Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites (31850 Views)

LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga / FG Clamps Down On Ray Power’s ‘Political Platform’; Imposes Fine / Coup Scare: Army Clamps Down On Suspected Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by queone(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
[/color][quote author=GavelSlam post=62091589][b]There must be censorship of divisive news media.

You cannot instigate the people against constituted authority on the simple but often abused premise of freedom of speech.[quote]

Yes, Buhari is re-building d nation on a sound foundation & cannot afford to be distracted by d puerile, bigoted & divisive comments & opinions usually spewed out by faceless writers in cyberspace. China became a great nation by shutting out distractions. Let's unite & support d present govt. 2019 is around d corner. If u dont like d govt, exercise ur mandate & express your wish.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

You people who allowed one selfish individual (BAT) to brainwashed you into voting the tyrants called Mohomodu Buhary will never go unpunished, unless to repent and apologize to the sane minds who advised against it.

You just confirmed that Tinubu convinced you and your family to vote for Buhari! What happened to your own freewill?
If you act like a child today there's a big chance you will act like a child tomorrow. God will not punish other people for your own actions.
Yes, if Jonathan is the only alternative he will always lose to Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

You just confirmed that Tinubu convinced you and your family to vote for Buhari! What happened to your own freewill?
If you act like a child today there's a big chance you will act like a child tomorrow. God will not punish other people for your own actions.

Me voted Buhary... grin

Only the morons among my tribesmen (including all my uncles that was misled) voted the goat. cheesy They are now suffering for their action. No remedy.

Buhary till he kaput inside Asorock...

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

Me voted Buhary... grin

Only the morons among my tribesmen (including all my uncles that was misled) voted the goat. cheesy They are now suffering for their action. No remedy.

You are one funny guy.
Nigeria is a difficult country to lead. If you take that as an excuse and do nothing then that is bad for everyone, that is exactly what Jonathan did after depleting our treasury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Jesusloveyou: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
aolawale025:
The right to free speech is guaranteed by the constitution. This government should not reintroduce decree 4 of 1984 thru the back door
what if you have not used the free speech in the best way to promote Nigeria.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Bokennie: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
Make dem just try we for premiumtimesng.kasala go bust. Na this kind thing we dey like. We are used to it. Nobe today e don tay..wey we don dey this game .them be learners.
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

You are one funny guy.
Nigeria is a difficult country to lead. If you take that as an excuse and do nothing then that is bad for everyone, that is exactly what Jonathan did after depleting our treasury.

Hmmm, you are changing the goal post.

Nigeria is a difficult country to lead...? shocked Hope you are not just aware of this fact?

Same country that was difficult to lead under Jonathan, but ACN turned APC never gave him support or advice more importantly on national security but rather falsified lies and propaganda to discredit his government.

Same weapon of media propaganda APC used to gain popularity and eventually power are now being castigated?

It is very clear, APC will NEVER succeed in their enterprise again the instruments that brought them to power. 'Ida ahun, la fi un pa ahun' (use the sword of the wicked to kill the wicked)

Btw: Radio Continental (BAT radio station) already changed their name and now involve only in Music, ahead of the planned clampdown... grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Swagahyk(m): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
lilytender:

Pls what did Igbo's gain for their blind support of GEJ? Oh, I forgot you got 2nd Niger bridge map on a big drawing board while his wife Mama Piss became richer than all the 11 South-South and South-East states combined.

Now, for your info, Lagos-Ibadan expressway is about 75% completed after being abandoned by Obasanjo, Yar'Adua, GEJ. Buhari has also asked his fellow Fulani called Dangote to fix Oworonshoki-Apapa expressway which your hero GEJ abandoned. Dangote is given tax waiver to fix the road, this means that tax that ought to be shared between Yorubas, Hausas and Biafran pigs are to be used only for the Lagos road angry Ogbomoso-Ilorin expressway is also being completed. Ogun state has the highest number of appointment in this administration even more than Buhari's state. Tinubu's guys are the most in this government including the super minister Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) who once abducted and dumped homeless Biafran pigs and idiots at Upper-Iweka at 3am.

I can feel your pains

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by seguno2: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
Bede2u:
I voted Buhari and consider GEJ clueless

But this is so true

GEJ clueless is the result of APC successful propaganda.
On all socio-economic indices, including corruption by Transparency International, we had more improvement under Jonathan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by lenghtinny(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
smalls001:

From your response and attitude, it shows that if a baboon throws any misleading information anywhere, you'll certainly believe it. Do your homework first before commenting.
It might be a misleading information but this government has shown that they are capable of carrying out such action...

After what they did to Tinubu's radio continental, turning it in to a station that repeats one song twenty times in twenty four hours angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

Hmmm, you are changing the goal post.

Nigeria is a difficult country to lead...? shocked Hope you are not just aware of this fact?

Same country that was difficult to lead under Jonathan, but ACN turned APC never gave him support or advice more importantly on national security but rather falsified lies and propaganda to discredit his government.

Same weapon of media propaganda APC used to gain popularity and eventually power are now being castigated?

It is very clear, APC will NEVER succeed in their enterprise again the power that brought them to power. 'Ida ahun, la fi un pa ahun' (use the sword of the wicked to kill the wicked)

Btw: Radio Continental (BAT radio station) already changed their name and now involve only in Music, ahead of the planned clampdown... grin

Jonathan was a failure and I don't think I need to explain why. He came to power with so much hope that he would do better than his predecessors, no sooner was his administration hijacked by all sorts of criminals and he was frozen in fear of dealing with them.

I'm not shifting any goal post, in the next election present me with a candidate I'm convinced is better than Buhari and I will vote for him. That is the way it works.

If Buhari should lose the confidence of Nigerians, just like Jonathan he should be shown the way out. No sentimentality, our collective wellbeing is more important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

Jonathan was a failure and I don't think I need to explain why. He came to power with so much hope that he would do better than his predecessors, no sooner was his administration hijacked by all sorts of criminals and he was frozen in fear of dealing with them.

I'm not shifting any goal post, in the next election present me with a candidate I'm convinced is better than Buhari and I will vote for him. That is the way it works.

If Buhari should lose the confidence of Nigerians, just like Jonathan he should be shown the way out. No sentimentality, our collective wellbeing is more important.

FYI Buhary till he kaput in Aso rock.

Sai Barber!

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by VeecThorr(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

I will vote for Buhari ten times over a very incompetent Jonathan who was so weak he couldn't bring any of the looters in his government to justice.
His wife allegedly built a billion naira hotel, what business was she involved in? What is the source of the money?

How many looters has Buhari prosecuted? Be doing yourself there.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

FYI Buhary till he kaput in Aso rock.

Sai Barber!

Buhari till you learn to vote your conscience. A few bags of rice at election times does not indicate a free for all and a deluge of feebies after election. Control your long-throat and think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by dominusgai(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

I will vote for Buhari ten times over a very incompetent Jonathan who was so weak he couldn't bring any of the looters in his government to justice.
His wife allegedly built a billion naira hotel, what business was she involved in? What is the source of the money?

I wanted to keep quiet, but after reading through the whole posts, I saw that the stupidity of all your post is like zworld, extraordinary everyday.

You see from your post I see u don't understand the meaning of democracy. Democracy is not doing what you think is right for the people, but doing what they want. If what they want is not right for them, then it is the duty of the leader to present the needed change in an enticing manner to the people.

Do you know how many people blasts Donald trump and openly insult him? There was even a picture of a woman riding a bicycle alongside him to tell him Bleep u. you don't see him attempting to shut the media down.

Now back to GEJ, he was the definition of democracy. No matter how good his policies are, you don't implement them if you can't make the people want them.

Now as for Buhari, he came in, guns blazing, not minding who is affected by his policies. made people suffer unnecessarily.

The moment as a government your policies make more people suffer than benefit, you have failed.

And for ur information, it is still d militants that are guarding the pipelines, and he is paying them. he tried to fight them but advice himself to stop after they blew up some terminals several times.

And he is also paying subsidies on fuel.
Don't worry, oil is now over $50 per barrel. When they are kicked out in 2019, we will see if they saved or squandered the treasury too.

3 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

Buhari till you learn to vote your conscience. A few bags of rice at election times does not indicate a free for all and a deluge of feebies after election. Control your long-throat and think.

I believe this message should be for you and our brothers & sisters in SW. They should not allow one individual to give them 1k in order to sell their future.

Do you remember, Jeun so ke' (AD), ko tun jeun sa'po. Meaning vote AD on the ballot and get your share of the bribe...

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
dominusgai:

I wanted to keep quiet, but after reading through the whole posts, I saw that the stupidity of all your post is like zworld, extraordinary everyday.

You see from your post I see u don't understand the meaning of democracy. Democracy is not doing what you think is right for the people, but doing what they want. If what they want is not right for them, then it is the duty of the leader to present the needed change in an enticing manner to the people.

Do you know how many people blasts Donald trump and openly insult him? There was even a picture of a woman riding a bicycle alongside him to tell him Bleep u. you don't see him attempting to shut the media down.

Now back to GEJ, he was the definition of democracy. No matter how good his policies are, you don't implement them if you can't make the people want them.

Now as for Buhari, he came in, guns blazing, not minding who is affected by his policies. made people suffer unnecessarily.

The moment as a government your policies make more people suffer than benefit, you have failed.

And for ur information, it is still d militants that are guarding the pipelines, and he is paying them. he tried to fight them but advice himself to stop after they blew up some terminals several times.

Don't worry, oil is now over $50 per barrel. When they are kicked out in 2019, we will see if they saved or squandered the treasury too.

You are a slowpoke if you can't point to where I argued that democracy is doing only what the leader wants or even support any kind of censorship on the media.
Jonathan was the definition of democracy? Of course he was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Guestlander: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

I believe this message should be for you and our brothers & sisters in SW. They should not allow one individual to give them 1k in order to sell their future.

Do you remember, Jeun so ke' (AD), ko tun jeun sa'po. Meaning vote AD on the ballot and get your share of the bribe...

Perhaps if you and your family had listened to your own conscience and not what Tinubu told you or gave you perhaps you could have gotten the president you wanted and not bother us with your lamentations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
FarahAideed:
Buhari should ask Ambode why no one is criticizing ambode online? its very very simple Ambode despite a few shortcomings has shown Lagosians he means well for them but Buhari by all his actions has shown he means bad for the average Nigerian and we have to make sure this is his last tenure
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
dominusgai:

Thanks!

Some of Buhary defenders are so clueless that they refused to update their memory.

I remember some sycophants here gallivanting about how Buhary will cancel the pipeline contracts given to the militants and deployed the Navy instead... Buhary FAILED woefully

I also remember how they made noise about the subsidy and how corrupt the last administration was... even Buhary himself asked: 'what is fuel subsidy'?, now the yeye fowl is paying subsidy in FULL despite hike in the fuel pump price.

Some of the Zone-Bs cannot be redeemed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by onegig(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

You are a slowpoke if you can't point to where I argued that democracy is doing only what the leader wants or even support any kind of censorship on the media.

I see you are far well read and abreast about things and not coloured by silly ethnic inclinations.

You should ignore those things. Arguing with them is akin to arguing with agberos at Oshodi isale. You can't beat them at their mudslinging game.

If anyone would come here and still shout GEJ and say he was a definition of democracy then that should have told you that person has an IQ less than my shoe size.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
Guestlander:

Perhaps if you and your family had listened to your own conscience and not what Tinubu told you or gave you perhaps you could have gotten the president you wanted and no bother us with your lamentations.

My message is clear to you... stop being a sycophant grin

Buhary is a failure!

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Jesusloveyou: 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Firefire:

Me voted Buhary... grin

Buhary till he kaput inside Asorock...
no more money to steal again.
Keep on wailing till you die

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Firefire(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
no more money to steal again.
Keep on wailing till you die

Whoever wishes me dead will surely die in my place.

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Myde4naija(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
letusbepieces:

We had GEJ there, nairaland grew under GEJ, no government intervention, in fact Gov follow they argue their case as Seun Osewa can attest. (BEEF RENO OMOKIRI)

Then 4 no good or valid reason Yoruba started hating him. This started with the Afonja then the Christian ones joined as soon as they saw Osinbajo.

I dont think Seun supported Buhari whole heartedly becos i saw his activities on FP, however, he joined his yoruba brothers. My question is wat has the Yoruba gained from all this?

Boko Haram or the addition of IPOB and NDA? Wat have yorubas gained?

They say GEJ gave Igbo position,(Finance Minister and Aviation Minister) are they that wicked not to understand that they have had 8years(OBJ) in power and the Igbos none?

GEJ tried to appease a people that felt marginalize and keep them Nigerians.

Today, they are Biafrans.
IBO people have been agitating for sovereign state since 1966, please be realistic and don't let sentiment cover ur sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by jacyhelen(f): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
dre11:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-clamps-online-newspapers-others/

zoombies,make una get ready to shout sai baba till 3098...

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by jacyhelen(f): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
doctokwus:

You just noticing?
Earlier before this,Radio stations had been forced to cut down on the number of phone in programs they can air,and to stop the airing of "unscreened" phone in responses.
Radio continental probably saw where it was heading and has completely wiped out its talk programs. and rebranded its name and genre for good measure.
This goverment is trying to get away with unimaginable atrocities and wants to hear only views and posts from Buhari as s lickers,but it wont be allowed.
We fought GEJ passionately and would do same with Buhari.He can only shut out the voices and views of timid illiterates,but long as God gives one life,the goverment will continue being exposed for its follies.

zoombies that voted messiah..Too early to cry ooooo

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by ernieboy(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
doctokwus:

You just noticing?
Earlier before this,Radio stations had been forced to cut down on the number of phone in programs they can air,and to stop the airing of "unscreened" phone in responses.
Radio continental probably saw where it was heading and has completely wiped out its talk programs. and rebranded its name and genre for good measure.
This goverment is trying to get away with unimaginable atrocities and wants to hear only views and posts from Buhari as s lickers,but it wont be allowed.
We fought GEJ passionately and would do same with Buhari.He can only shut out the voices and views of timid illiterates,but long as God gives one life,the goverment will continue being exposed for its follies.
the govt will only be able to block sites for those who are uninformed, even advanced countries likely China and USA cannot completely block out any site. it is the internet we are talking about, there are tools for circumventing any wall and trust me those tools are easy to use.

1 Like

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Inova(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
letusbepieces:

We had GEJ there, nairaland grew under GEJ, no government intervention, in fact Gov follow they argue their case as Seun Osewa can attest. (BEEF RENO OMOKIRI)

Then 4 no good or valid reason Yoruba started hating him. This started with the Afonja then the Christian ones joined as soon as they saw Osinbajo.

I dont think Seun supported Buhari whole heartedly becos i saw his activities on FP, however, he joined his yoruba brothers. My question is wat has the Yoruba gained from all this?

Boko Haram or the addition of IPOB and NDA? Wat have yorubas gained?

They say GEJ gave Igbo position,(Finance Minister and Aviation Minister) are they that wicked not to understand that they have had 8years(OBJ) in power and the Igbos none?

GEJ tried to appease a people that felt marginalize and keep them Nigerians.

Today, they are Biafrans.
Sorry he did not appease any of you. Had he appeased the Igbos you have gotten your Independence or at least development in the East.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by jacyhelen(f): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
omogin:
God will punish buhari, una go see am.

hahhahahahahaha..easy oooo..this m
Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by Iamzik: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
GavelSlam:
There must be censorship of divisive news media.

You cannot instigate the people against constituted authority on the simple but often abused premise of freedom of speech.

You only copy western democracy when it suits you. If Trump were like like Buhari he would have shut down CNN, ABC, wapo ,nytimes and the likes.

Criticism By citizens and free press is what differentiates democracy from dictatorship

2 Likes

Re: FG Clamps Down On Online Newspapers, Blogs And Websites by GavelSlam: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Iamzik:

You only copy western democracy when it suits you. If Trump were like like Buhari he would have shut down CNN, ABC, wapo ,nytimes and the likes.

Criticism By citizens and free press is what differentiates democracy from dictatorship

How many old media houses did he throw out of the white house?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Those Who Joined Akpabio To Defect To APC / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.