Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? (9417 Views)

Enugu Civil Disturbances: Ugwuanyi Promises To Get To The Root Of The Matter / Saudi Iranian Rivalry Polarizes Nigerian Muslims / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
igbodefender:
It started in the 10th century- after Moremi, a beautiful Yoruba woman married Obatala Oreluere, the Igbo king of Ile Ife. She learnt Igbo strategies the Igbo warriors were using against the Yoruba who had occupied Ife and told them.

That led to the defeat of the Igbos of Ile Ife. But many Igbos and Yorubas have since become friends and couples. So that is ancient history.
hahahahahaha did you hit your head or something? so king Obateru (in current ondo state) whose ancestors used to invade Ife is IBO?

clown stop trying to change history: D futile effort. your fore fathers were busy chasing bush meat naked when yorubas were busy conquering lands and expanding. that explains why Oyo and Ogun states alone can swallow up 5 of your states grin

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Danladi7:

What is the relationship between the post you quoted and hatred for Igbo?

Igbo and persecutory delusions are like 5 and 6.

Always think everyone hates them cool
according to his own logic king Obateru is a direct descendant of some ibo ape that used to occupy ondo state. don't mind that clown

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
hahahahahaha did you hit your head or something? so king Obateru (in current ondo state) whose ancestors used to invade Ife is IBO?

clown stop trying to change history: D futile effort. your fore fathers were busy chasing bush meat naked when yorubas were busy conquering lands and expanding. that explains why Oyo and Ogun states alone can swallow up 5 of your states grin

Are you aware that the Igbos're the Proto Bantus? Today the Bantus number 250 million, populating several countries in Central and Southern Africa; including Ama Zulu (umu Zulu), of South Africa?

Goansitdown.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
igbodefender:

Are you aware that the Igbos're the Proto Bantus? Today the Bantus number 250 million, populating several countries in Central and Southern Africa; including Ama Zulu (umu Zulu), of South Africa?

Goansitdown.
buahahahahahaha so south Africans are also IBO descendants? you guys are no longer Jews? grin you really hit your head hard

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
according to his own logic king Obateru is a direct descendant of some ibo ape that used to occupy ondo state. don't mind that clown
If you like Dontgoandreadhistory, Fallacious revisionism is so not ok.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Habakus: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Did you bother to any research before typing trash up there? Hatred of Igbos is automatic to you! Very shameful display!
My brother, you just wasted your precious time responding to that chronic ignorant Igbo hater. Even if you teleport him back to Ile Ife of those days, his hatred would never allow him to be objective.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
buahahahahahaha so south Africans are also IBO descendants? you guys are no longer Jews? grin you really hit your head hard
Have you ever heard the saying, 'Igbo bu mmuo'? We are just too great. That's why all the hate, envy, coverups, lies etc.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
Habakus:

My brother, you just wasted your precious time responding to that chronic ignorant Igbo hater. Even if you teleport him back to Ile Ife of those days, his hatred would never allow him to be objective.
Hahaha. Thanks for tip. Seems he is quite popular for his sentiments toward Igbo bu Igbo.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Have you ever heard the saying, 'Igbo bu mmuo'? We are just too great. That's why all the hate, envy, coverups, lies etc.
delusion of grandeur. of course every ethnic group believes in it's own greatness

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
blacq2009:
Please Nairalanders, what is the root cause of this Igbo/Yoruba rivalry? These two tribes don't see eye to eye. Why is that so?
cc
Vivere
Oladeebo
Omenkalives
T9ksy
shukuokukobambi
Sarrki, LionDeLeo, MalcolmX, FriendNG, Omenka, Rawani, ItsMeAboki, NafeesaAA, Madridguy, Midolian, Fulanmafia, Blues20, fizznation, Gavelslam, Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
Habakus:

oh so now i'm an ibo hater because i refuse to swallow his lies that ibos were invading ife during moremi's time? could you pls bring a link to support such claims or forever remain silent

i wonder why you kids enjoy twisting history to fit your delusion

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
delusion of grandeur. of course every ethnic group believes in it's own greatness
Yorubas are great too.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Leez(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
giftq:

cc
Vivere
Oladeebo
Omenkalives
T9ksy
shukuokukobambi
Sarrki, LionDeLeo, MalcolmX, FriendNG, Omenka, Rawani, ItsMeAboki, NafeesaAA, Madridguy, Midolian, Fulanmafia, Blues20, fizznation, Gavelslam, Mynd44, Lalasticlala
u forgot draabey and python1 grin
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Leez:

u forgot draabey and python1 grin
LMAO
the everlasting sai barbarian zombies of Nigger-area cheesy cheesy

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Leez(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
oodualover:
Afonjas are shameless things that always bow to dia gambari and igbo masters. They envy us and wait to see our downfall.
They will always be our antagonist. Even when Nigeria disintegrates.
Bleep Afonja skullminers
Fixed
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Leez(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
giftq:
LMAO the everlasting sai barbarian zombies of Nigger-area cheesy cheesy
grin grin i tells u

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by knowledgeable: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
blacq2009:
Please Nairalanders, what is the root cause of this Igbo/Yoruba rivalry? These two tribes don't see eye to eye. Why is that so?

They hate Igbos because of Nigeria,

Igbos saw them as brothers, intermingle and inter-marriage with them in Nigeria, more than they do with hausa/fulani, but as soon as Igbos demand a change in their situation in Nigeria, the Yorubas will quickly team up with hausa/fulani to commit genocide on the Igbos but will overlook heinous crimes of fulani headsmen/boko haram.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
Magoo10 if not for one i would have attacked....u

Look at this filthy yorubas, backstabbers, brood of chameleons insulting ur people......u are here replying the filthy thing oodualover whether na oladeebo who used to eat amala turned with toilet broom diplomatically

We dont need to cohabit with slys

Look at awolowo, victor banjo......and their likes they all met a disgraceful death........

Yorubas are forever slaves to hausa fulani.....
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by TheKingdom: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
The OP either is very lazy because there is much info that he could have read to form his own conclusion, or is an Arewa Youth trying to once again force dumb folks to waste time answering this same old question.

OP my question is why hasn't Buhari granted any public and live interview or made any live statements since leaving to "KONDON"
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by magoo10(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
Asidethetruth:
Magoo10 if not for one i would have attacked....u

Look at this filthy yorubas, backstabbers, brood of chameleons insulting ur people......u are here replying the filthy thing oodualover whether na oladeebo who used to eat amala turned with toilet broom diplomatically

We dont need to cohabit with slys

Look at awolowo, victor banjo......and their likes they all met a disgraceful death........

Yorubas are forever slaves to hausa fulani.....
i understand how you feel bro, but we got to take it easy ,one thing that cannot be taken away from us the igbos is the magnanimity of love we show, it flows freely and it is natural. God bless you my brother
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 7:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
Danladi7:

Igbo king of ile-ife

This Igbo people self grin
His head is paining him. He probably means ugbo, a town in present ondo state.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
igbodefender:
Read your history sometime. Igbos were the aborigines of Ile Ife. Yes, Yoruba own it but Igbo were the aborigines.
Shut up. We know difference between ugbo and igbo. Ugbos are Yoruba people from ondo state.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Danladi7:

What is the relationship between the post you quoted and hatred for Igbo?

Igbo and persecutory delusions are like 5 and 6.

Always think everyone hates them cool
No mind that one, ugbos are the people he was talking about. Ugbo people are in present day ondo state, ilaje local government. Don't mind him. Their king is the richest king in Nigeria and second in Africa.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Danladi7: 7:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
Gotze1:
No mind that one, ugbos are the people he was talking about. Ugbo people are in present day ondo state, ilaje local government. Don't mind him. Their king is the richest king in Nigeria and second in Africa.
they are very ignorant.

I like the way yorubas always burst them with facts and knowledge and not ordinary mouth and chestbeating.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Masterclass32: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
Strict regionalism or a loose confederation is what's best for Nigeria. Make all man dey their lane so all this childishness can stop.

We spend so much time bickering and opposing ourselves while the country sinks.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Habakus: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
oh so now i'm an ibo hater because i refuse to swallow his lies that ibos were invading ife during moremi's time? could you pls bring a link to support such claims or forever remain silent

i wonder why you kids enjoy twisting history to fit your delusion
In as much as you were not the person I referred to in my quote, I'll give you a few pointers : When a people is not very honest with their history, there's bound to be disaffection within them. Here's what the Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba Obateru said here : http://wakaaboutafrica.com/2017/01/04/feuding-facts-fiction-royal-ancestry/
He insisted that Oduduwa was not the founder of the Yorubas. Now, you don't have to dismiss his postulation with a wave of hand, because it is very certain that when Oduduwa came ( where he came from is debatable) , he met some people there. People were already on ground there.
Now the questions are :
Who were those people?
Were they Yorubas?
If they were Yorubas, why do some of the present Yorubas posit that Oduduwa was the progenitor of the Yorubas?
Now check this out :
The title of the ruler is ' Olugbo of Ugbo '.
Olugbo is clearly an ethnic Igbo word.
It even has the 'Olulo Udaume ' that is consistent and common in the Igbo language Structure.
The 'Ugbo ' itself is also an Igbo word.
All these are not by chance.
Also, Abeokuta which is a place presently in Sw is indisputably Igbo word.
Abeokuta simply means 'ebe okute,ie, place of stone. I'm very much aware that the Yorubas have a similar word for translated to stone. Ask yourself this: why such similarity? Does it mean the Igbos in far away east adopted that word in their language from the Yorubas from antiquity?
Or what?
You also have to take into account the story of Moremi of Yoruba history.
Who were the people Moremi manipulated?
There's another thing: If you objectively and carefully observe the physical appearance of the present day Yorubas, you'd see a very marked inconsistence in their physical characteristics.
Certain Yorubas from certain parts of Sw have more closer resemblance with the Igbos than the normal 'Yoruba characteristics'.
What does 'Ile ife' mean in Yoruba language?
The Internet is plentiful with rich sources were you can get the true account of Histories, if you know where to look with an open mind.
How do you think that the Yorubas came about the 'Igbo ' word in their language?
I leave you to research.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
Gotze1:
Shut up. We know difference between ugbo and igbo. Ugbos are Yoruba people from ondo state.
What is the difference, Mr I Sabi Am?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Duru1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
blacq2009:

Point of correction, Igbo and Yari.ba are not rivals. The problem between the two is centered on the Yari.ba teaming with northern region of Nigeria against Ndigbo during Nigeria/Biafra war.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
Habakus:

In as much as you were not the person I referred to in my quote, I'll give you a few pointers : When a people is not very honest with their history, there's bound to be disaffection within them. Here's what the Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba Obateru said here : http://wakaaboutafrica.com/2017/01/04/feuding-facts-fiction-royal-ancestry/
He insisted that Oduduwa was not the founder of the Yorubas. Now, you don't have to dismiss his postulation with a wave of hand, because it is very certain that when Oduduwa came ( where he came from is debatable) , he met some people there. People were already on ground there.
Now the questions are :
Who were those people?
Were they Yorubas?
If they were Yorubas, why do some of the present Yorubas posit that Oduduwa was the progenitor of the Yorubas?
Now check this out :
The title of the ruler is ' Olugbo of Ugbo '.
Olugbo is clearly an ethnic Igbo word.
It even has the 'Olulo Udaume ' that is consistent and common in the Igbo language Structure.
The 'Ugbo ' itself is also an Igbo word.
All these are not by chance.
Also, Abeokuta which is a place presently in Sw is indisputably Igbo word.
Abeokuta simply means 'ebe okute,ie, place of stone. I'm very much aware that the Yorubas have a similar word for translated to stone. Ask yourself this: why such similarity? Does it mean the Igbos in far away east adopted that word in their language from the Yorubas from antiquity?
Or what?
You also have to take into account the story of Moremi of Yoruba history.
Who were the people Moremi manipulated?
There's another thing: If you objectively and carefully observe the physical appearance of the present day Yorubas, you'd see a very marked inconsistence in their physical characteristics.
Certain Yorubas from certain parts of Sw have more closer resemblance with the Igbos than the normal 'Yoruba characteristics'.
What does 'Ile ife' mean in Yoruba language?
The Internet is plentiful with rich sources were you can get the true account of Histories, if you know where to look with an open mind.
How do you think that the Yorubas came about the 'Igbo ' word in their language?
I leave you to research.
Abeg, people shift make i faint. These people will soon tell you how the occupy Kano first, how kaduna is igbo name. I won faint. I must faint. Wait, seem Belgium is also an igbo name hehehehe. My people, come and carry me o. Ugbo and abeokuta igbo names. I yaff die. Mr habakus has brought another blockbuster. Na so one dey tell me the other day how Japan is igbo name called ja pa.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by nonso84(m): 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
Na nairaland cause am.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by PigCatcher: 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
blacq2009:

Good question. You must have noticed that it is the ibos that always start the aggression? throw tantrums and show unwarranted animosity towards the Yoruba. Sometimes the Yorubas respond sometimes it's better to just ignore. The reason a typical ibo hates a Yoruba might be connected to the civil war. The ibos believed they were betrayed by the Yorubas during the civil war and that without the intelligence and military prowess of the Yoruba, they (ibos) would have won that war.

Unfortunately while the later is true, the former isn't. The Yorubas never reached agreement with any ibo man dead or alive to support biafra agitation or make a similar agitation in the Yoruba land. However, a warped version of the civil war that portrays biafrans as victims and other tribes especially the Yorubas as their enemies is preached in every ibo home to their children. The ibo child is taught to hate, and they do that stupidly as they grow.

Malami: It Is Premature To Conclude Soldiers Used Live Ammunition At Lekki Toll / Will You Fight To Keep Nigeria One? / 2015: PDP Weighs The Jonathan Option

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56