Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In (5192 Views)

Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
frustratedrat:
i've been to ENT at UBTH and warri General Hospital but no satisfactory response. They doubt my fears. One said i should eat something slippery like okra to ease the food passage. There was no positive result after that.

I really need funds to run a comprehensive scan to find out what's wrong. Or do i take augmentin? I need quick suggestions

Your doctors should stop guessing and refer you to scan (fluoroscopy) and further biopsies.

Difficulty swallowing might be as a result of problem with your GIT, stricture of your oesophagus could be part of it but I’ll advice you to stop googling and see experts. I can assure you that every ailment you google will lead you to be convinced that you are suffering that particular health issue.

Self medication is wrong. Avoid mushroom private clinics that treats every illness as malaria and typhoid. Visit a teaching hospital nearest to you. Don’t procrastinate.
Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
Whoever can help this guy with a job should do so fast. He's suffered enough. Just a comfortable job. Sorry dude.
Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 10, 2017
gbosaa:

Your doctors should stop guessing and refer you to scan (fluoroscopy) and further biopsies.

Difficulty swallowing might be as a result of problem with your GIT, stricture of your oesophagus could be part of it but I’ll advice you to stop googling and see experts. I can assure you that every ailment you google will lead you to be convinced that you are suffering that particular health issue.

Self medication is wrong. Avoid mushroom private clinics that treats every illness as malaria and typhoid. Visit a teaching hospital nearest to you. Don’t procrastinate.
thanks sir for joining in. I feel a little better now. I suspect 'structure of the oesophagus.' it seems like the channel for food passage has become narrow due to something blocking it or twisted.

Sometimes, the narrowness is to the middle, left or right side of my throat. Wherever it narrows to, that's where the food pass. food not well grinded hardly pass. I can't gulp water at once due to the problem. I once took erythromycin but no positive result.

I have to belch or forcefully let out air to make it free. Sometimes, it's like i'm being strangled. I really need help as it is accompanied by other complications. is fluoroscopy the answer? If yes, is it more than 3k?

@rangis, i can see you viewing, please make your input sad
Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2017
frustratedrat:
thanks sir for joining in. I feel a little better now. I suspect 'structure of the oesophagus.' it seems like the channel for food passage has become narrow due to something blocking it or twisted.

Sometimes, the narrowness is to the middle, left or right side of my throat. Wherever it narrows to, that's where the food pass. food not well grinded hardly pass. I can't gulp water at once due to the problem. I once took erythromycin but no positive result.

I have to belch or forcefully let out air to make it free. Sometimes, it's like i'm being strangled. I really need help as it is accompanied by other complications. is fluoroscopy the answer? If yes, is it more than 3k?

@rangis, i can see you viewing, please make your input sad

Fluoroscopy imaging will let the doctors see if there’s any problem with your food passageway. You’ll normally be given a contrast to drink to help enhance or brighten up your GIT on the screen.

It will help them in spotting any problems and also guide them in making the best decisions to help you. It’s wrong for anyone to treat you based on guess work.
I don’t know how much such services would cost where you are.

I hope you get better soon.
Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
hmmm.. Mood unchanged sad
Re: my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
frustratedrat:
hmmm.. Mood unchanged sad
Your symptoms are consistent with oesophagitis. It's an inflammation of the oesophagus following an infection or irritation .. See a doctor ASAP! They might order for some tests (endoscopy, biopsy) to help them rule out other differentials and arrive at a definitive diagnosis

(1) (2) (Reply)

FREE BROWSING CHEAT THREAD ON MTN GLO AAIRTEL ETISALAT / Are Some Women More Prone To Having Girls Only / Morgellons Disease -- The Next Aids?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.