Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? (17799 Views)

Pleases Bloggers, What's The Best Tool/site You Use For Keyword Research? / Which Data Plan Is Best For Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Webman007: 10:32am On Nov 05, 2017
geunik:

you can only if you are using hotspot. Hotspot users can set it to metered data. For modem users,you can not set the metered data. To cancel auto update in windows 10, you need to get to the system settings which you need to do anytime you switch on the system. However, just recently, a guy sued Microsoft corporation and they paid for damages for not making windows 10 auto update optional. They promise to remove that feature as soon as possible. However, i do not know if they have done that already

Basically this ought to be optional....my advice though if one can't deal with the update is best to use Windows7....
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Tattooboy: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
onosbaba3310:
am using glo, and their plans are some how cheap, 1k for 3.2gb and so on, airtel and mtn are good too, but glo is still cheaper
1k for glo was changed to 1.6g some months ago that's y I switched to MTN.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Eze2000(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2017
geunik:
If you are using windows 10 laptop, switch over to windows 7 now to save your data because the former have auto update of all software install. In windows 7, you can de-activate auto update. If you use android, stop background apps and uninstall apps that connect to internet whenever you open them like some stupid games

no need to go that far back. windows 8.1 is fine

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Eze2000(m): 10:53am On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:

How long does it last? How do you prevent your PC from zapping too much data?

PC does not zap date, its your setungs, system or network.

me, I switch.I disable all updates on my until midnight when I go on airtel 25 naira for 500 mb. originally I use airtel bb plan 3 GB for 1k on my rooted android win bb imei. sometimes I can't finish it in a month.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by fowlyansh181(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2017
I buy monthly etisalat data from my sme seller 5k for 15gb and once I finish it I buy again . Since I discovered it , data has never been an issue for me ..
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2017
selfmadeOLX:
Enjoy uninterrupted Internet connection from the best and for less. wink

• 9Mobile (Etisalat) Available grin
5,000MB (5GB) - ₦2,000
10,000MB (10GB) - ₦3,000

Call, Text, WhatsApp Contact on signature.

ALWAYS AT YOUR SERVICE
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Eze2000(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2017
Brighte:
I use MTN 3.5gigs both for my phone and laptop. Window 10 has metered network by which you can stop background updates whenever you use Hotspot not modem o. . Win10 is the best window sofar I don't know why people like using older versions to compare with the new version. For me window 10 saves data more depending on how you set it. Then if you love watching YouTube videos don't worry you will have to spend nothing less than 6k a month.

How is the effect of battery
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by sheddyboy01(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:
I'm at the verge of losing my sanity to the way I spend outrageously on data plans.

Out of experience, which data plan is convenient for you and how do you manage it for a month?

lalasticlala
webincomeplus
onosbaba3310
donald3d
tosyne2much
finstar

I need your help.
If GLO signal is strong right where you are, that will save you a whole lot.

You can buy from us. You can equally check us out on facebook by searching for "DataParadise.NG .
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2017
Eze2000:

How is the effect of battery

is always plunged whenever am browsing.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by swagifted(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2017
2shure:
spectranet 40gig

but now that tstv is here
by next week sun
latest
i don buy am
use dia wifi 20gig things
abeg you sabi any person wey don de use tstv personally?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Eze2000(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Brighte:

is always plunged whenever am browsing.

I'm sure u are rich. if u have suffered the NEPA 30 minutes light a day phenomenon, u won't use windows 10 that's a b3 sucker.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Josh44s(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:

N10,000 - N18,000 on internet bundles? shocked

How much is my salary?

You dey mind that guy. Govt need do something about this constant extortion from all these Telecommunication companies. We are all in same shoes bro.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Josh44s(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2017
cybriz82:
get etisalat 15GB for 3500

You say wetin?

2 Likes

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Olasco93: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2017
sKy007:

For me, I just disable updates from Windows services
Another unknown data sucker is Chrome browser, it doesn't obey "metered connection" status, it wants to update Chrome every two days with over 80mb..I did something to disable it completely
Please help me on how to Disable mine. Can I have the Firefox Quantum and the old firefox on same system
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nlearn: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Ok Let My Help This Guy The Best I CAN

Am Using Spectranet and Glo

Take Note
Spectranet Charges n Window 10 No Be Here

But here is how am using my

For Spectranet
I Use 10k Plan which is 25G Plue Mid Night Free Browsing From 1am To 7am

so i use spectranet doing the midnight hours

While GLO 2500 FOR 10G Doing The Day Time

Na So I seem

If You are to use
Spectranet
Pls Dont Try To Use it for heavy work at day plan or ex.. you will end up borning 10g in a single day

DO AM WAITING ON TSTV

To see if they are working

Good Luck Bro
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Josh44s(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
Oluwolex2000:
I USE MTNs' 5Gig for #2700 and it lasts well. To know how, send a mail to @gmail.com, I will give you contacts...

How? What’s the code please
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by 2shure: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
i wan buy am b next week wed
i just hope they dnt mess up.
my question is
since its not portable.
na only wen light dey
u go fit use d wifi.
damn
swagifted:

abeg you sabi any person wey don de use tstv personally?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by webincomeplus(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:
I'm at the verge of losing my sanity to the way I spend outrageously on data plans.

Out of experience, which data plan is convenient for you and how do you manage it for a month?

lalasticlala
webincomeplus
onosbaba3310
donald3d
tosyne2much
finstar

I need your help.
MTN has the best network in my location. So, I use about 5GB of MTN data monthly.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by sainttobs(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
zazigift:
What time do the night browsing start?
12am to 4am for MTN and 12am to 5am for 9mobile.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Drummerboy15(m): 1:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
CocoBee:

Boss. It's MTN and Airtel o

3gb doesn't last up to 3 days when I use them on PC. Especially MTN.
still dont understand this mtn data When i subscribe a data plan and Connect to pc via hotspot it vanishes into thin air
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by belindar: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
These all boils down to the issue that all the networks are just swindle people money. Why can’t they do it like what obtain overseas where yo7 will be on plan and no matter how you use it, it does not cost extra.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by mubzynani: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
onosbaba3310:

am using, window 10, i have change my auto update settings, it was really sucking my data, recently, so i have to format my system, and am seeing the effects, now, just Change that update settings
How can I change on windows 7?
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Eze2000:

no need to go that far back. windows 8.1 is fine
Exactly, windows 8.1 is very stable.
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by evexx1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
onosbaba3310:
am using glo, and their plans are some how cheap, 1k for 3.2gb and so on, airtel and mtn are good too, but glo is still cheaper

Huh? 1k?for 3.2gb it's a lie
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by PhonePlanet(m): 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
geunik:
If you are using windows 10 laptop, switch over to windows 7 now to save your data because the former have auto update of all software install. In windows 7, you can de-activate auto update. If you use android, stop background apps and uninstall apps that connect to internet whenever you open them like some stupid games

Connect to your wifi, set network as metered connection, problem solved!
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by Jeel: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
geunik:

Gbam!!!
Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by PhonePlanet(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
evexx1:

Huh? 1k?for 3.2gb it's a lie
That's true!
#500 for 1.6GB
#1k for 3.2GB
#2k for 7.5GB (which I'm currently using)
And so on

1 Like

Re: Bloggers: What Data Plan Do You Use And How Do You Manage It? by cybriz82(m): 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
Josh44s:

You say wetin?
07032046840 call this number and thank me later,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Google Discriminate Against Nigeria (Africa)? / Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / My Website Is Under Attack!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.