Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4434549 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Show me a war that was won by submarines, to justify the reason why countries own subs.

First tanks to land on D-Day at some critical fronts were early generation amphibious light tanks. Cobra APC was key to Nigerian mobility against river militancy.

Cobra over 200, VBL about 100, MTLB about 100, plus BTR-3, BTR-70, BTR-60, BTR-80, BTR-4, Sagaie, BVP-1, only a born möröön like Patrick will be asking how Nigerian army has over 500 amphibious armoures vehicles.

We can cross lake Chad in record speed time and invade them or hot pursue an enemy without waiting for mobile bridge which cannot eve cover a whole lake or wide river.

South African army is a dry land only army, far from being a modern mobile fighting force

1. War won by subs? Uhh.. war in the pacific (what is supply?)

2. I said after WW2 - tell us when IFV/APC's with amphibious capabilities have played a decisive role in battle

3. You said allmost 500 modern units... list what is "modern"

4. No you cant. I allready gave you a logistical breakdown as to why you cannot do that

Again, you say a lack of amphibious vehicals makes us unable to be deemed to be a modern mobile fighting force... but you cant tell us why

This is just another pathetic attempt for you to find something to argue about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

[s]South African weapons are not among the best in their class worldwide . Too many weapons best yours from America, Russia, China, Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, and even Israel.

Only you fools think your DENEL A-Darter missile is great with a 19 km short legged range. Other countries have 5th generation missiles with superior range.

How many countries are rushing to buy your A-Darter? Even the Pakistanis you laugh at have rejected it for their JF-17 jet fighter.

Your defense industry only shines in Africa.[/s]

No evidence = troll

You said so yourself, so you admit you are trolling?

- list which weapons are superior and how
- list ALL 5th gen WVR missiles and how they are superior

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
jln115:

Holy fvck dude!! It also stretches to the Northern part of Darfur!! Do you even know were Darfur is?

Rest of your post is just your daily dose of B.S

Show us map of Sahara desert covering Dafur.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Show us map of Sahara desert covering Dafur.

Ret.ard detected

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
[size=15pt]BOW BEFORE THE SCALE AND SCOPE OF SOUTH AFRICAN MILITARY EXERCISES

The South African Army has declared the nearly 5 000 military personnel who took part in this year’s Exercise Young Eagle combat ready. The exercise concluded with a firepower demonstration at the Lohatla Combat Training Centre in the Northern Cape yesterday.

Mobilisation of forces began in Bloemfontein on 15 July with the combat elements of the exercise taking place from 15 August at places such as Biesiespan, De Aar Airport (deception dummy drop), Upington Airport (airborne assault), and Dimoteng (ground attack).

The SA Army said that a total of 4 926 personnel were involved in the exercise, including 1 229 troops from 9 SA Infantry Battalion, 1 465 from 1 Parachute Battalion, 545 from the South African Air Force (SAAF) and 903 from the Navy. SAAF assets used for the exercise between 10-17 August included two C-130s, four Oryx, four Hawks, four Gripens and five A109s. The Navy contributed a support ship, two frigates, one submarine and two Maritime Reaction Squadron platoons, with exercises off Durban and the Cape.

Participating units included the headquarters of 43 SA Brigade, 1 Parachute Battalion, Rapid Deployment Air Operations Team 43, 7/8 Medical Battalion, Defence Intelligence, 9 SA Infantry Battalion, 44 Parachute Regiment, 1 Special Services Battalion, 2 Field Engineer Regiment, 10 Anti-Aircraft Regiment, 18 Light Artillery Regiment, 1 Tactical Intelligence Regiment, 1 Signal Regiment, 102 Field Workshop, 17 Maintenance Unit and elements from the SA Special Infantry Capability based at Potchefstroom. Now that the exercise is over, soldiers will return to units by 24 August. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

Ret.ard detected

Agaugust is one stupidd hell that does not know his map well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

Ret.ard detected

I guess this map was made in South Africa.

This your Sahara desert is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

1. Stop basing your argument on technicalities. the lynx was bought for the sole purpose of being used on the valour class. Maybe the incompetant nigerian armed forces are unable to cooperate with one another... But the SANDF has no problems

2. No you didnt, and none of them are operational

The simple, unavoidable facts, are this:

South Africa has 4 operational Maritime helicoperts
Nigeria has ZERO

South Africa has 4 operational ASW helicopters
Nigeria has ZERO

End of story

Which enemy submarine has your anti-submarine helicopter fought war against since you bought them about 5 years ago? Nigeria put our own antisubmarine helicopters in reserve since no war needs them now.

Nigerian navy currently owns and flies 8 maritime Augusta E-Power Naval search and rescue helicopters regularly, we don't depend on any air force, we have a complete navy air arm fully operational.

South African navy does not own any helicopter talk less of training one pilot. We NN have more maritime helicopters than you SAN, we double your number.

Now end of story in our favor.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sahara desert I know is very close to Northern Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

Pretty hard to take pictures of things that are still being manufactured

....but you always demand Nigerians show you photos of our own stuff even when you know it's hard to get the photos. Fool !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
PRESIDENT BUHARI SENDS FORMER PRESIDENT OBASANJO AS 'SPECIAL ENVOY' TO MEDIATE IN GUINEA BISSAU'S ONGOING POLITICAL CRISIS,WARNS MILITARY AGAINST COUP DE'TAT.
https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-picks-obj-envoy-guinea-bissau
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
iblawi:
Sahara desert I know is very close to Northern Nigeria.

Thanks for proving dunder head called agaugust wrong.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

Post the source again

You admit that you deliberately ask people to repeat again, sources that have already been posted before....makes you a troll
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Which enemy submarine has your anti-submarine helicopter fought war against since you bought them about 5 years ago? Nigeria put our own antisubmarine helicopters in reserve since no war needs them now.

Nigerian navy currently owns and flies 8 maritime Augusta E-Power Naval search and rescue helicopters regularly, we don't depend on any air force, we have a complete navy air arm fully operational.

South African navy does not own any helicopter talk less of training one pilot. We NN have more maritime helicopters than you SAN, we double your number.

Now end of story in our favor.

1. How many enemy submarines has the USN or RN or Russian/Chinese/Japanese navies used their helicopters against? What will you do when war arrives? You have no trained crew, no experience operating them!!

2. Non operational

3. SAAF provides the helicopters and pilots.

You have ZERO maritime helicopters that are operational.

End of story

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

You admit that you deliberately ask people to repeat again, sources that have already been posted before....makes you a troll

Yes,

I ask you to post it again

So that I can use YOUR OWN SOURCE show this forum AGAIN how you are telling lies.

That makes YOU the troll

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

Thanks for proving dunder head called agaugust wrong.
But why do you guy always have your own wrong version of everything.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
jln115:

No!! The Marlin is a guided beyond visual range missile, do you understand what that means?

Sorry, Marlin guided missile does NOT exist according to the manufacturer who has it only on papar. Möröön
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
hey augubugugugugugug

Remember when you said we only have 1 frigate operational

[size=15pt]The Navy contributed a support ship, two frigates, one submarine and two Maritime Reaction Squadron platoons, with exercises off Durban and the Cape. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
iblawi:
But why do you guy always have your own wrong version of everything.

You proved your fellow friend wrong and thank you very much.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Sorry, Marlin guided missile does NOT exist according to the manufacturer who has it only on papar. Möröön

we are firing a paper missile next month!!

WOW!!

AMAZING!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:
hey augubugugugugugug

Remember when you said we only have 1 frigate operational

[size=15pt]The Navy contributed a support ship, two frigates, one submarine and two Maritime Reaction Squadron platoons, with exercises off Durban and the Cape. [/size]

Agaugust is demolished yet again. Bwahahaha…
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

Yes,

I ask you to post it again

So that I can use YOUR OWN SOURCE show this forum AGAIN how you are telling lies.

That makes YOU the troll

Since you have agreed that I have posted the source here already, then the burden of proof is on you, so copy paste my source and use it to prove me wrong.

Fraudster for life
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

You are pathetic.

Hope Denel is testing paper next month.

http://asian-defence-news..nl/2015/08/denel-to-test-marlin-bvraam-next-month.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Since you have agreed that I have posted the source here already, then the burden of proof is on you, so copy paste my source and use it to prove me wrong.

Fraudster for life

Nope

You keep citing that source - you keep bringing it up

So, if you wish to cite it then post it

If you have nothing to fear - why wont you post it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
MARLIN MISSILE WHICH IS ONLY ON PAPER UNDERGOES TESTING NEXT MONTHS.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
jln115:

NO!! you have civilian grade lynx helicopters, not ASW.

I am not going to repeat the whole episode of Nigerian navy lynx ASW heliopcters here again, I have posted it over ten times in one year. Andrewza, Patches, Saengine have all agreed thsy are military grade ASW helicopters, only you wants to be a lone ranger fool. Check it on SIPRI or google Lynx Mk.89 Nigerian navy. I don't get paid for time spent on nairaland.

White boy with Zulu brain.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

Fraudster for life

In an interview with Defence magazine, Colonel Nceba Bobelo, Officer Commanding for Joint Operations Tactical Headquaters in Mpumalanga, said “Operation Corona” was making a huge difference in the fight against poachers. The Army brought in its expertise to beef up a team of Park Rangers, which was overwhelmed by the by increasing killing of rhinos for their horns.
http://www.dod.mil.za/operations/poaching/rhino.htm

Soldiers deployed under operation CORONA

What is operationa CORONA?

THE SECURING OF SOUTH AFRICAN BORDERS
http://www.dod.mil.za/news/news%202011/April%2011/Borders%2026%20Apr11%20.htm

#Wrecked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

[s]I am not going to repeat the whole episode of Nigerian navy lynx ASW heliopcters here again, I have posted it over ten times in one year. Andrewza, Patches, Saengine have all agreed thsy are military grade ASW helicopters, only you wants to be a lone ranger fool. Check it on SIPRI or google Lynx Mk.89 Nigerian navy. I don't get paid for time spent on nairaland.

White boy with Zulu brain.[/s]

I never agreed to any such thing

Filthy damned liar

Your lynx are export versions of the HAS.3 which only have GEC Marconi Seaspray Radar radar. No sonar bouys
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
patches689:

In an interview with Defence magazine, Colonel Nceba Bobelo, Officer Commanding for Joint Operations Tactical Headquaters in Mpumalanga, said “Operation Corona” was making a huge difference in the fight against poachers. The Army brought in its expertise to beef up a team of Park Rangers, which was overwhelmed by the by increasing killing of rhinos for their horns.
http://www.dod.mil.za/operations/poaching/rhino.htm

Soldiers deployed under operation CORONA

What is operationa CORONA?

THE SECURING OF SOUTH AFRICAN BORDERS
http://www.dod.mil.za/news/news%202011/April%2011/Borders%2026%20Apr11%20.htm

#Wrecked

DAMN!!! NOW YOU FINISHED HIM. HELLO!!! CAN SOMEBODY CALL AMBULANCE TO RESCUE THE BRUISED AGAUGUST FROM THIS INJURY.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

A-DARTER IS GREAT AND IS EVEN MORE ADVANCED THAN ANY MISSILE NIGERIA HAS EVER USED.

-A DARTER CAN BE FIRED AT A TARGET AT ANY DIRECTION EVEN WHEN THE TARGET IS AT THE BACK.

-A DARTER CAN BE USED AS DEFENSIVE MISSILE AGAINST BVR MISSILES AND SRAAMS.

-A DARTER HIT THE TARGET AT 100% PRECISION

-A DARTER CAN NEVER BE JAMMED.

A-Datar will not be in service until 2016.

A-Darter will fail to hit target beyond 19 km.

A-Darter can turn any direction but it will always be short legged distance 19 km.

A-Darter can only work when the user himself is inside the no escape kill zone of his enemy that is also firing in retaliation.

Show us proof that A-Darter cannot be jammed.

Show us proof that A-Darter has been tested against a supersonic speed target.

Show us proof that A-Darter has been tested to stop an incoming missile as anti-missile missile
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
agaugust:

[s]A-Datar will not be in service until 2016.

A-Darter will fail to hit target beyond 19 km.

A-Darter can turn any direction but it will always be short legged distance 19 km.

A-Darter can only work when the user himself is inside the no escape kill zone of his enemy that is also firing in retaliation.

Show us proof that A-Darter cannot be jammed.

Show us proof that A-Darter has been tested against a supersonic speed target.

Show us proof that A-Darter has been tested to stop an incoming missile as anti-missile missile[/s]

Ramblings of a fool - desperate to creat an argument where there is none.

Unworthy of a response.

When Nigeria gets a 5th Gen missile, we shall discuss the A-darter. Untile then, your missile is by definition OBSOLETE
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2015
mzilakazi:

DAMN!!! NOW YOU FINISHED HIM. HELLO!!! CAN SOMEBODY CALL AMBULANCE TO RESCUE THE BRUISED AGAUGUST FROM THIS INJURY.

Yoh bra, they can see his wreckage from space

(1) (2) (3) ... (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.