Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,213 members, 7,860,363 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464376 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
agaugust:

Here it is.....yöür runaway SANDF...

The agency said at least nine SA soldiers were killed.
"I saw the bodies of six South African soldiers. They had all
been shot," a Reuters witness said. Later, he saw three more
bodies in burned-out South African military vehicles.
Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the
BBC World Service that the SA troops had retreated to their
barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport.

Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken
through a line of South African soldiers during their push
into the city."

tonguetonguetongue

Ok, 3000 men pushed back 200.

Thats not "fleeing"

This, however is "fleeing"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY36o7O6LpY

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Iblawi1: 1:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry is finishing you guys here while Africaken is whipping you on the other thread. This is really nice.
South Africa defence force using media to hype themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

The agency said at least nine SA soldiers were killed.
"I saw the bodies of six South African soldiers. They had all
been shot," a Reuters witness said. Later, he saw three more
bodies in burned-out South African military vehicles.
Amy Martin of the UN's humanitarian agency, OCHA, told the
BBC World Service
that the SA troops had retreated to their
barracks and were seeking safe passage to the airport.
Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken
into the city.

Done!
Since when is a witness a Journalist??Also you have yet to prove that BBC Journalist were in CAR

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Zuma says South Africa "rejects any attempt to seize power by force," and
that the soldiers' deaths will not keep the country from working to prevent
the overthrow of elected government.

m.voanews.com/a/un-chief-condemns-rebel-seizure-in-car/1627865.html

Here is your illiterate President telling us the objective of SANDF troops is to prevent an overthrow of elected government. The objective of SANDF troops in the CAR was to keep Bozize in power, which of course you failed miserably at.

"Seleka spokesperson Eric Massi said the rebels had broken
into the city."

SANDF objectives in the CAR

- Keep Bozize in power - Failed

- Protect Bozize - Failed

- Train CAR troops - Failed

- SANDF troops suffered a crushing defeat, left their equipments in the CAR and fled.
1. Your Link doesn't work

2. Those were not our objectives, if we were there to protect the capital, we would've sent many more troops, helos, MRAPs ect.

Our objectives were to protect Bozize, which we did and train a few hundred troops, which we did.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

1. Seleka confirms their casualty figures

2. Seleka gave no such deadline... and even if they did, we delayed our departure by 13 hours and our plane tickets cost them 400 men

I seriously dont understand why you take such issue with this... i have provided you with the testimony of both seleka and a Janes corrispondent and still you have a problem with it.

You need to get your head out of your arse

Stop telling blatant lies..... Seleka provided no such figures!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Patchesagain:

Does he actually say that?

No he does not.

Liar.

What do you mean by does he actually he that?

He clearly states Seleka broke through a South-African defence, what else is there to be written?

You were humbled by a bunch of rebels in the CAR, you fled home........ to steal laptops in South-Africa!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Stop telling blatant lies..... Seleka provided no such figures!

Been posted here many times

Stop wasting my time

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
jln115:

1. Your Link doesn't work

2. Those were not our objectives, if we were there to protect the capital, we would've sent many more troops, helos, MRAPs ect.

Our objectives were to protect Bozize, which we did and train a few hundred troops, which we did.

- it works perfectly.

- your president argues differently, or are you calling Zuma a liar?

You cannot protect a person who isn't there.... It's simply not possible.

A few hundred troops who fled like the SANDF.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

What do you mean by does he actually he that?

He clearly states Seleka broke through a South-African defence, what else is there to be written?

You were humbled by a bunch of rebels in the CAR, you fled home........ to steal laptops in South-Africa!

You said we fled - we did not

Yes, being outnumbered 30:1 tends to get you pushed back

Shall we discuss your men in the NE?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

- it works perfectly.

Citatons have been provided outlining our mission

He was protected while he was there

Who said we fled?

This is beyond facetious at this point...

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

Been posted here many times
Stop wasting my time
You are wasting your own time.

You posted south-african stories no one can verify.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

You are wasting your own time.

You posted south-african stories no one can verify.

A story told by men INSIDE BANGUI quoting the name and Rank of the Seleka soldier who told them.

But if "no one can verify" then the same applies to your sources.

Either way, i win cool

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

Citatons have been provided outlining our mission

He was protected while he was there

Who said we fled?

This is beyond facetious at this point...

Are you calling Zuma a liar?

Are you drunk? How many times am i to show you the reports of stranded SANDF troops begging the french for safe passage?

Are you now back in the CAR?

Do you even know the meaning of fled?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

- it works perfectly.

-If it worked perfectly, why would I say it doesn't work??

- No he doesn't: http://www.dfa.gov.za/docs/2011pq/pq78.html

- Yes, it was recommend that Bozize leaves, the fact is, his alive, thus mission accomplished!!

-If we fled, then why did Seleka surrender??
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

A story told by men INSIDE BANGUI quoting the name and Rank of the Seleka soldier who told them.

But if "no one can verify" then the same applies to your sources.

Either way, i win cool

You must be drunk!

Quoting a random/any individual doesn't equal Seleka General.

Eric Massi Seleka spokesman says they broke through a South-African defence.

"You win?"....... South-African delusion at it's height. You win using false stories the rest of the world, including Africans cannot verify.

Wow!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
jln115:

Since when is a witness a Journalist??Also you have yet to prove that BBC Journalist were in CAR

Do you know what a witness is? Or are you as dull as patches?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Do you know what a witness is? Or are you as dull as patches?
Do you know what a Journalist is? or are you as dull as Agubugu?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:13pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Actually they are.
"Seleka's Massi said the rebels had broken through a line of
South African soldiers during their push into the city."

A source with the United Nations in Bangui said South
African troops were preparing to leave the country.
"They took substantial losses and have asked for French
support to load their troops and take off," said the source.

© 2015 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.

www.newsmax.com/t/world/article/496069

Eric Massi is the spokesman of Seleka

- You cannot protect a man who isn't there, it's just not possible.

- Just like their SANDF trainers, they fled!

Who dominates the grounds in Nigeria's campaign against terrorists...... Nigeria!!
It is too early on into 2016 for patchesagain and his south Africans e-troops to be on the defensive, taking heavy fire like this. Damn!! This comment is like a judge's hammer that silences all debate and submission on the Bangui operation.

Anyone disputes it just love to read his own comment.

I have extended my holiday further. Submissions like this need no efforts of mine. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:15pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

You must be drunk!

Quoting a random/any individual doesn't equal Seleka General.

Eric Massi Seleka spokesman says they broke through a South-African defence.

"You win?"....... South-African delusion at it's height. You win using false stories the rest of the world, including Africans cannot verify.

Wow!

And his men say they suffered heavy casualties

It also says nothing about HOW LONG it took them to do so

So when you have evidence to refute my claims you can get back to me

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
jln115:

-If it worked perfectly, why would I say it doesn't work??

- No he doesn't: http://www.dfa.gov.za/docs/2011pq/pq78.html

- Yes, it was recommend that Bozize leaves, the fact is, his alive, thus mission accomplished!!

-If we fled, then why did Seleka surrender??

- For starters, for been a South-African.

Google up the comment, it isn't difficult to find.

- Seleka gave the man(President) you are supposed to be protecting a 72 hours ultimatum. It shows how inept the SANDF is.

Do you know what Nigeria did when Charles Taylor's Presidency was threatened by rebels........ Nigeria invaded Liberia!

- Seleka doesn't confirm that they surrendered. Seleka says the brushed aside SANDF troops. A few hours later, they took the capital, while SANDF troops..... Or what was left of it, fled the country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
lezz:
It is too early on into 2016 for patchesagain and his south Africans e-troops to be on the defensive, taking heavy fire like this. Damn!! This comment is like a judge's hammer that silences all debate and submission on the Bangui operation.

Anyone disputes it, just love to read his own comment.

I have extended my holiday further. Submissions like this needs no efforts of mine. grin grin grin

LMFAO.... Typical South-Africans! They are trying to sell fairy-tale stories no one, absolutely no one is interested in buying.

Happy New Year man!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

- Seleka gave the man(President) you are supposed to be protecting a 72 hours ultimatum. It shows how inept the SANDF is.

Do you know what Nigeria did when Charles Taylor's Presidency was threatened by rebels........ Nigeria invaded Liberia!

- Seleka doesn't confirm that they surrendered. Seleka says the brushed aside SANDF troops. A few hours later, they took the capital, while SANDF troops..... Or what was left of it, fled the country.

- is he still alive and free? Consider him protected!

- South africa is not in the business of invading soveriegn states, and we were never there to fight rebels in the first place

- Seleka never said they brushed us aside

What is the point of this argument? Do you really get enjoyment from concocting things that dont exist?

Furthermore, how exactly is this humiliating? Should 200 men defeat over 3000? What happened to the Americans in Mogadishu?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

LMFAO.... Typical South-Africans! They are trying to sell fairy-tale stories no one, absolutely no one is interested in buying.

Happy New Year man!

"Fairy tales"

Yet i do not see you disproving any of our claims

Prove our claims wrong

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

And his men say they suffered heavy casualties

It also says nothing about HOW LONG it took them to do so

So when you have evidence to refute my claims you can get back to me

His men are who and who...... Random individuals aren't Seleka commanders?

you a South-African General because i say so.... Although, pushed, i pick you over your incompetent generals who have shown no battlefield tactics/acumen.

You are selling stuff nobody is buying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Why should I Google it when I have an official SA Government source, confirming our objectives in CAR?? http://www.dfa.gov.za/docs/2011pq/pq78.html

And? So they gave Bozize an ultimatum not us, we protected him, mission accomplished.
We were also ready to invade CAR with Gripen,Helos and 2000 men within hours after the attack, no other SS country has rapid force projection capability even near that!!
And the reason we didn't invade WSS due to the AUs recommendations.

And there are countless sources that Seleka surrendered.

lastly read Helmoed Heitman's book!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

His men are who and who...... Random individuals aren't Seleka commanders?

you a South-African General because i say so.... Although, pushed, i pick you over your incompetent generals who have shown no battlefield tactics/acumen.

You are selling stuff nobody is buying.

So you have abandoned your argument and now employ cheap ad-hominems and insults??

Answer the questions:

- who said we were brushed aside?
- how long did it take them to enter the capital?

And fyi, the names and ranks of his men have been provided and he does not refute their cliams, no one does.

Henry, your hate for RSA is pushing you to behave like a clown.

Also, i find it rich that you insult us while your own army was kicked out of 46 towns and cities, 1.6 million of your people made homeless and 30 000 killed... not to mention the girls who have not been brought back

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

- South africa is not in the business of invading soveriegn states, and we were never there to fight rebels in the first place

What is the point of this argument? Do you really get enjoyment from concocting things that dont exist?

Furthermore, how exactly is this humiliating? Should 200 men defeat over 3000? What happened to the Americans in Mogadishu?

Sure....... Only problem is Zuma kinda disagrees. Zuma says South Africa "rejects any attempt to seize
power by force," and
that the soldiers' deaths will not keep the country
from working to prevent

- Oga are you high? The man fled the country na!!

How are you supposed to protect a diamond in a mall, if the diamond isn't in the mall in the first place?

- Nigeria is in the business of protecting democracies and elected government, just like South-Africa (Zuma confirms this)..... The only difference is, while we Succeed in doing this in practical terms, South-Africa fails.

- Seleka said they "broke through a South-African defence", after which a couple of hours later, they took over government.

that's what happens when you get brushed aside. Synonyms!

The point is to re-confirm what is already known around Africa.... The SANDF is an incompetent, Inept poorly trained, poorly resourced and poorly-motivated force that is incapable of completing the most basic of tasks.

"Who gives a sh1t about Americans?"..... We not talking America.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Sure....... Only problem is Zuma kinda disagrees. Zuma says South Africa "rejects any attempt to seize
power by force," and
that the soldiers' deaths will not keep the country
from working to prevent

- Oga are you high? The man fled the country na!!

How are you supposed to protect a diamond in a mall, if the diamond isn't in the mall in the first place?

- Nigeria is in the business of protecting democracies and elected government, just like South-Africa (Zuma confirms this)..... The only difference is, while we Succeed in doing this in practical terms, South-Africa fails.

- Seleka said they "broke through a South-African defence", after which a couple of hours later, they took over government.

that's what happens when you get brushed aside. Synonyms!

The point is to re-confirm what is already known around Africa.... The SANDF is an incompetent, Inept poorly trained, poorly resourced and poorly-motivated force that is incapable of completing the most basic of tasks.

"Who gives a sh1t about Americans?"..... We not talking America.

- read our mission objectives, zumas statements mean nothing

- is he alive and free? Yes or no

- you think Charls Tailor is the leader of a democratic state?

- all they said is they broke through the defence... nothing about time or casualties. Fact

- ask 400 dead seleka about the SANDF. If you attack an ememy with over 3000 men, amd he stops you dead for 13 hours, kills 400 of your men and you have to sign a cease fire... how does that make your enemy incompetant?

- Americans had the exact same situation, are they incompetant, poorly lead, poorly resourced and lacking in motivation?

if this is an indication of the SANDF being useless... what then is 46 captured towns and cities, 1.6 million homeless and 30 000 dead?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

So you have abandoned your argument and now employ cheap ad-hominems and insults??

Answer the questions:

- who said we were brushed aside?
- how long did it take them to enter the capital?

And fyi, the names and ranks of his men have been provided and he does not refute their cliams, no one does.

Henry, your hate for RSA is pushing you to behave like a clown.

Also, i find it rich that you insult us while your own army was kicked out of 46 towns and cities, 1.6 million of your people made homeless and 30 000 killed... not to mention the girls who have not been brought back

Typical siege mentality..... When cornered sprout out hate.

If you haven't noticed, Nigerians aren't the only Africans who do not accept your fairy-tale stories.

- Seleka spokesperson

- a couple hours later, and they took the capital.

Eric Massi is the Seleka spokesperson, any other story, which cannot be corroborated is purely a figment of the wet dreams of South-African journalists. Reports which have been roundly rejected.

The Nigerian Army completely, I mean completely is in control! 1.6 million Nigerians who are mostly in the care of the Nigerian state while their homes which most of them have gone back to was cleared of terrorists. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
patches689:

They also had about 200 men vs 4000 rebels!! Difference is the US had airsupport(16 helicopters!!), we had absolutely fokol airsupport , they lost 18 men and 70+ wounded, we lost 13 and 27 injured, They killed about 400 militia, according to NGOs we killed close to 800 Seleka

They had to be evacuated, we fought untill the enemy surrendered.

And they made a fvcking movie about it, and we didn't.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
Henry240:

Happy New Year man!
Oh, their method has become stale and boring. We only engage and spar with them for charity grin grin grin

Happy NewYear man, you have been spectacularly brilliant. @Agaugust too.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
jln115:

Why should I Google it when I have an official SA Government source, confirming our objectives in CAR?? http://www.dfa.gov.za/docs/2011pq/pq78.html

And? So they gave Bozize an ultimatum not us, we protected him, mission accomplished.
We were also ready to invade CAR with Gripen,Helos and 2000 men within hours after the attack, no other SS country has rapid force projection capability even near that!!
And the reason we didn't invade WSS due to the AUs recommendations.

And there are countless sources that Seleka surrendered.

lastly read Helmoed Heitman's book!!

- You probably need to send that link to your lawmakers, as they seem to believe SANDF troops were in the CAR to protect business interests.

Even your President Zuma, who signed of say's differently.

- what does protect mean? Is the Republic of South Africa trying to redefine the term protect?"

He was given an ultimatum, and he fled = Protect!

- You were prepared to respond on Paper.... Cool story bro.

Nigeria responded in reality

Kenya responded in reality

Egypt responded in Libya in reality

South-Africa responded on paper

Utter hopelessness of what is supposed to be a defence force.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.