Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,201 members, 7,867,491 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (80149 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
achorladey:

It shouldn't be I can only say......... there must be enough back up scripturally as to what you say. Now let me point something out to you.
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
Who fits this scripture......... Jehovah(Almighty God) or Jesus.
Make sure you read that scripture very well and reflect back on your analogy that Jesus completes God and the fullness of Almighty God dwells in Jesus bodily.

Well, it's the scriptures that pointed that nothing was created without Jesus! The same scriptures made us to realise he's been with God, even before the world was made. The scriptures stated that Jesus is the brightness of God's glory and the fullness of God lies in him.

The thing you are having problem is refusing to believe that Jesus has God's power and can do same thing as the Father because he's always been a part of him before he was made into a flesh for us and even after becoming a flesh (the son of God), it still doesn't stop the fact that he's still a part of him and will always be.

The thing is if you worship Jesus, you're worshipping God as well and that was why the scriptures told us that every knees must bow and worship at the mention of Jesus name. Jesus confirmed itself when he told Philip that he's the father! One thing I want you to realise is the fact that we only have 1 high priest through which we can go to the father and that's Jesus. If you're failing to acknowledge Jesus, then you have no part in God, because Jesus is a part of God made manifested to us.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

Well, it's the scriptures that pointed that nothing was created without Jesus! The same scriptures made us to realise he's been with God, even the before the world was made. The scriptures stated that Jesus is the brightness of God's glory and the fullness of God lies in him.

The thing you are having problem is refusing to believe that Jesus has God's power and can do same thing as the Father because he's always been a part of him before he was made into a flesh for us and even after becoming a flesh (the son of God), it still doesn't stop the fact that he's still a part of him and will always be.

The thing is if you worship Jesus, you're worshipping God as well and that was why the scriptures told us that every knees must bow and worship at the mention of Jesus name. Jesus confirmed itself when he told Philip that he's the father! One thing I want to make you realise is the fact that we only have 1 high priest through which we can go the father and that's Jesus. If you're failing to acknowledge Jesus, then you have no part in God, because Jesus is a part of God made manifested to us.
I see this as back tracking and trying to split the Father(Jehovah) from Jesus(the only begotten son of God. The JWs will forever and I will repeat again forever, acknowledged the works of Jesus in the outworking of Jehovah's purposes. Furthermore, they also appreciate the fact that the son did all he did to the glory of Jehovah. That is why he confidently say so in John 17:3 that everlasting life means knowing the only true God(Jehovah) and Jesus Christ. Even in John 17:3 the glory goes to Jehovah first. Despite the fact that Jesus knows it is through him all mankind will be blessed.
Atleast you are comfortable to say we have one high priest(Jesus Christ) who pleads on our behalf to Jehovah who all glory, honour and power belongs to.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
achorladey:

What does the acts of Stephen in the book of Acts have to say about this your ONE BEING? Point it out if you know. Please don't come back and tell us the "us" and "ours" in Genesis account refer to Jesus and other GOD BEINGS(permit me to use this) because according to you they are indivisible and it's just One BEING.

I don't know what act of stephen you're talking about. Pls, quote it.

The thing is we have the Word in a being called God and both are joined by one Holy Spirit. This make them one being! The word is a part of God and this word was made to come to us in flesh, becoming the son of the most high God and ascended to sit at right hand of the Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

I don't know what act of stephen you're talking about. Pls, quote it.

The thing is we have the Word in a being called God and both are joined by one Holy Spirit. This make them one being! The word is a part of God and this word was made to come to us in flesh, a son of the most high God and ascended to sit at right hand of the Father.
Did Stephen say they are joined by the Holy Spirit when he saw God and Jesus when the heavens opened? Did Stephen saw just ONE BEING? Oga no dey put atamo-atamo say it as it is. I am beginning to wonder where you get the scope of the Son of the most high sitting on the right hand of the Father?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
achorladey:

I see this as back tracking and trying to split the Father(Jehovah) from Jesus(the only begotten son of God. The JWs will forever and I will repeat again forever, acknowledged the works of Jesus in the outworking of Jehovah's purposes. Furthermore, they also appreciate the fact that the son did all he did to the glory of Jehovah. That is why he confidently say so in John 17:3 that everlasting life means knowing the only true God(Jehovah) and Jesus Christ. Even in John 17:3 the glory goes to Jehovah first. Despite the fact that Jesus knows it is through him all mankind will be blessed.
Atleast you are comfortable to say we have one high priest(Jesus Christ) who pleads on our behalf to Jehovah who all glory, honour and power belongs to.

Read further beyond John 17:3 to verse 4-5... Jesus asked God to glorify him because he has glorified the father on earth and it's time for the Father to glorify the son with that glory he had before the world was made.

The question is what was the glory he had before the world was made? Even as he was here on earth, he kept on saying that he's in the father and the father is in him which shows that they are one and he confirmed it when he asked that we should be one as he's one with Father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
achorladey:

Did Stephen say they are joined by the Holy Spirit when he saw God and Jesus when the heavens opened? Did Stephen saw just ONE BEING? Oga no dey put atamo-atamo say it as it is. I am beginning to wonder where you get the scope of the Son of the most high sitting on the right hand of the Father?

That Word already became Flesh with a soul like us. And yes, they have one spirit and that was why he asked for us to be one as he's already one with the father.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

Read further beyond John 17:3 to verse 4-5... Jesus asked God to glorify because he has glorified the father on earth and it's time for the Father to glorify the son with that glory he had before the world was made.

The question is what is the glory he had before the world was made? Even as he was here on earth, he kept on saying that he's in the father and the father is him which shows that they are one and he confirmed when he asked that we should be one as he's one with Father.

Are you in the Father as well? If yes, are you God? If no, what glory are you?
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
diadem10:

That Word already became Flesh with a soul like us. And yes, they have one spirit and that was why he asked for us to be one as he's already one with the father.
Expansiate your one spirit, is it sense of purpose or what?
Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
achorladey:

Are you in the Father as well? If yes, are you God? If no, what glory are you?

By faith, yes! Well, I'm no God. I had no glory with him right from the beginning like Jesus and I'm not the brightness of God's glory like Jesus nor His fullness.
Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 12:06am On Nov 16, 2017
achorladey:

Expansiate your one spirit, is it sense of purpose or what?

Well, I already stated that the Word was in a being called God with one spirit. What else do I have to say.

You know what? One fact that should be established is the fact that the word becoming a flesh has made Jesus the son of the most high God. So, instead of being just the word alone, he's now both the word and the son as well.

The scriptures made us realise that he was made lower than the angels who are spirits and we already established the fact that God is a spirit. Hence, Jesus was made lower by becoming a flesh so that we can live and that was why he asked God to establish that glory once again because he already accomplished his mission here on earth.
Re: Is Jesus God? by achorladey: 12:08am On Nov 16, 2017
diadem10:

By faith, yes! Well, I'm no God. I had no glory with him right from the beginning like Jesus and I'm not the brightness of God's glory like Jesus nor His fullness.
You will still have to do your research on that as to what glory man is made. The answer to that is directly in front of you, but you will get there eventually.
Re: Is Jesus God? by diadem10: 12:14am On Nov 16, 2017
achorladey:

You will still have to do your research on that as to what glory man is made. The answer to that is directly in front of you, but you will get there eventually.

Of course we were made in God's image. I'm only telling you I'm no God!

However, one thing I know is we are the ones to judge the angels which means that through Christ, we are already lifted above the angels. He confirmed it in his word that when he's lifted from the earth, he will draw all men unto him and the same place he is, we will be.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2017
achorladey:

Give me your definition of tritheism and TRINITY

Tritheism is the belief that cosmic divinity is composed of three powerful entities. As generally conceived, three gods are envisioned as having separate domains and spheres of influence that coalesce into an omnipotent whole. In this primary respect, tritheism differs from cosmic dualism, which often posits two divine powers working in theologic or spiritual opposition.

Tritheism is not supported by the scriptures.

Trinity is the existence of God in three distinct persons or individuals.
Trinity is supported by the bible
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2017
diadem10:

There's no difference between christ and the Word. [/b]We were told the Word was turned into flesh and came to live with us here on earth.

As for the scriptures you quoted, John was simply telling us that Jesus was existing, even before he was manifested to us. His life didn't just begin here on earth.

In fact, this could be likened to an egg which has yolk, albumen and a shell, all which are one body!
actually there is. Before the word became flesh he wasn't called Christ. He wasn't called Christ till after he was baptised. My point is Jesus has always being the eternal Son of God even before he came into the world.
John3:16 states that God sent his only begotten son. The bible didn't say God sent his word who became his son.
John 3:17 [b]For God sent not his Son into the world
to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
@ bold note that Jesus was already the Son of God before he was sent to the world. This is my point.
Shallom
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2017
lovingJehovah:
what evidence have u, that trinity is pagan?
I cannot find trinity in the Bible. Deuteronomy 6:4 Young's Literal Translation
Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.
Jesus said in John 20:17 Your God is the father, Jehovah
The Council of Nicaea met on May 20, 325 [C.E.]. Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, ‘of one substance with the Father.’ . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1970), Volume 6, page 386.
“The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

The Greek word for Godhead is theote's mean the essential nature of God that makes God who he is.
And you believe that Theotes means godhead, yeah? And not deity? or divine quality?
Theotes is an abstract noun derived from theos.
How, then, can you reconcile Colossians 1:19 to Colossians 2:9 if you accept the godhead in the latter?
Can you reconcile the godhead use in Colossians 2:9 to the godhead used here in Acts 17:29 in the Greek scriptures? Do they tally? If not, what then, is the true definition of godhead?

There is no controversy in the word of God. Trinity is fully backed by the bible which is our standard
How do you reconcile Jesus' words in John 20:17; John 17:3;
How do you explain Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah?
How do you put together 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Corinthians 11:3, colossians 1:15; Matthew 24:36 etc?

I will attach some pictures so that you can see the fathers of the Trinity
adjust your post and put them in order
As for those pictures you posted there. It has no relationship with trinity.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2017
achorladey:

Perhaps I missed the last point you made concerning what you believe, I am sorry for that. I only want you to be aware that in writing, when using a material as a source of reference, it adds as proof or backup of your own personal write up. Your references alongside your write up are more like cross examination of what the JWs believe. So you would expect individuals reading your write up to view and see where your loyalty lies. I feel this is what lovingJehovah is trying to show you as well in his response to some of your post earlier.
. Alright I'm really sorry for not having made them clear enough
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2017
solite3:

Tritheism is the belief that cosmic divinity is composed of three powerful entities. As generally conceived, three gods are envisioned as having separate domains and spheres of influence that coalesce into an omnipotent whole. In this primary respect, tritheism differs from cosmic dualism, which often posits two divine powers working in theologic or spiritual opposition.

Tritheism is not supported by the scriptures.

Trinity is the existence of God in three distinct persons or individuals.
Trinity is supported by the bible

as for Trinity, this three persons ... are they equal ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Daeylar(f): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2017
shaybebaby:

The one in which we were advised to never travel to some countries lest we become tainted. grin

This section? Lol
All right I will, when you're ready.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Daeylar(f): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2017
shaybebaby:

Naij, interesting to find you in the other section then. Especially as a female. wink
You'll have to share your journey on that particular route.

Sexism angry
Lol, why do you say so?
Re: Is Jesus God? by shaybebaby(f): 11:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Daeylar:

This section? Lol
All right I will, when you're ready.
Looooool, I didn't even realise what section we are in. Sorry love, bird brained today.
Okey doke hun. I'm really curious.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2017
Daeylar:

Sexism angry
Lol, why do you say so?
Goddess of Victory. smiley
Re: Is Jesus God? by Daeylar(f): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2017
shaybebaby:

Looooool, I didn't even realise what section we are in. Sorry love, bird brained today.

Na I moved the conversation to this section, we were in romance before.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Who are these?
Re: Is Jesus God? by shaybebaby(f): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2017
Daeylar:

Sexism angry
Lol, why do you say so?
Far from it.
Kinda hard to explain in writing as I hate typing epistles. But let's say it's I think it's harder for females considering the injustices they suffer within that society to let go of a big source of succour.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
I am wondering if you have any time to answer my questions now. I am delighted that we're approaching the weekend. You have been running Christians and the Bible under the bus in your numerous posts and threads. In one of your comments on July 22 you even shared your contact provoking Christians for a debate
YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP (08156066958) FOR FULL DEBATE.
WE CAN DIALOGUE ON ONENESS OF GOD, WHO IS JESUS, CRUCIFIXION MATTERS E.T.C
https://www.nairaland.com/3925374/22-bible-verses-love-god/2#58722696

You even PM me to sink the TRUTH in me, perhaps.
After all these displays, I am surprised that you have become busier than the ant all of a sudden.
I will re-post my questions here to make it easy for you. Yours sincerely is still curious for answers.

QUESTIONS
If your koran is truly a book from God and brought to Mohammed by angel Jibril (Gabriel), when does it say that the world would end?
What prophecies in the koran has achieved notable and accurate fulfilment?
Does the koran give historical names of notable people in history that scientists or archaeologists have been able to reconcile? If yes, give us reference please.
The Bible that you critic contains detail in history that we find useful and staggering. I will like to see such in the koran for example, do you believe in the hanging garden of Babylon? Do you believe that there was someone called sennacherib in history?
What does Jerusalem mean to Islam?
Compare Jerusalem and Mecca in Islam.
What is the koran, a book of the law, a history book, a book of God, a book of the angel or a book of the prophet?

In what language was the 10 commandments given to Musa written?
If it wasn't Arabic, why was the koran then written in Arabic?
What is the language of the Angels since angel Jibril spoke Arabic to Mohammed?
How logical is it to have a book written in a strange language, recited by adults who cannot understand that language, and yet claim that their faiths are in that book?
When was the Koran first translated?
In what language were you taught the koran?
Are you an Arab?
If you believe in Musa(Moses), what was the name that Musa called his God and in what language?
What historical trace links you to the God of Musa?
If Islam was so pure, why are all Islamic states failing?
If the God of Islam is true, why wasn't he able to defeat the God of the Jews?
In what way was Musa given the 10 Commandments and in what way did Mohammed receive his message?
Why the confusing method of communication? Could it have been different God's?
Allah is a title (God), what, then, is the true name of Allah? (Reconcile it with the name Musa called his God and provide evidence)
When was the first pronouncement of the word 'Allah'?
Before your mysterious visitation of Mohammed by the angel, what god did Mohammed worship? In what book did he find the law of his god? And what is that book called?
Why is Mohammed more popular than Musa or Ibrahim?
Why is Mohammed's book given superior consideration than Musa' book?
Why is sex and virginity the highest reward to Muslim heroes?
If you believe in Isa(Jesus) as a messenger as your koran says, where are the messages that he preached written?
If God could send Jibril to write a book, why then did he send so many messengers?
If your god is the truth, why do you face the east? Does he live in the Sun?
If you worship the same God as Musa, did he face the east to pray?
What relationship does the worship of God have with the moon?
Did Musa observe the moon?
If Islam is truly the best religion, why isn't Saudi Arabia your holy land taking in Muslim refugees?
Why did 3 Islamic states lose to Israel in the 60ies n 70ies?
Why have Muslims taken up guns and bombs when your prophet says sword?
Why are you socialising with the infidels on this thread, have you come with the motive to cut the neck?
Why are Muslims still puppets to the west?
olamkas:

I will answer your questions when I have the time because I'm not a full timer like you. This is week day.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Daeylar(f): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2017
shaybebaby:

Far from it.
Kinda hard to explain in writing as I hate typing epistles. But let's say it's I think it's harder for females considering the injustices they suffer within that society to let go of a big source of succour.
Hi ya cheesy

All right,

That was one of my reasons also, he wasn't bringing any succour,
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
What's the problem .... Guess lovingjehovah knows you guys
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2017
diadem10:

if they are one spirit, why didn't the Father also die when d son dies for three days ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 16, 2017
Peacefullove:

as for Trinity, this three persons ... are they equal ?
I don't think this question is relevant trying to say God is equal or not equal. Is water ice equal in quality to steam or to liquid water
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
God is one but he exist in three distinct persons this maybe beyond human mind, yes ,that is because he is God. Who can comprehend the fact that he has been existing from eternity? Is this not beyond human mind? God is beyond human, that is why he is God..
The Father, the Son and the holy Spirit are the same God and God is one as posited above but are different individuals hope you get it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:19am On Nov 17, 2017
Bro, everything is cool. I was expecting your response to the questions I asked. Who are the "You guys" you are referring?
Ferisidowu:
What's the problem .... Guess lovingjehovah knows you guys
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 4:13am On Nov 17, 2017
Using water ice as a barometer for justifying your doctrine is bogus. We are talking about spirits in whose form we were created. Why not streamline your explanation to the examples used in Bible? You have a plethora of Bible verses to tap from. Need I suggest 1 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Corinthians 3:23; Ephesians 5:23?
The example that you used doesn't seem to fit at all and I can explain. Scientifically, water is a compound containing two elements, hydrogen and oxygen (not a TRInity). It contains two hydrogen and one oxygen (not equal which supports 1 Corinthians 11:3 in superiority). Water can be split and each element can stand alone (opposes John 8:28). Moreover, each element is present in other mixtures or compounds for example, Oxygen can also be found in acetone or oxide while hydrogen can be found in acid, alcohol or ammonia (which means a member of the (your) trinity doctrine can belong to multiple godheads).

solite3:
I don't think this question is relevant trying to say God is equal or not equal. Is water ice equal in quality to steam or to liquid water
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
God is one but he exist in three distinct persons this maybe beyond human mind, yes ,that is because he is God. Who can comprehend the fact that he has been existing from eternity? Is this not beyond human mind? God is beyond human, that is why he is God..
The Father, the Son and the holy Spirit are the same God and God is one as posited above but are different individuals hope you get it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Daeylar(f): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2017
shaybebaby:

smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (70) (Reply)

Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.