Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad (1030 Views)

The Untold Story (I Almost Died) / Mad In Love / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by toys2seven(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Warning:
The following story you’re about to read is not in any way fictitious. This is a true life account of the writer. Names, Characters, Places, and so on are NOT the work of the writer’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is pure reality.

I wasn’t sure if I was running or levitating. The adrenalin injection must’ve switched off my brain and allowed my legs do all the thinking. Sh!t had hit the ceiling and it was about to go down! The wind was apparently blowing against my body and I could feel it flap against my ears. It assured me my ears were still stuck to my head and I had not outrun them. There was no one to calculate my speed but surely Usain Bolt could’ve been watching and taking notes.

It was a matter of life and death and I was running like a mad man. “God! How did it come to this?!”

The second leg of my slippers went up in the air. Now I was running completely barefooted. The compassionate part of me wanted to look back to check the fate of my accomplice but I just couldn’t. I could hear running footsteps closely behind me. “If I can get back into my hostel unharmed lord, I won’t wait till the chapel prefects came to chase us to the chapel on Sunday.”

I heard one loud swoosh closely behind me and with one last frantic grunt, I accelerated!

**********15 Minutes Earlier**********

“Elijah!... Elijah, wake up!” Someone whispered loudly into my right ear

“Wuyi… What are you doing awake?” I tried to keep my voice down.

“There’s water at hand-pump. Let’s go fetch.” Wuyi pulled out my bucket from under my bed.

“Are you crazy?!” I checked my watch and saw 1:20am “You know those ‘Eboode’ guys would be out by now; right?”

Adewuyi had resilience written all over his face. I must’ve over-pumped confidence into him from our conversation earlier in the afternoon. We were in JSS1, and Wuyi was the last person you’d expect to take these kind of risks but desperate times called for desperate measures.
It was the dry season in Federal Government College; Ikirun. Water hadn’t really been our best resource and dry seasons only made things worse. Junior students practically dug up the soil to get water in a valley we called “Stream” (it was actually just a reservoir). Those who could, travelled with two buckets.

Why? Simply because seniors had their buckets strategically placed along your way back and through your donations, you could easily leave the stream with a full bucket of water, and return to the hostel with an empty bucket.

Two days had passed since I last had my bath and trust me, I was among

Continue Reading via: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2017/11/i-ran-so-fast-i-almost-ran-mad_4.html

Cheers!

#Day4 #WriteTimeChallenge #JaybeesWriteTime

Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 07, 2017
Lolzzzz. This story is real, indeed. My friends who attended FGC, Ikirun, always told me the same thing, back then. The tyrannical seniors! grin

You write well, Elijah. This is a good read. smiley
Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by sonnyLaurel(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
elijah, the story's a good read, I love it but i suggest instead of using the 15 minutes earlier, it sound odd to most readers including me, you could use an introductory sentence like my mind flashed back to the occurence 15 minutes earlier, or I reminenced about the events that happened....
Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by toys2seven(m): 11:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Lolzzzz. This story is real, indeed. My friends who attended FGC, Ikirun, always told me the same thing, back then. The tyrannical seniors! grin

You write well, Elijah. This is a good read. smiley

Thanks a lot for reading.
Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by toys2seven(m): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
sonnyLaurel:
elijah, the story's a good read, I love it but i suggest instead of using the 15 minutes earlier, it sound odd to most readers including me, you could use an introductory sentence like my mind flashed back to the occurence 15 minutes earlier, or I reminenced about the events that happened....

Alright. Noted... Thanks for reading
Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by kevwe10(f): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
abeg continue weldone
Re: I Ran So Fast, I Almost Ran Mad by toys2seven(m): 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
kevwe10:
abeg continue weldone

Lol... Thanks for reading

(1) (Reply)

Texture Of Darkness: / Him And Me / August Break; Mr. Nogoodadvice- For The Love Of Skirts (drama)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.