Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4465634 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick....... You retarrd,

The South-African National Defence Force is poorly equipped and poorly funded force! This is a statistical fact. Your men in the CAR lacked basic APCs and Medical kits. 400 men in the CAR had to share a single bag of medical kit.

If you cannot properly equip only 400 men, I simply cannot see the magic Pretoria can perform in deploying or equipping over 35,000 men like the Nigerian Army is currently doing.

- Photo Evidence 1,

SANDF troops in a combat zone, of the 5 men in an active combat zone,

-none of the men are wearing any body armour,

- none the men have a proper helmet

- the poorly trained soldier in front has it finger on the trigger. Shows poor trigger discipline, poor training. This is something you would never see with Nigerian Troops.

- Again, the poorly trained soldier has his pistol in the pouch meant to carry extra ammo.

- None of the troops bar 1, has any sort of webbing.

* Poor Training of the SANDF, photo evidence 2

- the poorly trained soldier yet again has his finger on the trigger, again, another confirmation of the general poor training SANDF troops receive ( To think this is a pre-planned organized event, and the soldier ought to be in his A game...... Is all the more shameful).

- Soldier has no helmet

- Soldier has no body armour.

Only 200 men were deployed in CAR, a deployment that size, on a training mission does not warrant the deployment of a feild hospital.

Deployment in CAR had a feild medical kit.... do you know what that kit contains? Enough supplies to perform surgery if needed. They didnt have APC's because Pretoria did not think they needed APC's..

I also like how you conveniently forgot the 1500 men in DRC or the ~1000 in Sudan who are equipped with exactly what they need (UN rules permitting)

Picture 1:

- men inside their base (OR DID YOU NOT SEE THEIR TENT IN THE BACKGROUND), well within their rights not to wear body armor.
- man on the front has his finger on the trigger guard, not the trigger
- normal place to keep a pistol. He has side pouches for magazines
- again, men inside base dont need to wear webbing.

This picture has no context, so no infrence can be drawn from it

Picture 2:

This is a picture of a soldier on INTERNAL DEPLOYMENT on border patrol (hence the lanyard on his rifle stock which is attached to his body to prevent his rifle being snatched away from him in a scuffle)

- finger on trigger guard.
- No helmet or body armor because he is on foot patrol on border duty, soldiers who do long range patrols in low intensity environments dont wear body armor or helmets as it is deemed to be too agrresive and too cumbersome for extended patrols. Soldiers deployed in Urban or in high intensity environments areas don their body armor

There are no sources that cite the SANDF having issues equipping soldiers, none whatsoever. There are however on the other hand literally hundreds (normally citing nigerian soldiers themselves) lacking basic equipment.

Posting these two pictures out of context is pathetic to say the least. Up your game

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick,

- SANDF troops in a combat zone, Photo exhibit 3

SANDF troops, of the 4 men, 3 are wearing body armours, while 1 has no body armour and no helmet. The other has his bullet proof vest, and isn't wearing a helmet.

* None of the troops have a body armour with plate carriers.

-I don't see any of them with an LMG

- No MGL visible either

- No binoculars are visible

- No comms equipment are visible

- No evidence of HE Grenades or Smoke

- No water

- No knives are visible

Your troops are right in their vehicle, yet no evidence of the above are available.

Things, if you cannot equip only 400 men, how do you plan on equipping over 35,000 men in active combat duties?

1. At the time of this picture it was not a combat zone

2. No context for this picture... could very well be a supply run (likely considering you can see the Ghecko's loaded up with boxes)

Again, I see you are acting like CAR is our only deployment

Happily forgetting the men in DRC and Sudan - pic related, men deployed in combat zones

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
We are more than ready for AMANI AFRICA II to be held at Army combat training centre LOHATLHA. The only combat centre on the continent.

http://theglobalobservatory.org/2015/07/african-standby-force-european-union/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
i just want to take a second to point out that the SANDF has so much equipment we have two basic battle-harnesses

the PAT83 "battle jacket" (pic 3-4) standard multi-use webbing

The m83 Chest rig (pic1-2) for direct action deployments

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
Some people saying SANDF lacks equipment....

Here we go

Pic 1: Ex Young Lion (in South Africa)

Pic 2: Op Fikela (in South Africa)

Pic 3: UN FIB

All happening at the same time, all equipped exactly as doctrine dictates

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Again, I see you are acting like CAR is our only deployment

Happily forgetting the men in DRC and Sudan - pic related, men deployed in combat zones

Again, we see you acting like the Nigerian troops in the VICE NEWS journalists photo at Konduga are our only deployment.

Happily forgetting the men in Mali and Sudan. We too have shown you photos of NA troops in combat zone.

SANDF troops have been caught on camera doing combat patrol in war zone Congo DRC with NO helmet and NO body armour !!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

Patrick,

- SANDF troops in a combat zone, Photo exhibit 3

SANDF troops, of the 4 men, 3 are wearing body armours, while 1 has no body armour and no helmet. The other has his bullet proof vest, and isn't wearing a helmet.

* None of the troops have a body armour with plate carriers.

-I don't see any of them with an LMG

- No MGL visible either

- No binoculars are visible

- No comms equipment are visible

- No evidence of HE Grenades or Smoke

- No water

- No knives are visible

Your troops are right in their vehicle, yet no evidence of the above are available.

Things, if you cannot equip only 400 men, how do you plan on equipping over 35,000 men in active combat duties?

I have never seen a stupidd like you in my entire life. How can you tell all those items are absent just by looking at the picture? Stop your prophetic judgements because it won't work. Come on even water? Do you know that issuing of water bottle and steel helmet is standard in SANDF. You are not a soldier if you don't have helmet, dixie, water bottle, bush knife but please not to cut the head of terrorists, poncho, etc. We as officers we conduct inspection to see to it that the soldier has all the required equipments nicely packed in his big bag.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

Again, we see you acting like the Nigerian troops in the VICE NEWS journalists photo at Konduga are our only deployment.

Happily forgetting the men in Mali and Sudan. We too have shown you photos of NA troops in combat zone.

SANDF troops have been caught on camera doing combat patrol in war zone Congo DRC with NO helmet and NO body armour !!!

Congradulations on proving that our drivers dont wear body armor or helmets while they operate ARMORED VEHICALS

But you can see the gunner (who is not protected by the vehical) has his helmet and BPV on.

Not sure what you thought you were proving with that picture grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:
Some people saying SANDF lacks equipment....

Here we go

Pic 1: Ex Young Lion (in South Africa)

Pic 2: Op Fikela (in South Africa)

Pic 3: UN FIB

All happening at the same time, all equipped exactly as doctrine dictates

SANDF in war zone C.A.R....No helmet, no body armour, don't even mention equipment !

http://reliefweb.int/report/central-african-republic/south-africa-bolsters-its-troops-bangui

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2015
FighterPilot:

I have never seen a stupidd like you in my entire life. How can you tell all those items are absent just by looking at the picture? Stop your prophetic judgements because it won't work. Come on even water? Do you know that issuing of water bottle and steel helmet is standard in SANDF. You are not a soldier if you don't have helmet, dicksy, water bottle, bush knife but please not to cut the head of terrorists, poncho, etc. We as officers we conduct inspection to see to it that the soldier has all the required equipments nicely packed in his big bag.

Exactly!

Ta-da! INSPECTION

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF in war zone C.A.R....No helmet, no body armour, don't even mention equipment !

http://reliefweb.int/report/central-african-republic/south-africa-bolsters-its-troops-bangui

lol

Are you being serious?

A stock photo of a soldier and you know the context?

bwahahahah... now you are truly clutching at straws!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Congradulations on proving that our drivers dont wear body armor or helmets while they operate ARMORED VEHICALS

But you can see the gunner (who is not protected by the vehical) has his helmet and BPV on.

Not sure what you thought you were proving with that picture grin grin

The other soldiers sitting outside the MRAP are NOT drivers, those are the ones I am referring to.

The MRAP behind has a soldier who wears NO helmet on patrol duty in hostile Congo DRC.

The MRAP in front has a soldier on the left hand side sitting outside an MRAP with face cap, no helmet and NO body armour !!

SANDF is worse than we imagined. You live in a glass house, yet you wanna throw stones.....see your sub-standard army in war zone !

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

The soldiers sitting outside the MRAP are NOT drivers, those are the ones I am referring to.

The MRAP behind has a soldier wears NO helmet on patrol duty in hostile Congo DRC.

The MRAP in front has a soldier on the lest hand side sitting outside an MRAP with face cap, no helmet and NO body armour !!

SANDF is worse than we imagined. You live in a glass house, yet you wanna throw stones.....see your sub-standard army in war zone !

So the fact that they are sticking out of the drivers hatch has nothing to do with him being the driver? So the fact that you can clearly see his BPV has escaped you?

Please provide a time stamp and gps co-ords so we know the time and place the picture was taken

PATHETIC!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

You are looking at the same picture I am?

Sure they have body armor and helmets... yes, they are well equipped by Nigerian standards.

But I dont see any squad LMG's, or MGL's, or any comms equipment, or any recioless weapons etc I also dont see any webbing (battle-harnesses) meaning that they are likely missing personal equipment such as feild rations, water, medical supplies, grenades/smoke/flare as well as maps/compasses etc

Sure, you could say "but they are dismounted infantry, their vehicals are carrying the equipment"... which is also BS because what will you do when your vehical is knocked out and suddenly you have 8-9 guys without food/water/medical supplies and spare ammunition.

Hence why I said, poorly equipped.

Indeed, most 3rd world nations are not equipped as well as the SANDF when it comes to personal equipment

Photo Exhibit 3, South-African troops looking, what I can only describe as been utterly confused in a combat zone.

- Photo evidence 1

South-African soldiers, No helmets, No webbing.

No evidence of any radio

No binoculars

No knives

No water

No nothing

- Photo 2,

SANDf troops sitting and standing confused in a combat zone.

- Poor training evident again, troops ordinarily should spread out, form a defensive perimeter. Non-existent.

- only a single soldier has a webbing, now, no evidence of him carrying water, knives or extra ammo in his webbing. His webbing is completely empty.

- None of the other soldiers sitting/standing confused has a webbing on.

- No helmets seen either.

- Infact, they aren't even carrying their rifles. If there was an ambush........ Well, it's good night vienna!

Photo 3,

-Again the soldiers poor training is evident. Instead of been vigilant, the poorly trained soldiers a seen discussing, while what could be a potential threat is approaching their position.

- No webbing

- No helmet

- No water

- No extra mags

- No knives

Nothing !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Exactly!

Ta-da! INSPECTION

My point exactly and tell me how can we ever risk the life of a soldier by sending him into a war zone without a cheap steal helmet?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Exactly!

Ta-da! INSPECTION

If Zimbabwe assembles it's army weapons at a home headquaters exhibition show it would look that good too.

Show us your SANDF troops with all those equipment in war zone grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

If Zimbabwe assembles it's army weapons at an exhibition show it would look that good too.

Show us your SANDF troops with all those equipment in war zone grin grin

Scroll up the page numbnuts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
FighterPilot:

My point exactly and tell me how can we ever risk the life of a soldier by sending him into a war zone without a cheap steal helmet?

You said Nigeria was doing it, so why not you?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

Photo Exhibit 3, South-African troops looking, what I can only describe as been utterly confused in a combat zone.

- Photo evidence 1

No evidence of any radio

No binoculars

No knives

No water

No nothing

- Photo 2,

- Poor training evident again, troops ordinarily should spread out, form a defensive perimeter. Non-existent.

- only a single soldier has a webbing, now, no evidence of him carrying water, knives or extra ammo in his webbing. His webbing is completely empty.

- Infact, they aren't even carrying their rifles. If there was an ambush........ Well, it's good night vienna!

Photo 3,

-Again the soldiers poor training is evident. Instead of been vigilant, the poorly trained soldiers a seen discussing, while what could be a potential threat is approaching their position.

- No webbing

- No helmet

- No water

- No extra mags

- No knives

Nothing !!!

Man you must go an visit a nearest psychiatric hospital.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Henry120:

- Photo evidence 1

No evidence of any radio

No binoculars

No knives

No water

No nothing

- Photo 2,

Photo 3,

- No webbing

- No helmet

- No water

- No extra mags

- No knives

Nothing !!!

Photo 1:

- only 2 soldiers visible
- both have body armor

Again, context please

Photo 2

Since they arent carrying their weapons... i doubt they are in "combat zone"

So again, context, context, context

Photo 3:

- context please

You can nit pick all you want, it proves nothing. We have pictures of your mean HEADING TO THE FRONTLINE and we see how they look

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
actually on patrol

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

You can nit pick all you want, it proves nothing. We have pictures of your mean HEADING TO THE FRONTLINE and we see how they look

You just confessed, HEADING TO frontline, but NOT YET arrived on the frontline. Thanks for explaining why they removed helmets in safe zone
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
actually in the feild

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

You just confessed, HEADING TO frontline, but NOT YET arrived on the frontline. Thanks for explaining why they removed helmets in safe zone

THEY BLATANTLY DO NOT HAVE HELMETS OR ANYTHING ELSE

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Lezzlie(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Intergration of ACRIC is a fact - confirmed by the SANDF

Bah told delegates the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) would become part of the ASF. This means ACIRC, which SA Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo said would be operational this month, effectively has a shelf life of six months if the December 2015 deadline for operationalisation is adhered to.

-DefenceWeb

No, ACRIC is capabilities are being provided by South Africa alone, and again, it will become part of the ASF.

ACRIC was created to full the capacity gap - and was done so with the full support of the AU

They arent supposed to adopt it - because they will be adopting the ASF

ACRIC was adopted to full the capacity gap while ASF was being operationalized

We know, and when it is ACRIC will be absorbed into it

Bah told delegates the African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) would become part of the ASF. This means ACIRC, which SA Army Chief Lieutenant General Vusi Masondo said would be operational this month, effectively has a shelf life of six months if the December 2015 deadline for operationalisation is adhered to.

-DefenceWeb

So, it seems what has happened it that you dont actually know what ACRIC and you seem to be of the opinion that ACRIC is being offered as some alternative to the ASF - which it is not, ACRIC IS THE FVCKING ASF

Well done on showing us that you have literally no idea what you are talking about

A world class clown, a self proclaimed troll who cant even troll properly.

Pathetic

Dummy, merging ARCIR with ASF is not in the purview of Zuma or your ill-equipped SANDF. Are you a drooling newt?

There's nothing like a merger. ACIRC and ASF are like oil and water. They can never mix. Let me brake it down for you again. Stay away from your pap so that you can get this in.

ASF is been drafted technically since 2003 and its forces will be from the 5 regions of Africa, ECOMOG in West Africa and it counterparts in North, South and eastern and central regions.

It will be deployed solely by the AU but with the approval of the regions in question. Now 3 regions have been ready since namely West, South and East or Central (can't be sure). Only two region have been delaying the deployment. Thankfully it is set and preparation has already began.

ACIRC on the other hand is meant to fill the gap until ASF kicks off. But its motive has been doubted. It is on purely contributory and voluntary basis with no means of financial support other than the voluntary countries themselves which are just 13 in number most of whom are pauper state.

Ghana, Chad and Senegal are amongst the countries that have indicated interest. These countries can't even shoulder the burden of ECOWAS in their region. NIGERIA CARRIES MORE THAN 70% OF ECOWAS EXPENSES. So who is fooling who?

ACIRC is a futile attempt at duplicity. It is dead already.

ASF kicks off in a few months and south Africa is turning over their weak army and equipment into the kickoff of ASF. Is that what you call a merger?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Does this mean this indian wearing traditional Indian dress was not issued with a helmet? Most indians in Congo, the area which I once deployed to, prefer to wear their traditional headdress when they were not on a battle dress. We prefered our caps to shield us from the scorching sun of Africa.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

actually on patrol

Thanks for showing us SANDF troops on patrol and all of them wearing cloth face caps in war zone grin

You just proved that your claim of HELMET AS A STANDARD for SANDF is a big lie grin

#SUICIDE COMMENT grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

Boy, you are so confused, and you are completely contradicting yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

CIVILIAN CLOTHES MIXED WITH UNIFORM IS AN INEXCUSABLE OFFENCE IN MODERN FORCES.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
FighterPilot:

We prefered our caps to shield us from the scorching sun of Africa.

So why were you telling lies that helmet is SANDF standard?

The Nigerian troops in the photo Patches have been repeatedly posting , removed helmets because of scorching sun in semi desert. So ?

Patchesagain:

Read Fighter Pilots comment, seems his own psycho-mental case is being well treated by a good psychiatrist. Yours is total kolo-mental
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
agaugust:

Thanks for showing us SANDF troops on patrol and all of them wearing cloth face caps in war zone grin

You just proved that your claim of HELMET AS A STANDARD for SANDF is a big lie grin

#SUICIDE COMMENT grin

Who said that is a war zone?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
Lezzlie:
[s]Dummy, merging ARCIR with ASF is not in the purview of Zuma or your ill-equipped SANDF. Are you a drooling newt?

There's nothing like a merger. ACIRC and ASF are like oil and water. They can never mix. Let me brake it down for you again. Stay away from your pap so that you can it in in.

ASF is been drafted technically since 2003 and its forces will be from the 5 regions of Africa, ECOMOG in West Africa and it counterparts in North, South and eastern and central regions.

It will be deployed solely by the AU but with the approval of the regions in question. Now 3 regions have been ready since namely West, South and East or Central (can't be sure). Only two region have been delaying the deployment. Thankfully it is set and preparation has already began.

ACIRC on the other hand is meant to fill the gap until ASF kicks off. But its motive has been doubted. It is on purely contributory and voluntary basis with no means of financial support other than the voluntary countries themselves which are just 13 in number most of whom are pauper state.

Ghana, Chad and Senegal are amongst the countries that have indicated interest. These countries can't even shoulder the burden of ECOWAS in their region. NIGERIA CARRIES MORE THAN 70% OF ECOWAS EXPENSES. So who is fooling who?

If ACIRC is a futile attempt at duplicity. It is dead already.

ASF kicks off in a few months and south Africa is turning over their weak army and equipment into the kickoff of ASF. Is that what you call a merger?[/s]

1. Intergration of ACRIC into the ASF has been the plan from the start- read the citations

2. ASF does not yet exist - hence we stood up and filled the capacity gap while we waited for ASF TO COME ONLINE IN DECEMBER 2015

3. Nope, only South Africa and East Africa have actual standing formations

4. What are you talking about? South Africa is the only ACRIC contributor... and has said the force will be our ASF contribution when ASF comes online

5. ACRIC is not duplicity. ACRIC = ASF

Again, congradulations at showing you have no idea what you are talking about.

ACRIC and ASF are not two seperate things... they are completely interrelated. What has happened is that South Africa has stood up and (at great personal expense -$400million) fulled the continental gap in capacity while we await you vagabonds to get your act together.

Now hurry up and send your men to our battle school so we can show teach you how the ASF will work

(1) (2) (3) ... (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) (2651) (2652) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.