Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? (9419 Views)

Enugu Civil Disturbances: Ugwuanyi Promises To Get To The Root Of The Matter / Saudi Iranian Rivalry Polarizes Nigerian Muslims / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Yeah, he's not enemy, even though the chief pig did not like him, he doesn't care. By the way, don't run from my question, are you real or fake igbo according to what your sister tossie said here. She even said without apology, means she does not give a damn what you think grin cheesy
Fashola will also know

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 9:30am On Nov 05, 2017
zenmaster:

Fashola will also know
So fashola should hate you again, we need to do all these to babies like igbos. Just a mere deportation, we all saw the overflowing of water from una eyes. Just lagoon warning, you run to ICC. If he doesn't do that, won't you run to ICC again?. We know ourselves and we know the Waka come.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
So fashola should hate you again, we need to do all these to babies like igbos. Just a mere deportation, we all saw the overflowing of water from una eyes. Just lagoon warning, you run to ICC. If he doesn't do that, won't you run to ICC again?. We know ourselves and we know the Waka come.
are u talking about our no-mans-land ?

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Okay, is borno not an igbo word be nu? What of England?
Let us ask you a quertion of our own: If the aborigines of Ile Ife were not Igbo, why was their Obatala (king) called Oba Igbo?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2017
In the Yoruba language Igbo and Yeeboe/ Yibbo mean very different things

So we have IjebuIgbo buut not IjebuYeebo
Igbonla but but Yeebonla
Igbo-Ora but not Igbo-Ora

Igbo is a common name prefix or suffix for many Yoruba towns but not Yibbo or Igbo

Just like in English Curtaiin and Cotton, ThaT and DART, HAT and HEART are completely different things

Any literate mind would have noproblem with those concepts

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 9:57am On Nov 05, 2017
Habakus:

In as much as you were not the person I referred to in my quote, I'll give you a few pointers : When a people is not very honest with their history, there's bound to be disaffection within them. Here's what the Olugbo of Ugbo, Oba Obateru said here : http://wakaaboutafrica.com/2017/01/04/feuding-facts-fiction-royal-ancestry/
He insisted that Oduduwa was not the founder of the Yorubas. Now, you don't have to dismiss his postulation with a wave of hand, because it is very certain that when Oduduwa came ( where he came from is debatable) , he met some people there. People were already on ground there.
Now the questions are :
Who were those people?
Were they Yorubas?
If they were Yorubas, why do some of the present Yorubas posit that Oduduwa was the progenitor of the Yorubas?
Now check this out :
The title of the ruler is ' Olugbo of Ugbo '.
Olugbo is clearly an ethnic Igbo word.
It even has the 'Olulo Udaume ' that is consistent and common in the Igbo language Structure.
The 'Ugbo ' itself is also an Igbo word.
All these are not by chance.
Also, Abeokuta which is a place presently in Sw is indisputably Igbo word.
Abeokuta simply means 'ebe okute,ie, place of stone. I'm very much aware that the Yorubas have a similar word for translated to stone. Ask yourself this: why such similarity? Does it mean the Igbos in far away east adopted that word in their language from the Yorubas from antiquity?
Or what?
You also have to take into account the story of Moremi of Yoruba history.
Who were the people Moremi manipulated?
There's another thing: If you objectively and carefully observe the physical appearance of the present day Yorubas, you'd see a very marked inconsistence in their physical characteristics.
Certain Yorubas from certain parts of Sw have more closer resemblance with the Igbos than the normal 'Yoruba characteristics'.
What does 'Ile ife' mean in Yoruba language?
The Internet is plentiful with rich sources were you can get the true account of Histories, if you know where to look with an open mind.
How do you think that the Yorubas came about the 'Igbo ' word in their language?
I leave you to research.
stop making a fool of yourself. if had read the first paragraph of your link you don't be sounding like a mor0n.

in the link the olugbo claims oduduwa met his father in Yoruba land and so his own town ugbo should be the spiritual capital of Yoruba land and his father/ancestors should be the real father of yorubas. where in the article does his opinion support your jaundiced claim of ugbo being of Igbo ancestry?

ugbo is a town is ondo state and olugbo simply means the owner of ugbo not some dvmb ibo word that exists in your mind. so ibos settled in ugbo town and then adopted Yoruba? does that make sense to you.

once again stop making a fool of yourself. no single inch of Yoruba land has ibo ancestry. we no be mates. back when we were building cities and a Democratic system of empires like the Oyo empire you ibos were still busy chasing bush rats naked and killing twins. we won't even be having this argument if the white man didn't come and pull you out of the dark ages.

as for your dvmb claim to Abeokuta. I'm from Abeokuta and the word simply means under the rock which is clearly in reference to the olumo rock where my ancestors kept their wives and children during war. stop laying dvmb claims all over kid. even your ibo professors dear not make such mumu claim just because they feel olugbo is similar to one shitty ibo word.

both ugbo and my city of origin Abeokuta are Yoruba cities with fullhistories of kings, empires, territories and wars dating back to 1000AD or even earlier. You ibos haven't been able to give us your full history with verifiable facts. all we get from you IBO's has been gibberish.

you guys are still confused whether you are jews. keep your confusion in your region. ugbo and Abeokuta were never ibo territories!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
Let us ask you a quertion of our own: If the aborigines of Ile Ife were not Igbo, why was their Obatala (king) called Oba Igbo?
igbo has many meaning in yoruba and with different sound.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by aribisala0(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
Not to be confused with Yibbo
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2017
aribisala0:
Not to be confused with Yibbo
cheesy

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
But in this case you want us to believe it is another set of Igbo that were in Ife?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
But in this case you want us to believe it is another set of Igbo that were in Ife?
no
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 05, 2017
aribisala0:
In the Yoruba language Igbo and Yeeboe/ Yibbo mean very different things

So we have IjebuIgbo buut not IjebuYeebo
Igbonla but but Yeebonla
Igbo-Ora but not Igbo-Ora

Igbo is a common name prefix or suffix for many Yoruba towns but not Yibbo or Igbo

Just like in English Curtaiin and Cotton, ThaT and DART, HAT and HEART are completely different things

Any literate mind would have noproblem with those concepts

You have just confirmed that we are both referring to the same ethnic group, because there is nothing like Yibbo or Igbo.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2017
knowledgeable:

They hate Igbos because of Nigeria,

Igbos saw them as brothers, intermingle and inter-marriage with them in Nigeria, more than they do with hausa/fulani, but as soon as Igbos demand a change in their situation in Nigeria, the Yorubas will quickly team up with hausa/fulani to commit genocide on the Igbos but will overlook heinous crimes of fulani headsmen/boko haram.
lol@ quickly team up. yorubas were still sitting on the fence when oju iku your cowardly lord invaded ore. Yorubas became active in the war after the invasion of ore. you asked for trouble and we gave it to you. now you are crying cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by aribisala0(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:

You have just confirmed that we are both referring to the same ethnic group, because there is nothing like Yibbo or Igbo.

Oh but there is in Yoruba language. Definitely!

I don't know about that other thiing that youu speak. But in Yoruba ti ijinle

There is Yeeboe which is veryy distinct from Igbo.

The former refers to a savage African tribe and the later to a Farm,bush,forest etc .It can also mean cannabis

1 Like

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2017
aribisala0:

The former refers to a savage African tribe and the later to a Farm,bush,forest etc .It can also mean cannabis
Femi Aribisala0 cheesy

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
no
Kindly explain. We are listening and will like to learn something new.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Jaideyone(m): 10:23am On Nov 05, 2017
Asidethetruth:
Magoo10 if not for one i would have attacked....u

Look at this filthy yorubas, backstabbers, brood of chameleons insulting ur people......u are here replying the filthy thing oodualover whether na oladeebo who used to eat amala turned with toilet broom diplomatically

We dont need to cohabit with slys

Look at awolowo, victor banjo......and their likes they all met a disgraceful death........

Yorubas are forever slaves to hausa fulani.....
lol painment. who wants to cohabit with fraudulent drug mules and perpetual cry babies cum victims? D; you called us back stabbers but you always forget we only dealt with you after you invaded ore. that was ojukwu's greatest mistake in the war. if he had kept his madness out of Yoruba land you ibos won't be crying for over 50yrs now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2017
aribisala0:

zenmaster:

Femi Aribisala0 cheesy
Na you sabi cheesy Igbo kwenu is the only Igbo tribe in the world. cool Proudly Igbo!
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
no
Still waiting for the lecture, Oga.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
Na you sabi cheesy Igbo kwenu is the only Igbo tribe in the world. cool Proudly Igbo!
dont mind afonja

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
Kindly explain. We are listening and will like to learn something new.
they are talking about the bush people not igbo of eastern nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
zenmaster:

are u talking about our no-mans-land ?
Yes he needed to, don't forget, we condemned him too because we felt he did bad to you guys. Hope your kids are learning Yoruba language.
Our masquerade is called EYO.
Eyo oooo, eyo oooo
Eyo aye ile eyo oooo
Eyo baba wa ti n fi goolu n seere
Awa o sanwo onibode o dile eyo ooo
Eeee eyo ooo funfun nini eyo mori ireeeee.

Awa la leko ooo eh, eko o ni baje o, awa leko oo eeee.
Awon Igbos le loku sokun, awa laleko eeee. Sorry ehn.
Even if we deport you from osun ICC will still talk. By the way, I am hoping for a day Nigerian will even have a debate on one of your cities like you people do about our city of Lagos. That will be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
You dey mind am. Ife people called them awon ara igbo (bush people) because they always dress with bushes to cover themselves like monsters. This flattie thought they were talking about them. If you talk about igbo(cannabis), igbo(bush), agbo(concoction), igba(calabash), igba(garden egg), igba(two hundred) and igba(when). They will think you are talking about them grin. See how that one thought ugbo people are igbo. I don't know when ondo people and flattie people have name in common. So hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
How are you sure these 'bush' Igbos of Ile Ife or South West as you call them are not the same Igbos of today's South East and South South Nigeria?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
How are you sure these 'bush' Igbos of Ile Ife or South West as you call them are not the same Igbos of today's South East and South South Nigeria?
because they still exist now,even they have king.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
We always tell you people to learn so that you don't be of disgrace to the society.

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
because they still exist now,even they have king.
Of course they do. The Oluyare or Igare. The Lucumi. The Olukwumi people. The Great people of Irange. We know. The Owu. Long live Obalufe. Long live Ooni, the Yoruba king that has kept all Ife as one united family, unlike what some others would have done.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
You dey mind am. Ife people called them awon ara igbo (bush people) because they always dress with bushes to cover themselves like monsters. This flattie thought they were talking about them. If you talk about igbo(cannabis), igbo(bush), agbo(concoction), igba(calabash), igba(garden egg), igba(two hundred) and igba(when). They will think you are talking about them grin. See how that one thought ugbo people are igbo. I don't know when ondo people and flattie people have name in common. So hilarious.
The same way you call us Igbos, and Igbo is the same way these fellow Igbos of mine were also called bush people. So the calling Igbos nicknames, like Omo Nna, developer, Omo Igbo, Igbo, etc., no be today e start. Even in the 10th century, it was happening. Only no social media then.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
Is obatala ever been king in Yoruba land? Abi I didn't know what obatala is again? If obatala is oba igbo as you claimed, why didn't you igbos refer to him? Cos I never heard where igbo talks about him before but amadioha. Are you just prolonging this cos you want to have fun with your phone?
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2017
This is one reason I can never hate Yorubas even if I wanted to: Because Yorubas have Igbos among them, and I don't play with Igbo affairs.
Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Gotze1: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2017
igbodefender:
The same way you call us Igbos, and Igbo is the same way these fellow Igbos of mine were also called bush people. So the calling Igbos nicknames, like Omo Nna, developer, Omo Igbo, Igbo, etc., no be today e start. Even in the 10th century, it was happening. Only no social media then.

Are you trying to be one sided or what? Calling you omo igbo is nothing to we yorubas, because we see it as nothing and not abuse. Even the omo una things and Igbos are just mere play here. Now why don't you talk about what you people call us too. Like omo Yoruba, Yorobba, yorubastard, afonja, cone head, skull miners which we don't even count?

1 Like

Re: Igbo/yoruba Rivalry: What's The Root Cause? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2017
Gotze1:
Is obatala ever been king in Yoruba land? Abi I didn't know what obatala is again? If obatala is oba igbo as you claimed, why didn't you igbos refer to him? Cos I never heard where igbo talks about him before but amadioha. Are you just prolonging this cos you want to have fun with your phone?
Go and ask a deep Ife indigene to tell you more about Obatala, the Oba Igbo, or google it right now to learn more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Electricity: Ondo Community Seals Deal With IPP / Defection: Zamfara Gov Matawalle Free To Decide His Political Future – PDP / TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.