Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? (17800 Views)

Pleases Bloggers, What's The Best Tool/site You Use For Keyword Research? / Which Data Plan Is Best For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by sKy007: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2017
onosbaba3310:

am using, window 10, i have change my auto update settings, it was really sucking my data, recently, so i have to format my system, and am seeing the effects, now, just Change that update settings
For me, I just disable updates from Windows services
Another unknown data sucker is Chrome browser, it doesn't obey "metered connection" status, it wants to update Chrome every two days with over 80mb..I did something to disable it completely
Firefox is reasonable, it informs you reminds you when you switch to a new Wi-Fi just in case that one is free

Meanwhile check this new Firefox Quantum that is super fast. The new technology allows it to use your inactive multicore processor directly instead of competing for RAM space with other applications

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Webman007: 7:45am On Nov 05, 2017
geunik:
If you are using windows 10 laptop, switch over to windows 7 now to save your data because the former have auto update of all software install. In windows 7, you can de-activate auto update. If you use android, stop background apps and uninstall apps that connect to internet whenever you open them like some stupid games

You can also on Windows 10

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by almustopha82(m): 7:46am On Nov 05, 2017
sainttobs:
I use a combo of mtn night data 25 naira for 500 mb nd glo 1K data plan during d day.
pls give us the code

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Threebear(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Everyone is now a blogger.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Webman007: 7:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Airtel on PC and glo or sometimes 9mobile on phone.
OS is Window 7
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Partnerbiz(f): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2017
Windows 10 is bad. My customer had to switch to 7 to help himself.

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by slye(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2017
onosbaba3310:

am using, window 10, i have change my auto update settings, it was really sucking my data, recently, so i have to format my system, and am seeing the effects, now, just Change that update settings

You don't need to revert to windows 7 because of this. On windows 10, Just go to services, and look for windows update. Then stop the service. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Obibrows: 8:10am On Nov 05, 2017
For affordable data, go to www.dataplan.com.ng
U will get 1GB for 600 valid for 3 months
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by 2shure: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2017
spectranet 40gig

but now that tstv is here
by next week sun
latest
i don buy am
use dia wifi 20gig things
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2017
Install ubuntu and firefox on your system; Windows 10 is malware. Use airtel 4k/10gb monthly plan if signal is good in your area, if not use the network that suits your location.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by pauljumbo: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:

Boss. It's MTN and Airtel o

3gb doesn't last up to 3 days when I use them on PC. Especially MTN.

You maybe using windows 10
It drains data
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nbote(m): 8:22am On Nov 05, 2017
Jus buy data from resellers .. It would help u cut down on how much u spend on data
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by sainttobs(m): 8:23am On Nov 05, 2017
almustopha82:
pls give us the code
text Night to 131 for 500 mb at #25. also sometimes i use 9mobile bcuz deir speed is fast. dey give me 150 mb (used to be 250mb) 4 night browsing wenever i recharge #200 in a week.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by pauljumbo: 8:25am On Nov 05, 2017
slye:

You don't need to revert to windows 7 because of this. On windows 10, Just go to services, and look for windows update. Then stop the service. Simple

Thank you it's so helpful
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by CallofDuty(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2017
For me I use MTN 1GB for 7 days..@N500..it mostly rolls over unused days but Airtel 1gb for 7days doesn't roll over days..u must be on MTN pulse or Airtel trybe to get this..dial *406# for MTN and *312# for Airtel..in all I use 2k for 4GB monthly..it's flexible for me..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2017
emmyw:
Depends On What You Do And How Much You Earn, If You Are Consistent, N10,000 - 18,000 Will Do Monthly

My dear our team spend more than this in a month.

Personally I spend about 8-10 monthly and we are 3 bloggers in Brainnews NG who are active bloggers so do the maths.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2017
BrutalJab:
I'm flexing my 12gb for 2.5k. It serves me well
Which network pls.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by emmyw(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2017
BrainnewsNg:

My dear our team spend more than this in a month.

Personally I spend about 8-10 monthly and we are 3 bloggers in Brainnews NG who are active bloggers so do the maths.
I Guess You Didn't Read My Post, I Also Spend More Than That, I Stated Clearly That It Depends On What One Do, If You Earn More Than $1000 Monthly, You Can Even Sub N30,000

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Firstinline(m): 9:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Ntel monthly plan, N2500 monthly plus bonus = 8gb, it's awesome.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by LilSmith55(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2017
I'm using Airtel Blackberry Complete Plan 1k - 3Gb... and I connect my laptop to hotspot... it last for about 2weeks

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nigerdeltaent(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2017
lol... i spend 1k weekly for my Airtel 1.5GB plan that comes with 100% bonus. that means i burn 3GB weekly with night plans too at N25 daily.

it all depends on your OS and how often you update. Glo is cheaper, but poor network.

so i rel on Airtel always.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Oluwolex2000(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2017
I USE MTNs' 5Gig for #2700 and it lasts well. To know how, send a mail to @gmail.com, I will give you contacts...
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by zazigift: 9:25am On Nov 05, 2017
What time do the night browsing start?
sainttobs:

text Night to 131 for 500 mb at #25. also sometimes i use 9mobile bcuz deir speed is fast. dey give me 150 mb (used to be 250mb) 4 night browsing wenever i recharge #200 in a week.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Oluwolex2000(m): 9:34am On Nov 05, 2017
zazigift:
What time do the night browsing start?

12 am to 4am
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Rinsola32(f): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2017
cybriz82:
get etisalat 15GB for 3500

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked or you wanted to type 5GB for 3500

What's the code for this plan, please?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by bedfordng(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2017
Why no go for NTEL unlimited monthly plan for 12750 if u are in their coverage area
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by emdeey(m): 10:08am On Nov 05, 2017
Monthly

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by AlanSugar(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2017
BrutalJab:
I'm flexing my 12gb for 2.5k. It serves me well

Pls which network and how true is this?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by geunik(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2017
Webman007:

You can also on Windows 10
you can only if you are using hotspot. Hotspot users can set it to metered data. For modem users,you can not set the metered data. To cancel auto update in windows 10, you need to get to the system settings which you need to do anytime you switch on the system. However, just recently, a guy sued Microsoft corporation and they paid for damages for not making windows 10 auto update optional. They promise to remove that feature as soon as possible. However, i do not know if they have done that already
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by despam(m): 10:25am On Nov 05, 2017
cybriz82:
get etisalat 15GB for 3500

How is that possible?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Ignyte(m): 10:26am On Nov 05, 2017
Airtel 1,500 twice a month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? / Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / My Website Is Under Attack!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.