Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,145 members, 7,957,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures (14068 Views)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2017
angry

Men of integrity keep their words. He didn't see far, letting emotions control. his actions

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by teflonjake(m): 7:13am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:
believe a Yoruba man's word at ur own risk.
They barely know who to stand for or stand against.

Ever wonder why d fight has always been between Hausa and Igbos?

What's the meaning of AFONJA please?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by dee02(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2017
buchilino:
Mr WOLE, UR BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS MASTURBATING WITH POLITICIANS.

And he came on your face grin
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Skmoda360(m): 7:15am On Nov 06, 2017
SOFTENGR:
He simply lacks integrity, going back to his vomit.
can you go back and read his last statement?.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Activeman391(m): 7:17am On Nov 06, 2017
I Haff tire at this news
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by buchilino(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2017
dee02:

And he came on your face grin
U WILL NOT SPOIL MY DAY WITH UR DIRTY THOUGHTS N IMAGINATIONS.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Escobar7(m): 7:20am On Nov 06, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Soyinka lost what little honour he had left since he started hobnobbing with Rotimi Amaechi and the rest of the APC crooks; the same problem that 'pastors' Osinbade and Adesina are now facing. I however will not play the tribal card about Yorubas and their legendary two-facedness for fear of being politically incorrect grin

As that wise septuagenarian Uzbezkistani florist once said, 'sheep wey dey waka with dog go learn to chop shiit.'

He barely hobnobs with them politically, Amaechi is just a fellow pirate who hosted him to a party.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by tolexy123: 7:21am On Nov 06, 2017
DanseMacabre:

I'd be wasting by words on a numbskull like you.
you'v got nothing to say and you know dat but now av given you a clue
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by famology(m): 7:22am On Nov 06, 2017
Jst lyk d average Nigerian politician,another broken promise.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2017
What has he contributed to the USA or even Nigeria. he is so irrelevant. Iranu undecided

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by coluka: 7:29am On Nov 06, 2017
Jilo83:
Some people can't understand simple english. Be A CITIZEN of a country an VISITING a country.
The fact still remain that Soyinka is no more a citizen of US.

Abeg siddon one corner. He said he would tear his green card. What does that mean? Is green card for American citizens or Nigerians? Stop trying to shift the goal post in the middle of the match. Soyinka goofed and that's it. The truth is that Trump and majority of Americans don't give a fvck about Soyinka, It is Soyinka that actually needs the US

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by uncleade(m): 7:29am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

Go back to school and learn english. you are either poor in english language or you lacks understanding. fo*lish Igbo sh*t.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by ManiCypher(m): 7:33am On Nov 06, 2017
TYPICAL YORUBA SYNDROME.... DOUBLE MOUTHED,

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by kingthreat(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

He tore his US Greencard. Your hero Nnamdi Kanu cannot even spit on his UK passport talkless of tearing it

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by nairavsdollars(f): 7:48am On Nov 06, 2017
he has no integrity.Reno warned him then that recession will force him to return to US

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by ghuzy01: 7:49am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

To say you are a fool is an understatement.idiot.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Adebowale89(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

and have u ever win a battle against the hausas? the civil war and recent python dance is still lingering in people of aba
memory

your sense of reasoning is in a sorry case
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by ghuzy01: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2017
But why are igbos filled with so much hate, bitterness and anger against the Yorubas? The funny part is that the latter barely cares about them.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by totorimi: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2017
A man of honor is bond by his words in Naija is not a child's play it has shown him 'khaki no be leather. The smelliness of bubu govt is unbearable for him so let him rather go and beg presideny Trump to overlook his childish behavior and have mercy for disrespecting their green card, but then this has shown that he never really threw away his green card.

So to add lies to it is what I dont understand.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Jaideyone(m): 8:02am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

see your life. the fight as always been between Hausa and Igbo yet you keep bringing Yoruba into your issues like we are responsible for all your life troubles and misfortunes.

so according to your brainless logic. if I say I'll tear my green card and I do that also equates to I'll never enter the US again? you should get a refund on your education.

lastly all Yorubas are not trustworthy and all ibos are trustworthy. very good logic from you. eleribu omo

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by obailala(m): 8:16am On Nov 06, 2017
A lot of Nigerians are just too dumb for comfort. A man vows to shred his permanent residency card and return to Nigeria. How the brains of some people processed that info to mean 'he would NEVER VISIT the country to deliver lectures from time to time' is another marvel. Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by almarthins(m): 8:24am On Nov 06, 2017
internationalman:

Shey na trump Soyinka wan chop!

Make I no forget dem dey call am make him return na, he is needed right there. Who among u know d worth of Soyinka or even value him in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Jaideyone(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2017
rozayx5:
SW people are known for this

very unstable lot

reason the north feel very comfortable with them

cause they are guaranteed holding the whole country to ransom

undecided undecided undecided
he promised to tear his green card. he did. he's now going as an alien. that's what SE people are known for poor reasoning ability and shortsightedness

BTW KANU promised to go to abuja and bring buhari's head. he promised he won't run away. he promised you Biafra. Soyinka wasn't even talking to you when he made his own promise. where is kanu?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by ThatFairGuy: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2017
Hmmmmmmmn!
internationalman:

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by ThatFairGuy: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2017
Jaideyone:
he promised to tear his green card. he did. he's now going as an alien. that's what SE people are known for poor reasoning ability and shortsightedness

BTW KANU promised to go to abuja and bring buhari's head. he promised he won't run away. he promised you Biafra. Soyinka wasn't even talking to you when he made his own promise. where is kanu?

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2017
What he did at the time was simply symbolic. He tore his green card which simply means relinquishing his rights as a citizen of America.

Accordingly, this does not restrict his rights to free movement.

Must you lot on Nairaland insult people and their ethnic affiliations to feel good.

Product of bad parenting. God knows the kind of children you will bring up.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by Ejanla07: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2017
our people..

its our work oooo

talk from both side of our mouth.....

we re not to be trusted

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by AkumahTalk(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2017
Soyinka abeg use shame go...Is it just me or is this nobel man acting a bit childish
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by internationalman(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2017
Jaideyone:
see your life. the fight as always been between Hausa and Igbo yet you keep bringing Yoruba into your issues like we are responsible for all your life troubles and misfortunes.

so according to your brainless logic. if I say I'll tear my green card and I do that also equates to I'll never enter the US again? you should get a refund on your education.

lastly all Yorubas are not trustworthy and all ibos are trustworthy. very good logic from you. eleribu omo
why are u so pained nau broad.
sorry I didn't mean to hurt u.
Re: Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures by internationalman(m): 9:45am On Nov 06, 2017
kingthreat:

He tore his US Greencard. Your hero Nnamdi Kanu cannot even spit on his UK passport talkless of tearing it
I'm not an ipob.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Harry Potter Encourage Witchcraft? / Susan’s Diary; Friday’s Experience / INSOMNIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.