Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Anti-tithing Thread - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithing Thread (9428 Views)

Family Tithing In The Diaspora / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh grin grin grin. Was not eating of pig stated in the Bible yes or no? Do you drink blood because did Jesus say so?

Kindly direct me to a Levite (Not a Rabbi or Pastor o)

I will gladly give him a tenth of my farm produce...but guess what, I'm not a farmer tongue

And Levite Priests are now past tense... so just show me a Levite Priest angry

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I will gladly give him a tenth of my farm produce...but guess what, I'm not a farmer tongue

The priest of old has similar characteristics with this present ones(pastors, rev,bishop). Now if you're not comfortable with paying tithes in churches headed by single founder,you can pay in churches headed by a rev under control of elders, parish council e.t.c .A good example is the Catholic,Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist and other Orthodox churches. The most important thing is that you have fulfill the scriptures in the book of mal 3:8-10.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Why do we have to pay tithes when Jesus has advised us to do better?

By the way, my body is now the living temple (and not a church building nor Church Pastor)

So therefore... I can swallow my tithe tongue
Jesus didn't advise us against paying either.
Your body is the living temple of the holy spirit yes I agree. The church is a gathering, pastors or rev are stewards while Jesus is the head of the church
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The priest of old has similar characteristics with this present ones(pastors, rev,bishop). Now if you're not comfortable with paying tithes in churches headed by single founder,you can pay in churches headed by a rev under control of elders, parish council e.t.c .A good example is the Catholic,Anglican, Presbyterian, Methodist and other Orthodox churches. The most important thing is that you have fulfill the scriptures in the book of mal 3:8-10.

So your Bible says you can pay tithes to someone who is not a Levite? Interesting!

Keep the Holy Fraud going cheesy
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Jesus didn't advise us against paying either.
Your body is the living temple of the holy spirit yes I agree. The church is a gathering, pastors or rev are stewards while Jesus is the head of the church

My body is a living temple with a functional storehouse. I will use my tithe to maintain the storehouse in this living temple

Period!
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

My body is a living temple with a functional storehouse. I will use my tithe to maintain the storehouse in this living temple

Period!
grin grin.temple ko temple no grin grin grin. Abeg post beta thin . no correlation between temple and tithe at all.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Period!

grin grin.temple ko temple no grin grin grin. Abeg post beta thin . no correlation between temple and tithe at all.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

So your Bible says you can pay tithes to someone who is not a Levite? Interesting!

Keep the Holy Fraud going cheesy
My Bible says I should pay to God not man
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

My Bible says I should pay to God not man

So the Levites were God abi? cheesy
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

The levites are priest,pastors of our time. They're the custodian of God's money and they render stewardship to him
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The levites are priest,pastors of our time. They're the custodian of God's money and they render stewardship to him

1Corinthians 9:13(AMPC)
13 Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]?
14 [On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel..
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Period!

Many will hide under antitithe campaign to justify greed

Galatians 6:8
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption

James 4:3
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

1Corinthians 9:13(AMPC)
13 Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]?
14 [On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel..

Hmmm
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
OkaiCorne:

There were no Levite in the days of Abraham . Tithes and offering are to worship God
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I did no do the part that said pay tithe every 3years and burnt offerings

The 3 year tithe was for the poor . It never replace the one for God in support of the ministers of the sanctuary . Why dwelling on the minor . We tithe not because it was mentioned in the law . But because it’s a principle . Fasting was in the law prayer was in the law . Giving alms was in the law why are we still doing them
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

The 3 year tithe was for the poor . It never replace the one for God in support of the ministers of the sanctuary . Why dwelling on the minor . We tithe not because it was mentioned in the law . But because it’s a principle . Fasting was in the law prayer was in the law . Giving alms was in the law why are we still doing them
I can't believe you Sir, cos you want mW to pay tithe. Tithing is not Christianity, Jesus never did it

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I can't believe you Sir, cos you want me to pay tithe. Tithing is not Christianity, Jesus never did it

Do you believe in fasting , praying , giving offering?
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

Do you believe in fasting , praying , giving offering?
I won't pay tithe until you show me where Jesus and his apostles did it. Don't ask me uncorrelated questions
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I won't pay tithe until you show me where Jesus and his apostles did it. Don't ask me uncorrelated questions

But you know there’s no place such is written . Avoid insincere question . I’m sure the reason you couldn’t answer me is because you’ found yourself guilty by that question I asked . I can understand you inability to answer . Silence is consent . You can see my point now. If you condemn tithe because it’ was mentioned in the law anf you give offering , pray , fast , give to beggars , worship etc . It is hypocrisy to condemn the tight ( no offense ) They were all part of the law together .

So my point is we do all these not because the law say so but because they are principles . There Re spiritual principle mentioned in the law .The only things done away are what christ has fulfilled . He didn’t fulfill alms to the poor , he didn’t fulfill prayer , he didn’t fulfill offering but he fulfill burnt offering which is Sin offering , he didn’t fulfill tithe .
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

But you know there’s no place such is written . Avoid insincere question . I’m sure the reason you couldn’t answer me is because you’ found yourself guilty by that question I asked . I can understand you inability to answer . Silence is consent . You can see my point now. If you condemn tithe because it’ was mentioned in the law anf you give offering , pray , fast , give to beggars , worship etc . It is hypocrisy to condemn the tight ( no offense ) They were all part of the law together .

So my point is we do all these not because the law say so but because they are principles . There Re spiritual principle mentioned in the law .The only things done away are what christ has fulfilled . He didn’t fulfill alms to the poor , he didn’t fulfill prayer , he didn’t fulfill offering but he fulfill burnt offering which is Sin offering , he didn’t fulfill tithe .
I won't still pay it until you quote the bible where Jesus preached or practised tithing

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
betterABIAstate:
I won't still pay it until you quote the bible where Jesus preached or practised tithing

It’s about the topic and not about you paying . If you pay you reap the benefit if you don’t na your wahala

Read Mattew 23:23
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

It’s about the topic and not about you paying . If you pay you reap the benefit if you don’t na your wahala

Read Mattew 23:23
stop quoting this your Mathew 23:23 version, Jesus is not a tither

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
betterABIAstate:
stop quoting this your Mathew 23:23 version, Jesus is not a tither

Where did the Bible say so
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by betterABIAstate: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
petra1:

Where did the Bible say so
the Bible never said so either, don't force us to give us to do what Jesus didn't do.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 4:25am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=asuustrike2009 post=62349933]
My Bible says I should pay to God not man[/quote[sub][/sub]]

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 4:29am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

There were no Levite in the days of Abraham . Tithes and offering are to worship God

The era of Abraham was a precedence. Kindly show me a scripture where God directed us to pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets and Apostles. These ones were working full-time for God too na
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

The era of Abraham was a precedence. Kindly show me a scripture where God directed us to pay tithes to Rabbis, Prophets and Apostles. These ones were working full-time for God too na

Tithe is given to God . And it is used for the work of God as well as welfare for those who work in the house of God as full time worker either as staff or minister . Parallel to what is done with tithes and offerings in the Old Testament

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospe
l.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

Tithe is given to God . And it is used for the work of God as well as welfare for those who work in the house of God as full time worker either as staff or minister . Parallel to what is done with tithes and offerings in the Old Testament

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospe
l.

The scripture you quoted, does it refer to tithes or offering? I'm still looking for the word "tithe" in there. Thanks

If tithe is given to God, why were the Levites the only eligible recipients in the scriptures? Why not Rabbis, Scribes and Prophets? Abi they were not doing God's work too?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

The scripture you quoted, does it refer to tithes or offering? I'm still looking for the word "tithe" in there. Thanks

It was through tithes and offerings full time ministers and workers get their welfare . Paul said the same manner applies to the church . Jesus endorsed tithe and offering . There never a place God put an end to them .

If tithe is given to God, why were the Levites the only eligible recipients in the scriptures? Why not Rabbis, Scribes and Prophets? Abi they are not doing God's work too?

Every one who serves God full time must be taken care of . Even widows who have no job and are serving as intercessors should be paid just like anna
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

It was through tithes and offerings full time ministers and workers get their welfare . Paul said the same manner applies to the church . Jesus endorsed tithe and offering . There never a place God put an end to them .

Every one who serves God full time must be taken care of . Even widows who have no job and are serving as intercessors should be paid just like anna

I totally agree with you on the fact that those totally committed to doing God's work should be taken care of. But that is through welfare offering and other voluntary donations as God lays it upon one's heart....but not through tithes, that's my point.
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by petra1(m): 6:51am On Nov 14, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I totally agree with you on the fact that those totally committed to doing God's work should be taken care of. But that is through welfare offering and other voluntary donations as God lays it upon one's heart....but not through tithes, that's my point.

If you believe in offering why not tithe both were given before the law , in the law and were both endorsed by christ . Malachi didn’t talk about tithes only

Malachi 3:8 (KJV)
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

Why are we singling our the tithe . Offering , tithe, alms for the poor ,prayers , fasting and honoring father and mother were all principles in the Bible . Why will someone single out the tithe and say because it’ was mentioned in the law? We’re all these other ones not mentioned in the law ? There’s no single scripture where God ended tithing .
Re: Anti-tithing Thread by OkaiCorne(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

If you believe in offering why not tithe both were given before the law , in the law and were both endorsed by christ . Malachi didn’t talk about tithes only

Malachi 3:8 (KJV)
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

Why are we singling our the tithe . Offering , tithe, alms for the poor ,prayers , fasting and honoring father and mother were all principles in the Bible . Why will someone single out the tithe and say because it’ was mentioned in the law? We’re all these other ones not mentioned in the law ? There’s no single scripture where God ended tithing .

I do not believe in tithe for two reasons:

1) According to the Bible standards and instructions, nobody except the Levites qualify to collect tithes

2) Jesus expects sacrificial giving from the heart from Christians, and tithing is a very narrow view of Jesus expects from His followers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures / Yoruba Hymn / Create Your Own Spells,manifest Your Will!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.