Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted (59450 Views)

PDP Wins All Eight Seats In Bayelsa LGA Elections / Why OBJ, Jonathan, Other Former Leaders Boycotted May 29, June 12 – Shehu Sani / Enugu LGA Chairmen Deny Going Into Hiding Because Of EFCC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Donkay82: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
PenSniper:
I'm very happy and impressed.
Congratulations to IPOB and NK.
stop fooling yourselves with lies I just watched highlights on ETV,as I am talking to you there is celebration around coal city garden by some PDP aspirants
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
maasoap:

The world is watching............ And then what?
It is a good starting point. Are you happy with the state of things in our country Nigeria. Be objective and answer me truly. No bias.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by eaglez(m): 8:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
These people self,they will now make the governor to start crying.mtchewwww

4 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Kingsley1000(m): 8:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
the ones we've been voting,what have we benefitted

7 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by chosengocap: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
honourhim:

You are free to boycott but don't complain about your local government chairman tomorrow if he is not working. That will amount to gross stupidity on your part.
which LGA is working in Nigeria? Yeye

4 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Amarabae(f): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good one.
Bravo to enugu people if it is true.
Enough is enough.
South east is bigger than Rwanda,Israel,Gambia,Luxermborg,etc yet they are independent countries.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by maasoap(m): 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
chipet67:
How will they put a candidate when nobody voted ?
Why would nobody voted? There are party agents, candidates themselves and politicians too.
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by koolbe(m): 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ipob terrorists and their propaganda. There was restriction of movement between 8 and 4 to prevent election rigging which is normal in Nigerian elections. People walked to their poln units and voted massively. New haven, Ogui, independence layout where I visited had a large turn out.

Disregard these people and their fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by maasoap(m): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
MIPNIG:

It is a good starting point. Are you happy with the state of things in our country Nigeria. Be objective and answer me truly. No bias.
No, I'm not happy.
Now, did boycott have to do with the state of things in Nigeria? Like boycotting elections just to demand for better governance?
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
koolbe:
Ipob terrorists and their propaganda. There was restriction of movement between 8 and 4 to prevent election rigging which is normal in Nigerian elections. People walked to their poln units and voted massively. New haven, Ogui, independence layout where I visited had a large turn out.

It is in your interest for winners to emerge thus the IPOB tag on those who decided to protest with their vote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by ydis: 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
do our efforts and votes count in the local government election? if we must tell ourselves the truth, we should know that boycotting all elections in Nigeria is the best thing to do right now since politicians always surround themselves with heavy armed security agents. we can't continue to vote them into power to loot. it has just begun, Anambara election will be a big eye opener to the politicians. let's pray it works.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
maasoap:

No, I'm not happy.
Now, did boycott have to do with the state of things in Nigeria? Like boycotting elections just to demand for better governance?
Indeed it is a protest. Wether done by IPOB members or disgruntled law abiding citizens.

Remember IPOB has been proscribed, therefore Nigerians in the east are at liberty to exercise their fundamental rights to protest. Would you not consider that appropriate?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
When people kill for power, rig elections and bribe their way to government positions, they are definitely not doing it to serve a people.

This is the father of all corruption.
When PVC distribution in Borno achieved over 90% collection rates and PVC collection rate in Lagos is low/registered voters in Lagos can’t find their PVCs because INEC says there was a mix up, something is fundamentally wrong.

When Kano witnessed 100% voters turnout and all votes counted for Buhari, something is wrong! Yet Buhari’s mantra is to fight corruption.

It is curious that the current INEC chairman hasn’t done anything to correct this abnormally.

We need to fight for the decency of our society and for a better Nigeria for our children.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Ten06(m): 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
When they announced the winner and you discovered that your enemy has won the election you will be like

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by nghubs1(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Movement was restricted, thus the streets and market will be empty. Packing up means election is over and electorates have gone home. The pics doesn't prove anything, there was massive turn out in my polling unit
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Dreadful: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
seunmsg:

It's none of my business if you care or not. I only told you the truth. The winner of the election you boycotted will rule over you whether you like it or not.
We still maintain that WE DON'T CARE!!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by nghubs1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mind you a winner will always emerge whether you boycott election or not. Boycotting election is just like telling the best election rigger to take over
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by nghubs1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Dreadful:
We still maintain that WE DON'T CARE!!
Very soon you will start crying, things are hard,but you threw away your opportunity to make a choice
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by onatisi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
Donkay82:
stop fooling yourselves with lies I just watched highlights on ETV,as I am talking to you there is celebration around coal city garden by some PDP aspirants
leave dem . their eyes will soon clear. they just gave some aspirants free ride to power

1 Like

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by onatisi(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
nghubs1:
Mind you a winner will always emerge whether you boycott election or not. Boycotting election is just like telling the best election rigger to take over
they wont listen, they always think they are the smartest grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by ugomsinachibia: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2017
EricIyke:
Breaking: Bomb Explosion at Coal Camp Area Of Enugu State.
Sharap
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Pillyportions(f): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
myright:
y are u showing pictures of locked up markets? Was it nt announced that since there will be elections today that markets should be closed so that people will go and vote.... Keep on deceiving ursef
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Pillyportions(f): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
ugomsinachibia:

Sharap
no mind d idiot
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Pillyportions(f): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
onatisi:

they wont listen, they always think they are the smartest grin
don't mind him.... Later he come here and rant and the politician 'he voted for ' is nt working
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by MTKbudapest(m): 9:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nutase:
Liars

Nut case grin what makes you think they are lying?
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by valx2: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
charliman2012:
Illiterate is a disease. See as people are rejoicing their downfall. If you like vote or not vote someone will be picked to take that position. As Anambra case whether you vote or not a governor must emerge and you have no choice than to accept him in good faith. Tell me who is wise here?
CHECK THE BOLDED AND TELL ME WHO ELSE IS THE ILLITERATE HERE IF NOT YOU.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by redness: 9:05pm On Nov 04, 2017
You sulk so much on these peoples issue....They showed solidarity by doing so....rule them or not atleast they have proven theyre together...if they come out to vote youll still sulk on thier issue.....I think you have a problem....
seunmsg:

It's none of my business if you care or not. I only told you the truth. The winner of the election you boycotted will rule over you whether you like it or not.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by onatisi(m): 9:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pillyportions:
don't mind him.... Later he come here and rant and the politician 'he voted for ' is nt working

when i told them some few hours ago that their boycotting the election wont stop a winner from emerging , one of them was telling some full jackshit about voters register validation and rubbish like that.
mumu ppl just giving politicians free access to funds, i am sure some of those who won today would have lost if ppl had turned out to vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Notmyproblem: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pillyportions:
y are u showing pictures of locked up markets? Was it nt announced that since there will be elections today that markets should be closed so that people will go and vote.... Keep on deceiving ursef

Can you show us pictures/ video of people voting?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by xelly: 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2017
When we see seriousness in Nigeria, we will join but for now, Nigeria remains a zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by delexy123: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2017
Notmyproblem:

I like listening to opposing argument. Can you tell me your opinion on how voting/not voting impacts the lives of the masses in Nigeria. We all voted massively for the present administration but not too long into their tenure they gave their children/relations juicy jobs through the back door. Today those that voted are no different from those that didn't because we are all feeling the heat we all could as well not have voted and nothing would have changed.

I may be wrong but election in Nigeria is highly rigged so instead of the masses wasting their precious time and some of them getting killed why not step aside and let the politicians for once justify their rigging on a no-vote election.
Yes, I can step aside...but NOT for an agenda championing IPOB cause...
Re: Enugu LGA Elections Successfully Boycotted by Malawian(m): 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2017
koolbe:

you said there was restriction of movement, yet only you one visited three different places and only you one saw the massive voters turnout?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

See The Punishment Soldiers Gave These Guys (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is In London, He Went Through Malaysia — Orji Kalu / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.