Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? (10143 Views)

Amosun Under Tension To Resign As APM Supporters Curse Out Buhari / David Mark’s Daughter, Blessing Onuh Dumps PDP After Losing Reps Ticket / Nigeria’s Crude Oil: A Curse Or Blessing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Rmxr: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
It's like you people think we are all stupid on this forum lol. You can't be throwing figures around and expect us not to ask questions.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by mrhowoto: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Stay on purpose, or create a thread, mention us, and we shall gladly attend to you.

#Thanks

what an epic reply to that goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by mrhowoto: 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Leez:

grin grin grin
giving u nightmares grin
btw wats with the boom in rat poison sale in the waste?
Hahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
totit:

Abeg, oga, don't use my word, are you still insisting that the website are into real estate or not?

By the way, your made your conclusion (again), draw your own stats base on the oral statement that ibo dominate the real estate business,in nigeria. Anyway, let me not ask for facts since you've made your conclusion base on ibo real estate dominance in FCT,according to you,ofcourse grin.

No! You can't manipulate me with your rhetoric or WE stats,anymore.

Lmao.

I give up on you. grin

Lmao cheesy
Oral statement? Lol

Even written stat, once read become oral statement.

Anyway, that oral statement was made by a sitting FCT Minister, not just anybody. Google it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by totit: 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Oral statement? Lol

Even written stat, once read become oral statement.

Anyway, that oral statement was made by a sitting FCT Minister, not just anybody. Google it up.

I meant this, abeg, don't try to cover it up :
grin
Oral stats 1 :

Mallam El Rufai said that Igbos own 73% land in FCT. What this means that the other 200+ ethnic groups are sharing the other 27%.

Oral stats 2 :

This means that real estate in FCT are controlled by Igbos. If Igbos control real estate in a place as costly as Abuja, then Igbos are the highest owner of real estate in Nigeria.

Like I said earlier, no body can drag your oral figures with you but what annoys most of us is that you do so without honor. kiss

1 Like

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
totit:

I meant this, abeg, don't try to cover it up :
grin
Oral stats 1 :

Oral stats 2 :

Like I said earlier, no body can drag your oral figures with you but what annoys most of us is that you do so without honor. kiss
Are people this daft?

Which 1 is oral figure again?

That figure was given by El Rufai in 2007 and I quoted.

Google it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
totit:

My brother, the thing just dey annoy me sha. But since the dude is calm and seem to be logical and intelligent small nah Im I just dey make I maintain sh. grin cheesy
Lol.

Try and fight back with facts, instead of being sentimental.

Would you have done the same thing if I replace SE with SW and Igbo with Yoruba?

If you think Igbos are not up to 50 million, instead of resorting to insult, why not come up with a counter argument.

The way people are commenting here makes me question the quality of our education.

National Competitive Council of Nigeria released an index where SE was ranked so low. To us, this didn't reflect realities. Instead of throwing insults, we went back, study the criteria used in the ranking, scrutinize them and then found out some flaws.

We wrote an article on that.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rmxr:

Someone needs to pen a refutation of all the nonsense the mumu wrote lol before they start passing it as facts. There are too many zobos in the post and trust some Yorubas that don't think to believe them grin you don't even need to verify to know everything he wrote is rubbish. They just don't make any sense Cc AshiwajuFoward scholes0
We will welcome the refutation.

Insulting won't add anything to you.

Mention us when you do.

#Thanks. We wait.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rmxr:

Lol the problem is anytime they want to pacify Igbos for losing civil war, they tell them sweet lies even they themselves know make no sense. Igbos get excited and forget all the things they've been complaining about cos they have low self esteem. They know that's what they want to hear grin cheesy
Yorubas on Nairaland are different from the ones I have met. The virtual yorubas are something else.

Anyway, Goodluck.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rmxr:
It's like you people think we are all stupid on this forum lol. You can't be throwing figures around and expect us not to ask questions.
List the figures.

We will then point out how we arrived at them.

#Thanks
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Check out our new article.
Competitive Index: is this really reliable?

www.nairaland.com/4159209/competitive-index-really-reliable

The National competitive Council of Nigeria recently released competitive index for the 36 states and FCT, a look at that report shows that SE was ranked low.

#SEFacts ran an analysis on the criteria and data used for the report to identify how reliable it is.

Find out from the LINK above.

#Thanks

Next Article:
A Look At That Sustainability Index: Critical Examination.

#StayTuned
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by AshiwajuFoward: 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rmxr:

Someone needs to pen a refutation of all the nonsense the mumu wrote lol before they start passing it as facts. There are too many zobos in the post and trust some Yorubas that don't think to believe them grin you don't even need to verify to know everything he wrote is rubbish. They just don't make any sense Cc AshiwajuFoward scholes0

Guy, no point 'refuting' anything coz it's actually a failed attempt at damage control. All the balderdash contained in this thread amounts to no more than hot air coz the SE is still the least viable region of the federation. #Fact. Heck, the OP himself would have a hard time getting any of his more ambitious brethren/kinsmen who's sights are set on emigrating to the Best/West side in pursuit of a better and more secure future, with this load of crap. I'll only say a few things to highlight how ignorant this OP is.

If they (the SE folks) have to scream 'marginalization' and endlessly engage in cajoling exercises to coerce the FG to come build a 2nd Niger Bridge (an undertaking that one or two SE states are capable of executing), then abeg who's fooling who? The SE is barely the size of Oyo state, yet these same people who claim they had to rebuild their enclave 'from scratch' after the civil war, are finding it super difficult to develop that tiny space, and already have more more brown roofs in their entire region than Oyo and Ogun states put together. lipsrsealed

That region has the lowest purchasing power -- I have provided verifiable data from the telcos that show that in spite of all their noise and empty chestbeating about how 'super-duper' they are, they still fail to live-up to their own hype data after data. Their region performs very poorly against even some Northern states, yet they still throw fits in the face evidence, and go on about being 'the richest' tribe in Africa' in spite of all the mountain of evidence . They can barely afford to recharge their mobile phones Data after data, they are missing in action -- as if the region doesn't even exist sef. And I mean every economic data of reckoning. Bottomline is that if you're an igbo youth who has more ambition beyond become a trader at Aba or Onitsha, you have no other option than to emigrate from the SE. #Fact

[img][/img]

http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/

https://www.businessdayonline.com/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/
Ogun, Ikeja top manufacturers’ investment destinations in 2014

While Ogun, which is now Nigeria’s industrial hub, recorded N377 billion worth of investments within the period, Ikeja returned investments worth N39.86 billion.

Ogun State’s represents 78 percent of N483 billion worth of investments made in the whole of the manufacturing sector within the period under review, while Ikeja shares 8.3 percent.

“This has revealed that the majority of manufacturing investments were directed towards Ogun industrial axis, which consists of Otta, Agbara, Ibafo/Mowe and Shagamu industrial areas,” said MAN, in its latest January to July 2014 economic review.

The data further show investments in Kano/Sharada/Challawa as N19.75 billion and those of Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti as N19.2 billion within the period under review.

Anambra/Enugu that had N5.5 billion worth of investments.
while those of Imo/Abia were estimated at N309 million.

These datas are available and accessible to serious investors, including their own kinsmen, looking for where to invest their money. You can't give what you ain't got. Matter of fact, I know of some igbos that prefer to launch their products in the SW than the SE, for this same reason. A tech company, owned by an U.S trained SS native, recently raised a shitload of money from venture capitalists for expansion, and they listed Lagos, SW and SS as their target markets. -- NO SE, as if they don't exist. Obviously this company was acting on reliable data about demographics and purchasing power for their products and services.

The SE is just not viable economically, simple! And nothing else encapsulates this fact more than the steady and unrelenting stream and emigration of able-bodied Igbos from the SE to other parts of the country in search of economic sustenance.

They can try to spin the whole 'fiscal sustainability index' report to window-dress their pitiful situation but the reality on the ground is glaring to the blind sef. If there's any truth in the crap the OP is trying to sell eh... it wouldn't be trying to so hard to convince us. Heck, this subject matter has been thrashed on this very forum times without number so I personally no longer feel the need to engage in back-and-forths over this sort of nonsense.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by AshiwajuFoward: 9:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
Rmxr:

Well, they really must think that they're dealing with stupid folks on here. I mean, how else do you explain a people that wanna claim credit as 'developers' of other parts in one breathe, and cry/lamenting about 'marginalization' and underdevelopment of their own tiny enclave on the other hand?? Whatever happened to 'charity begins at home'? If there was any truth to their fables, that SE region ought to be a mini-Dubai by now in terms of infrastructure and development. But instead, na dilapidation, capital flight, and brain-drain. lipsrsealed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by OFFICIAL336: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Kanu is one man out of 50 million. Continue talking about him while the incursion continues, keep hiding in your 'enclave'. Probably an Igbo man is representing you in Lagos State House of Assembly. Three of them won in an area heavily populated by Igbos.

Check this out again:

South East Nigeria is the least indebted region with a patry debt of #248 bn. This translates to 7.5% of the total debt profile of the entire 36 states. This patry figure leaves the other 5 regions to share the other 92.5% at an average of 18.5%. This means that South East is below other regions in Fiscal rascality.

The aggregate debts of the 36 states to the National budget 2017 is 45.8%, South East debt to the budget is about 3.5%, leaving other 5 regions with 42.3% at an average of 8.5 for the other regions.

The proportion of SE debt to our GDP is 0.0%, meaning this is sustainable and serviceable at the long run.

With a single digit figure against the double digits figure of the other regions, SE deserves a Kudos.

#GodBlessSE
Credit:Official336
Keep it up. We are solidly behind you.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Rmxr: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

List the figures.

We will then point out how we arrived at them.

#Thanks

Sure. I'll create a thread in the coming days. You better get ready to defend all the nonsense you wrote
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 11:53pm On Nov 07, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, no point 'refuting' anything coz it's actually a failed attempt at damage control. All the balderdash contained in this thread amounts to no more than hot air coz the SE is still the least viable region of the federation. #Fact. Heck, the OP himself would have a hard time getting any of his more ambitious brethren/kinsmen who's sights are set on emigrating to the Best/West side in pursuit of a better and more secure future, with this load of crap. I'll only say a few things to highlight how ignorant this OP is.

If they (the SE folks) have to scream 'marginalization' and endlessly engage in cajoling exercises to coerce the FG to come build a 2nd Niger Bridge (an undertaking that one or two SE states are capable of executing), then abeg who's fooling who? The SE is barely the size of Oyo state, yet these same people who claim they had to rebuild their enclave 'from scratch' after the civil war, are finding it super difficult to develop that tiny space, and already have more more brown roofs in their entire region than Oyo and Ogun states put together. lipsrsealed

That region has the lowest purchasing power -- I have provided verifiable data from the telcos that show that in spite of all their noise and empty chestbeating about how 'super-duper' they are, they still fail to live-up to their own hype data after data. Their region performs very poorly against even some Northern states, yet they still throw fits in the face evidence, and go on about being 'the richest' tribe in Africa' in spite of all the mountain of evidence . They can barely afford to recharge their mobile phones Data after data, they are missing in action -- as if the region doesn't even exist sef. And I mean every economic data of reckoning. Bottomline is that if you're an igbo youth who has more ambition beyond become a trader at Aba or Onitsha, you have no other option than to emigrate from the SE. #Fact

[img][/img]

http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/

https://www.businessdayonline.com/ogun-ikeja-top-manufacturers-investment-destinations-in-2014/

These datas are available and accessible to serious investors, including their own kinsmen, looking for where to invest their money. You can't give what you ain't got. Matter of fact, I know of some igbos that prefer to launch their products in the SW than the SE, for this same reason. A tech company, owned by an U.S trained SS native, recently raised a shitload of money from venture capitalists for expansion, and they listed Lagos, SW and SS as their target markets. -- NO SE, as if they don't exist. Obviously this company was acting on reliable data about demographics and purchasing power for their products and services.

The SE is just not viable economically, simple! And nothing else encapsulates this fact more than the steady and unrelenting stream and emigration of able-bodied Igbos from the SE to other parts of the country in search of economic sustenance.

They can try to spin the whole 'fiscal sustainability index' report to window-dress their pitiful situation but the reality on the ground is glaring to the blind sef. If there's any truth in the crap the OP is trying to sell eh... it wouldn't be trying to so hard to convince us. Heck, this subject matter has been thrashed on this very forum times without number so I personally no longer feel the need to engage in back-and-forths over this sort of nonsense.
If this is what you call refutation, then I need to seriously question our education system. Attack the points raised in this point to declare them invalid, not derailing the post to divert attention.

Am going to respond to you, and at the same time educate you.

I don't know where you got the idea that SE has more brown roofs than Ogun and Oyo put together. Ibadan without doubt is. Even Business African Magazine once referred to it as '...the city with brown rusty roofs'.

Do you know what appointing Enugu as 100RC means? it means Enugu can now act as a model to global cities seeking for urban resilience.

For a city to make the 100RC, it must score high in these four dimensions:
1. Health and wellbeing
2. Economy and Society
3. INFRASTRUCTURE and ENVIRONMENT
4. Leadership and strategy

The region with least brown roof is SS, followed by SE.

www.100resilientcities.org/resources/

2. You said SE has the lowest purchasing power using internet usage as a guage. Do you really know what purchasing power is? You need to be sent back to school. According to World Internet Stats, Nigeria has the 8th largest internet user, while Germany 11th and UK 13th. This doesn't mean Nigeria has higher purchasing power than Germany and UK. China occupies 1st, India 2nd and US 3rd.

www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm

We use internet usage to check the accuracy of our population figures. Don't forget Nigeria is the 7th largest population in the world.

Using bank deposit mobilization is better measure for purchasing. According to the CBN, Anambra is 3rd largest in deposit mobilisation, behind Kano (2nd) and Lagos (1st). Don't forget Lagos' population according to UN is about 21 million, Kano over 13 million. Anambra is just 5 million.

If you take the ratio of the deposit to population, you will see Anambra will have the highest purchasing power.

3. You said 5 Nigerian cities make top 25 biggest market in Africa. You got that from this www.nigerianewsonline.com.ng/3-nigerian-cities-make-euromonitors-top-10-fastest-growing-african-cities-list/

Do you really know what consumer market is? I guess you don't.

Projection was made from 2015-2030 to identify cities that will have the largest consumer market in 2030. Population growth was used to identify the cities. The size of your population is the size of your consumer market. Lagos' consumer market is 21 million while Anambra is 5 million.

Expected food consumption in 2030 was used to make the ranking. Food consumption is used as a proxy for the consumer market.

In 2030, the populations of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan and PH are expected to expand rapidly, hence an increase in food consumption.

4. You want to measure economic viability using private investments in manufacturing in Ogun and Ikeja. A look at your figure shows that that investment was made 2014, 3 years ago and worth 416.86 bn NGN.

Anambra government alone in the past 4 years attracted 5 billion USD worth of foreign investments. That is about 1.8 trillion NGN in today's exchange.

Google that up pls.

Innoson last year attracted 1 billion USD FDI from China to be invested in digital media. That is about 360 billion NGN.

www.herald.ng/innoson-motors-chinese-investors-invest-1bn-ict-sector/

Abia state government this year attracted 1.5 billion NGN FDI from China to be invested in shoe manufacturing. That is another 540 billion NGN.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/chinese-firm-build-1-5bn-shoe-factory-aba/

The three investments worth a whooping 2.7 trillion NGN, and we didn't make noise about them.

Are you afraid of our incoming report on that Fiscal Sustainability Index? You are already showing that.

I wish we can just write on Lagos debt profile. We really need to put an end to some chest beating.

Rmxr I have seen who you sent to refute the facts. Try harder next time.

Biafraishere what do you think?

#Thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 12:00am On Nov 08, 2017
Rmxr:

Sure. I'll create a thread in the coming days. You better get ready to defend all the nonsense you wrote
Why people like are not taken serious is because they put insult before facts. Your need to insult to let me know you are putting up a challenge.

Mention us when you do.
We are always ready.

#Thanks
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by AshiwajuFoward: 1:46am On Nov 08, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

If this is what you call refutation, then I need to seriously question our education system. Attack the points raised in this point to declare them invalid, not derailing the post to divert attention.

Am going to respond to you, and at the same time educate you.

I don't know where you got the idea that SE has more brown roofs than Ogun and Oyo put together. Ibadan without doubt is. Even Business African Magazine once referred to it as '...the city with brown rusty roofs'.

Do you know what appointing Enugu as 100RC means? it means Enugu can now act as a model to global cities seeking for urban resilience.

For a city to make the 100RC, it must score high in these four dimensions:
1. Health and wellbeing
2. Economy and Society
3. INFRASTRUCTURE and ENVIRONMENT
4. Leadership and strategy

Yinmu. Talk is cheap. Enugu state is a glorified village of which only a small fraction (probably no more than 2 local government) out of the entire state is urbanized/'developed', and that's by SE standards anyway, while the rest are rural areas (dude, I have enough drone shots to prove this). You can Quote me anywhere. In otherwords the 'city' is just too small to even be considered robustly developed let alone the entire state. Outside that tiny 'city', the rest of the state is an overgrown village. It's an insult to compare your enugu village to Ibadan. You can remove no less than 20 Enugu 'cities' from within Ibadan. Ibadan has 5 mega malls (compared to just the Polo Park mall in Enugu), 4 Cinemaplexes (compared to the one in Enugu), arguably the best and most equipped teaching hospital in the entire country, is home to way more multinationals and international brands that don't even exist in the entire SE, let alone Enugu (I'm talking about the likes of KFC [which has 4 outlets], ColdStone, Dominos Pizza, e.t.c). Enugu has no leader o, guy. Even your own SE kinsmen would agree with me on that, considering your 'leader's show of shame episode during the fulani herdsmen attacks on his people. Enugu is a civil service state so you aren't fooling anyone with your crap. Aba and Onitsha can brag a bit about having considerably modest economic output but certainly not Enugu.

2. You said SE has the lowest purchasing power using internet usage as a guage. Do you really know what purchasing power is? You need to be sent back to school. According to World Internet Stats, Nigeria has the 8th largest internet user, while Germany 11th and UK 13th. This doesn't mean Nigeria has higher purchasing power than Germany and UK. China occupies 1st, India 2nd and US 3rd. Using bank deposit mobilization is better measure for purchasing. According to the CBN, Anambra is 3rd largest in deposit mobilisation, behind Kano (2nd) and Lagos (1st). Don't forget Lagos' population according to UN is about 21 million, Kano over 13 million. Anambra is just 5 million.

If you take the ratio of the deposit to population, you will see Anambra will have the highest purchasing power.

Dude, I just gave you data from specific and different sources (telcos, euromonitor, business insider, and fraym) that clearly show that your region is an economic featherweight, in spite of your hype and baseless posturing. Those stats are from non-Nigerian/credible sources that can be VERIFIED. You on the other hand have failed to refute any of them. And yes, those voice and internet usage data are credible measures of purchasing power because they are consistent with the other data that I presented on cities with the biggest markets AND fastest consumer spending in sub-saharan africa. 'Recharge cards' have become basic necessities and valid measure of purchasing power and consumer spending. Pray tell what these Anambra 'high bank depositors' are spending their money on that isn't getting captured or reflected in their local economy to catch the attention of data analysts?? You even unwittingly (and probably) under-represented the state's population in your attempt to show that it has a relatively under performing economy, but in any case, why is this purported high purchasing power of Anambrarians not reflecting in the state's VAT, neither is it reflecting in the state's IGR? The fact that some traders at Onitsha main market make multiple bank deposits in a day doesn't translate to a 'high purchasing power', mr. okoro.

Anyhow, I wasn't really expecting you to put up any credible rebuttal (besides that weak and tired bank deposits crap -- it's interesting that Anambra, in spite of all the noises and hype you all make about the state, is yet to make a debut on the international scene undecided).

3. You said 5 Nigerian cities make top 25 biggest market in Africa. You got that from this www.nigerianewsonline.com.ng/3-nigerian-cities-make-euromonitors-top-10-fastest-growing-african-cities-list/

Do you really know what consumer market is? I guess you don't.

Projection was made from 2015-2030 to identify cities that will have the largest consumer market in 2030. Population growth was used to identify the cities. The size of your population is the size of your consumer market. Lagos' consumer market is 21 million while Anambra is 5 million.

Expected food consumption in 2030 was used to make the ranking. Food consumption is used as a proxy for the consumer market.

In 2030, the populations of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan and PH are expected to expand rapidly, hence an increase in food consumption.

Dude, Lagos didn't even make the cut on the 'fastest growing consumer markets in sub-saharan' africa list, hope you noticed that? Anambra has the largest population of any SE state, yet Onitsha its most populous and commercial town, didn't make the cut on any of the lists I referenced. Benin city made the cut on the top 35 Biggest markets list (at #32). Where is this elusive Anambra purchasing power that caused the likes of Delta, Kaduna, and Edo state inhabitants to have more money to spend on recharge cards than almighty Anambra If Anambra people are spending so much (mind you, if you aren't spending how will your local economy be stimulated, how will money circulate?), where are they spending the money? What are they consuming that isn't getting captured or attracting the notice of data analysts??

4. You want to measure economic viability using private investments in manufacturing in Ogun and Ikeja. A look at your figure shows that that investment was made 2014, 3 years ago and worth 416.86 bn NGN.

Anambra government alone in the past 4 years attracted 5 billion USD worth of foreign investments. That is about 1.8 trillion NGN in today's exchange.

Google that up pls.

Guy, this right here is the biggest bullshyt of all. Obiano's political opponents within Anambra have challenged him to prove the veracity of his $5-billion dollar worth of investment claim, and his best retort through his handlers was that it's based on previously signed MOUs that are awaiting execution. In otherwords, they're non-existent investments that can't be verified. There's absolutely NO WAY that a state like Anambra would attract that much in investments and the entire country wouldn't feel the impact let alone the natives of the state (perhaps in your twisted mind, you're confusing $5-billion with the scandalous $5-million Ugu export claims). The Ogun investment -related report I cited was sourced from MAN (Manufacturers Association of Nigeria) and the figures were for half of that year (2014) -- the state actually attracted a total of N690-billion in manufacturing sector investments in 2014 [ https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ogun-state-attracted-n690bn-investments-2014/ ]. The previous year (2013), the same Ogun led other zones with about 60 percent of investments into the manufacturing sector, closely followed by Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti and Kano (Sharada/Chalawa).[ https://guardian.ng/business-services/industry/nigeria-s-industrial-sector-in-perspective-by-man/ ] In 2015, Ogun repeated the same feat when (according to MAN) it similarly attracted 69% of the investments into that sector. And according to a british envoy, Ogun attracts 75% of FDI that comes into Nigeria. http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/ undecided lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, in the SE:

Innoson last year attracted 1 billion USD FDI from China to be invested in digital media. That is about 360 billion NGN.

www.herald.ng/innoson-motors-chinese-investors-invest-1bn-ict-sector/

Abia state government this year attracted 1.5 billion NGN FDI from China to be invested in shoe manufacturing. That is another 540 billion NGN.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/chinese-firm-build-1-5bn-shoe-factory-aba/

The three investments worth a whooping 2.7 trillion NGN, and we didn't make noise about them.

Dude, those investments you listed are yet to materialize. They were more or less MOUs cheesy. You must be from Anambra coz you and that Obiano guy have a penchant for deceptively appropriating MOUs as though they're actual investments. Same thing applies to the Aba chinese shoe one you also touched on -- a kobo of that proposed investment has not yet landed in Nigeria let alone alaigboland. Your own people are already crying to their Ikpeazu to desist from inviting the chinese into Aba shoe industry coz they're afraid of competition. [ https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/aba-shoe-makers-jittery-chinese-shoe-magnets-investment-aba/ ] Look, when these investments arrive, they'll certainly be captured and we'll all be here to celebrate them.

Are you afraid of our incoming report on that Fiscal Sustainability Index? You are already showing that.

I wish we can just write on Lagos debt profile. We really need to put an end to some chest beating.

Rmxr I have seen who you sent to refute the facts. Try harder next time.

Biafraishere what do you think?

#Thanks

Dude, you think too highly of yourself. Lagos debt profile that you're masturbating over hasn't stopped your people from emigrating to Lagos and the rest of the 'indebted' SW en masse for economic sustenance. Until it does, you are just blowing hot air coz even your own folks ain't buying what you're tryna sell. undecided #Real Talk.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by kotv: 2:37am On Nov 08, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Do you know that the success of Yoruba today was with out handouts of 20 pounds like you guys got and remember, we also fought this war.

Despite your 20 pounds we are still more successful in all thing.

We also demand our own 20 pounds.

There lands were destroyed during the war, yours wasn't.
There money all stolen after the war by the Nigerian government, yours wasn't.

That's the difference.
You're not ahead and your so called success is very miniscule.
Like a member once pointed out, considering your circumstance, your success should marvel that of North of Africa but yet you dragging with other regions in Nigeria which didn't have the same situation you had (lack of war).
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by GoldNiagara(m): 8:01am On Nov 08, 2017
kotv:

There lands were destroyed during the war, yours wasn't.
There money all stolen after the war by the Nigerian government, yours wasn't.

That's the difference.
You're not ahead and your so called success is very miniscule.
Like a member once pointed out, considering your circumstance, your success should marvel that of North of Africa but yet you dragging with other regions in Nigeria which didn't have the same situation you had (lack of war).

Lands are indestructible, we also lost properties and several lives, alot of bread winners died due to a senseless war activated by a cowardly soldier adept at pulling skedaddle.
The deaths of these breadwinners destroyed so many homes and lives, yet we didn't make career out wailing or playing victims.

Nigeria and IBO's impeded our progress, remember many firsts and landmark achievements in the old western region. You guys got 200 billion naira from the war, we paid the monies and we got nothing but our progress gives you guys night terrors.

We demand our own 20 pounds and it must be paid from the federal allocations to the east, it is only fair cos you guys caused the war.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by totit: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Lol.

Try and fight back with facts, instead of being sentimental.

Would you have done the same thing if I replace SE with SW and Igbo with Yoruba?

If you think Igbos are not up to 50 million, instead of resorting to insult, why not come up with a counter argument.

The way people are commenting here makes me question the quality of our education.

National Competitive Council of Nigeria released an index where SE was ranked so low. To us, this didn't reflect realities. Instead of throwing insults, we went back, study the criteria used in the ranking, scrutinize them and then found out some flaws.

We wrote an article on that.

Haa shocked

Amazing, for the first time on this platform you used the word ' lol' cheesy

Insult you ke, for what? Oga, it's of no use to me.

By the way, why not make the figure, 60million or 70million grin. Yes,lets arrive at 70mill, OK?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by engreo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Yinmu. Talk is cheap. Enugu state is a glorified village of which only a small fraction (probably no more than 2 local government) out of the entire state is urbanized/'developed', and that's by SE standards anyway, while the rest are rural areas (dude, I have enough drone shots to prove this). You can Quote me anywhere. In otherwords the 'city' is just too small to even be considered robustly developed let alone the entire state. Outside that tiny 'city', the rest of the state is an overgrown village. It's an insult to compare your enugu village to Ibadan. You can remove no less than 20 Enugu 'cities' from within Ibadan. Ibadan has 5 mega malls (compared to just the Polo Park mall in Enugu), 4 Cinemaplexes (compared to the one in Enugu), arguably the best and most equipped teaching hospital in the entire country, is home to way more multinationals and international brands that don't even exist in the entire SE, let alone Enugu (I'm talking about the likes of KFC [which has 4 outlets], ColdStone, Dominos Pizza, e.t.c). Enugu has no leader o, guy. Even your own SE kinsmen would agree with me on that, considering your 'leader's show of shame episode during the fulani herdsmen attacks on his people. Enugu is a civil service state so you aren't fooling anyone with your crap. Aba and Onitsha can brag a bit about having considerably modest economic output but certainly not Enugu.

Dude, I just gave you data from specific and different sources (telcos, euromonitor, business insider, and fraym) that clearly show that your region is an economic featherweight, in spite of your hype and baseless posturing. Those stats are from non-Nigerian/credible sources that can be VERIFIED. You on the other hand have failed to refute any of them. And yes, those voice and internet usage data are credible measures of purchasing power because they are consistent with the other data that I presented on cities with the biggest markets AND fastest consumer spending in sub-saharan africa. 'Recharge cards' have become basic necessities and valid measure of purchasing power and consumer spending. Pray tell what these Anambra 'high bank depositors' are spending their money on that isn't getting captured or reflected in their local economy to catch the attention of data analysts?? You even unwittingly (and probably) under-represented the state's population in your attempt to show that it has a relatively under performing economy, but in any case, why is this purported high purchasing power of Anambrarians not reflecting in the state's VAT, neither is it reflecting in the state's IGR? The fact that some traders at Onitsha main market make multiple bank deposits in a day doesn't translate to a 'high purchasing power', mr. okoro.

Anyhow, I wasn't really expecting you to put up any credible rebuttal (besides that weak and tired bank deposits crap -- it's interesting that Anambra, in spite of all the noises and hype you all make about the state, is yet to make a debut on the international scene undecided).

Dude, Lagos didn't even make the cut on the 'fastest growing consumer markets in sub-saharan' africa list, hope you noticed that? Anambra has the largest population of any SE state, yet Onitsha its most populous and commercial town, didn't make the cut on any of the lists I referenced. Benin city made the cut on the top 35 Biggest markets list (at #32). Where is this elusive Anambra purchasing power that caused the likes of Delta, Kaduna, and Edo state inhabitants to have more money to spend on recharge cards than almighty Anambra If Anambra people are spending so much (mind you, if you aren't spending how will your local economy be stimulated, how will money circulate?), where are they spending the money? What are they consuming that isn't getting captured or attracting the notice of data analysts??

Guy, this right here is the biggest bullshyt of all. Obiano's political opponents within Anambra have challenged him to prove the veracity of his $5-billion dollar worth of investment claim, and his best retort through his handlers was that it's based on previously signed MOUs that are awaiting execution. In otherwords, they're non-existent investments that can't be verified. There's absolutely NO WAY that a state like Anambra would attract that much in investments and the entire country wouldn't feel the impact let alone the natives of the state (perhaps in your twisted mind, you're confusing $5-billion with the scandalous $5-million Ugu export claims). The Ogun investment -related report I cited was sourced from MAN (Manufacturers Association of Nigeria) and the figures were for half of that year (2014) -- the state actually attracted a total of N690-billion in manufacturing sector investments in 2014 [ https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/ogun-state-attracted-n690bn-investments-2014/ ]. The previous year (2013), the same Ogun led other zones with about 60 percent of investments into the manufacturing sector, closely followed by Oyo/Ondo/Osun/Ekiti and Kano (Sharada/Chalawa).[ https://guardian.ng/business-services/industry/nigeria-s-industrial-sector-in-perspective-by-man/ ] In 2015, Ogun repeated the same feat when (according to MAN) it similarly attracted 69% of the investments into that sector. And according to a british envoy, Ogun attracts 75% of FDI that comes into Nigeria. http://punchng.com/ogun-attracts-75-fdi-into-nigeria-uk-envoy/ undecided lipsrsealed

Meanwhile, in the SE:

Dude, those investments you listed are yet to materialize. They were more or less MOUs cheesy. You must be from Anambra coz you and that Obiano guy have a penchant for deceptively appropriating MOUs as though they're actual investments. Same thing applies to the Aba chinese shoe one you also touched on -- a kobo of that proposed investment has not yet landed in Nigeria let alone alaigboland. Your own people are already crying to their Ikpeazu to desist from inviting the chinese into Aba shoe industry coz they're afraid of competition. [ https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/aba-shoe-makers-jittery-chinese-shoe-magnets-investment-aba/ ] Look, when these investments arrive, they'll certainly be captured and we'll all be here to celebrate them.

Dude, you think too highly of yourself. Lagos debt profile that you're masturbating over hasn't stopped your people from emigrating to Lagos and the rest of the 'indebted' SW en masse for economic sustenance. Until it does, you are just blowing hot air coz even your own folks ain't buying what you're tryna sell. undecided #Real Talk.
chai!......i fear u o
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by SouthEastFacts: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Meanwhile, in the SE:

Enugu is a glorified village, yet your Ibadan wasn't considered for 100RC. Like it or hate it, Enugu now provides model for global cities seeking for urban resilience.

It is a pity you don't know what multinational company is.

You must be pained that Enugu was considered for 100RC before any SW state.

Using the recent, National Competitive Council of Nigeria report released recently, Abia was ranked first in waste management, while National Bureau of Statistics Crime Statistics 2016, Abia is still the lowest.

Stupidity is when you don't know but claim to know. You don't use internet users to measure purchasing power. It is purely a spurious correlation (I guess you don't even know what that means).

Population growth affects total internet users. Nigeria is the 7th largest population in the world hence the 8th largest internet users. You can see the correlation there.

I guess you don't know what VAT is, and how it is configured here in Nigeria.

Stop embarrassing us here. Fastest growing consumer market doesn't reflect largest market. If a market is #10 but growing at 9%, and another is #1000 but growing at 1%. Market A is growing faster. That is by the way, your population is the size of your consumer market. Population growth rate is used to measure the consumer market growth rate. For instance the size of Nigerian consumer market is 191 million, which is the size of our population.

The stat you quoted said in 2030, 5 Nigerian cities will make top 25 largest consumers markets in Africa. This means that in 2030, the cities will make top 25 most populous cities in Africa.

Size of consumer market is not same as largest market. Onitsha main market remains the largest and busiest market in West Africa. What this means is that growth in the consumer markets of the 5 cities you mentioned will directly cause an expansion in Onitsha market, more personal income to Ndi Igbo and more revenue to our governments.

Do you know what capital investment is? Capital investment is not financial or portfolio investments. Those billions are not in financial investment. There is always a larger time lag between capital investments and ROI, this time tag runs into years.

Stanel World is one of the private investments attracted by Anambra State Government.

www.dailypost.ng/2017/09/19/us-rates-stanel-world-high-calls-public-private-investment-anambra/

Check this out also

https://bizwatchnigeria.ng/anambra-state-attracts-2-4bn-foreign-direct-investment-in-six-months/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/anambra-attracts-n60bn-agric-investments/

The Aba Integrated Power Project is in its completion stage and that investment worth about $530 million which is about 191 billion NGN. That project will generate about 1140 MW of energy to Aba and SE.

www.nigeriaelectricityhub.com/2016/10/18/geometrics-530m-aba-ipp-to-switch-on-in-april-2017/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/electricity-geometric-power-generate-1140mw-2017-nnaji/

Obijackson Group, through its subsidiary Century Power is building 1500 MW of power station and will be completed in 2020. Obijackson Group is a company owned by Anambra man.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/century-power-to-complete-1500mw-power-plant-in-2020/

Global Edison, A US owned power company is building a 2.5 billion USD worth 1500 MW power station in Anambra.

www.energymixreport.com/global-edison-to-build-2-5bn-power-plant-in-anambra/

The Anambra government through an indigenous company is building a $150 million worth 80MW gas powered power state.

www.newsexpressngr.com/news/8240-Obiano-moves-to-solve-Anambras-electricity-problem-signs-150m-power-deal?pr=47559&lang=en

Rockson Engineering is building 378MW of power station in IMO. This is an FG project

www.rocksonengineering.com/pages/Projects/Construct_Egbema_1.html

In 2020, when all power stations in SE become operational, SE will generate over 5000 MW of energy. This will put an end to all our energy needs. The most commendable thing is that most of those projects are started and funded by Igbos. This is what is called strategic investment, not investments in small scale manufacturing.

By 2020, SE will control power generation in Nigeria. All these people invested in SE because they know SE is very viable.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by GoldenChiddy: 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuZjPkvP-C8&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9&index=3
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by PVision2020(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Meanwhile, in the SE:

Baba I throway salute.
#respect

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Salym(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
SouthEastFacts:
It is not a secret that the Igbos are the most mobile tribe in Nigeria. With about 35% of a total population of about 50 million living in the South East, their home land, the Igbos have the best spread in the country. A recent projection shows that about 11 million are living in the North alone, and there is this concensus among different writers that Lagos population is made up of about 40% Igbos. Another source claim there is over 40% Igbos in the population of Nigerians in Diaspora, 20% in cities like Kano, Jos e.t.c. www.nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/nnebe/101013.html. Collaborating the 40% Igbos in Nigerians in diaspora, an informal survey showed that an average extended family in Igboland has atleast one family member outside the country

With a projected population of about 18 million by Lagos State Government, we can assume an Igbo population of 7.2 million in Lagos alone, over 3 million in Kano alone, leaving the other Northern states to share 8 million Igbos. With Lagos statistics we can safely assume, over another 11 million Igbos in the SW. This means about over 22 million Igbos living in the North and South West.

We are going to concisely discuss the social and economic benefits of this mobility.

Before we proceed, we are going to make one thing clear, using the exact words of Nnede, a former Wall Street Investment banker, "The Igbos are simply very republic in nature, and would easily uproot themselves and their families to greener pastures without qualms. When I use the phrase greener pastures, it does not necessarily represent better developed areas. Just better opportunities, and when they can't find one upon arrival would create one for themselves."

The number one blessing is that the Igbos can never be exterminated. With only about 35% of their population living within the region, should anything happen to SE either by natural or unnatural means, the other 65% though psychologically beaten will be their to continue the race.

Traveling is part of learning, especially with respect to human behaviour. Through experiences garnered through travelling, South East has the most understanding of the behaviour of the different tribes in the country. This explains why they are better traders in the country, even in West Africa, building the largest and busiest market in Africa (Onitsha Main Market, Onitsha) and the four Largest market in Nigeria (Ariria Int'l Market, Aba).

Nigerians in diaspora remitted into the country since 2015 stands at $20.8bn, that is about #7.519 trillion either for financial development projects or to assist family members. www.dailypost.ng/2017/07/26/nigerians-diaspora-repatriate-n7-519-trillion-nigeria-finance-development/ using the above statistics of Igbos in diaspora, Igbos contributed to about $8.32 bn into Nigerian foreign reserve and repatriates about over #3 trillion to families in the SE, while the rest of the country shares about #4.5 bn at average of about #900 bn for each of the 5 regions. This is one of the blessings that come from traveling.

There are massive Igbo investments all over the country. Infact, one report showed that there are about #44 trillion worth of Igbo investments in the North alone www.sunnewsonline.com/igbo-and-their-trapped-trillions/ While some people believes that those trillions are trapped, but the truth is they are not. The main reason is that International laws allow global citizens to acquire and owe legitimately properties in any part of the world and two, no sane person will destroy an investment worth of #44 trillion.

Most of these investments are started with small capitals and cannot strive in the East, so it makes economic sense to site them in areas where comparative costs are lowest, instead of trying to invest the small capital in the East. Just like MTN repatriates profits to South Africa, Apple China to the USA, these investments will as well make repatriation down to the East, including their Corporate social responsibilities. This is because in Igbo land, no matter how rich you are, you are judged by your impact in your community, how many successful people you have groomed, the later is usually used to rate traders. If you have not trained a successful trader, you are counted as nothing. This is known as the 'Aku ruo ulo philosophy' it is the basis of the Igbo resilience.

Let assume, we have Biafra, Oduduwa and Arewa. With Igbo investments scattered all over Nigeria before separation, Biafra will exert massive influence on the economy of Oduduwa and Arewa. This will grow into political influence with time when leveraged on properly. Repatriation from these countries will lead to a larger foreign reserve, which will translate into a stronger currency.

The population of Ndi Igbo is growing rapidly across the 5 other regions, if managed and leveraged on properly will lead to a politically and economically stronger EAST. While other regions have to open their eyes to the massive opportunities this offers, we shall continue to make this incursion, while repatriation the benefits home.

#SEfacts
3 million Igbos in Kano? Do you know that the population of Kano city, where the Igbos are mostly found is not more than 3 million. What kind of statistics is this? Igbos in Kano State are not up to two hundred thousand please. (Check the population of Fagge LGA where Sabon gari is located; its not more than 400 thousand and Igbos are definitely not the majority there. In other northern states their population will be in the range of 10 to 20 thousand or less with the exception of Kaduna where they may be above 50 thousand. All in all there aren't more than 500 thousand Igbos in the whole North.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Osaze007: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
Guestlander:

Who conducted the census of Nigerians in diaspora and concluded Igbo are over 40%? The problem I have with some Igbo commentators on the internet is how they casually make up bogus statistics.
Who are you trying to impress with these numbers?

Have you forgotten they own 95% of Lagos land
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Osaze007: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Cjrane2:
Young Igbo people should not fall victim of the propaganda of your enemies.

Live where you must but never forget where you come from. Remember Nigeria is an evil entity ALWAYS plotting how to dispossess you of your properties and belongings either through violent riots, quit notice or heavy taxation.

It will be wiser and better for you to go live in Mali,Gabon or Burkina Faso than to live in Northern Nigeria. But let those who cannot leave Northern Nigeria remain vigilant.

Therefore, learn to use your homebase as an insurance policy by keeping a branch or some investment at home. So that when the evil men strike at you, you will always have something to fall back to.

What about just fixing your region
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
python1:
[s][/s]
I didn't ask for the history of how the world was created, my question is, where is cownu?

Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by richie240: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nowenuse:
It is both a blessing and a curse at the same time.

Igbos born outside igbo land are heavily loosing their cultural values and traditions if you ask me and at the same time partially hindering the massive development of their own homeland.
As per spirit of hate, i agree.
Those born outside are not as bitter and toxic as d local born and bred ones.
cool
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by Bekool(m): 7:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Biety:
Your waka waka seems to be blessing now but it is a curse in the real sense.

In the future the reality would stare at you when the indigenes of the regions you are living now stop buying from you and start selling those things they are buying from you today to themselves.

Trading is the only thing giving you advantage over the indigenes of the regions you are livng today and you cannot monopolize it (trading) forever, soon others will start selling goods like electronics, tiles, clothes, drugs etc in their numbers, then you'll be stucked in different parts of Nigeria not knowing what else to do, then most of you w'ld head back home after selling most of your properties.
This is going to happen in the future whether you like/ believe it or not.

So u think igbo business men and women are foolish not to divest their investments and businesses to other sectors of the economy? Someone like innoson has already gone into the oil and gas industry.
Re: Igbo Walka Walka: A Blessing Or A Curse? by lawani: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
Salym:

3 million Igbos in Kano? Do you know that the population of Kano city, where the Igbos are mostly found is not more than 3 million. What kind of statistics is this? Igbos in Kano State are not up to two hundred thousand please. (Check the population of Fagge LGA where Sabon gari is located; its not more than 400 thousand and Igbos are definitely not the majority there. In other northern states their population will be in the range of 10 to 20 thousand or less with the exception of Kaduna where they may be above 50 thousand. All in all there aren't more than 500 thousand Igbos in the whole North.

Are you sure?. I find this hard to believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Looted Funds, Assets: FG Launches Moves Against Ex-Governor, Ministers, Senators / Kwara: Tunji Moronfoye Apologises To Governor, REC Over Corruption Allegation / Expatriate Kidnapped In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.