Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) (48547 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Kaduna RCCG Members Freed From Kidnappers / Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Nasa28(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
FreeTraining:
but they didnt believe the wrong thing' may be they have been striving to meet the pastor for prayers but they couldn't they now settled for pastors seat' any person in serios want can do such' may be you have not experienced a serios challenge in life and I don't pray u see one
Here we go again. Meeting the pastor or what? Does the pastor hold the answer to your prayers? Christians don't know what they carry... Christ is living in them. Ask and you shall receive.

Jesus taught us how to pray. Pray and believe that God has answered.,to me, that's one of the manifestation of faith .

If you believe when you pray that God will hear you, that's having faith in God but when u believe the answer lies in the hand of Ur pastors, thats having faith in ur pastor

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by salesforce: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Faith
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by corporatesense: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
for me i can't see anyone bowing or worshiping the anointed chair, i can only see people touching the anointed chair in a humble and disciplined manner. mind you these people are tapping grace from the fountain of life. never criticize a man of GOD. you can only advise a man that is called by GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by TOPMAN4LIFE: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
fellowman:

you're a disgrace to your name,

she said there's nothing scriptural about that and you're here saying faith is equal to idolatry.

do you know what faith means?
do you know what idolatry means?
will the apostles be happy to see that thing there.

when people tried to worship any of the apostles there were stopped.
but Paul apron& handkerchief heal the sick in the Bible acts 19:12
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Maximus85(m): 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Hmmm, the carnal mind will see a seat. The spiritual mind will feel the essence of God deposited like a fart upon that seat.
You just have to believe. And it will work.

LOL. tell us the sense in what you have just said.
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by enemyofprogress: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
datproject:
There are certainly things OP can not understand about the member because you look at it from canal perspective. If you ask the member the meaning of what she did, she might tell you plainly she is not worshipping the chair, but the God that anointed the man that used to seat on the chair. Her motive to God is what matters, and not the manner at which you painted the picture from canal angle.
the more reason you guys should fokn leave the Catholics alone

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by enemyofprogress: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Hmmm, the carnal mind will see a seat. The spiritual mind will feel the essence of God deposited like a fart upon that seat.
you have said nothing, even Adeboye would be highly disappointed in you
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Maximus85(m): 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
kirajustice:
In a video posted online by one Uchechi Nwigwe shows members of the Redeemed Christian Church of God(RCCG) are seen worshipping a chair allegedly used by the General Overseer, Enoch Adeboye.

The members are seen queuing up to touch and kneel before the chair during a service. watch below;
https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/08/redeemed-church-members-worship-adeboyes-chair-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SToLj4N4guA

Oga you're all the same. Remember when John wanted to bow down to an angel? The angel refused to be worshipped. So, you all are the same. Those worshipping a chair and those worshipping a statue of woman whom Jesus once shouted at.....
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nasa28:

Here we go again. Meeting the pastor or what? Does the pastor hold the answer to your prayers? Christians don't know what they carry... Christ is living in them. Ask and you shall receive.

Jesus taught us how to pray. Pray and believe that God has answered.,to me, that's one of the manifestation of faith .

If you believe when you pray that God will here you, that's having faith in God but when u believe the answer lies in the hand of Ur pastors, thats having faith in ur pastor
then u should stop receiving prayers from your pastor or Rev father cos Christ lives in you' infact u should stop going to church cos Christ lives in you' ' do the prayers in your home only cos Christ lives in you'
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by TOPMAN4LIFE: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
luvinhubby:
This is simply idolatry, there is nothing scriptural about this.
check Acts 19:11-12 Paul apron and handkerchief were used to heal

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Yujiz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
FreeTraining:
then u should stop receiving prayers from your pastor or Rev father cos Christ lives in you' infact u should stop going to church cos Christ lives in you' ' do the prayers in your home only cos Christ lives in you'
Dude u misunderstanding what he said.....d fact that u respect your pastor is different from the belief that once he prays for u ur answer has come...d veil has bn torn and we all av full access to God through Jesus not through a pastor...a pastors place is to feed and teach on how we r forgiven by grace and how we all with unveiled face are trans4med frm glory to glory by beholding CHRIST!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Yujiz(m): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Most pple here are just criticising the innocent man of God.......this wud b idolatry if d man himself sed his chair should b prayed to for answers......pastor Adeboye teaches the word of God telling us(believers) who we are in Christ ...we nid2 b careful wen discussin bout men of God o,,EVEN wen u sure dey r wrong they are Primarily God's business and He knows how He disciplines them....rememba "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM".
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by SirGoldEjike(m): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Lol, and go back home, sleeping, feasting
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Ezyp(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
divineappo:
am being honest, I have done something similar, I went to touch the main altar/podium at rccg main camp during a program. Although kneeling before the altar is still Ok.

But I av learnt to pray to God directly from my heart, he will hear me, rather than performing acts that looks like pple turning a pastor to a mini god.

Kneeling before the altar is still Ok, but locating the chair the pastor sits on, and adoring/honouring or worshiping it, is equivalent to regarding the pastor himself as a mini god.

There is a thin line between honouring a man of God and worshiping a man of God.
Once you cross this line, you have turned the pastor to your idol.
We must be careful.

Good, but never you or your people criticize Catholics again

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Ezyp(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
TOPMAN4LIFE:

Then why do you guys (Protestant) criticize the Catholic Church
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Ezyp(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
corporatesense:
for me i can't see anyone bowing or worshiping the anointed chair, i can only see people touching the anointed chair in a humble and disciplined manner. mind you these people are tapping grace from the fountain of life. never criticize a man of GOD. you can only advise a man that is called by GOD.

Then let the Catholics who tap grace from God through Mary be. Don't ever in your life criticize them

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by cola: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2017
Just asking...
Pls what shows that this is truly in the redeemed church?
Did I miss something in the video?
Anyone...?
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Jesusloveyou: 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
BluntBoy:

Read this then:

As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."
(Acts 10:25-26)

Why didn't Peter overlook it and call it faith
is a sin to worship any man or Man made.
Nobody is worshipping adeboye. She is only acknowledging the presence of God and she tap from it.
So nobody is worshipping idol

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by litaninja(m): 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2017
Magas keep paying....

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Nasa28(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
FreeTraining:

My dear, you are getting me wrong, The reason why we go to church is to sharpen one another, not to go and receive prayer. In prayers, we pray for one another. Christians come together pray and seek the face of God, not seeking the face of a pastor.

The Bible says we should not ignore the gathering of brethren. I go to church because that's where believers meet.

So I don't go to church to receive prayers from my pastor, so if that is Wat you do, u better grow.

Let's try and read about the life of Christ and also Apostle Paul who happens to be the greatest apostle that have ever lived.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Horladipupo0505: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=sonofluc1fer post=62183104]Hmmm, the carnal mind will see a seat. The spiritual mind will feel the essence of God deposited like a fart upon that seat.
You just have to believe. And it will work. [/quote
mature reasoning brother......
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Jesusloveyou: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nasa28:

If you believe when you pray that God will here you, that's having faith in God but when u believe the answer lies in the hand of Ur pastors, thats having faith in ur pastor
is the same thing,
Both is a finished work of faith, whether you pray by yourself or by your pastor. Provided you pray in the name of Jesus

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Jesusloveyou: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nasa28:

is the same thing,
Both is a finished work of faith, whether you pray by yourself or by your pastor. Provided you pray in the name of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Walelavender(m): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2017
Can't figure out if it is Catholic Ch vs RCCG? Blood just dey hot grin

There is an important point to note about the Church today. You will never find a perfect Church,until Jesus returns-Why? Men in charge are mere mortals and not infallible. Yeah. Even in the times of Apostle Paul and Apollos-there was division, as many followers had their preference-Paul tried correcting that though.

If we are to start exploring and appraising the doctrines/teachings/leadership obtainable in all Churches/denominations, we will be doing ourselves a disfavour as many flaws are not unexpected to be obvious.

As a Christian,whichever (denomination) you fall into,let the HolySpirit lead you to taking instructions. The crisis in Christianity today, is our inability to cling to the word of Jesus when he was about to leave this world- John 14:26 ; talks about the Comforter(HolySpirit), teaching you ALL THINGS! The influence of the HolySpirit in the life of a believer can't be overemphasized.

Finally, there are foolish things that God allows to happen, just to confound the wise.
It seldom happens,but if it does,His name is to be glorified.

Praise God!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by publicspeaker: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
same idiots that will be abusing catholics and their statues, foolishness to the highest order
sonofluc1fer:

1 Like

Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by luvinhubby(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
TOPMAN4LIFE:
And also Peters shadow healed the sick Acts 5:14-16 but none turned it into a doctrine or ritual that we are seeing today in RCCG.

Let's be careful before we turn men to deities.
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Walelavender(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
Can't figure out if it is Catholic Ch vs RCCG? Blood just dey hot grin

There is an important point to note about the Church today. You will never find a perfect Church,until Jesus returns(2Cor3:18)-Why? Men in charge are mere mortals and not infallible. Yeah. Even in the times of Apostle Paul and Apollos-there was division(1Cor1:11-13), as many followers had their preference-Paul tried correcting that though.

If we are to start exploring and appraising the doctrines/teachings/leadership obtainable in all Churches/denominations, we will be doing ourselves a disfavour as many flaws are not unexpected to be obvious.

As a Christian,whichever (denomination) you fall into,let the HolySpirit lead you(Rom 8:14) to taking instructions. The crisis in Christianity today, is our inability to cling to the word of Jesus when he was about to leave this world- John 14:26 ; talks about the Comforter(HolySpirit), teaching you ALL THINGS! The influence of the HolySpirit in the life of a believer can't be overemphasized.

Finally, there are foolish things that God allows to happen, just to confound the wise(1Cor1 :27).
It seldom happens,but if it does,His name is to be glorified.

Praise God!
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Assassin101: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
Blasphemy
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
Nasa28:

My dear, you are getting me wrong, The reason why we go to church is to sharpen one another, not to go and receive prayer. In prayers, we pray for one another. Christians come together pray and seek the face of God, not seeking the face of a pastor.

The Bible says we should not ignore the gathering of brethren. I go to church because that's where believers meet.

So I don't go to church to receive prayers from my pastor, so if that is Wat you do, u better grow.

Let's try and read about the life of Christ and also Apostle Paul who happens to be the greatest apostle that have ever lived.
but why do ibsay Amen when your pastor offers prayers since his prayers are not relevant
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by chipascal: 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
lol churches this days, that's why a Friend of mine refuses to go to church
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Miles300: 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
we worship God in truth and in spirit ! Besides we should not bow or worship any graven image .. this is a pure case of idolatry..
Re: RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
datproject:
There are certainly things OP can not understand about the member because you look at it from canal perspective. If you ask the member the meaning of what she did, she might tell you plainly she is not worshipping the chair, but the God that anointed the man that used to seat on the chair. Her motive to God is what matters, and not the manner at which you painted the picture from canal angle.

God said u shouldn't ever bow down for any image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / Ghanaian Pastor Stabbed To Death By Nephew During Church Service (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.