Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,388 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464402 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:05am On Sep 08, 2015
agaugust:

It's not AK-47, it's Nigerian made OBJ-006 rifle. BTWN, AK-47 is still the most reliable and never failing assault rifle on this planet today. Nigeria has Beryl rifle and Travor rifle if we want to show off.

Nigerian infantry is the best kitted in Africa, every other country will soon start copying us as usual

No its an Ak-47, simple.

Your infantry are amongst the worst kitted in Africa - multiple sources confirm (only 30-60 rounds of ammunition, no medical supplies, have to pay for medicine, have to pay for food, have to pay for equipment, need to use civilian clothing because they dont have the right equipment)

You have yet to reach the levels of the SANDF let alone "best in africa"

You delusional child

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:07am On Sep 08, 2015
agaugust:

Best kitted Infantry in Africa...Naija ! We are setting new standards, other countries will soon start copy copy...

Lol posting one guy posing for a picture

And you think this represents your whole army?

Brah - we have seen the Vice documentary, we know how poorly equipped the average nigerian soldier is

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 1:12am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:
[b]Hoplessness of a useless defence force

Beleaguered SAAF apparently reaching out to SAA for assistance
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 07 September 2015
Tweet

The point has apparently been reached where the SA Air Force (SAAF) is aware it cannot fulfill its defence obligations and the airborne arm of the SANDF has turned to pilots flying for the national carrier, SAA, for assistance.
The Afrikaans Sunday paper Rapport said it has a copy of a memorandum sent to South African Airways (SAA) pilots last week. It asks them to help out as reserve pilots at a “few SAAF squadrons”. The paper points out the “emergency call” came in the same week the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) informed Parliament it could not depend on the air force in the event of a major shipping disaster, such as the Oceanos sinking in 1991.
Dr Cleeve Robertson, NSRI chief executive, told Parliament’s Portfolio Committee on Transport 22 Squadron can “at best” put a pair of Oryx helicopters in the air to assist in sea rescue. He put it that the AFB Ysterplaat-based unit could “hardly” be called a squadron any longer.
The squadron apparently does not have any pilots currently qualified to land on vessels at sea. This has been put down to the non-availability of a platform for practice. The SA Navy supply vessel, SAS Drakensberg, is the preferred platform for this training but she has been out of commission for about 18 months undergoing a major refit and accompanying maintenance. She is now back in the water but has yet to be commissioned as fully seaworthy following the refit.
According to Rapport the memorandum issued by SAA Flight Operations is looking for pilots to increase “capacity” at certain squadrons. It goes on to state timescales will be finalised in the near future and, as soon as further information is available, this will be circulated.

No aircraft types are stipulated in the memo but there are any number of former SAAF members, who flew helicopters, light and medium transport, VIP aircraft and even jets now working at the national carrier. The paper spoke to serving SAAF officers who indicated that, in addition to aircrews for 21 Squadron, the VIP unit, aircrew was also urgently needed for the SAAF’s maritime capability.
“This,” the unidentified pilot said, “is fast reaching crisis proportions and maritime search and rescue can be said to be in the process of dying”.
Going back 10 years, 22 Squadron would be able to put six Oryx into the air while the squadron’s current situation is such it has one, possibly two, of the rotary-winged workhorses available at any given time.[/b]

"Apparently"

The same way the Navy "Apparently" Shot at the fishing boat a while ago, until it was revealed to be the Germans.

There is no evidence to support any of these claims.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:34am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:
[b]Hoplessness of a useless defence force

Beleaguered SAAF apparently reaching out to SAA for assistance
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 07 September 2015
Tweet

The point has apparently been reached where the SA Air Force (SAAF) is aware it cannot fulfill its defence obligations and the airborne arm of the SANDF has turned to pilots flying for the national carrier, SAA, for assistance.
The Afrikaans Sunday paper Rapport said it has a copy of a memorandum sent to South African Airways (SAA) pilots last week. It asks them to help out as reserve pilots at a “few SAAF squadrons”. The paper points out the “emergency call” came in the same week the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) informed Parliament it could not depend on the air force in the event of a major shipping disaster, such as the Oceanos sinking in 1991.
Dr Cleeve Robertson, NSRI chief executive, told Parliament’s Portfolio Committee on Transport 22 Squadron can “at best” put a pair of Oryx helicopters in the air to assist in sea rescue. He put it that the AFB Ysterplaat-based unit could “hardly” be called a squadron any longer.
The squadron apparently does not have any pilots currently qualified to land on vessels at sea. This has been put down to the non-availability of a platform for practice. The SA Navy supply vessel, SAS Drakensberg, is the preferred platform for this training but she has been out of commission for about 18 months undergoing a major refit and accompanying maintenance. She is now back in the water but has yet to be commissioned as fully seaworthy following the refit.
According to Rapport the memorandum issued by SAA Flight Operations is looking for pilots to increase “capacity” at certain squadrons. It goes on to state timescales will be finalised in the near future and, as soon as further information is available, this will be circulated.

No aircraft types are stipulated in the memo but there are any number of former SAAF members, who flew helicopters, light and medium transport, VIP aircraft and even jets now working at the national carrier. The paper spoke to serving SAAF officers who indicated that, in addition to aircrews for 21 Squadron, the VIP unit, aircrew was also urgently needed for the SAAF’s maritime capability.
“This,” the unidentified pilot said, “is fast reaching crisis proportions and maritime search and rescue can be said to be in the process of dying”.
Going back 10 years, 22 Squadron would be able to put six Oryx into the air while the squadron’s current situation is such it has one, possibly two, of the rotary-winged workhorses available at any given time.[/b]

1. "Apparently"
2. "According to the NSRI" (NSRI =\= SAAF)

And, finally, you are making a strawman argument

Unless you can prove that Nigeria has more capabilities in terms of sea rescue - then you cannot deem anyone "pathetic"

Yes again you compare the SAAF to some 1st world military, deem us pathetic according to that standard, and then fail to apply that standard to your own military

Shifting goalposts and double standards are the only way a Nigerian can ever criticse the SANDF cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 08, 2015
lezz:
grin grin grin grin grin Calm down you flaming faggott-prince. I troll on South Africans for sport. I have got more offline than any of you halfwit Zulus can ever get. Social-media is dead without a troll like me grin grin grin grin

Now listen when I get too busy on the fields and follow this thread during breaks? I see agaugust and Henry 120 doing damages and justice to your lies and falsification of figures again and again. Yet you guys won't own up, you keep repeating and changing the original questions to drag this thread on and on.

Well I don't have time for that kind of palsy fvck. I CAME TO TROLL. grin grin grin But I'm a rare troll, you don't find my kind within this shores: I troll with wicked facts and scathing invectives. Patchesagain , the south African 21st century pharisee has tried to ignore me, he has even advised all of you Zulu newts to do the same grin grin grin .

But none of you can, tried as you did. because I leave the truth smoking hot on your Zulu laps.

Fvcking fleabags with a twisted worldview. Zulus can't look at the world except from the armpit of the boars grin
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:55am On Sep 08, 2015
lezz:
Zulu let me help you break the lamentations of your Wendy Ledwaba, your girl friend. She wishes xenophobia to catch up with nigerians in South Africa. And what's her problem? SHE SAYS NIGERIANS BELIEVE THEY ARE UNTOUCHABLE. THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND CAUSED SO MUCH PAIN AND HEARTACHE. SHE SAYS HER BEST FRIEND IS MARRIED TO A NIGERIAN.

Zulu do you need any soothsayer to tell you Wendy Ledwaba haa been _fucked on all holes by nigerians. Her heart is bleeding from pain and anguish and only a nigerian can heal her. It's a typical bad boy stunt on her and she's venting her frustrations and pains online.

Yes we nigerians go to south Africa and walk around like lords, because we think nothing of you. You are nothing but glorified slaves. And what are you talking about south African citizenship?

Who wants to be identified with zulus?

1- South Africa is the worst place any blackmailed can be

2- Being a blackman in South Africa is donning the cloak of shame

3- Being a south African citizen is having a guaranteed slavery for my children

-4 being a black man in South Africa is having no heritage or identity by which my children will be known

-5 As a black man in South Africa you're more likely to die of HIV than in any other country on earth

-6 As a black african if you open a business or enterprise you're more likely to fall victim of looting and killings by the locals who are jealous prone to foreigners

-7 You are more likely to experience the rape of your wife or daughter as a south African citizen than any other country
-8 As a black south African you will always carry the badge as the last freed slaves of the world. Bailed and freed by the benevolence of Africa. The only country where an ethnic population of 80+% is still an economic and land slave to a 7% minority.

No son, no one wants to be a Zulu citizen. The best we do is to drug-Bleep your women and leave them broken and have them ferry our stuffs overseas. We stuff your community with drugs and use same money to love-vendor and flex your women. That's double ŕàpè,Zulu.

Ask your girlfriend Wendy Ledwaba why she hates nigerian and she will tell you it's a personal story. She has been choking on a huge naija Còck while her younger sister was the local courier for her naija boyfriend supplying powder in the streets.

She did all these hoping to settle down with this guy but Zulu babes have only big butty going for them -no brains.

And I love that Zulu name - I've never seen anything that sounded more no primitive than Zulu grin grin grin

Surely, Zulus shall rule you in eternity.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:59am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:

Big lie mtn group as a whole in more than 20 countries have less than 18,000 workers, multichoice and shoprite don't even have any significant number of employees.
You can lie. What figures did you add up to give you that amount.

Zulus have more than 200 companies in Nigeria which have employed over 30000 useless primitive Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:07am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:
South African economy is now third in Africa 2015 estimate.
Egypt $324 billion dollars to South Africa $323 billion dollars.

Nigeria 21th in the world, Egypt is 34th in the world and South Africa 35th in the world.

GDP is nothing other than just useless figures. What I want SA to achieve is a state of the art infrastructure and provision of better life for all. As long as we can build as many houses for our people, provide them with descent sanitation, electricity, the best transport system, road networks, eradication of slums and good life. That's what I wish SA to achieve and not for some useless status in Africa. I want SA to look beautiful for I know it will be a feature that will pain you for the rest of your life.

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/nigeria-vs-sa-gdp-is-not-everything-says-martyn-davies/37854/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

GDP is nothing other than just useless figures. What I want SA to achieve is a state of the art infrastructure and provision of better life for all. As long as we can build as many houses for our people, provide them with descent sanitation, electricity, the best transport system, road networks, eradication of slums and good life. That's what I wish SA to achieve and not for some useless status in Africa. I want SA to look beautiful for I know it will be a feature that will pain you for the rest of your life.

Are you consoling your self? We are talking of your country falling apart from economy to power then water, now security to debt. More to come since you guys can't do anything about it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Sobuza3: 6:21am On Sep 08, 2015
agaugust:

Best kitted Infantry in Africa...Naija ! We are setting new standards, other countries will soon start copy copy...

Honestly though! Do you understand the meaning of best? Its best in Nigeria not Africa. Stop posting nonsense and find something worth debate then post
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:27am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

Zulus have more than 200 companies in Nigeria which have employed over 30000 useless primitive Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas.
are you counting shops as companies. Where do you have 200 companies in Nigeria? I guess dey are inside river niger and river benue. you only have less than 10 main companies in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:31am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:

Are you consoling your self? We are talking of your country falling apart from economy to power then water, now security to debt. More to come since you guys can't do anything about it.

South Africa is not falling apart, is forging ahead and will remain resolute throughout until all these seasonal challenges come to pass. There is a season for everything and even personally we experience our own problems and overcome them. So will it be with Mzansi.

However, I still say GDP is not everything. It is not paradise and does not mean victory. China might be the economic world power but their standard of living is nowhere near that of small European countries. China had more than half and quarter of their population living in abject poverty, the same will happen with Nigeria as is currently the same case with Brazil. Anyway, let me leave you with this to read further. GDP is not everything.

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/nigeria-vs-sa-gdp-is-not-everything-says-martyn-davies/37854/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:40am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:
are you counting shops as companies. Where do you have 200 companies in Nigeria? I guess dey are inside river niger and river benue. you only have less than 10 main companies in Nigeria.

All those shopping malls that you see today being build in Nigeria and everything that will be inside has been financed by Zulus through foreign investment. Surely all that has employed your people isn't? There are as well other 100 zulu companies employing thousands your lazy igbos.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 08, 2015
patches689:

No its an Ak-47, simple.

Your infantry are amongst the worst kitted in Africa - multiple sources confirm (only 30-60 rounds of ammunition, no medical supplies, have to pay for medicine, have to pay for food, have to pay for equipment, need to use civilian clothing because they dont have the right equipment)

You have yet to reach the levels of the SANDF let alone "best in africa"

You delusional child

It is not a simple AK-47. It's an OBJ-006

Nigerian Infantry Soldiers are the best kitted soldiers in Africa. Each soldier carries a minimum 5 Mags and tons and tons of extra armour in the APC or Truck.

The SANDF is a hopeless force lacking in everything, 400 men in the CAR had only a bag of medical kit to depend on, your troops had. Virtually no APCs in the CAR despite months and months of begging for one from Pretoria. Your soldiers also barely carry any radios.

SANDF = Useless!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

South Africa is not falling apart, is forging ahead and will remain resolute throughout until all these seasonal challenges come to pass. There is a season for everything and even personally we experience our own problems and overcome them. So will it be with Mzansi.

However, I still say GDP is not everything. It is not paradise and does not mean victory. China might be the economic world power but their standard of living is nowhere near that of small European countries. China had more than half and quarter of their population living in abject poverty, the same will happen with Nigeria as is currently the same case with Brazil. Anyway, let me leave you with this to read further. GDP is not everything.

Keep consoling yourself, Nigeria is fast developing it power sector, innovation and productivity. We are developing our agricultural sector and mining to provide raw materials for local production and to create more jobs, this is also likely to double our GDP and standard of living by 2025.

We are moving far ahead of South Africa who has nothing to develop on. Your citizens are lazy and are busy looting shops. When your government can't Carter for them anymore they will become nuisance to the society.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 08, 2015
Centrifude:

"Apparently"

The same way the Navy "Apparently" Shot at the fishing boat a while ago, until it was revealed to be the Germans.

There is no evidence to support any of these claims.

There was no evidence to support the particular ship which fired on Anthony Day's boat. We concluded it was the SA Navy because of your sheer hopelessness.

Besides, it was your inept, incompetent and poorly trained soldiers who mortared a poor lady sitting quietly in her living room.

Fact : SAAF cannot perform it's basic duty of protecting the SA air space.

Fact : The hopeless SAAF is begging for pilots from commercial airlines to fly it's assets as the current crop of pilots are to dull to fly the Gripen, Hawk , Puma Helicopter and every other asset.

Fact : only 1 SAAF pilot is qualified to land at sea.

Fact : SAAF only has 9 Gripen Pilots and none of them are combat qualified.

Fact : the SAAF is an inherently useless force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 6:54am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:

Nigerian Infantry Soldiers are the best kitted soldiers in Africa. Each soldier carries a minimum 5 Mags and tons and tons of extra armour in the APC or Truck.

The SANDF is a hopeless force lacking in everything, 400 men in the CAR had only a bag of medical kit to depend on, your troops had. Virtually no APCs in the CAR despite months and months of begging for one from Pretoria. Your soldiers also barely carry any radios.

SANDF = Useless!

Funny set of people.

South Africa is dying off.

You are fast losing everything the white worked hard for.

Too bad
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:56am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:

Keep consoling yourself, Nigeria is fast developing it power sector, innovation and productivity. We are developing our agricultural sector and mining to provide raw materials for local production and to create more jobs, this is also likely to double our GDP and standard of living by 2025.
We are moving far ahead of South Africa who has nothing to develop on. Your citizens are lazy and are busy looting shops. When your government can't Carter for them anymore they will become nuisance to the society.

China is fast growing today, the same applies to Indonesia but the liability of huge population stand as a challenge that will remain forever to be tackled. Huge population is a blessing and a curse at the same time because it only create a huge burden that the government will have to address out of limited resources and small GDP per capita.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 08, 2015
patches689:

1. "Apparently"
2. "According to the NSRI" (NSRI =\= SAAF)

And, finally, you are making a strawman argument

Unless you can prove that Nigeria has more capabilities in terms of sea rescue - then you cannot deem anyone "pathetic"

Yes again you compare the SAAF to some 1st world military, deem us pathetic according to that standard, and then fail to apply that standard to your own military

Shifting goalposts and double standards are the only way a Nigerian can ever criticse the SANDF cool

You fool, you only have a single Pilot who can land at sea, this is somalia, burundi, malawi standard.

Only a soweto clown would think that's first world standard.

Fact : The hopeless SAAF is begging for pilots from commercial airlines to fly it's assets as the current crop of pilots are to dull to fly the Gripen, Hawk , Puma Helicopter and every other asset.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Sobuza3: 6:57am On Sep 08, 2015
SA has really come of age with regards to development and we still going strong. Almost every country has slumps but we more than eradicated more than half of them through means of RDP for the poor and middle class professionals numbers has gone tremendously higher than before. Nigeria has more slumps than SA and Nigerias rate of living is far below that of ours, hence your brothers and sisters flock in SA as a result of seeking better life and opportunities.

This is just Pretoria city town's only.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Sobuza3: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2015
Pretoria

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2015
iblawi:

Funny set of people.
South Africa is dying off.
You are fast losing everything the white worked hard for.
Too bad
Their military is extremely useless!

They have shiny equipment that they are clearly too dull to operate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:

SANDF = Useless!

OBJ is just the exact copy of old AK47 and any person will just refer to it as AKA. It still has an old fashioned wooden butt when the whole world has moved to plastic and rubber.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 08, 2015
Sobuza3:
SA has really come of age with regards to development and we still going strong. Almost every country has slumps but we more than eradicated more than half of them through means of RDP for the poor and middle class professionals numbers has gone tremendously higher than before. Nigeria has more slumps than SA and Nigerias rate of living is far below that of ours, hence your brothers and sisters flock in SA as a result of seeking better life and opportunities.

This is just Pretoria city town's only.

Your economy is in recession you fool!!

This is a military thread and not an architectural thread retarrd!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

OBJ is just the exact copy of old AK47 and any person will just refer to it as AKA. It still has an old fashioned wooden butt when the whole world has moved to plastic and rubber.

Your R4 is just an exact copy of the Galil, anybody would just refer to it as a cheap knock off.

............ And your cheap israeli knock-off uses an iron butt-stock, fool of soweto!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

Surely, Zulus shall rule you in eternity.
grin grin grin grin Good morning my Zulu friend. Don't be broken by my lad, it's after all just empty "banter"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:

There was no evidence to support the particular ship which fired on Anthony Day's boat. We concluded it was the SA Navy because of your sheer hopelessness.

Besides, it was your inept, incompetent and poorly trained soldiers who mortared a poor lady sitting quietly in her living room.

Fact: Nigeria has only three F7 fighter pilots
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2015
FighterPilot:

Fact: Nigeria has only three F7 fighter pilots
Provide evidence Nigeria has a pilot shortage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Sobuza3: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:

Your economy is in recession you fool!!

This is a military thread and not an architectural thread retarrd!

This is why your brothers ran away from home

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:09am On Sep 08, 2015
Henry120:

Your R4 is just an exact copy of the Galil, anybody would just refer to it as a cheap knock off.

............ And your cheap israeli knock-off uses an iron butt-stock, fool of soweto!

Our old R4s are still more modern than your new so called OBJ. Our old R4s use flip butt made of plastic rubber and a flash hider which makes it more modern than your OBJ despite the fact than it was manufactured some 30 years ago
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 7:11am On Sep 08, 2015
South Africa has only 6 pilot for Gripen not 9. They are even considering selling them.

Four months after admitting that 12 of its 26 Gripen jet fighters had been placed in storage because they were too expensive to operate and there were not enough qualified pilots to fly them, South African officials admitted that the maintenance contracts for all the Gripens had expired in April. That made long term use of the Gripens dangerous. This contract was with a reliable, and expensive, South African firm (Denel). The maintenance contracts pay for ongoing support for the aircraft to include updates and warnings on problems other users have encountered as well as access to manufacturer engineers and maintenance experts. Aircraft become more dangerous to operate (if they operate at all) without regular maintenance and these maintenance contracts are a critical part of that. Some South African politicians are now calling for the Gripens to be sold, as there is not likely to be sufficient money to operate them and retain qualified pilots.

Currently only about half of the remaining 14 Gripens are flyable and there are only six qualified Gripen pilots. Corruption, shrinking defense budgets, and political pressure to find more black combat pilots and technical personnel has led to the South African Air Force having fewer operational aircraft. All this has been going on for over a decade.

For example, back in 2009, the South African Air Force stopped automatically releasing data on how many hours combat pilots flew for training. When the numbers were finally obtained, it was discovered that in 2008, fighter pilots were in the air for 325 hours (less than two hours a month per pilot). In contrast, pilots on VIP flights (carrying politicians and government officials) were up there 1,932 hours. There are about fifty transports and 80 helicopters in the air force at the time, and that number has continued to shrink.

https://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/South-Africa-Loses-Use-Of-Its-new-Gripens-8-18-2013.asp

(1) (2) (3) ... (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.