Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,983 members, 7,863,501 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4467264 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

Show us proof that NNS Aradu is not operational as at today July 2014. Is a heavily armed frigate-destroyer supposed to be chasing pirates in gulf of Guinea? Why didn't your Valour frigates catch all pirates raiding SADC region around South African oceans?

Aradu has no war to fight and no work to do, she is NOT a patrol ship or OPV, so she was in reserve. Age makes her due for mid-life upgrade like NNS Thunder is much older than Aradu and so Thunder went through same process of mid life upgrade by US coast guards.

Aradu is in 2014 Nigerian navy published schedule list for full mid life refit and that is a standard proceedure for standard navy establishments worldwide, so Nigerian navy is not an exception. Most Nigerian warships you think are not operational are all now fully refitted and fully operational, yet the 2012 and 2013 information on all foreign websites still say they are not operational and may never operate again, yet those ships are now back in full force, NNS Siri and NNS Ekun are two such warships that exercised with Chinese navy frigates in Nigeria few weeks ago.

Around April a journalist asked the Navy Admiral commanding the fleet about the Aradu which the journalist claimed was grounded according to his own outdated information. The Admiral updated him immediately that Experts were already working on Aradu, nobody ever knew that fact until disclosed, and few weeks after that statement, NNS Aradu surprisingly sailed out of naval base to an undisclosed destination last month June.

Show us proof that NNS Aradu cannot fire it's 80 km range Otomat Mk1 and 180 km range Mk 2 missiles. Your opinion =/= Fact of today.

Go kiss a frog and tell your fairy tales to poorly informed people like yourself.
[size=15pt]Show us proof that Aradu is operational of this day (2014/07/05)[/size]

Blah blah blah - lots of words but [as usual] no proof

We dont care what you think, give us proof: give us confirmed sightings, give us evidence

No proof = No argument

[size=20pt]Nigeria has no blue water capabilities - confirmed as of 2014/07/05[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:
Quote any Otomat Mk 1 or Mk 2, NNS Aradu has superior missile range over all South African navy warships. Fact !

Many modern missiles have data link inbuilt and linked to the launcher, data link is what a lot of long range missiles use to communicate with launch ship or aircraft.

Otomat Mk1 does not have data link for 3rd party communication with a helicopter, but has data link for 2nd party communication with the launcher warship as a long range missile.

Every country that has modern long range missiles has data links, it is nothing special. Don't fool yourself thinking data links exist only in South Africa, you must be grossly in.sane grin

You half brained South Africans should stop confusing weapon to launcher inbuilt data links with a country's armed forces inter- force communication data link for passing around information within their armed forces. They are two different things you dumbos don't know in your ANC prison yards. Fools grin

Prove it.

[size=15pt]Nigerian peasant warships have no datalink - confirmed until evidence provided [/size]

Nigerian Navy is so 3rd world it offends my South African sensibilities... we shall destroy your non-operational warship in the same manner that we destroy Nigerian drug lords and pimps... with machete and bullet

[size=15pt]"let them burn the meat, it is not ready for consumption"[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

You need to go delete Military Today website or call in a hacker to edit it for you, it says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 and that fact remains a torment for South Africans. FACT !!

Otomat Mk 1 has two different operation modes and two different ranges, mode one range is 64 km and mode two range is over 80 km.

It is written inside the source used by @Patches and he is just pretending not to see it, he posts the 64 km and cuts off the 80 km part of the information details.

I also posted it here last year, that's why I did not repeat it, just waiting to see if you SA mofos would be honest enough to say you saw it there...or else I will post it myself.

Nigerian navy has 40 units Otomat anti-ship missiles with ranges 80 km to 180 km.

South Africa's half impotent 'Blue water' navy has 13 units Exocet anti-ship missiles with range of only 70 km.

Nigerian navy warships will sink ALL the weak warships South African navy is boasting about. FACT !!

blah blah

60km range confirmed

#ShowUsAraduDatalink

We dont care about your OPINION show us facts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

No way ! Military today's expert analyst was NOT misled by Wikipedia, his own source is different and nothing in his webpage relates to Wikipedia, his page was dedicated to Aradu Class warship Almirante Brown and he was saying things you cannot even find on Wikipedia, his source is unique and says Nigeria has Otomat Mk 2 missile....FACT!

Even Otomat Mk 1 has over 80 km range and Aradu beats Valour frigate Exocet missile 70 km range, so no matter which of our two Otomat versions we decide to use to K.ill South Africa's unfortunate navy, your warships d.eath will be sudden and final.

The most respected source in the world sinks your argumeny (much linke SAN will sink your non-operational warship)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
agaugust:

You are busy posting infantry weapons, see your post surrounded by mess and immorality spam posted by your fellow South Africans, and all you South Africans are not telling him to stop destroying this thread we are trying to rebuild, your silence means you all agree with him.

I am not entering any military debate in an atmosphere of immoral spam photos. Keep entertaining yourselves South Africans, you are showing us the type of people that make up your country.

#NoArgument

Nigeria has inferior [read: none ] infantry support weapons
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
goodnight fools

here is a treat

the greatest thing i have ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE

I have to be in the office by 8 A.M (its 04:28 AM A.T.M) I shall return to destroy AugbugugugBaboonOOOO on sunday
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
OMG

Just heard this for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PxkJzcTH

All South Africans, of ALL races, can stand shoulder to shoulder and acknowledge the achievements of OUR boys on the border.

As a person of color, I proudly say: Massive Respect.

"Heir is een vir die Ou Manne"

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
Boko Haram worry investors in Nigeria.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201407030052.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fclient%3Dms-rim%26hl%3Den%26q%3DNigeria%2520in%2520Danger%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26channel%3Dbrowser
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 3:02am On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust:

You are busy posting infantry weapons, see your post surrounded by mess and immorality spam posted by your fellow South Africans, and all you South Africans are not telling him to stop destroying this thread we are trying to rebuild, your silence means you all agree with him.

I am not entering any military debate in an atmosphere of immoral spam photos. Keep entertaining yourselves South Africans, you are showing us the type of people that make up your country.

When you act like a di'ckhead a rant about useless nonsense no one complains about it, that guy is just giving you a taste of your own medicine because that's what you also sound like when you're b'itching.. Lol and now you wana talk about morality, you're hilarious dude
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Helghast:

When you act like a di'ckhead a rant about useless nonsense no one complains about it, that guy is just giving you a taste of your own medicine because that's what you also sound like when you're b'itching.. Lol and now you wana talk about morality, you're hilarious dude

A taste of my own medicine? You ever saw me post gay s.ex photos here? You must be an escapee that jumped over the fence of a psychiatric hospital without any clothes on your body.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 3:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Fighter Pilot:

Acts of indiscipline.

Even beating up Security guards, journalists and civilians

www.nairaland.com/1799643/soldiers-didnt-burn-brt-buses

This is why the international community finds it hard to believe most of the things the N.A tells them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 3:59am On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust:

A taste of my own medicine? You ever saw me post gay s.ex photos here? You must be an escapee that jumped over the fence of a psychiatric hospital without any clothes on your body.

"Without any clothes on your body" dude you sound just like him, and I didn't say u posted pictures of gay people but we all know that you're the king of low blows on this thread you'll do and say anything to discredit someone else's country, that guy is like a South Africa version of you but with a bit more creditably to his posts.

Anyway when is the airshow happening I want to see the new Aircraft your military acquired this year.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Helghast:

"Without any clothes on your body" dude you sound just like him

Nope, I didn't post photos of N..A..K..E..D people having gay S..E..X.. like your 'in.sane hero' did.

Without clothes on your body is a figurative speech in my local tribe that means you have a severe m.ental problem, and I see that you do, with the kind of 'hero' you worship.

99% of my posts are purely military, like everyone else, we all throw punches at each other sometimes. Makes this thread sweet.

Meanwhile, you wanna go get your medula oblongata checked at the nearest psycho hospital, you might just be as men.tally ill as @Kwametut your 'hero'. Mumu grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2014
[size=14pt]

You South Africans are just a poorly-educated bunch of poor thinkers writing rubbish about Nigerian weapons.

Nigeria has two types of Bofors FH-77, we have both F-77A and F-77B versions. I have weblink sources.

Nigeria has 73 units of Bofors FH-77 artillery.

F-77B has been firing to range over 35km since 1999 Kargil war. Nigeria bought new batch after the war.

SIPRI is poor source of Nigerian weapons, screwed up the Bofors and Otomat.

Nigeria has both Otomat MK 1 and Mk 2.

Otomat Mk 1 range is 80 km without any helicopter guidance datalink.

Many African countries have datalink weapons and there is nothing special about datalink, it is just a communication device and not the monopoly of South Africa. Show me how Algeria, Egypt and Nigeria have no datalink you fools ! Even tiny Eritrea has datalink weapons.

Every Otomat missile ever built in this world has it's own internal datalink and that comes with it connected to the launcher.

I have sources, weblinks.

Nigeria has datalink. Otomat has datalink inside it for both MK 1 and Mk 2.

Infantry 150 ammo, USA carries 210 ammo, does SANDF carry up to that?

Nigeria mixes infantry weapons from range 300 meters to 3km, I have photos.

You SA mofos should show us proof that every navy frigate that is not photographed at sea every 6 months is not combat operational, we don't see photos of most world navy frigates at sea for years.

South African military NEVER fought in Liberia or Sierra Leone, Executive Outcomes is a private mercenary company and has Namibians, Angolans, and South Africans as private employee mercenary soldiers, and they abandoned Sierra Leone before the war ended many years later they went there to steal diamonds and not to win a war. South Africa is a big thief and looter of weaker African nations

Later this weekend I will deal with these sources and photos, I don't want to start my day with some foolish South African dumbos. See you later.

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust: [size=14pt]

You South Africans are just a poorly-educated bunch of poor thinkers writing rubbish about Nigerian weapons.

Nigeria has two types of Bofors FH-77, we have both F-77A and F-77B versions. I have weblink sources.

F-77B has been firing to range over 35km since 1999 Kargil war. Nigeria bought new batch after the war.

Many African countries have datalink weapons and there is nothing special about datalink, it is just a communication device and not the monopoly of South Africa. Show me how Algeria, Egypt and Nigeria have no datalink you fools ! Even tiny Eritrea has datalink weapons.

Every Otomat missile ever built in this world has it's own internal datalink and that comes with it connected to the launcher.

You SA mofos should show us proof that every navy frigate that is not photographed at sea every 6 months is not combat operational, we don't see photos of most world navy frigates at sea for years.

Later this weekend I will deal with these sources and photos, I don't want to start my day with some foolish South African dumbos. See you later.

[/size]
Superior infantry weapons. The SANDF infantry and support weapons can hit targets with great precision up to: 6km-10km. Your army is still using mortars as defensive weapons. The British and Americans learned a lesson in Afghanistan.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust: [size=14pt]

[/size]

[size=14pt]
Nigeria does not have otomat MK1 and that I bet with my life. It does not make any sense when you say they both have two variants which is unsupportive. Use your mind even though we all know that your brain is just a pea size because of the shape of the back of your head which is flat. The question will now be which platform do they use MK1 and which do they use MK2?

The missiles which your old grandfather Arandu is armed with remains to be Otomat MK1 (with no datalink). There is always an error in Journalism and your source must be deemed null and void.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2014
Fighter Pilot:

[size=14pt]
Nigeria does not have otomat MK1 and that I bet with my life. It does not make any sense when you say they both have two variants which is unsupportive. Use your mind even though we all know that your brain is just a pea size because of the shape of the back of your head which is flat. The question will now be which platform do they use MK1 and which do they use MK2?

Your opinion is NOT equal to fact.

Why did Nigeria buy both two variants of Bofors F-77 A and F-77 B ? Yet SIPRI records only F-77B.

Bet your life on anything you want, it does NOT change facts... Nigeria has Otomat MK 1 and MK 2...go kiss a frog if it hurts you grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Fighter Pilot:

[size=14pt]

The missiles which your old grandfather Arandu is armed with remains to be Otomat MK1 (with no datalink). There is always an error in Journalism and your source must be deemed null and void.[/size]

Otomat MK 1 has datalink inbuilt and linked to the launcher, every Otomat has datalink, only diffrence is MK 2 has extra TG-2 datalink for helicopter guidance. You failed science in school, most long range missiles use inbuilt datalink to communicate with launcher, even tiny Eritrea has datalink inside its BVR missiles and MiG-29 jets.

You want to say all the billions of dollars spent by other African countries on weapons from 1970 to 2014 does not include any single datalink on the whole continent except in South Africa? You are a complete maad-man, even civilains have datalink, is its that cheap to buy. Mugu grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mike..ZA:
Superior infantry weapons. The SANDF infantry and support weapons can hit targets with great precision up to: 6km-10km. Your army is still using mortars as defensive weapons. The British and Americans learned a lesson in Afghanistan.

Which South African infantry support weapon has range 10km ? Ingwe missile is longest and is 5km range.

Nigeria has Swingfire infantry missile 4km range and many infantry machine guns with 3km range and recoiless rifles with 7km range.

What make SANDF better? Nothing.

Show me your infantry 10km range weapon and I will match it with a Nigerian weapon too.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust:
Otomat MK 1 has datalink inbuilt and linked to the launcher, every Otomat has datalink, only diffrence is MK 2 has extra TG-2 datalink for helicopter guidance. You failed science in school, most long range missiles use inbuilt datalink to communicate with launcher, even tiny Eritrea has datalink inside its BVR missiles and MiG-29 jets.
You want to say all the billions of dollars spent by other African countries on weapons from 1970 to 2014 does not include any single datalink on the whole continent except in South Africa? You are a complete maad-man, even civilains have datalink, is its that cheap to buy. Mugu grin

Wrong X. Not every Otomat MK1 has inbuilt datalink, only the later model. Infact, majority of them don't have especially those acquired by African countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust:

Your opinion is NOT equal to fact.

Why did Nigeria buy both two variants of Bofors F-77 A and F-77 B ? Yet SIPRI records only F-77B.

Bet your life on anything you want, it does NOT change facts... Nigeria has Otomat MK 1 and MK 2...go kiss a frog if it hurts you grin

Which platform does Nigeria use for their MK2 variant, if I may ask? I know you are already scratching your head. Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2014
World Navy today says NNS Arandu remains afloat but is inoperable.

http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/africa/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by conm: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
When it comes to hardcore, elite human beings, nothing can top military special forces units. Shows us what these incredible teams from around the world look like, and exactly zero of them appear to be anyone you'd ever want to mess with if you value your life. The facepaint on the Peruvian men might be the most intense I've ever seen.

These are the world’s most elite military teams. They’re highly trained, best equipped and well-prepared fighting units specializing in surgical military operations, from ending a hostage situation swiftly to stealthily eliminating top terrorists.

Yeah, pity the fools who get on the wrong side of any of these elite fighting forces. Please keep in mind that this fascinating list is in no particular order. We just hope you enjoy this one.

Sadly, only Tanzania in Africa made it in the list.

1. US Navy SEAL

2. British SAS

3. Huntsmen Corps : Danish Special Forces

4. French Special Forces

5. ROC (Taiwan) Special Forces with bullet proof face masks

6. Irish army rangers

7. Serbian Gendarmerie

8. MARSOC

9. Canadian counter terrorist group JTF2

10. Korean Special Forces

11. Dutch Special Forces

12. SBS

13. French Special Forces

14. Belgian Special Forces Group

15. Norwegion MJK

16. Canadian Joint Incident Response Unit (Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare defence)

17. Marinejegerkommandoen – Norwegian Navy Special Forces

18. French Commando Marine

19. Norwegian Armed Forces’ Special Command

20. New Zealand Special Forces

21. US Army Special Forces Sniper with Remington Modular Sniper Rifle

22. Polish GROM

23. U.S. Special Forces

24. Indonesian Special Forces Command

25. Romanian Special Forces

26. Australian SASR

27. Tanzanian Special Forces In Congo

28. German KSK (Army / Special Forces)

29. German Army Special Forces the KSK

30. Shayetet 13 (Israeli Special Forces)

31. Russian Special Forces: Spetsnaz

32. Austrian special forces: Jagdkommando

33. Iraqi special forces

34. Kampfschwimmer (Combat Swimmers) from Germany’s elite SEK-M special forces

35. Peruvian Army special forces

http://news.distractify.com/people/special-forces-from-all-over-the-world/
http://atchuup.com/badass-elite-fighting-units/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
agaugust:

Which South African infantry support weapon has range 10km ? Ingwe missile is longest and is 5km range.

Nigeria has Swingfire infantry missile 4km range and many infantry machine guns with 3km range and recoiless rifles with 7km range.

What make SANDF better? Nothing.

Show me your infantry 10km range weapon and I will match it with a Nigerian weapon too.
I said infantry support weapons. The M5 120mm mortar can put shells 10km away. The M6 60mm long range mortar has a range of 6km. Enemy infantry soldier with wire guided missiles have to sit stationary for some time. Exposing him to shrapnel and bullets. Without superior infantry weapons he'll be pushed back to hide behind tanks or fight inside his APC or IFV exposing meaning your tanks will be expose and the mercy of anti-tank teams. What makes SANDF infantry better than Nigerian infantry.?-----» 1. Grenade launchers 2. Automatic grenade launchers. 3.Rifle grenades. 4. Mortars(some of which are long range). 5. Infantry fighting vehicles. 4. Missiles. 6. EW or intel systems. 7. APCs 8.Webbing 9. Fire power 10. Training.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nigeria has no answer to SA mechanised infantry. The later at its disposal has 60mm long range mortars,Anti-tank guided missiles,81mm mortars,automatic cannons which pierce T-55 armour,grenade launchers. A Nigeria soldier stepping out of his APC will feel like he can't on the amount of precise fire put on his unit. Shooting his AK-47 or supported by machine gunners in return his shot at by 40mm grenades(range:2km),assault rifles,60mm mortars(2km and 6km),81mm mortars,machine gun fire,cannon fire. SA infantry>Nigerian infantry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
conm: When it comes to hardcore, elite human beings, nothing can top military special forces units. Shows us what these incredible teams from around the world look like, and exactly zero of them appear to be anyone you'd ever want to mess with if you value your life. The facepaint on the Peruvian men might be the most intense I've ever seen.

These are the world’s most elite military teams. They’re highly trained, best equipped and well-prepared fighting units specializing in surgical military operations, from ending a hostage situation swiftly to stealthily eliminating top terrorists.

Yeah, pity the fools who get on the wrong side of any of these elite fighting forces. Please keep in mind that this fascinating list is in no particular order. We just hope you enjoy this one.

Sadly, only Tanzania in Africa made it in the list.

1. US Navy SEAL

2. British SAS

3. Huntsmen Corps : Danish Special Forces

4. French Special Forces

5. ROC (Taiwan) Special Forces with bullet proof face masks

6. Irish army rangers

7. Serbian Gendarmerie

8. MARSOC

9. Canadian counter terrorist group JTF2

10. Korean Special Forces

11. Dutch Special Forces

12. SBS

13. French Special Forces

14. Belgian Special Forces Group

15. Norwegion MJK

16. Canadian Joint Incident Response Unit (Nuclear, biological and chemical warfare defence)

17. Marinejegerkommandoen – Norwegian Navy Special Forces

18. French Commando Marine

19. Norwegian Armed Forces’ Special Command

20. New Zealand Special Forces

21. US Army Special Forces Sniper with Remington Modular Sniper Rifle

22. Polish GROM

23. U.S. Special Forces

24. Indonesian Special Forces Command

25. Romanian Special Forces

26. Australian SASR

27. Tanzanian Special Forces In Congo

28. German KSK (Army / Special Forces)

29. German Army Special Forces the KSK

30. Shayetet 13 (Israeli Special Forces)

31. Russian Special Forces: Spetsnaz

32. Austrian special forces: Jagdkommando

33. Iraqi special forces

34. Kampfschwimmer (Combat Swimmers) from Germany’s elite SEK-M special forces

35. Peruvian Army special forces

http://news.distractify.com/people/special-forces-from-all-over-the-world/
http://atchuup.com/badass-elite-fighting-units/

This list is rubbish. Firstly why people love putting SEALS above the Delta force the former is used for missions which will be publicly acknowledged,expose etc. Also look at number 21 if someone is gonna rank a unit above others cause of sniping skills,then the british should be above the rest. Coming to Africa,you're lying if you gonna talk about African special forces without mentioning SA SF and Zimbabwe SF both are battle tested. When was the last time Tanzanians SF units ever went to battle? In Congo they operated under the UN with Malawi and South Africa in the FIB. Russian SF were scared of the SA SF in Angola.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2014
L O L

kwame tut: SANDF STOP TALKING WARFARE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE WAY BELOW YOU (Naaigayria). I would have like to see North African Arab nations blogging with you guys not NOBODIES. How much do these monkeys earn

A RSA MINE WORKER EARNS HIGHER THAN THESE MONKEYS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by homerac7: 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
@ All

INFORMATION

NNS Aradu has left the dry dock at Wilmot Point. It is currently sitting at the navy dockyard, NNS Quorra. In other words it has completed its refit and is back in service. Although paint work hasn't been done on it as at the last time I saw it at the dockyard because one can see patches of where work were done on its hull. Tried taking pictures but my phone couldn't zoom in enough.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by conm: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Mike..ZA:
This list is rubbish. Firstly why people love putting SEALS above the Delta force the former is used for missions which will be publicly acknowledged,expose etc. Also look at number 21 if someone is gonna rank a unit above others cause of sniping skills,then the british should be above the rest. Coming to Africa,you're lying if you gonna talk about African special forces without mentioning SA SF and Zimbabwe SF both are battle tested. When was the last time Tanzanians SF units ever went to battle? In Congo they operated under the UN with Malawi and South Africa in the FIB. Russian SF were scared of the SA SF in Angola.

You are such a fool! all liberation movements were trained by Tanzanians. Your president Jocob Zuma was as well trained in Tanzania so was namibia president (Pohamba) and Mozambique president (Guebuza) the current Zimbabwean top commander (Gen Constantine Chiwengwa) was trained in Tanzania the list is so long. Zimbabwe or SA are nothing short of pathetic!! The list is rubbish simply because your chicken forces are not in the list??

the site has indicated pretty well "Please keep in mind that this fascinating list is in no particular order. We just hope you enjoy this one."

lot of butthurt people around here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.