Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Anti-tithing Thread - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithing Thread (9348 Views)

Pastor, Revivalist Calls Out Creflo Dollar For Anti-Tithing Pronouncement / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2017
Osumare2013:

well doneto you brother, but first of all.

i have default the activities of fradulent pastors. as you called them fraudulent pastors that threatens the members with devouras but do you know that not all pastors that collect tithe does this?

i have been to a church of recent that confirms the inapplication of malachi 3:10, saying there is no devourer anywhere because of non-payment of tithe and that the tithe is needed to finance the church, hence those who are present with theirs may come forward.

so as earlier said when attacking an error you do not bring the black and white together in judgement. the fact is that some pastors collect tithe as an ordinance of the old testament which is wrong, while some collect it as a form of giving, the same goes with firstfruit and the likes, the later makes it willingly for me and not under compulsion.

therefore, in addressing the issue of tithe you must seperate these two and attack the right party.

there is no problem if you are not giving to God through tithe, the fact is whether it is through tithe or not, the fact is your finance is going into the church. tithe will however allow you to be consistent, accountful and deliberate in giving to your ministry.

now the word giving as God lays it on your mind depends largely on
1. if you know how to hear from God or when God is speaking to you.
2. your willingness
3. your ability not to condemn a voice to give when God says you should.

tithe which makes you consistent will actually train you in giving.

another question is do you pay offering to your church regularly?

if yes, then the problem you have with tithe is irrelevant because if your church has given it another name but the same 10% or even 20% like personal comitment freewill offering. i believe if indeed you are interested in your church growth, you will give it. so it is more of you deceiving your self when you say you are not going to give tithe when you could have given it if it is another name.

if no, then what do you think will happen if evey church members made the same decision you made, the church might have to run out of resources and you will then be blaming the management for poor management.

so friend, tithe or no tithe it is reasonable not compulsory to regularly finance the church through what God has giving you, and i believe, if you are not willing to give and sell your belongings as the early church did, then why not give a stable income to finance your church for church effective planning which can majorly happen through tithe or any percentage you wishes to do it. as earlier said it will also help you to cultivate a giving life. so that your giving life is not need base but just a natural expression of your life

There are Churches who collects tithe for the welfare of its workers and the less privileged among them. I have no problem with those ones.

Any system that takes from the masses to satisfy the greed of a few especially through deceit is PURELY EVIL.

As for me, I willing to give in line with direction from the Spirit of God, but I DO NOT BELIEVE TITHES APPLIES TO ME, as Jesus expects even more from me to help the Church and Less Privileged.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Osumare2013: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2017
OkaiCorne:

There are Churches who collects tithe for the welfare of its workers and the less privileged among them. I have no problem with those ones.

Any system that takes from the masses to satisfy the greed of a few especially through deceit is PURELY EVIL.

As for me, I willing to give in line with direction from the Spirit of God, but I DO NOT BELIEVE TITHES APPLIES TO ME, as Jesus expects even more from me to help the Church and Less Privileged.

Thank you.
i agree with you on the second statement but does not the bible speaks of wolves in sheep clothing? but that of course applies to ministers who knows the truth but manipulates it for their secret intention.

but thanks be to God that all ministers are not as such.

as you also noted in your first statement, you agreed with a system of tithing that is according to the principle and expectation of tithe but i will liketo add your understanding if you permit me to.

1. the church is not a charity organization though expected to do charity
2. the church is not a company although should seek the welfarism of the employees.

the church are the called out ones to evangelize the world through the manifestation of God's power. this is the primary assignment of the church. charity and welfarism can either be secondary or serve as means to achieve the purpose.

and that leads me to the question.
1. Are pastors expected to be rich.
2. if yes, how much riches can they have
3. if no, why?
4. what is your definition of greediness of pastors and how do one know that a pastor is greedy
5. what do you think tithe and offerings be used for?

the reason for these question is because of the way you reacted, it seems to me that you are not happy about the way some pastors are rich.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2017
Osumare2013:

i agree with you on the second statement but does not the bible speaks of wolves in sheep clothing? but that of course applies to ministers who knows the truth but manipulates it for their secret intention.

but thanks be to God that all ministers are not as such.

as you also noted in your first statement, you agreed with a system of tithing that is according to the principle and expectation of tithe but i will liketo add your understanding if you permit me to.

1. the church is not a charity organization though expected to do charity
2. the church is not a company although should seek the welfarism of the employees.

the church are the called out ones to evangelize the world through the manifestation of God's power. this is the primary assignment of the church. charity and welfarism can either be secondary or serve as means to achieve the purpose.

and that leads me to the question.
1. Are pastors expected to be rich.
2. if yes, how much riches can they have
3. if no, why?
4. what is your definition of greediness of pastors and how do one know that a pastor is greedy
5. what do you think tithe and offerings be used for?

the reason for these question is because of the way you reacted, it seems to me that you are not happy about the way some pastors are rich.

If you are a follower of Christ, let him alone be the example. I will answer your questions

1. Did Jesus die rich or poor? Jesus did not need a sack of gold or silver like our Pastorpreneurs to be rich. He was rich by total dependence on God...who multiplied the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes AND also, provided a coin in the mouth of a fish.

Being rich is not a function of how much money you have in your account. It is by having COMPLETE TRUST (a.k.a. faith) in the Eternal Creator who owns the cattles on a thousand hills (a.k.a the fleets of cars on a thousand highways). The emphasis on money in the modern church is very irritating. GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO MONEY.

2. My response to your first question should take care of this.
3. My response to your first question should take care of this.

4. Emphasis on money and material things. Unnecessary display of extravagance and opulence. Jesus could have entered Jerusalem on a chariot...but why did He use a Donkey?

5. Only God and the Pastorpreneurs know what they use tithes and offerings for.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / SERIOUS ALERTS: Imminent Rapture Visions And Messages ( JANUARY 2015 Till Date) / Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.