mentions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
First one about the ATR-42MP

Here I'll point out contradiction your master makes which leads to your confusions.

Bumble bee article reads:

SPOTLIGHT ON NIGERIAN SPECIAL MISSION AIRCRAFT: THE ALENIA ATR 42-500 MPA SURVEYOR.

1. The ATR 42 MP is fitted with the latest Advanced Tactical Observation System (ATOS), and an open and modular integrated mission management system,in order to fulfill its primary roles of vessel search, identification and surveillance,maritime and coastal surveillance, search and rescue (SAR), and pollution detection.

A. Note the part I bolded, you'll see how he later in this article contradicts himself!

2. It can load the wide spectrum of equipment required to conduct missions such as radar, FLIR, TV camera,Electronic Support Measures(ESM),Communications and Navigation systems. In addition, bubble panoramic windows have been provided to the Surveyor for optimal visual observation of the environment.

B. He wrote that later in his article. Remember this is the ATR-42MP surveyor.

Conclusion: The Selex ES ATOS of modular design includes radar(Seaspray), FLIR, computers, data link etc. To carry out its missions.

Here we see him "forgetting" the Nigerian ATR-42MP aircraft came with the ATOS. The lack of a defence industry or a strong procurement system Nigeria bought the whole thing off-the-shelf.

These are similar to the ones on the SAAF Super Lynx cause of SA defence industry, ours was modified various SA companies provided components like the FLIR, TDL etc.

The computers augubugbu has been telling us are "integrated computer blah blah" are part of the ATOS.

If the Nigerian ATR-42MP were upgraded means certain systems were added to the ATOS. Henry is still failing to provide evidence.

Augubugubu your "ATR-42MP ISTAR" uses the ATOS for that ISTAR role nothing more or special.

With FLIR, TV Cameras, Radar etc and a data link which are part of the ATOS it can send images/Information back to Abuja!

Source: https://beegeagle./2012/12/13/spotlight-on-nigerian-special-mission-aircraft-the-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Here's another contradiction.

I always laugh myself almost to death when someone shares a link to bumble bee.

Here:

1. Incorporating a Chinese AESA radar mounted on the Y-8F600 platform, the radar is reported to have a greater range than that of the PAF’s Saab 2000 Erieye AEW+C radar

A. Again note the bold part. Look at what he says next.

2. 3D rotodome airborne radar.

A. Does he know what AESA radar is? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Conclusion: Bumble bee is not that technically literate.

Source: https://beegeagle./2012/12/12/us70-million-shaanxi-zdk-03-karakoram-eagle-aewc-plane-photo-credit-and-report-paf-falcons/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Henry120:

Source for ELINT compliant ATR-42 in NAF service provided. It now your turn to provide proof of NAF MI-24 2015 deliveries.
There's nothing there!

Just a bunch of technical illiterate people speculating!

Provide us a link with specs!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
agaugust:

Photo has been posted, I posted British Royal air force Sentinel ISTAR aircraft with the ELINT DOME on top of the airframe and Henry posted Nigerian air force ATR-42 aircraft with similar ISTAR ELINT-dome, now you show us photos of ELINT dome in South African air force....show us...okay you don't have it tonguetongue
I've shown people in this thread that bumble bee doesn't know what he's talking about at times!

He's an unreliable source! As he's not that technically knowledgeable about weapon systems.

Provide us with a link stating ELINT upgrade was carried out on the aircraft.

I can say that dome is nothing but a structure to strengthen aircraft's fuselage.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
agaugust:

The "dome" on the Sentinel is an AESA radar.. grin grin grin grin grin

Not the lies your master was telling you about the AESA radar. grin grin grin grin grin

Remember what I taught you about angular radar coverage?

With that said: Can you now guess why is it has another radar dome like the one on the R-99B below it?

FREE EDUCATION.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:
First one about the ATR-42MP

Here I'll point out contradiction your master makes which leads to your confusions.

Bumble bee article reads:

SPOTLIGHT ON NIGERIAN SPECIAL MISSION AIRCRAFT: THE ALENIA ATR 42-500 MPA SURVEYOR.

1. The ATR 42 MP is fitted with the latest Advanced Tactical Observation System (ATOS), and an open and modular integrated mission management system,in order to fulfill its primary roles of vessel search, identification and surveillance,maritime and coastal surveillance, search and rescue (SAR), and pollution detection.

A. Note the part I bolded, you'll see how he later in this article contradicts himself!

2. It can load the wide spectrum of equipment required to conduct missions such as radar, FLIR, TV camera,Electronic Support Measures(ESM),Communications and Navigation systems. In addition, bubble panoramic windows have been provided to the Surveyor for optimal visual observation of the environment.

B. He wrote that later in his article. Remember this is the ATR-42MP surveyor.

Conclusion: The Selex ES ATOS of modular design includes radar(Seaspray), FLIR, computers, data link etc. To carry out its missions.

Here we see him "forgetting" the Nigerian ATR-42MP aircraft came with the ATOS. The lack of a defence industry or a strong procurement system Nigeria bought the whole thing off-the-shelf.

These are similar to the ones on the SAAF Super Lynx cause of SA defence industry, ours was modified various SA companies provided components like the FLIR, TDL etc.

The computers augubugbu has been telling us are "integrated computer blah blah" are part of the ATOS.

If the Nigerian ATR-42MP were upgraded means certain systems were added to the ATOS. Henry is still failing to provide evidence.

Augubugubu your "ATR-42MP ISTAR" uses the ATOS for that ISTAR role nothing more or special.

With FLIR, TV Cameras, Radar etc and a data link which are part of the ATOS it can send images/Information back to Abuja!

Source: https://beegeagle./2012/12/13/spotlight-on-nigerian-special-mission-aircraft-the-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor/

A lot of words yet so empty.

NAF ATR-42 is ELINT Compliant, this isn't even in question. operational successes operation zaman lafiya, distinguished success, konduga battles.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:
I've shown people in this thread that bumble bee doesn't know what he's talking about at times!

He's an unreliable source! As he's not that technically knowledgeable about weapon systems.

I can say that dome is nothing but a structure to strengthen aircraft's fuselage.

Source provided. Provide us with source of NAF MI-24v deliveries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
Henry120:

NAF ATR-42 is ELINT Compliant, this isn't even in question. operational successes operation zaman lafiya, distinguished success, konduga battles.
Don't talk about things you don't know. I told you many times!

With Selex ES ATOS it can do all those things nothing more or special.

"ELINT Compliant" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bumble bee terms?

Like augubugbu's "integrated compter bluh bluuh bluh"?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Henry120:

Source provided. Provide us with source of NAF MI-24v deliveries.

No source provided!!

Bumble bee is not technically literate as proven!

Being well informed doesn't mean a person is knowledgeable.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:

No source provided!!

Bumble bee is not technically literate as proven!

Being well informed doesn't mean a person is knowledgeable.

Provide a source man.

You said alot, and also said nothing at the same time. Provide a source.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 12, 2015
JLN115 this is Ukraine's Helicopter in the DRC you retarrd. You can clearly see the Ukrainian flag.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2015
agaugust:

[size=13pt]Wrong dude !

NAF does NOT use that base model ATR-42 MPA you posted, our own is the best variant in the world....ELINT DOME version for MPA + ISTAR combined.

Even NATO countries ATR-42 CANNOT match Nigerian version, we fly ATR-42 ELINT.

Sorry, you goofed like a usual olodo tonguetonguetongue
.[/size]

Citation needed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2015
Henry120:

Its true because he says so

Hahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:14am On Jun 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:

Complete Olodo, come to Nigeria for FREE EDUCATION, Soweto schools are shiiiiit grin grin

That's an ELINT dome for SATCOM, it enables ISTAR aircraft to operate ELINT capability, super electronic intelligence and network capability !

https://books.google.ca/books?id=4S3h8j_NEmkC&pg=PA441&lpg=PA441&dq=ELINT+dome&source=bl&ots=hJUuIVVXaW&sig=r2x4lGenTDkWOzjtvzmSVugVckc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBGoVChMIi9iay_eIxgIVyyyMCh34pA4S#v=onepage&q=ELINT%20dome&f=false

MikeCZAR you fumbled and wobbled by saying the Dome on top of the British Sentinal ISTAR aircraft is a radar !

No, it's a SATCOM ELINT dome you Soweto mugu !

Come into our Nigerian classroom now my boy, let Naija invest into your under-funded brain grin grin

"The modifications include a canoe-shaped radome under the forward fuselage to house the radar antenna, a radome on the upper fuselage to house the SATCOM antenna."

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/astor/

Another example below is from China...

"The GX-8 is believed to be an electronic intelligence (ELINT) gathering platform, mounting four distinctive elongated antennas on its fuselage. It also carries a prominent nose radar and SATCOM dome. At least three GX-8s are known to be in service with the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) North Sea Fleet's 2nd Air Division.

http://www.janes.com/article/44169/japan-intercepts-new-chinese-gx-8-elint-aircraft"

Mike CZAR and his fellow 50 million South Africans NEVER seen ELINT dome in their country's black-white-coloured history tongue tongue

Every South African citizen is eating the humble pie now, South African air force CANNOT afford to buy one ELINT aircraft like Nigeria tongue tongue

Nigerian ISTAR power equals world super power like Britain, China, America, etc . We play in that big league.

PHOTO 1 : Britain's air force ISTAR

PHOTO 2 : Nigeria's air force ISTAR power world class

PHOTO 3 : China's air force ISTAR

South Africa ranks with Burundi and Rwanda having ZERO of this great military capability tongue tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:44am On Jun 12, 2015
agaugust:

[s]
Complete Olodo, come to Nigeria for FREE EDUCATION, Soweto schools are shiiiiit grin grin

That's an ELINT dome for SATCOM, it enables ISTAR aircraft to operate ELINT capability, super electronic intelligence and network capability !

https://books.google.ca/books?id=4S3h8j_NEmkC&pg=PA441&lpg=PA441&dq=ELINT+dome&source=bl&ots=hJUuIVVXaW&sig=r2x4lGenTDkWOzjtvzmSVugVckc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBGoVChMIi9iay_eIxgIVyyyMCh34pA4S#v=onepage&q=ELINT%20dome&f=false

MikeCZAR you fumbled and wobbled by saying the Dome on top of the British Sentinal ISTAR aircraft is a radar !

Come into our Nigerian classroom now my boy, let Naija invest into your under-funded brain grin grin

"The modifications include a canoe-shaped radome under the forward fuselage to house the radar antenna, a radome on the upper fuselage to house the SATCOM antenna."

"The GX-8 is believed to be an electronic intelligence (ELINT) gathering platform, mounting four distinctive elongated antennas on its fuselage. It also carries a prominent nose radar and SATCOM dome. At least three GX-8s are known to be in service with the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) North Sea Fleet's 2nd Air Division.

http://www.janes.com/article/44169/japan-intercepts-new-chinese-gx-8-elint-aircraft"

Mike CZAR and his fellow 50 million South Africans NEVER seen ELINT dome in their country's black-white-coloured history tongue tongue

Every South African citizen is eating the humble pie now, South African air force CANNOT afford to buy one ELINT aircraft like Nigeria tongue tongue

Nigerian ISTAR power equals world super power like Britain, China, America, etc . We play in that big league.

South Africa ranks with Burundi and Rwanda having ZERO of this great military capability[/s] tongue tongue

1. I dont see any links confirming that your ATR has this
2. Gripen is ISTAR capable

Lolly lozy lol

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:48am On Jun 12, 2015
agaugust:

So you are saying that the ATR42MP (maritime patrol) has the same capacity as the platforms in the USAF and RAF?

Please tell me you are saying that

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:05am On Jun 12, 2015
Henry120:

Provide a source man.

You said alot, and also said nothing at the same time. Provide a source.
You can't provide a source!

Provide a link with specs and upgrades carried out not a blog with bunch of people speculating.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:07am On Jun 12, 2015
agaugust:

South Africa ranks with Burundi and Rwanda having ZERO of this great military capability tongue tongue

Because you say so?

Provide a source!

We don't wanna hear your conclusions as you don't even know what AESA radar is!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2015
Henry120:
JLN115 this is Ukraine's Helicopter in the DRC you retarrd. You can clearly see the Ukrainian flag.
They couldn't stop M23 from capturing Goma!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2015
FighterPilot:

So, is your beegeagle dreaming when they say this as highlighted below in italics:

I quote:

At this time, only Nigeria, South Africa and Angola
possess any ELINT capabilities across the said region

https://beegeagle./2014/04/15/both-nigerian-air-force-alenia-atr-42-500-mpa-surveyor-planes-now-elint-compliant/
a blog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Super Lynx radar range is 300km+.
mumu does radar equates ISTAR or ELINT

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.