Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437526 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
andrewza:

i mean ammo on person. Has in how many mags do they have on them. It is just a observation. Though they may have them.

Ammo per soldier, each soldier carries 4 extra clips apart from the mag on the rifle. That is 1 ak-47/akm and 5 magazine. Per soldier.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
Henry120:

Ammo per soldier, each soldier carries 4 extra clips apart from the mag on the rifle. That is 1 ak-47/akm and 5 magazine. Per soldier.
shot. A tad low for a war but a ok number for poliece duties such has fight BH.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Blyss:

Humm, interesting. Like you've stated, nothing spectacular, definitely time for an upgrade. As Jihadist insurgencies increase over time within the West African region, Nigeria will have to eventually stop being so cheap, and actually go ahead and put forth the money to start purchasing some more modern weaponry from the US or Russia, and begin putting more effort into developing their own weapons. There's no reason Nigeria shouldn't be able to develop their own tanks, and if they are already talking about attempting to develop their own satellite and delivery rocket, why is there no plan to first start developing their own jets in who's technology coincides with that of rocket development? Start small and build your way up is the best policy for any serious nation whom wants to self develop themselves.

Nigeria dose not have a current need for a new MBT. They would be worth less agianst BH who hid among the civilians and the delter is not tank country. A better option is a IFV(mine restianced)(with AGMs they still pack a punch vs the local armor) and lighter MRAPs sty APCs. They will still out gun any BH or Delter fighter and carry troops to chase them down. I bielfe nigeria dose build a APC but it is nothing world breaking.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nigerian soldier

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nigerian SBS

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Two nigerian frog men simulate stealth landing.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
Henry120:

You are correct, equipments cost billions of dollars, I cannot place our defence procurement on the internet, however if you look hard you might see it here.

A lot of bomb equipment, scanners, jammers, tracker and satellite technology have either been bought or developed. Are the enough, no, can we do more yes, but have these equipments been purchased, including logistics vehicle, command and control and a situation room. Yes. There are more which I cannot paste here, because they are classified information.

I agree they are more but not enough. Have you seen the total budget of Nigerian military is not even half the budget of South Africa's department of defence. Such budget is very small to procure modern equipments since you cannot even develop your own arms. SA has a lot of that, you must see them when they are on convoy across our roads.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
Henry 120- why do you insist on posting your assault rifles which still are uneasy to carry for longer hours because of its fixed butt? Show us your hardware
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Chongaiman: 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
Msauza:
I agree they are more but not enough. Have you seen the total budget of Nigerian military is not even half the budget of South Africa's department of defence. Such budget is very small to procure modern equipments since you cannot even develop your own arms. SA has a lot of that, you must see them when they are on convoy across our roads.
To each, his own. Last time I checked, both countries posed no threat to each other's interests.

Henry120:
andrewza:
shot. A tad low for a war but a ok number for poliece duties such has fight BH.
In conventional warfare, the supply system in the field consists of at least 3 line scales of combat supplies. The second line scale of combat supplies is always on wheels in the 'A' Echelon which gives immidiate support to, and is ever ready to supply the 'F' Echelon as the need arises.

BTW in the spirit of this "My Mercedes is bigger than yours" thread, I would like to know:
1. Who has the largest d1ck in WWE.
2. Who has the biggest balls in WWE.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:30am On Jan 26, 2013
Chongaiman:
To each, his own. Last time I checked, both countries posed no threat to each other's interests.

In conventional warfare, the supply system in the field consists of at least 3 line scales of combat supplies. The second line scale of combat supplies is always on wheels in the 'A' Echelon which gives immidiate support to, and is ever ready to supply the 'F' Echelon as the need arises.

BTW in the spirit of this "My Mercedes is bigger than yours" thread, I would like to know:
1. Who has the largest d1ck in WWE.
2. Who has the biggest balls in WWE.

Stuff all ways ends up going wrong.

genrail manger since he is not on steriods.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Chongaiman: 6:51am On Jan 26, 2013
No contest.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2013
lol what is with the blocked posts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2013
Msauza: Henry 120- why do you insist on posting your assault rifles which still are uneasy to carry for longer hours because of its fixed butt? Show us your hardware

Unlike SA, pictures of hardware are very difficult to come by. The military in nigeria is not yet very open. It is still secretive. Remember, we in nigeria just started practising democracy. Photos of hardware are really difficult to come by.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:49am On Jan 26, 2013
These are some of the equipments SA soldier use in battle;

http://www.sa-soldier.com/data/04_equipment/04_1equipment.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2013
Msauza: These are some of the equipments SA soldier use in battle;

http://www.sa-soldier.com/data/04_equipment/04_1equipment.htm

that a rather old list. The FN mag was replaced some time ago

SS77
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 26, 2013
I wish we had SU-27 or su-30 or a mig-29, our campaign in mali would have been a lot easier.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 26, 2013
I wish we had SU-27 or su-30 or a mig-29, our campaign in mali would have been a lot easier.

Nigerian C-130 in mali

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2013
NAF

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 26, 2013
Naf

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 26, 2013
The guys in brown are not nigerians, my mistake.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2013

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:30am On Jan 26, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2013
Henry120:

Unlike SA, pictures of hardware are very difficult to come by. The military in nigeria is not yet very open. It is still secretive. Remember, we in nigeria just started practising democracy. Photos of hardware are really difficult to come by.

There is nothing secret about hardware. There are some information that an enemy cannot do anything about. Hardware is no secret, whether you are democratic or autocratic. The same hardware you use might be used by many countries, no excuse. When any country enter into arms deal, there will be many arms manufacturing companies from various countries that will compete to struck such a deal. For example, Why should it be a secret when Nigeria wants to buy 4 Submarines, 50 fighter planes, 15 gunships, 60 tanks and 6 frigates? Obviously such a deal will leak to the public to know.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
Who will ever believe that the SAAF is the second oldest Airforce in the world. Read below;
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2006/07/stuff_eng_photo_saaf.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
lets spice it up by looking at angola. May not have many but these are a beast

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gst101: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
Msauza: Read what the Nigerian citizens say about Nigeria Army.

http://m.first-thoughts.org/on/Nigerian+Army/
you cant trust the nigerian on anything nigeria. We are fraustrated people who see the country in a small way! You can verify that in this forum on other topics. Infact, the biggest indication of this is what you find in the topic "...deploys supersonic jet to mali" i cannot remember that topic exactly any more. But in that thread, people said things like "so we have these kind of hardware..." such statements shows so clearly that nigerians themselves are ignorant about their military's capability.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
gst101: you cant trust the nigerian on anything nigeria. We are fraustrated people who see the country in a small way! You can verify that in this forum on other topics. Infact, the biggest indication of this is what you find in the topic "...deploys supersonic jet to mali" i cannot remember that topic exactly any more. But in that thread, people said things like "so we have these kind of hardware..." such statements shows so clearly that nigerians themselves are ignorant about their military's capability.

most civlians are like that. They no nothing of there milltary and knock it off and laugh at it. until they need it. Then they cry for help.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.