Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? (9413 Views)

Enugu Civil Disturbances: Ugwuanyi Promises To Get To The Root Of The Matter / Saudi Iranian Rivalry Polarizes Nigerian Muslims / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Are you trying to be one sided or what? Calling you omo igbo is nothing to we yorubas, because we see it as nothing and not abuse. Even the omo una things and Igbos are just mere play here. Now why don't you talk about what you people call us too. Like omo Yoruba, Yorobba, yorubastard, afonja, cone head, skull miners which we don't even count?
The name calling on both sides, except when strictly for jokes needs to stop.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
This is one reason I can never hate Yorubas even if I wanted to: Because Yorubas have Igbos among them, and I don't play with Igbo affairs.
Yeah, if any igbos think I hate igbo because I am having fun here, that person is only hurting himself. I have many as friends. OK, I am telling you that my brother which is our first born is married to an mbise lady, I couldn't go for the wedding then because I was young and had to stay and take care of my late grandma then. They have two boys together of which the boys can't speak yoruba, but igbo and English. But that didn't not worry us.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:

The name calling on both sides, except when strictly for jokes needs to stop.
Yea, but I am sure, the Yorubas don't count anything that happens here. We only see it as fun.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Yea, but I am sure, the Yorubas don't count anything that happens here. We only see it as fun.
Gotze1:
Yeah, if any igbos think I hate igbo because I am having fun here, that person is only hurting himself. I have many as friends. OK, I am telling you that my brother which is our first born is married to an mbise lady, I couldn't go for the wedding then because I was young and had to stay and take care of my late grandma then. They have two boys together of which the boys can't speak yoruba, but igbo and English. But that didn't not worry us.
Gotze1:
May God bless both our tribes, Yoruba and Igbo. You are right. So much of it is fun, like the name checkers stuff. Lol.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Yeah, a lot of it is fun.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Rotimik: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
blacq2009:
Please Nairalanders, what is the root cause of this Igbo/Yoruba rivalry? These two tribes don't see eye to eye. Why is that so?

We the Yoruba people do not hate Igbo people nor feel the need to compete with them over anything. We have always given them equal rights and previledges in the SW.

The problem is that some (not all) Igbos think that if you disagree with them over some issues like politics, you hate them and therefore you are their enemy. This ought not to be so
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Rotimik: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
May God bless both our tribes, Yoruba and Igbo. You are right. So much of it is fun, like the name checkers stuff. Lol.

We love our Igbo brothers and sisters from the depths of our hearts.

We only wish them health and prosperity .

The fun we poke at each other on this forum should not be taken too seriously.

I believe our discussions and arguments on this forum is helping us to understand each other better.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Rotimik: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
expensiveguyman:
D Genesis of d rivalry is that after their forefathers join hands with d North to discredit d igbos after d civil war.
We still went ahead and become very successful and even hv d privilege to buy almost all their land and turn them into tenants in their own land.
So Afonjas are envious of d igbos bcoz of dis simple reason.

That is not correct. Igbos may have large presence and property ownership in a few areas of Lagos, those few areas does not amount to all of Lagos.

It is even rare to see a Yoruba person who rented a house or apartment from an Igbo person. I have lived in Lagos all my life and am yet to witness one. It is usually the other way round.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by rlauncher(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
blacq2009:
Please Nairalanders, what is the root cause of this Igbo/Yoruba rivalry? These two tribes don't see eye to eye. Why is that so?

We have always shown kindness to Igbos in Yorubaland, but they have a distorted view of us which hurt very much.

No matter how much we try to explain things to them, they just won't listen. They hold on to their preconceived notions about us even when reality (as they live and work among us), proves to them the otherwise .They stick to what they had been brainwashed in the SE to believe about us.

Nevertheless, we love Igbo people. We are all Nigerians. Just to inform you, I have Igbo people in my employ, so no hatred. One love.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by sambos994(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
Can someone explain what they get out of this igbo vs yoruba fighting?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
sambos994:
Can someone explain what they get out of this igbo vs yoruba fighting?
Long lasting Yoruba er3ctions, suitable for m@sturbation cheesy cheesy cheesy

ask oladeebo and danladi7

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by oodualover: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
Rotimik:

I believe our discussions and arguments on this forum is helping us to understand each other better.
Ogbeni shut your mouth. Who are the we? Igbos don't like us. If you want to know, then wait till the time there is a crises between us and the Fulanis or Hausas. That is when you will see them celebrating.
I don't like eboes at all. Let them stay on their own. We don't share any similarity.
Simple!!!

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
oodualover:

Ogbeni shut your mouth. Who are the we? Igbos don't like us. If you want to know, then wait till the time there is a crises between us and the Fulanis or Hausas. That is when you will see them celebrating.
I don't like eboes at all. Let them stay on their own. We don't share any similarity.
Simple!!!
Make love not war grin grin

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by oodualover: 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2017
giftq:

Make love not war grin grin
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by goldrushbooks: 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
mrhowoto:

Why are dogs like the one I am quoting being allowed to comment on nairaland. Wonders shall never end.

Who gave this slowpoke phone! Idiot every where.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
oodualover:
[s][/s]
LOL

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Rotimik:

Abi o. May God grant both ethnic groups happiness. Amen.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by mrhowoto: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
goldrushbooks:

Who gave this slowpoke phone! Idiot every where.
E pain am
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:

Abi o. May God grant both ethnic groups happiness. Amen.
Oodualover does not want this
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by oodualover: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
zenmaster:

LOL
And who told you I don't support Biafra?

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by 7lives: 4:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jaideyone:
oh so now i'm an ibo hater because i refuse to swallow his lies that ibos were invading ife during moremi's time? could you pls bring a link to support such claims or forever remain silent

i wonder why you kids enjoy twisting history to fit your delusion

From his deluded mind?, .kkkkkkkkkk.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by docsholz(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nigeria is the cause, these 2 tribes have no business being in the same country

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by oodualover: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
docsholz:
I can't agree more. Nigeria is the reason why we hate ourselves. Yes, we interrelate with each other, but when it is time for interest, that is when you will know how disunited we are.
Let us go our seperate ways. We can become great neighbors and will trade with each other

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by diadem10: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
If you like Dontgoandreadhistory, Fallacious revisionism is so not ok.
They are Ugbo, not Igbo. Ugbo are Yoruba in Ondo state.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
diadem10:

They are Ugbo, not Igbo. Ugbo are Yoruba in Ondo state.
The Ugbodu in Delta Igbo, who are they? Why is Obatala called Oba Igbo?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Duru1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Rotimik:

That is not correct. Igbos may have large presence and property ownership in a few areas of Lagos, those few areas does not amount to all of Lagos.

It is even rare to see a Yoruba person who rented a house or apartment from an Igbo person. I have lived in Lagos all my life and am yet to witness one. It is usually the other way round.

Are you alive or walking death? There are many Igbo landlords in Lagos who have Yari.ba peeps as tenants. This is not a big deal. I lived in palm grove, Lagos for years and in my complex, which is owned by my family, have many Yari.ba as tenants.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2017
7lives:

From his deluded mind?, .kkkkkkkkkk.
Trash
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Duru1(m): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
docsholz:

It is inhuman to have Yari.ba as compatriots. Ndigbo are working very hard to end such idiotic scenario. I shall never rest until the zoo called Nigeria is disintegrated.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
Duru1:

Are you alive or walking death? There are many Igbo landlords in Lagos who have Yari.ba peeps as tenants. This is not a big deal. I lived in palm grove, Lagos for years and in my complex, which is owned by my family, have many Yari.ba as tenants.
Easy bro

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2017
Duru1:

It is inhuman to have Yari.ba as compatriots. Ndigbo are working very hard to end such idiotic scenario. I shall never rest until the zoo called Nigeria is disintegrated.
Yes, rest you will never see till you end up. Cos you will keep trying in your one room apartment but will not see rest.

APC Lose Two Members To PDP In Benue State House Of Assembly / Addax’s Latest Oil Discovery Is Not Good News For Imo State / Attention!!!!!!!!!!!Any Correlation Btw The Hate For Jonathan And That For Igbos