Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu (14256 Views)

Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) / EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) / EFCC Is Recovering Stolen Money From Diezani Every Day - Itse Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Bobby808: 5:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
foyeks2001:
walahi, I'm just too tired of this country
Donald Trump shud just come and adopt me and family now
Haba! truly Nigeria is a zoo
Some times I ask myself why should I say I am Nigerian? Rooten zoo. No day passes wirhout one hearing foolish talks from foolish Nigerians. In fact, if not for Buhari I would have had very strong doubt thqt majority of Nigerians are worst than the normal community abi local goat. Buhari and its apc members had shown the level of how many people are as senseless as KG children. Almost all the members of Buhari cabenet are very prematured and elementary .
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Emekaz99: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
Diezani really embezzled money from this country
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Jsaviour(f): 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
Where are all the money recovered so far,? where is 25billion stolen by and under buhari? why are we still borrowing and servicing debt with same amount? Whoever says this counrty is not a joke or a hide and seek game, needs serious cane.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by bionixs: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
aolawale025:
If so why is the efcc not keen to try the lady in the law courts
it is only a MUGU that MAGU would mislead with this

1 Like

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by orisa37: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Pay the Recovery to CBN and give the Teller to the Speaker of the Hse of Rep for Publication and safe keeping.

1 Like

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Because she is not available.
lubish she can be tried in absentia . Besides few weeks ago was she not challenging the FG to take her to court ? ?
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
Keneking:
She must go to jail
I'm guessing u hate her.
You are not thinking right to think that any atom of truth will proceed from the mouth of any Zoogeria

1 Like

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bobby808:
Some times I ask myself why should I say I am Nigerian? Rooten zoo. No day passes wirhout one hearing foolish talks from foolish Nigerians. In fact, if not for Buhari I would have had very strong doubt thqt majority of Nigerians are worst than the normal community abi local goat. Buhari and its apc members had shown the level of how many people are as senseless as KG children. Almost all the members of Buhari cabenet are very prematured and elementary .
I just weak nah same Boat we dey . These guys think say nah so we mumu reach ? See the primary 2 lie infact lie mohamed dey learn here.

1 Like

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Brainlet, she's going to be tried in the UK, she's been trying to get into Nigeria to get tried here after learning that she will be tried in UK, wanna know why she would pick Nigeria's justice system instead of the UK?

Protip: It has nothing to do with Patriotism
sharaaap there
which trial in the UK . The only case she had was an unexplained £27k found in her house in the UK . She has since explained it's source and money returned a year ago.case closed . So stop wanking on it . Face reality MAGU is trying to tell is something we don't know.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by GavelSlam: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
erico2k2:

lubish she can be tried in absentia . Besides few weeks ago was she not challenging the FG to take her to court ? ?

That's not what she asked.

She asked she be joined in a case so she could be summoned back home. The court didn't see merit in her request.

Lubbish to you.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

That's not what she asked.

She asked she be joined in a case so she could be summoned back home. The court didn't see merit in her request.

Lubbish to you.
sharaaap there . She does not need to be in court to be tried there is such trial called TRIAL IN ABSENTIAL . You can be sentenced even though you ate not in court . Youths be wise una leaders dey take una resources drink .
Besides she challenged the FG to take her to court .
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by GavelSlam: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
erico2k2:

sharaaap there . She does not need to be in court to be tried there is such trial called TRIAL IN ABSENTIAL . You can be sentenced even though you ate not in court . Youths be wise una leaders dey take una resources drink .
Besides she challenged the FG to take her to court .

Who is your coeval here?
Uncouth mf.
She thief sought to be joined as a third party in a case the learned judge saw no merit in it.

By the way, stop making a fool of yourself it is absentia not that gibberish you wrote up there.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
lightblazingnow:

https://ynaija.com/recovered-43m-diezani-magu/amp/

Only 43million

I thought u people said it's 90 billion dollars grin
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by bigpicture001: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Because she is not available.
..hello,are there humans on the planet Mars and Pluto..? I asked because if you dont know y she is not available, then you are certainly from putter space..welcome bak bro...
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by GavelSlam: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
bigpicture001:
..hello,are there humans on the planet Mars and Pluto..? I asked because if you dont know y she is not available, then you are certainly from putter space..welcome bak bro...

Thanks, feels good to be back.

She's away from the country.

When she comes back she can face the litany of trials that await her.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Who is your coeval here?
Uncouth mf.
She thief sought to be joined as a third party in a case the learned judge saw no merit in it.

By the way, stop making a fool of yourself it is absentia not that gibberish you wrote up there.
ahaha, When you lot have nothing to bring to the table you result to throw your dummy outta the pram,I refuse to proof read wahtever I post on here for mf like you, your MUMU is extreem, now foxtrot Oscar

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by GavelSlam: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
erico2k2:

ahaha, When you lot have nothing to bring to the table you result to throw your dummy outta the pram,I refuse to proof read wahtever I post on here for mf like you, your MUMU is extreem, now foxtrot Oscar

Why won't you resort to memes and epithets?

Tell your principal to make her way down to the country if she thinks she can.

Is anyone chasing her from coming home?

Fking plnker.

1 Like

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by lukmangobir(m): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
So where is the money. magu?
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Why won't you resort to memes and epithets?

Tell your principal to make her way down to the country if she thinks she can.

Is anyone chasing her from coming home?

Fking plnker.
Lin thinikng mf like yours is what is puting your and ur likes in darkness,Look at the way you lot live in Nigeria The aclaimed ZOO, why should she return when there is nothing else to offer?Im still waiting for you to tell me how you knew she had a case in teh Uk when its clear as daylight she has non #educateyourself after you use your main moniker mf

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by GavelSlam: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Lin thinikng mf like yours is what is puting your and ur likes in darkness,Look at the way you lot live in Nigeria The aclaimed ZOO, why should she return when there is nothing else to offer?Im still waiting for you to tell me how you knew she had a case in teh Uk when its clear as daylight she has non #educateyourself after you use your main moniker mf

Because you are outside Nigeria you are trying to distance yourself.

Plnker.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
GavelSlam:

Because you are outside Nigeria you are trying to distance yourself.

Plnker.
where did I say Im outside Nigeria and waht does that have to do with anything Dull brain angry angry

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
aolawale025:
If so why is the efcc not keen to try the lady in the law courts

Let me answer your question for you
Even a mad man and a blind man and a retired justice [ayo salami] knows Nigerian judiciary is a corrupt joke
That's why Magu doesn't want what happened in Ibori's case under Justice Marcel Awokulehin in Federal High Court Asaba to repeat itself
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
genghiskhan007:

Let me answer your question for you
Even a mad man and a blind man and a retired justice [ayo salami] knows Nigerian judiciary is a corrupt joke
That's why Magu doesn't want what happened in Ibori's case under Justice Marcel Awokulehin in Federal High Court Asaba to repeat itself
Y una go dey talk out of una backside, plz show us link where it was statedshe was charged to court in teh UK,I dey wait,Stewpid Bunch of waht i dnt know, hence them lot are taking you lot for a ride angry angry Instead of asking though questions

Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by honeychild(f): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
erico2k2:

sharaaap there
which trial in the UK . The only case she had was an unexplained £27k found in her house in the UK . She has since explained it's source and money returned a year ago.case closed . So stop wanking on it . Face reality MAGU is trying to tell is something we don't know.

So if she is not under trial or investigation in the UK why is she begging Nigerian govt to extradite her so she can be tried in Nigeria? Why can she not just hop on a plane and come back the way she hopped on one when she left?

You only extradite citizens of your country who have committed a crime in another country and are about to be tried there.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by positivetaught: 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
All hail magu the magician!.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
honeychild:

So if she is not under trial or investigation in the UK why is she begging Nigerian govt to extradite her so she can be tried in Nigeria? Why can she not just hop on a plane and come back the way she hopped on one when she left?

You only extradite citizens of your country who have committed a crime in another country and are about to be tried there.
WEll you seem to have asked a reasonable question and you will get a reasonable answer.
Points to Note
* To extradite a person means Gov A request that govt B brings a person from Govt B country to face trial in govt B,s country satisfying govt A that tehre is going to be free and fair trial! teh UK and Nigeria have sign such agreement.
Now back to your initial question,this is waht hapenned
Belgore and Suleiman were arraigned on a five-count charge, wherein Alison-Madueke’s name was mentioned but she was declared as being at large.

At the resumed hearing of the case Tuesday, one Obinna Onya, a lawyer from Abuja, appeared before Justice Aikawa with an application seeking to join Alison-Madueke as one of the defendants in the charge.

The application, filed pursuant to Section 36(1)(5)(6)(a)-(e) of the Constitution and Sections 216(1)(2)(3)(4) and 217 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), is seeking an amendment to the charges against Belgore and Suleiman, so as to join Alison-Madueke as one of the defendants.

The lawyer contended that contrary to the declaration by the EFCC that Alison-Madueke was at large, the former minister was in the UK and was willing to return to Nigeria so that she could appear in court to take her plea and defend the charges.

The lawyer argued that since her name was mentioned in the charge, it would be against her right to fair hearing for the case to proceed without affording her the opportunity to defend herself.
“The statement made by the prosecution means that the applicant (Alison-Madueke) is going to be convicted without being given the opportunity to defend herself,” Onya told Justice Aikawa.

The application prayed for an order “mandating the Attorney General of the Federation, being the agent of the complainant, to facilitate the prompt appearance of the applicant in court on the next adjourned date, to take her plea and to defend the allegations made against her in counts 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the charge, numbered FHC/L/35c/2017”.
Onya urged Justice Aikawa to hear and determine the application before proceeding with the case.
But the EFCC counsel, Rotimi Oyedepo, opposed him, saying the application was not ripe for hearing as he was yet to be served.

However, Onya told the court that he had attempted to serve Oyedepo Tuesday morning in the court premises but that the prosecutor declined, adding that his effort to serve the application at the EFCC office last Friday was also frustrated.

But Oyedepo advised him to go and serve the application at the registry of the EFCC, assuring him that the application would be accepted.
Responding, Justice Aikawa said the court could not entertain the application until all the parties had been properly served.
Meanwhile, the trial proceeded with the second witness for the EFCC, Usman Zakari, continuing his testimony.

Through the witness, Oyedepo tendered two letters written to the EFCC in relation to Standard Charted Bank Nigeria Limited and Guaranty Trust Bank Plc.
The court admitted the two letters as exhibits in evidence against the defendants.
However, Oyedepo’s attempt to tender an electronic mail communication between Alison-Madueke and the Managing Director of Fidelity Bank Plc was resisted by the defence counsel, Mr. Ebun Shofunde (SAN) and Olatunji Ayanlaja (SAN).
They contended that the document was not admissible, as according to them, it did not meet the requirement of the Evidence Act.

Oyedepo sought an adjournment to counter the objection by the defence.
Justice Aikawa adjourned till Wednesday for the continuation of trial.
In the charges, Sulaiman, a Professor of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Abuja, and Belgore, a former governorship aspirant in Kwara State, were accused of conspiring between themselves to commit the offence on March 27, 2015.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
honeychild:

Plz read fru what I just wrote up there.They forgot teh woman can still breath,MayB they thought she is dying of cancer as potrayed.They even said she is at Large when they know where she is.This was waht happened in the case of Dansuki in methu case.The where claiming dansuki was singing he said this he said that.When their hands where twisted to flush Dansuki out, well well, waht did he end up saying He cant remmeber nada
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by mitchelljnr(m): 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
Sir chop Your Own comot as usual , stop calling the woman upandan ;DSir chop Your Own comot as usual , stop calling the woman upandan
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by honeychild(f): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2017
erico2k2:

WEll you seem to have asked a reasonable question and you will get a reasonable answer.
Points to Note
* To extradite a person means Gov A request that govt B brings a person from Govt B country to face trial in govt B,s country satisfying govt A that tehre is going to be free and fair trial! teh UK and Nigeria have sign such agreement.
Now back to your initial question,this is waht hapenned
Belgore and Suleiman were arraigned on a five-count charge, wherein Alison-Madueke’s name was mentioned but she was declared as being at large.

At the resumed hearing of the case Tuesday, one Obinna Onya, a lawyer from Abuja, appeared before Justice Aikawa with an application seeking to join Alison-Madueke as one of the defendants in the charge.

The application, filed pursuant to Section 36(1)(5)(6)(a)-(e) of the Constitution and Sections 216(1)(2)(3)(4) and 217 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), is seeking an amendment to the charges against Belgore and Suleiman, so as to join Alison-Madueke as one of the defendants.

The lawyer contended that contrary to the declaration by the EFCC that Alison-Madueke was at large, the former minister was in the UK and was willing to return to Nigeria so that she could appear in court to take her plea and defend the charges.

The lawyer argued that since her name was mentioned in the charge, it would be against her right to fair hearing for the case to proceed without affording her the opportunity to defend herself.
“The statement made by the prosecution means that the applicant (Alison-Madueke) is going to be convicted without being given the opportunity to defend herself,” Onya told Justice Aikawa.

The application prayed for an order “[/b]mandating the Attorney General of the Federation, being the agent of the complainant, to facilitate the prompt appearance of the applicant[b] in court on the next adjourned date, to take her plea and to defend the allegations made against her in counts 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the charge, numbered FHC/L/35c/2017”.

Yes I understand what she is asking for. My question is

Why does she need the Nigerian government to facilitate her appearance in court?

She is a private citizen. She hopped on a plane and travelled to the UK. Nobody facilitated her trip to the UK.Why does she now need the government to facilitate her trip back?

The only reason I can think of is because she is now no longer free to move out of the UK as she pleases.

She ran away to the UK to avoid being tried in Nigeria. Now she is facing the same over there. To her mind, being tried in Nigeria is the lesser evil, because at least here, she may be able to bribe her way out!0
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by salesforce: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Where is the money
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2017
honeychild:

Yes I understand what she is asking for. My question is

Why does she need the Nigerian government to facilitate her appearance in court?

She is a private citizen. She hopped on a plane and travelled to the UK. Nobody facilitated her trip to the UK.Why does she now need the government to facilitate her trip back?

The only reason I can think of is because she is now no longer free to move out of the UK as she pleases.

She ran away to the UK to avoid being tried in Nigeria. Now she is facing the same over there. To her mind, being tried in Nigeria is the lesser evil, because at least here, she may be able to bribe her way out!0
She is free to leave outside teh UK as she pleases, She has no case to answer in teh UK, THis propaganda was blown out of proportion by the NIgeria FG to cover up their own short comings.Do you have any idea why she was invited for questioning in the UK?.
Besides if you understood the court submissions up there you will see why she needed an invite to come to Nigeria.
Look a Kanu of ipob who has a british passport, if he was Invited by the FG frm the Uk, they would have signed an agreement for free and fair trial,The trial would have been transparent,the Uk govt by now would have been on thier neck to produce kanu.
So if this woman comes to Nigeria nothing would prevent DSS or EFCC to do to her same thing they did to Dansuki to herTo this End she is clever in her way cos if the Nigerian FG invites her officialy,via extradition they would have to sign a agreement for her safety and fair trial then she can Open her mouth to ask the FG prove how all these so called huge sum voted towards her is hers or found in her accounts in person
*As per the case in Nigeria, she is not and has never been on trial on any court in Nigeria rather her name kept comming up with other people's case.
Now if you as a person is accused in court of embasslement say N200m and this money was paid by Alison madueke to your bank and also your sister was charged of same offence to tune of N100M,you both plead not guilty but Alison M is not included in the trial ,wont you ask the prosicutor to provide this Alison whom they claimed transfered this money to your accounts and any evidence therof?
PS.That case died as a result of teh EFCC not able to provide the principle withness Alison M to come to court and support the claims of the EFCC.
It is also worthy of note that she has been living in the UK now for more than 2 years, SHe would be either british or had some residency permit.
Re: We Have Recovered $43m From Diezani – Magu by honeychild(f): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2017
Lol. Well Nigeria is not in a hurry to try her. Let her enjoy her "freedom" in the UK. After all no be today dem dey spoil people name. Even Presidents sef have their reputation spoilt.

But if her "clean name" is more important to her than her "freedom" she is enjoying in the UK, then she should come back home and join whatever suit she wants to join. After all she has freedom of movt.

Me sha I still believe her case is a case of facing trial in the UK v trial in Nigeria. And she prefers Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Calm Returns To Maiduguri Airport After Protest By Soldiers / Atiku: Okowa And I Share The Same Personality, Attributes / Sanwo-Olu Commissions 150 Classroom Blocks, 1,386-Bed Hostels In 15 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.