Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (54255 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye On Farming And Trade By Barter / Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2017
when someone like Freeze is speaking against the church, is it not because the church has lost its right track. When the missionaries came, they focused on collective prosperity, building schools and hospitals and other community centers while modern day Pentecostals collect tithes and offerings and use it to build schools only the rich can afford, very little charity and community service and prosperity preaching yet poverty keeps increasing in Nigeria. Pastors in Nigeria flying private in a poor country like Nigeria is a joke. Is that what Christianity is about. What about the power churches? They will import artistes from the u.s and fly them in for " The Experience" rather than use this scarce resources to uplift the people around them. Jesus doesnt reside only in Lekki and V.I. I cannot carry my money and waste it. Rather than do that let me kuku keep it and if God ministers to me let me help someone that is really in need. Saying you dont care what your tithe is used for is pure stupidity. What if the pastor is using it to buy Armani suit? That is money you can use to help someone that could not have been able to afford his medical bills. It doesnt even take one being a christian to do charity. Moreso being a christian as christ commanded, we must give to the people who don't have and focus on that and not building a new auditorium, new church building,maintaining private jets, riding rolls royce etc.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Diamondville(f): 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Keep deluding ur sef.grin
Keep consoling yourself cheesy cheesy it is allowed
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
nairavsdollars:
If over 20 million RCCG members descend on you, your life will never remain the same again

20 million clueless sheeple cheesy

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Konquest: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
HeWrites:
Controversial OAP, Daddy Freeze has replied the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye’s response to his teachings on tithing.

According to pastor Adeboye, ‘Pay your tithes to avoid divine curses’.

Read Freeze’ response below…
“Dear Pastor Adeboye,
If you permit me, I will like to humbly seize this opportunity to raise some questions I consider valid.

Why did you say in a viral video, that even a mad person knows that you don’t drink alcohol in a church?

Although from a sentimental point of view, your premise might seem right, but is it really what the Bible teaches us? The book of Deuteronomy 14:22-26, when speaking about paying tithes, instructs us to take our tithe to the place the LORD has chosen, and if the place is too far, we are instructed to sell the portion of our tithe and use it to buy anything our heart desires, listing alcohol as one of the items that could be bought with our tithe. The King James Version says ‘strong drink’, the Holmans Bible says ‘beer’ while the new international version specifies ‘fermented drink’. All the above are forms of alcohol.

So if you say even a mad person knows that you don’t drink alcohol in church, are you suggesting that the modern day church is not the ‘place the LORD has chosen for tithe to be paid and for his name to be worshiped’ as described in the book of Deuteronomy, or are you implying that the Bible was written by lunatics, or are you perhaps doubting God’s sanity?

Another issue I’ll be grateful if you can throw some light upon, is where our first pastors and Daddy GOs, the 12 disciples, collected tithes, or where they instructed the believers who took over the headship of the church from them, to collect tithe.

I humbly suggest, that you kindly address the above questions with biblical evidence, as against whipping up sentiment, or employing what many preachers use, and in my opinion, I consider; ’emotional tactics’.

As the Berean Christian that I am, before accepting any doctrine, I research the scriptures to see if it aligns accordingly, with the word of God.

Thank you sir, I hereby extend my highest considerations and best regards. ~FRZ
#FreeTheSheeple

Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV
[26] And thou shalt bestow that (tithe) money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God,”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/daddy-freeze-replies-pastor-adeboyes.html

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
This is what happens when light
first hits the eyes of those in institutionalized
religion... they like to DEFLECT attention. It happened 500 years ago with
Martin Luther's bold step to question the
indulgence or paying for prayers being practiced in the church

Galileo Galilei also challenged the Catholic
Church teaching that the earth is FLAT when
in fact it is spheroidal like Copernicus and
Galileo had accurately stated.

More will come soon... grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Konquest: 12:06am On Nov 09, 2017
enemyofprogress:
leave me jo
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
grin That picture you attached below your post
is really funny.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by enemyofprogress: 10:51am On Nov 09, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
grin That picture you attached below your post
is really funny.
I was holding your little prick in the picture
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by tk4rd: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
God doesn't need our money

Tithing should be a personal thing...If it works for you then it's fine

I really don't think one should tithe out of compulsion

Many pastors have been trying to manipulate their congregation by quoting Malachi 3:10

God's protection has got nothing to do with money...everything boils down to his mercies

I don't even know why this tithe issue is such a big topic and why freeze keeps hitting on pastors
Some pastors made it so compulsory, and it became an issue...
If you told them you got a N10m project, they would be expecting N1m already from you as tithe,, without knowing that N1m (or even less) is your true gain from the contract for which you may even tithe from..
They would authoritatively open the envelope, count the tithe in front of you, and ask you "What is this??" when you hand them an envelope of N100k.. Then, they mop it up by adding "I thought you said it is N10m project.?? So why this small tithe.??"..
So now tell me,, why would a pastor calculate a person's tithe for him..
Freeze is trying to let these Pastors know that tithe is a personal thing, and that it shouldn't be used to fund any pastor's lust for material richness... And at the same time let anybody that cares to hear, that once a pastor is so interested in tithe to the extent of calculating your tithe for you, you better watch that pastor well.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by krabtree: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
A lengthy article but worth reading.

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/TheTitheisIllegal.html

Be a cheerful giver.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Abudu2000(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
FarahAideed:
I love the concept of tithing but i have a problem in knowing where the house of God is ..In Nigeria any loser will just wake up and rent a hall and declare tje place the house of God and start collecting tithe from gullible people just like that to augment his private life
that's how they all started. Adeboye, oyedepo, name them.....they started from scratch, used ppls money to build the empire they enjoy today. Not to mention the funds they receive from our looters also.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
big issue what just aches me about this radio personality is that he's sort of thinking or perhaps to me as some kind of Christianity hero with this """""""#free the sheeple"""""" if he's really got his doctrines right he would know that there are always false apostles from the beginning and Paul wasn't really attacking them all Paul could do is pray and leave the into the hands of the founder of the religion ..... God own the religion he handles it
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by kamzycoded: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Psoul:

This guy u really need to wake up. Do u argue with a closed mind. It was clear in the Bible that tithe is more of physical wealth. Gather your fruits, ur sheep and all your hands find doing sell them and bring ye your tithe into the house of God and to the Minister that feeds u spiritually and the Priest shall also give one tenth of all that the ppl have gathered.

Don't argue on what you don't knw much of to avoid God's wrath.

If u are still confused, see some of these Bible versions on Tithing.

Mathew 5:17
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Mathew 6:21
21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Numbers 18:21
21 “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting.

Numbers 18:26
26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD’s offering.

Proverbs 3:9-10
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; 10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

2 Chronicles 31:4-5
4 He ordered the people living in Jerusalem to give the portion due the priests and Levites so they could devote themselves to the Law of the LORD. 5 As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the firstfruits of their grain, new wine, olive oil and honey and all that the fields produced. They brought a great amount, a tithe of everything.

Deuteronomy 12:5-6
5 But you are to seek the place the LORD your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go; 6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

Genesis 14:19-20
19 and he blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth. 20 And praise be to God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand.” Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the LORD will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

Nehemiah 10:35-37
35 “We also assume responsibility for bringing to the house of the LORD each year the firstfruits of our crops and of every fruit tree. 36 “As it is also written in the Law, we will bring the firstborn of our sons and of our cattle, of our herds and of our flocks to the house of our God, to the priests ministering there. 37 “Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work.

Leviticus 27:30-34
30 “ ‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the LORD. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.’ ” 34 These are the commands the LORD gave Moses at Mount Sinai for the Israelites.

Malachi 3:8-12
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. “But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’ “In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the LORD Almighty.

Romans 3:21-31
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Read if you have time and let the Spirit of God guide u.

with all this quote now which one they ask u to pay tithe to adeboye or God course people that are unable to pay...... all this suit and tie pastors are legal fraudulent agent..... (ole Igba lode).
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by kamzycoded: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2017
God help Christianity.... the problem in Christianity is that Bible consist of the words of different people who does not know Jesus...... many people respect Paul and he never see Jesus physical or hear is preach and he wrote 70% of Bible.. hence, when they see verses that contradict there self they will said u should pray for spiritual understanding. and if u start to question their level of intellectualism on Bible as the one who have spiritual understabding then they wi call u athirst.

I thank God I'm free from this Igba lode pastors with kleptomaniacs fingers all the name of tithes.

their children driving gwargons, sleep around and involved in drug abuse in abroad. they live large and member has no food aeliba. they are the ambassador of poverty in Christianity.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by fhorlar(f): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2017
Larrey:
Hmm. I pay my tithe and Not supporting or opposing daddy freeze, but the pastors should explain more to us about tithe with Bible verses.

You have just nailed it oo.we need some explanation asides "divine curse from God"
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Amazingspeed: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2017
I Think the Question is IS BILL GATE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN...Is not enough to say he is not athiest or what have you...does he believe in JESUS CHRIST AS HIS ONLY SAVIOUR...IF NOT FORGET IT!!!! This guys are NOT born again, yet don't pay tithe, why CURSE NEVER FALL ON THEM!! sad

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Amazingspeed: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2017
"All the people you mentioned above have donated billions of dollars to help people around the world,so God just have to bless them irrespective of their religion"......THANK GOD YOU DID NOT MENTION TITHE.....DONATION YOU SAY....OFCOURS THEY WILL BE BLESS. IT IS UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLE.....WHEN YOU GIVE, EXPECT TO RECIEVE
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by nemynely(m): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
ogbiwa:

I am not compelled to answer you cos like I said, arguing with a non believer on SM concerning biblical doctrines will NEVER produce the required effect but rather lead to more lame arguments which frankly are non beneficial. I think the first step is you need to get genuinely born again, join a bible teaching church and allow your mind be genuinely renewed by the word of God. By the time you break into some deeper understanding, you, like me, will understand how ridiculously shallow y'all are sounding. When others are thinking of affecting their generation for God and giving everything for it, y'all are here debating on whether to pay 10% and who will or shouldn't get richer with your 10%. Hold it! It means zilch in the grand scheme of things my brother.

@Ogbiwa
I am really disappointed at your response. You were asked only 3 (three) questions and you could not answer any! This is the difference between your likes and freeze. While the latter has a profound understanding of his stance and has proven it both scripturally and logically, you guys miss out on opportunities to elucidate and educate by calling it argument.
Sir, it is a simple debate, not argument. Freeze has stated his, so state yours, QED.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
ogbiwa:

I am not compelled to answer you cos like I said, arguing with a non believer on SM concerning biblical doctrines will NEVER produce the required effect but rather lead to more lame arguments which frankly are non beneficial. I think the first step is you need to get genuinely born again, join a bible teaching church and allow your mind be genuinely renewed by the word of God. By the time you break into some deeper understanding, you, like me, will understand how ridiculously shallow y'all are sounding. When others are thinking of affecting their generation for God and giving everything for it, y'all are here debating on whether to pay 10% and who will or shouldn't get richer with your 10%. Hold it! It means zilch in the grand scheme of things my brother.

You're such a disappointment to the committee of living beings. Even to the spirit of the christianity you seek to defend. The Bible asked you to study to show yourself approved as workman who needs not to be ashamed, that is capable of dividing the word of truth. All you allude to as 'deeper understanding' is no more than a desperate attempt to disguise your ignorance as some esoteric 'deeper understanding'. The fact is, many people who now condemn the doctrine of tithing are born-again Christians, perhaps more born-again than you (if there is anything like that). Some of us discovered this truth several several years ago, that most of the pastors who demand tithe from their followers are no more than con men.

Let me break it down for you this way, since you speak so glowingly of "deeper understanding": you have to choose between Christ's redemptive work or the payment of tithe.

You simply cannot have the two of them together. It is either than Christ died for a good and divine purpose and tithe should not be paid. OR Christ died in vain and tithe should continue to be paid.

Once again, by refusing to study to show yourself approved, just like Martin Luther and like Dfreeze and so many others now, you need to be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by ogbiwa: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
bizme:

You're such a disappointment to the committee of living beings. Even to the spirit of the christianity you seek to defend. The Bible asked you to study to show yourself approved as workman who needs not to be ashamed, that is capable of dividing the word of truth. All you allude to as 'deeper understanding' is no more than a desperate attempt to disguise your ignorance as some esoteric 'deeper understanding'. The fact is, many people who now condemn the doctrine of tithing are born-again Christians, perhaps more born-again than you (if there is anything like that). Some of us discovered this truth several several years ago, that most of the pastors who demand tithe from their followers are no more than con men.

Let me break it down for you this way, since you speak so glowingly of "deeper understanding": you have to choose between Christ's redemptive work or the payment of tithe.

You simply cannot have the two of them together. It is either than Christ died for a good and divine purpose and tithe should not be paid. OR Christ died in vain and tithe should continue to be paid.

Once again, by refusing to study to show yourself approved, just like Martin Luther and like Dfreeze and so many others now, you need to be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry bro.
But you've made up your mind not to tithe, evident from your post and added insult. All good. Your stand is clear.
I've made up my mind to tithe. Nowhere on any of my posts have I compelled anyone to tithe or not to. The new testament scriptures never did coerce anyone on tithe. So we're good on that too.

If you feel your tithe is being used to enrich any Pastor, all good pls desist. It doesn't affect me, doesn't affect God. It never has. I must not reply everything just for the simple reason that 'I was asked'. It's foolishness cos some discussions are unnecessary and can be simply sifted out. It's your money. Do with it as you please. You also have a bible, read it for yourself and do what it says. If you're now looking to embroil me in a tithe debate looking to see if you can score some likes with your "wisdom" on the matter, I say again I won't be the person for that discuss. Reread my earlier posts on the matter and see my position and some recommended action points too if you want. Weldone

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by ogbiwa: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
nemynely:

@Ogbiwa
I am really disappointed at your response. You were asked only 3 (three) questions and you could not answer any! This is the difference between your likes and freeze. While the latter has a profound understanding of his stance and has proven it both scripturally and logically, you guys miss out on opportunities to elucidate and educate by calling it argument.
Sir, it is a simple debate, not argument. Freeze has stated his, so state yours, QED.

Oh there are more mentions.

Same reply as the guy above.

Weldone
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by aribisala0(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
ogbiwa:

Sorry bro.
But you've made up your mind not to tithe, evident from your post and added insult. All good. Your stand is clear.
I've made up my mind to tithe. Nowhere on any of my posts have I compelled anyone to tithe or not to. The new testament scriptures never did coerce anyone on tithe. So we're good on that too.

If you feel your tithe is being used to enrich any Pastor, all good pls desist. It doesn't affect me, doesn't affect God. It never has. I must not reply everything just for the simple reason that 'Iwas asked'. It's foolishness cos some discussions are unnecessary. It's your money. Do with it as you please. If you're now looking to embroil me in a tithe debate and see if you can score some likes with your "wisdom" on the matter, I say again I won't. Reread my earlier posts on the matter and see my position and some recommended action points too if you want. Weldone

You are already embroiled and losing shamelessly.

It would have been better if you never said anything. Your sanctimonious twaddle now is just risible

If this discussion is "unnecessary " why did you join
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by aribisala0(m): 11:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
kamzycoded:
God help Christianity.... the problem in Christianity is that Bible consist of the words of different people who does not know Jesus...... many people respect Paul and he never see Jesus physical or hear is preach and he wrote 70% of Bible.. hence, when they see verses that contradict there self they will said u should pray for spiritual understanding. and if u start to question their level of intellectualism on Bible as the one who have spiritual understabding then they wi call u athirst.

I thank God I'm free from this Igba lode pastors with kleptomaniacs fingers all the name of tithes.

their children driving gwargons, sleep around and involved in drug abuse in abroad. they live large and member has no food aeliba. they are the ambassador of poverty in Christianity.
Many of the books in the bible are by unknown authors as are many of those attributed to Paul
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by ogbiwa: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
aribisala0:

You are already embroiled and losing shamelessly.

It would have been better if you never said anything. Your sanctimonious twaddle now is just risible

If this discussion is "unnecessary " why did you join

Losing? Was there a contest? This is how we would have had the"sensible discussion" on tithing isn't it? Lol. Been on social media long enough to know the paths not to walk down. I know troublesome paths when I see one.
PS. I only dropped a comment in support of something someone posted on this topic that I liked, you guys were the one that hijacked it. Not that I owe you any explanations though. Goodnight bro

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by aribisala0(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
ogbiwa:

Losing? Was there a contest? This is how we would have had the"sensible discussion" on tithing isn't it? Lol. Been on social media long enough to know the paths not to walk down. I know troublesome paths when I see one.
PS. I only dropped a comment in support of something someone posted on this topic that I liked, you guys were the one that hijacked it. Not that I owe you any explanations though. Goodnight bro
Carve out a path for a dignified escape before it is too late
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by goodmanjustice: 7:41am On Nov 19, 2017
goodmanjustice:

Daddy freeze, hear this!, I am going to say this only once, if you like listen, you are on point, I am 100% with you on this. Anyone who comes here to talk without his brains will get a knock. Over to the addresser, calm down and answer the question, no fighting

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/deuteronomy/26/#v5026012?insight[search_id]=115f1017-829e-47e1-91ac-029b96c106e8&insight[search_result_index]=9
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by khiaa(f): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2017
Silumi:

Yea I am for real.if you were intelligent enough you will know that scriptures can be interpreted in two ways 1.as you want it
2.as the holy spirit interpreted it to you(ideal)
So don't come and be throwing the word folly baselessly Mr man I can tell you that Abraham lied in some instances .does that make a lie acceptable?.NO you think fear of God is by quoting verses you are ignorant of so may things son.even d same Bible tells us that many will say lord lord we preached and healed in your name but God will say I know you not depart from me.
The fear of God is not in your church attendance or the amount of Bible verses you know it's the work of Grace and the holy spirit in a Man's life.
this generation is trying at all cost to justify sin even using Bible verses bros that is folly...ko le work.please don't quote me again unless you become wiser or smarter.all this freeze disciples that are wise in their own eyes.mwtch

On this we can agree. smiley

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by nicemuyoo: 9:51am On Dec 04, 2017
22. TITHING DID NOT BECOME A LAW IN THE CHURCH UNTIL A.D. 777: The earliest Christian assemblies patterned themselves after the Jewish synagogues which were led by rabbis who, like Paul, refused to gain a profit from preaching and teaching God’s Word. There are many books on Jewish social life which explain this in great detail. 

From Christ’s death until Christianity became a legally recognized religion almost 300 years later, the majority of great church leaders took self-imposed vows of poverty. This is historically documented! They took Jesus’ words to the rich young ruler in Luke 18:22 literally “sell all that you have, give it to the poor, and follow me.” Most church historians agree that these early church leaders for at least the first 200 years worked for a living and were self-supporting. A Christian leader could not tell a Roman census-taker that he was a full-time preacher of an outlaw religion. 

Clement of Rome (c95), Justin Martyr (c150), Irenaeus (c150-200) and Tertullian (c150-220) all opposed tithing as a strictly Jewish tradition. The Didache (c150-200) condemns traveling apostles who stay longer than three days and ask for money. And travelers who decided to remain with them were required to learn a trade. These early opponents of tithing are not quoted by tithe-teachers. 

Cyprian (200-258) tried unsuccessfully to impose tithing in Carthage, North Africa around A. D. 250. At his conversion Cyprian gave away great wealth to the poor and lived under a vow of poverty. His idea of tithing included equal re-distribution to the poor. And –we must remember—his ideas of tithing were not adopted. 

When tithe-teachers quote Ambrose, Chrysostom and Augustine as church fathers they conveniently leave out the first 200 years of church history. Even after Christianity became legal in the fourth century many of the greatest spiritual leaders took vows of deep poverty and preferred to live unmarried lives in monasteries. If these tithe-teachers are quoted, then the church should also be told what kind of lives they usually led. 

While disagreeing with their own theologians, most church historians write that tithing did not become a legally enforced doctrine in the church for over 700 years after the cross. According to the very best sources it took over 500 years before a local church Council of Macon in France, in the year 585, tried unsuccessfully to enforce tithing on its members. It was not until the year 777 that Charlemagne legally allowed the church to collect tithes. That is the history of tithing found in the Encyclopedia Britannica, Encyclopedia Americana and the Roman Catholic Encyclopedia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by Silumi(f): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2017
khiaa:

On this we can agree. smiley

Lol Christmas is my best celebration after my birthday and Christ is very important hence my defence on the other thread. wink
Re: Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing by khiaa(f): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2017
Silumi:

Lol Christmas is my best celebration after my birthday and Christ is very important hence my defence on the other thread. wink

Lolgrin Ok, but you can't defend a lie. You have to read the scriptures for yourself so that you will be enlightened to the truth. According to the scriptures, there is no such thing as a celebration of Yeshua birthday, it even describes the mid December celebration/Christmas as pagan.
Please read for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daysman Oyakhilome Breaks Silence On Suspension / Rev Father Mbaka Recharge Card: How True Is The Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.