Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,503 members, 7,847,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4456865 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
brother I even try to prove to them that they don't have enough to attack us and we won't attack them either but they want to prove what they are not.

They can't threaten us and we can't threaten them simple.

They are not better than us and we are not better than them.

Our focus is different from theirs, and that is why equipment are also different.

Finally we both have flaws in airforce and our navies.

No

We are simply better than you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pre-Deployment Training - SANDF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHgmNxWIBI

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
"WE FEAR NAUGHT BUT GOD" - South African Special Forces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQm50m7F8aY

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
testing doesn't mean u have it. U are still trying to have it.
What?? When did I say we have it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
Henry120:

Another "mokopa" you cannot afford!
Denel=Government , SANDF=Government , SANDF=Denel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
tell us if you have anything new in Your Navy.
4 Valour class Frigates, one of which has undergone a major refit!
3 Heroine class subs, one of which has undergone a major refit!
4 Westland Super Lynx Mk300

22 squadron also flies the Oryx, which have recently been upgraded under project drummer 2

We also received new landing craft this year!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Bartitsu: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
brother I even try to prove to them that they don't have enough to attack us and we won't attack them either but they want to prove what they are not.

They can't threaten us and we can't threaten them simple.

They are not better than us and we are not better than them.

Our focus is different from theirs, and that is why equipment are also different.

Finally we both have flaws in airforce and our navies.

Brother, maybe we ought to discuss our countries cooperating militarily. Imagine if we purchase arms from SA. Imagine if Nigeria was to engage in technology transfer with SA. I personally would be proud to see the Rooivalk flying with nigerian colors; blowing up some boko Harams. They have the technology and we potentially have the funds to make it happen.

Viva Africa!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
jl115:

Denel=Government , SANDF=Government , SANDF=Denel.

Do you and Patches689 sh1t out the parts used in making them?

Denel isn't equal the SANDF, as your pathetic incompetent force pays for whatever they get from Denel, just like every other buyer.

You cannot afford the mokopa because you are broke!

On the marlin, it is still on. Paper, you don't fire BVR missiles on paper, neither can you afford it.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 3:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Bartitsu:

Brother, maybe we ought to discuss our countries cooperating militarily. Imagine if we purchase arms from SA. Imagine if Nigeria was to engage in technology transfer with SA. I personally would be proud to see the Rooivalk flying with nigerian colors; blowing up some boko Harams. They have the technology and we potentially have the funds to make it happen.

Viva Africa!!!!!!!
seem u don't understand this people. We bought MRAPs from them just to show them love and promote there market as African what did we get from them. They claimed they were the 1s that crushed boko haram. And I stated wandering what Chad, Cameroon and Niger would say. Immediately we ask for there helicopter only God knows what will Happen. Russia that trained thousands of troops and sold several equipment to us didn't say a thing. This makes me wonder. Don't bother about their helicopter cos we are getting Apache soon.

Funding would soon start for DICON and we will Make things happen steadily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
Henry120:

Denel isn't equal the SANDF, as your pathetic incompetent force pays for whatever they get from Denel, just like every other buyer.

On the marlin, it is still on. Paper, you don't fire BVR missiles on paper, neither can you afford it.

How then do you explain the use of "Juliet Troop" of G6 howitzers at the Battle of Quito?

At the time it was not in SADF service
At the time it was not in SADF inventories
At the time the SADF had not paid a single cent for it

Yet, Denel provided an entire troop (6 guns) for the battle.

If Denel makes it, if Denel has it in its inventories, then the SANDF has access to it and can deploy it if needed.

This the benefit having a state owned Defence Industry

And no, since they are firing one in September the Marlin is not "just on paper".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Henry120:

1. If the SANDF need it they will get it for free, for example if a war breaks out.
2. The Marlin is going to be test fired next month, doesn't sound to me like its still on paper.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
seem u don't understand this people. We bought MRAPs from them just to show them love and promote there market as African what did we get from them. They claimed they were the 1s that crushed boko haram. And I stated wandering what Chad, Cameroon and Niger would say. Immediately we ask for there helicopter only God knows what will Happen. Russia that trained thousands of troops and sold several equipment to us didn't say a thing. This makes me wonder. Don't bother about their helicopter cos we are getting Apache soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
jl115:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will b the only 1 using you Merlin and auther
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Its been a busy day today at Simons town, thought id post these pics on this thread considering we don't use our Lynx helicopters with our Valours according to @Agaugust

Seem like SAS Spioenkop and SAS Manthatisi are going to conduct some ASW exercises, something Nigeria can only dream about.

P.S The rest of todays pic are on the other thread if anyone wishes to view them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
you will b the only 1 using you Merlin and auther
What?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
seem u don't understand this people. We bought MRAPs from them just to show them love and promote there market as African. Don't bother about their helicopter cos we are getting Apache soon.

This clearly shows you simply have no clue what you talking about.

You ain't getting any Apache's. Go read the Leahy Report, and what the US-Senate told Buhari when he went on he's American @Ass kissing holiday.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
DictatorZAR:

This clearly shows you simply have no clue what you talking about.

You ain't getting any Apache's. Go read the Leahy Report, and what the US-Senate told Buhari when he went on he's American @Ass kissing holiday.
I guess you are outdated. Pls confirm what happened after he came back.
US to sell 8 Apache to Nigeria for $500,000, 000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
iblawi:
Dude!! your not getting any Apache, get that threw your skull!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2015
jl115:

-Algeria isn't flying any Mi 28, they don't have any yet ,we have the Rooivalk mk1F,-They are also not flying any Super Lynx because they don't have any, we do!! - the Yak-130 isn't any more modern than our Hawk 120, neither is the Su30MK more modern than our Gripen - in my original post I said the T90 is more modern than our Olifant so I don't know what the problem is- Mokopa is more modern than the Kornet and the Ingwe isn't far behind- We have the Oerlikon 35mm GDF-007 AHEAD, starstreak, and in the near future the Umkhonto SAM,BTW the S-300 isn't that modern- They don't have any Valours or Tigr corvettes- Our Heroine class subs are more modern than their Kilo class- they are going to use the same Exocet missile on their Valours than the ones we are using.

We also have a much much better C4I2R capability than Algeria, Link za,C2,IMPI tracker ring a bell? we have more modern artillery, more modern infantry, and more modern APCs and IFVs.

We also have more modern helicopter fleet and more modern medium lift fleet

We have the widest radar coverage of any country in Africa

and as I said before we have a more modern defence force not more powerful

Algeria has ordered 42 units of Mi-28 Havoc, go see it on SIPRI, they have paid and awaiting delivery. Compare that to your 11 old Rooivalks.

Also, Algeria has ordered 6 units ofSuper Lynx ASW helicopters. Compare to your own 4 units.

Algerian Yak-130 is a modern 2010 jet that just entered service in Russia, your SAAF Hawks are 1995 twenty year old technology from Britain.

Su-30 MKA of Algeria is a special variant of year 2012 mix loaded with French made avionics, Southie nation is flying the basic 1995 old type Gripen jet with no upgrade.

Then Algeria has S-300 anti-aircraft missiles with about 200 km range, South Africa has NO SINGLE long range anti-aircraft missile, you carry hand/shoulder held MANPADS that fly max 1km altitude to kill pigeons !

Algerian navy Kilo submarines are two types, the basic kilo and the new improved Kilo on order, it beats your 1990s generation Heroine subs.

You want to compare Algeria's new armed landing ship with your obsolete SAS Drakensberg?

Their navy has ordered, paid and construction is far advanced for their superior MEKO and TIGER frigates that beat your obsolete combat suite Valour frigates that carry 1970s repainted guns, while your Exocet missiles are the old types with 78km range, the Algerians have the modern 180 km range Exocets.

Comparing South Africa's military to that of Algeria on a basis of who is more modern, is like comparing a Nokia 3310 and I-Phone 5.

Fool ! Stop this nonsense.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:08am On Aug 18, 2015
jl115:

HAHAHA OK

Built or assembled it doesn't matter, Denel Aviation supplies all the spare to maintain our Hawk fleet!

Show us proof that DENEL now supplies ALL....ALL spare parts for Hawk jets that you imported part by part, piece by piece, the entire CKD from Britain
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:21am On Aug 18, 2015
patches689:

1. Unlike Nigera, we have a navy. You do not.

2. Hawks are weaponized - they can deploy JDAMS (you only have 2 airplanes that can do that) and engage in air to air combat

3. 14 Trained pilots in 2013. Its now 2015.

4. 11 of the most advanced attack helicopters in Southern Africa.

5. Apart from 2 OPV's, the ATR-42 and 2 upgarded alpha jets (with a handfull of drones) there is absolutely nothing modern in your military. Certainly no where near as advanced as us.

South Africa stands head and shoulders above nigeria

1. You have an imbalanced and incomplete navy, NO aircraft at all and NO stealth IPV, MPV, OPV, no super speed ocean Interceptors.

2. Hawks have no radar, they need a Gripen to fly beside them to 'borrow' radar.

3. Just 6 Gripen pilots today.

4. Obsolescent Rooivalks, only 11 combat helicopters.....Nigeria has about 50 !

5. Many modern things Nigeria has that you dream of in South Africa, missile armed drones and man portable quad-copter night drones, they don't exist in your country.

May I add, Nigerian army has over 500 units of modern amphibious armoured vehicles that can cross a river for combat operations.....South African army is a dry land only army....obsolete and outdated for that reason alone
grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:29am On Aug 18, 2015
jl115:
Its been a busy day today at Simons town, thought id post these pics on this thread considering we don't use our Lynx helicopters with our Valours according to @Agaugust

I said the Lynx belong to your air force and are based on land at 22 squadron airbase, they only land on the ships occassionaly and NOT constantly as @Patches falsely claimed, reason why 95% of valour frigate photos show no helicopter on board.

You failed comprehension in school.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:34am On Aug 18, 2015
ssaengine:
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40322:denel-dynamics-to-test-marlin-bvr-missile-technology-in-september&catid=7:Industry&Itemid=116

Just for a slightly longer version....

"Denel Dynamics will conduct missile flight tests of its new Marlin missile system in September and November this year ahead of a first guided test flight in November 2016, where it will be demonstrated against a moving target.

The 80-100 kilometre range Marlin radar-guided air-to-air missile is being developed by Denel Dynamics under an Armscor/Department of Defence technology demonstrator contract. Denel Dynamics will be using a dual pulse rocket motor on the Marlin (this uses two fuel chambers and one exhaust nozzle) for extended range.

Marlin can also be configured into an all-weather surface-to-air missile. Common subsystems will be used for the different variants of the weapon, with some components derived from the A-Darter and Denel’s Umkhonto surface-to-air missile.

Although Marlin is fully funded by the Department of Defence via Armscor, Denel Dynamics is looking for an international partner to collaborate with during the future development programme. The company said it is currently talking to a few interested parties."

[size=13pt]Bwahahaahaha grin grin Nonsense !

Did you read your own source at all?

It says you are testing unguided rocket, basic straight line shot rocket firing, not a missile. Marlin rocket booster only grin grin

Your source story says the guided Marlin missile itself will NOT be tested until November 2016.

Then we can expect it to enter service in 2020 because the story says South Africa is still looking for foreign countries to become joint development partners.

You have no BVR missile and you will NOT have one soon....still many years away !

SAAF is stuck with 19 km range A-Darter missile, NAF F-7 jet has 22 km range, we are about the same level
.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:08am On Aug 18, 2015
You are just testing a dumb rocket with zero guidance, and BTWN, your Marlin missle...I mean rocket looks ugly, even the one Nigeria is building in a workshop looks better !

You like insulting other people's prototypes, and I have told you that the day we see photo of your own prototypes, they will be more ugly....and also, that DENEL workshop looks like my secondary school laboratory in Lagos !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:09am On Aug 18, 2015
agaugust:

[size=13pt]Bwahahaahaha grin grin Nonsense !

Did you read your own source at all?

It says you are testing unguided rocket, basic straight line shot rocket firing, not a missile. Marlin rocket booster only grin grin

Your source story says the guided Marlin missile itself will NOT be tested until November 2016.

Then we can expect it to enter service in 2020 because the story says South Africa is still looking for foreign countries to become joint development partners.

You have no BVR missile and you will NOT have one soon....still many years away !

SAAF is stuck with 19 km range A-Darter missile, NAF F-7 jet has 22 km range, we are about the same level
.[/size]

No

A-Darter is a next gen missile

Thus, by definition, not the same level
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:05am On Aug 18, 2015
agaugust:

I said the Lynx belong to your air force and are based on land at 22 squadron airbase, they only land on the ships occassionaly and NOT constantly as @Patches falsely claimed, reason why 95% of valour frigate photos show no helicopter on board.

You failed comprehension in school.

You failed comprehension at school

When deployed to the valour class, as they are constantly, they are kept in the hangar

So, unless you have x-ray vision you have no idea as to wether or not a Lynx is on board.

Just when i thought i had seen all of the pointless, infantile and simply meaningless arguments you could possibly make... You somehow manage to top yourself by reaching new depths of imbecility.

Aparrently, it has never occurrd to our resident military researcher that the hangers on ships are used to store aircraft grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 5:40am On Aug 18, 2015
jl115:

Dude!! your not getting any Apache, get that threw your skull!!
are you shocked that Nigeria is getting Apache, the news is everywhere that's the power of Nigeria. We do unexpected things. U are not close to being a super power in Africa but Nigeria clearly is.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:47am On Aug 18, 2015
agaugust:

1. You have an imbalanced and incomplete navy, NO aircraft at all and NO stealth IPV, MPV, OPV, no super speed ocean Interceptors.

2. Hawks have no radar, they need a Gripen to fly beside them to 'borrow' radar.

5. Many modern things Nigeria has that you dream of in South Africa, missile armed drones and man portable quad-copter night drones, they don't exist in your country.

May I add, Nigerian army has over 500 units of modern amphibious armoured vehicles that can cross a river for combat operations.....South African army is a dry land only army....obsolete and outdated for that reason alone
grin grin

LOL - an argument based on technicalities

-"no aircraft"

What are the 4 super Lynx?

By comparison Nigeria has no operational maritime aircraft

-"no stealth opv etc"

Valour class is stealth, as is the heroine class submarine. Both can perform maritime patrol

By contrast Nigeria has no operational warships and no submarines

-"no super speed Interceptors"

You mean apart from the Lynx, T-CRAFT and Namacurra Class?

2. Hawks have no radar, they need a Gripen to fly beside them to 'borrow' radar

Do your alpha jets have radar? No!

Can your alpha jets borrow radar? NO!!

Can your alpha jets (majority if them) deploy PGMS? NO!

Can your alpha jets engage in air-to-air missile combat? NO!

You clearly didn't think that through.

Not even going to bother responding to such blatant trolling.

- You don't have fifty. You know it and I know it
- Obsolete compared to what? Your ancient Hinds?

Combat in Congo proves Rooivalk > Hind

5. Many modern things Nigeria has that you dream of in South Africa, missile armed drones and man portable quad-copter night drones, they don't exist in your country

- You don't have hand held drones
- South Africa also has missile armed drones (ours don't crash).

May I add, Nigerian army has over 500 units of modern amphibious armoured vehicles that can cross a river for combat operations.....South African army is a dry land only army....obsolete and outdated for that reason alone[/b]

- Please list what these 500 units of modern amphibious units are
- Please state how this renders our army obsolete
- Please list one instance where an army with amphibious armored vehicles have crossed a river to play a decisive role in a battle (post WW2)

Lol, August, this is probably one of your more pathetic posts.

Now shall I list the things we have that you do not?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2015
iblawi:

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dont-blame-us-for-not-supporting.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) (2505) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.