Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria (2448 Views)

Femi Taiwo Responds To Reno Omokri's Allegation About Election Results Server / IPOB Election Boycott Campaign In Anambra (Photos) / Anambra Governorship Election: IPOB Insists On Election Boycott (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 10:49am On Nov 05, 2017
let me say this on record
it is very laughable when i read people's comment on election boycott stating that it does not change anything

Now listen to me and take it into ur skull...election boycott will have major impact if possible grave consequences if there is no election, because the electoral acts states that u need two-third majority of accredited vote cast to win any political office

When that happens?there won't be a declared winner,which means that all the candidates will start going to court(case upon cases..i pity the election tribunals,they will be having a field day because it is going to be an infinite case,and upcoming cases of election boycott to be heard..which means some politicians will start losing interest)...what is the negative impact?the negative impact is that there is no winner and government activity will be affected or crippled.

Whereby there is no winner...the FG might use measures to appoint someone that will take over...which i know might not be feasible.and even if it works,it won't stay for a very long time coz the constitution did not demand such person to be in charge for a long period of time....such actions will still affect the smooth running of government in the affected states or federation

Now what is the end point?

the end point is that Nigeria will be exposed to the world that there was an election boycott by majority of people or some section of the country, which will be a point of debate by the congress of the United Nations why there was disenfranchisement or voters apathy of eligible voters

What will the UN Assembly be looking at or the matter of urgent discuss?

what is the remote cause of election boycott?what do the want?has that thing they have been protecting all they years working?how can it be solve?let's look for a solution that will be feasible to all and sundry so that there won't be any breakdown of law and order,Loss of human life as enshrined in the UN human right Charter.Chaos and Anarchy and to stop any Inevitable war or any political turmoil

And after series of discussion....you and I knows what is next?

To my humble conclusion i think IPOB is winning the war.

God bless us all.Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by fellowman: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2017
HISTORY WILL BE MADE IN ANAMBRA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by nengibo: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2017
As usual the Igbos didn't think this one through.

1 Like

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by kernel505: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2017
nengibo:

Leave them to live with the consequences.

5 Likes

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by magoo10(m): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2017
buhari and his fanatics thinks it is all about guns and shooting people all the time, by the time the ideology behind election boycott comes to full light nobody will tell the world that the igbos have truly made a decision.
It is going to be gradual but the point will surely be made no matter the time it takes we must secure the future of our children children.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by nengibo: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2017
kernel505:

Leave them to live with the consequences.
I hold una before?
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by kernel505: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2017
nengibo:
I hold una before?
B concerned about stuffs relating to Nigeria, against the odd of Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2017
nengibo:

Can't deduce ur point Mr Man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2017
Two or 3 weeks ago, the opposition leader of Kenya, Raila Odinga, boycotted Kenya Presidential election. By boycotting the elections, Mr Odinga knew he was giving the incumbent president, Uhuru Kenyatta a clear victory.

However, Odinga knew that the boycott would take the legitimacy away from Kenyattas victory. So even though Kenyatta will continue as president, he will always be seen an illegitimate president who came to office through a hollow victory.

There is power in election boycott and I urge my fellow Igbos to use it. This is no longer about who come to power, some of us have been voting since the 90's till today, what has come out of it? Nigwria is still a messed up place. So what did we vote for? So one thief after the other can come in, smile in our face, cart away our money and in four we go to elect the next thief?

One thing I know as a proud Igbo man, I will never vote again in Nigeria. If someone gives me money to vote, I will gladly take the money but still not vote.

I urge ny fellow Anambarians to boycott the November 18th elections

OFE NSALA!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Spylord48: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2017
Opposition boycotted elections in kenya the other day,was Uhuru Kenyatta not declared the winner?
For your information Un doesn't care if you boycott your election or not.Nigeria is a sovereign state. How many times have Un and Us threaten Myanmar because of Rohingya crisis or even Dutere of Philippines because of the drug war yet nothing happened.
This is Africa and the only thing that can draw these people's attention is if they are tired of killings and selling weapons to you for fighting, they only come in in the name of humanitarian crisis. Every country is all about interest and profits
If you like boycott elections, someone must be declared a winner and will rule over you and there is nothing You can do than to groan.
Catalonia declared independence yet it didn't last up to a week because none of these countries in the international communities give a damn.
This is Africa and none of these countries will give a damn to your agitations if you are putting their interests or profits at stake!!!!
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Spylord48: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2017
gidgiddy:
Two or 3 weeks ago, the opposition leader of Kenya, Raila Odinga, boycotted Kenya Presidential election. By boycotting the elections, Mr Odinga knew he was giving the incumbent president, Uhuru Kenyatta a clear victory.

However, Odinga knew that the boycott would take the legitimacy away from Kenyattas victory. So even though Kenyatta will continue as president, he will always be seen an illegitimate president who came to office through a hollow victory.

There is power in election boycott and I urge my fellow Igbos to use it. This is no longer about who come to power, some of us have been voting since the 90's till today, what has come out of it? Nigwria is still a messed up place. So what did we vote for? So one thief after the other can come in, smile in our face, cart away our money and in four we go to elect the next thief?

One thing I know as a proud Igbo man, I will never vote again in Nigeria. If someone gives me money to vote, I will gladly take the money but still not vote.

I urge ny fellow Anambarians to boycott the November 18th elections

OFE NSALA!

offcourse even if Kenyans see it's government as illegitimate will that prevent him from completing his full tenure? The only party That can settle that matter is the supreme court but yet they shy away from it.Election boycott doesn't work in 21st century. instead you are doing yourself
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by victorvezx(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:
it is very laughable when i read people's comment on election boycott stating that it does not change anything

Now listen to me and take it into ur skull...election boycott will have major impact if possible grave consequences if there is no election, because the electoral acts states that u need two-third majority of accredited vote cast to win any political office

When that happens?there won't be a declared winner,which means that all the candidates will start going to court(case upon cases..i pity the election tribunals,they will be having a field day because it is going to be an infinite case,and upcoming cases of election boycott to be heard..which means some politicians will start losing interest)...what is the negative impact?the negative impact is that there is no winner and government activity will be affected or crippled.

Whereby there is no winner...the FG might use measures to appoint someone that will take over...which i know might not be feasible.and even if it works,it won't stay for a very long time coz the constitution did not demand such person to be in charge for a long period of time....such actions will still affect the smooth running of government in the affected states or federation

the end point is that Nigeria will be exposed to the world that there was an election boycott by majority of people or some section of the country, which will be a point of debate by the congress of the United Nations why there was disenfranchisement or voters apathy of eligible voters

what is the remote cause of election boycott?what do the want?has that thing they have been protecting all they years working?how can it be solve?let's look for a solution that will be feasible to all and sundry so that there won't be any breakdown of law and order,Loss of human life as enshrined in the UN human right Charter.Chaos and Anarchy and to stop any Inevitable war or any political turmoil

God bless us all.Amen.
The truth is that there won't be 100% boycott. Many people will still vote even if there is low turn out. Remember Nigeria practise majority carries the vote. So no matter the low turn out, the person with the highest vote wins. It is only deluded person that thinks no single person will vote. Every political party has thousands of party faithfuls, plus another thousands that love the policies of their respective government, those are the people that will decide who win.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Spylord48: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
victorvezx:

The truth is that there won't be 100% boycott. Many people will still vote even if there is low turn out. Remember Nigeria practise majority carries the vote. So no matter the low turn out, the person with the highest vote wins. It is only deluded person that thinks no single person will vote. Every political party has thousands of party faithfuls, plus another thousands that love the policies of their respective government, those are the people that will decide who win.

leave them to keep dreaming. if an irresponsible person win and start owing salaries or even tax people more,they will stil be the same people to complain but were karma will work is that they will still pay the tax and the person will government them for four full years.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
victorvezx:

you need to be enlighten about the required number of votes to win in an election

A candidate must have two/third majority of accredited votes and 50% vote cast

A situation whereby those eligible accredited voters that are meant to vote did not turn up or few participated in the election,which renders the two/third votes useless because they did not make up the required number of votes

it will be declared persona non grata and the law court will be asked to take up the matter,all the candidates will heed to court to jostle for their right

1 Like

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by nengibo: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
kernel505:

B concerned about stuffs relating to Nigeria, against the odd of Biafra.
Is this biafraland? Next time post it where you wont get an opinion different from yours
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by victorvezx(m): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:

you need to be enlighten about the required number of votes to win in an election

A candidate must have two/third majority of accredited votes and 50% vote cast

A situation whereby those eligible accredited voters that are meant to vote did not turn up or few participated in the election,which renders the two/third votes useless because they did not make up the required number of votes

it will be declared persona non grata and the law court will be asked to take up the matter,all the candidates will heed to court to jostle for their right

Hahahaha, keep deceiving urself. The last Edo state election is a case study, low turn out but a governor was declared. In fact, low turn out is not usually stated, what INEC always care about is conducting the election and giving the one with the majority vote the win. U people will shoot urself on the foot on that day. The majority vote will win, even if they go court , the incumbent governor and winner will still be in charge of the state till the court case is finished. And remember, no opposition has ever defeated an incumbent governor in the court in the history of Nigeria. So the incumbent governor will end up staying .
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by kernel505: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
nengibo:

Is this biafraland? Next time post it where you wont get an opinion different from yours

This forum is on net, and people comment on issues affecting them, how does Biafra issue affect you?

1 Like

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2017
The op has proven he has reading disability lol. You get two run off elections then simple majority takes win. Check our my other thread if you want facts about electoral law.

(5) In default of a candidate duly elected under subsection (4) of this section, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall within seven days of the result of the election held under that subsection, arrange for another election between the two candidates to which that sub-paragraph relates and a candidate at such election shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of a Governor of a State if he has a majority of the votes cast at the election.

TimFisher:

Mr parrot where did you read this in constitution? Your just repeating talking points you heard because you were to lazy to read actually electoral law all the way parrot. You would know winning is declared no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by nengibo: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
kernel505:

This forum is on net, and people comment on issues
I couldn't agree more
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Blue3k:
The op has proven he has reading disability lol. You get two run off elections then simple majority takes win. Check our my other thread if you want facts about electoral law.

Mr parrot where did you read this in constitution? Your just repeating talking points you heard because you were to lazy to read actually electoral law all the way. You would know winning is declared no matter what.

Mr Tortoise that can't comprehend intelligently about electoral laws what Run-off-election meant that two candidates that secured the highest number of votes by 50% or the highest number of votes will be reschedule to take the Run-off-election

whereby the number of votes of candidates is not up to 10% because of voters apathy...so u mean runoff election should be conducted to all the candidates.... Mr Man u need ur brain to be examine stop thinking with ur retina.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:

Mr Tortoise that can't comprehend intelligently about electoral laws what Run-off-election meant that two candidates that secured the highest number of votes by 50% or the highest number of votes will be reschedule to take the Run-off-election

whereby the number of votes of candidates is not up to 10% because of voters apathy...so u mean runoff election should be conducted to all the candidates.... Mr Man u need ur brain to be examined stop thinking with ur retina.

Lol still trying to argue with simple English right in your face. How intelligent of you Igbos. No you're adding words. It's pathetic you can't read. It says simple majority in 3rd election and your arguing.

(4) In default of a candidate duly elected under subsection (2) of this section, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall within seven days of the result of the election held under that subsection, arrange for an election between the two candidates and a candidate at such election shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of a Governor of a State if—
(a) he has a majority of the votes cast at the election ; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the local government areas in the State

(5) In default of a candidate duly elected under subsection (4) of this section, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall within seven days of the result of the election held under that subsection, arrange for another election between the two candidates to which that sub-paragraph relates and a candidate at such election shall be deemed to have been duly elected to the office of a Governor of a State if he has a majority of the votes cast at the election.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Spylord48: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:

whereby the number of votes of candidates is not up to 10% because of voters apathy...so u mean runoff election should be conducted to all the candidates.... Mr Man u need ur brain to be examine stop thinking with ur retina.

how many times have you that Inec conducted a runoff election?

One thing you don't know about Anambra election is that money will be involved. don't be suprised that day that the polling unit near your house that nobody voted will announce that thousand voted there.
This is Nigeria and money can solve anything.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by CrtlAltDel: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:

God bless us all.Amen.
Again I will bookmark this and resurrect it after the election, just as we resurrected all the ultimatums, deadline, so called intelligent insight issued by dem dem in the past especially during Jesus Kanu reign. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Again I will bookmark this and resurrect it after the election, just as we resurrected all the ultimatums, deadline, so calked intelligent insight issued by dem dem in the past especially during Jesus Kanu reign. grin grin

You have been granted!
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
CrtlAltDel:

Again I will bookmark this and resurrect it after the election, just as we resurrected all the ultimatums, deadline, so called intelligent insight issued by dem dem in the past especially during Jesus Kanu reign. grin grin

The guy has reading disability or simply too lazy to think for himself. It's easy to shut down these people with facts. This is why he never bothered references constitution in this whole post. He stopped reading at subsection 4.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2017
Spylord48:

how many times have you that Inec conducted a runoff election?

One thing you don't know about Anambra election is that money will be involved. don't be suprised that day that the polling unit near your house that nobody voted will announce that thousand voted there.
This is Nigeria and money can solve anything.

Run-off-elections were conducted in Imo,Abia and Taraba.

in Imo state,Okorocha vs Ihedioha....in Abia state Ikpeazu vs Alex Otti....in Taraba run-off election
between Darius Ishaku of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) and Senator
Aisha Jummai Alhassan of the All
Progressives Congress (APC) in Taraba
state.

Get ur facts right...stop arguing blindly

About the election in Anambra....under which eyes of all these you laid will happen...were every party agents will be on ground to monitor the number of registered votes and votes casted

Ogbeni am not buying this....pls try again
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
Blue3k:

The guy has reading disability or simply too lazy to think for himself. It's easy to shut down these people with facts. This is why he never bothered references constitution in this whole post. He stopped reading at subsection 4.

And you have understanding disability to know that run-off-elections are product of (a)Majority votes cast (b)Votes not less than one-third

so when section (a)&(b) are not in tandem or missing because of election boycott which will amount to little votes....so run-off-election should be conducted Mr Tortoise?
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by Blue3k(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
TimFisher:

And you have understanding disability to know that run-off-elections are product of (a)Majority votes cast (b)Votes not less than one-third

so when section (a)&(b) are not in tandem or missing because of election boycott which will amount to little votes....so run-off-election should be conducted Mr Tortoise.

Lol still arguing with black and white words in face. You'll be the first to claim your a graduate. Lol your argument is so daft. The run off elections occur because they defaulted from previous requirements. During second run off. It's simple majority.

Only an an Idiotic Pig of Biafra couldn't understand this basic point. He's even asking dumb question because he can't read. Do you think the politicians, their families and campaign teams going boycott election. Simple majority of votes cast is all that's need. While your at home eating Nsala soup the election will be decided.

Look up word default in section 5. You don't need 2/3 majority. Keep exposing your ineptitude ipob. Show me in section 5 where it says 2/3.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by victorvezx(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol still arguing with black and white words in face. You'll be the first to claim your a graduate. Lol your argument is so daft. The run off elections occur because they defaulted from previous requirements. During second run off. It's simple majority.

Only an an Idiotic Pig of Biafra couldn't understand this basic point. He's even asking dumb question because he can't read. Do you think the politicians, their families and campaign teams going boycott election. Simple majority of votes cast is all that's need. While your at home eating Nsala soup the election will be decided.

Look up word default in section 5. You don't need 2/3 majority. Keep exposing your ineptitude ipob. Show me in section 5 where it says 2/3.

My guy u are too much. Don't mind that fool, he is desperately trying to sound intelligent. U should have known one thing about this Ipob touts is that they never accept defeat in an argument, because it will mean they are failures. U have completely finished the guy on his own thread.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Blue3k:

why can't u deduce simple electoral laws

I won't keep arguing on this same topic

run-off-election does not come when there is no election...take that into ur empty skull.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by TimFisher: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
victorvezx:

My guy u are too much. Don't mind that fool, he is desperately trying to sound intelligent. U should have known one thing about this Ipob touts is that they never accept defeat in an argument, because it will mean they are failures. U have completely finished the guy on his own thread.

see who is talking?.... are u sure u re ok?

am not the cause of ur frustration

what makes me an Ipob

If you against the evil mechanism and anomaly of this country... u are ipob....that's very funny

Anyway u can continue with ur asslicking.its good for ur health.
Re: Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria by ntyce(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
Seems the OP does not know the meaning of accredited votes.
Accreditation occurs on election day.
It doesn't mean eligible voters.

For instance, there may be 2000 registered voters in a unit.
500 may decide to turn up and vote, they get accredited and later vote.

Decision is based on 500 voters not the 2000.

You boycott at your own peril

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Excitement In Anambra As Work Begins On Abandoned Otuocha- Anam–kogi Federal Rd / Boko Haram: US Finally Reacts To Release Of Dapchi Girls / Abba Kyari Gets As Much As Osibanjo, Check Monthly Running Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.