Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Big B@ng Did Not Need God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big B@ng Did Not Need God (1778 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Did Anyone (DEAD/LIVING) Witnessed Evolution Or The Big B@ng? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big B@ng Did Not Need God by jayriginal: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
Our universe could have popped into existence 13.7 billion years ago without any divine help whatsoever, researchers say.

That may run counter to our instincts, which recoil at the thought of something coming from nothing. But we shouldn't necessarily trust our instincts, for they were honed to help us survive on the African savannah 150,000 years ago, not understand the inner workings of the universe.

Instead, scientists say, we should trust the laws of physics.

"The Big Bang could've occurred as a result of just the laws of physics being there," said astrophysicist Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley. "With the laws of physics, you can get universes."

Filippenko spoke here Saturday (June 23) at the SETICon 2 conference, during a panel discussion called "Did the Big Bang Require a Divine Spark?" [Images: Peering Back to the Big Bang]

Quantum fluctuations In the very weird world of quantum mechanics, which describes action on a subatomic scale, random fluctuations can produce matter and energy out of nothingness. And this can lead to very big things indeed, researchers say.

"Quantum mechanical fluctuations can produce the cosmos," said panelist Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the non-profit Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute. "If you would just, in this room, just twist time and space the right way, you might create an entirely new universe. It's not clear you could get into that universe, but you would create it."

"So it could be that this universe is merely the science fair project of a kid in another universe," Shostak added. "I don't know how that affects your theological leanings, but it is something to consider."

Filippenko stressed that such statements are not attacks on the existence of God. Saying the Big Bang — a massive expansion 13.7 billion years ago that blew space up like a gigantic balloon — could have occurred without God is a far cry from saying that God doesn't exist, he said.

"I don't think you can use science to either prove or disprove the existence of God," Filippenko said.

The origin of the laws of physics If we're after the ultimate origin of everything, however, invoking the laws of physics doesn't quite do the trick. It may get us one step closer, but it doesn't take us all the way, Filippenko said.

"The question, then, is, 'Why are there laws of physics?'" he said. "And you could say, 'Well, that required a divine creator, who created these laws of physics and the spark that led from the laws of physics to these universes, maybe more than one.'"

But that answer just continues to kick the can down the road, because you still need to explain where the divine creator came from. The process leads to a never-ending chain that always leaves you short of the ultimate answer, Filippenko said.

The origin of the laws of physics remains a mystery for now, he added, one that we may never be able to solve.

"The 'divine spark' was whatever produced the laws of physics," Filippenko said. "And I don't know what produced that divine spark. So let's just leave it at the laws of physics."

The History & Structure of the Universe (Infographic)The Universe: Big Bang to Now in 10 Easy StepsThe Top 10 Intelligent Designs (or Creation Myths)Copyright 2012 SPACE.com, a TechMediaNetwork company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The interior of Mars holds vast reservoirs of water, with some spots apparently as wet as Earth's innards, scientists say.

The finding upends previous studies, which had estimated that the Red Planet's internal water stores were scanty at best — something of a surprise, given that liquid water apparently flowed on the Martian surface long ago.

"It's been puzzling why previous estimates for the planet's interior have been so dry," co-author Erik Hauri of the Carnegie Institution of Washington said in a statement. "This new research makes sense and suggests that volcanoes may have been the primary vehicle for getting water to the surface."

The scientists examined two Martian meteorites that formed in the planet's mantle, the layer under the crust. These rocks landed on Earth about 2.5 million years ago, after being blasted off the Red Planet by a violent impact.

Using a technique called secondary ion mass spectrometry, the team determined that the mantle from which the meteorites derived contained between 70 and 300 parts per million (ppm) of water. Earth's mantle, for comparison, holds roughly 50 to 300 ppm water, researchers said.

"The results suggest that water was incorporated during the formation of Mars and that the planet was able to store water in its interior during the planet's differentiation," Hauri said.

Some of this water apparently made its made to the surface in the ancient past. NASA's Spirit and Opportunity rovers, which landed on the Red Planet in 2004, have found plenty of evidence that Mars was far warmer and wetter billions of years ago than it is today.

The two golf-cart-size robots have even spotted signs of ancient hydrothermal systems, suggesting that some places on the Red Planet once had both water and an energy source — two key ingredients for the existence of life as we know it.

While the new results should help scientists better understand Mars and its history, they could also shed light on the evolution of large, rocky bodies in a more general sense, researchers said.

"Not only does this study explain how Mars got its water, it provides a mechanism for hydrogen storage in all the terrestrial planets at the time of their formation," lead author Francis McCubbin of the University of New Mexico said in a statement.

The study was published in the journal Geology on June 15.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47948831/ns/technology_and_science-space/

PS: I am posting from my phone. I may edit later.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2012
too long !!
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by IamPhantom(f): 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
Interesting! I really do not know what to make of the big bang theory, with or without the intervention of any gods .
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by DeepSight(m): 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
jayriginal: Our universe could have popped into existence 13.7 billion years ago without any divine help whatsoever, researchers say.

That may run counter to our instincts, which recoil at the thought of something coming from nothing. But we shouldn't necessarily trust our instincts, for they were honed to help us survive on the African savannah 150,000 years ago, not understand the inner workings of the universe.

"The Big Bang could've occurred as a result of just the laws of physics being there," said astrophysicist Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley. "With the laws of physics, you can get universes."

Filippenko spoke here Saturday (June 23) at the SETICon 2 conference, during a panel discussion called "Did the Big Bang Require a Divine Spark?" [Images: Peering Back to the Big Bang]

Quantum fluctuations In the very weird world of quantum mechanics, which describes action on a subatomic scale, random fluctuations can produce matter and energy out of nothingness. And this can lead to very big things indeed, researchers say.

"Quantum mechanical fluctuations can produce the cosmos," said panelist Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the non-profit Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute. "If you would just, in this room, just twist time and space the right way, you might create an entirely new universe. It's not clear you could get into that universe, but you would create it."

"So it could be that this universe is merely the science fair project of a kid in another universe," Shostak added. "I don't know how that affects your theological leanings, but it is something to consider."

Filippenko stressed that such statements are not attacks on the existence of God. Saying the Big Bang — a massive expansion 13.7 billion years ago that blew space up like a gigantic balloon — could have occurred without God is a far cry from saying that God doesn't exist, he said.

"I don't think you can use science to either prove or disprove the existence of God," Filippenko said.

The origin of the laws of physics If we're after the ultimate origin of everything, however, invoking the laws of physics doesn't quite do the trick. It may get us one step closer, but it doesn't take us all the way, Filippenko said.

"The question, then, is, 'Why are there laws of physics?'" he said. "And you could say, 'Well, that required a divine creator, who created these laws of physics and the spark that led from the laws of physics to these universes, maybe more than one.'"

But that answer just continues to kick the can down the road, because you still need to explain where the divine creator came from. The process leads to a never-ending chain that always leaves you short of the ultimate answer, Filippenko said.

The origin of the laws of physics remains a mystery for now, he added, one that we may never be able to solve.

"The 'divine spark' was whatever produced the laws of physics," Filippenko said. "And I don't know what produced that divine spark. So let's just leave it at the laws of physics."

The History & Structure of the Universe (Infographic)The Universe: Big Bang to Now in 10 Easy StepsThe Top 10 Intelligent Designs (or Creation Myths)Copyright 2012 SPACE.com, a TechMediaNetwork company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The interior of Mars holds vast reservoirs of water, with some spots apparently as wet as Earth's innards, scientists say.

The finding upends previous studies, which had estimated that the Red Planet's internal water stores were scanty at best — something of a surprise, given that liquid water apparently flowed on the Martian surface long ago.

"It's been puzzling why previous estimates for the planet's interior have been so dry," co-author Erik Hauri of the Carnegie Institution of Washington said in a statement. "This new research makes sense and suggests that volcanoes may have been the primary vehicle for getting water to the surface."

The scientists examined two Martian meteorites that formed in the planet's mantle, the layer under the crust. These rocks landed on Earth about 2.5 million years ago, after being blasted off the Red Planet by a violent impact.

Using a technique called secondary ion mass spectrometry, the team determined that the mantle from which the meteorites derived contained between 70 and 300 parts per million (ppm) of water. Earth's mantle, for comparison, holds roughly 50 to 300 ppm water, researchers said.

"The results suggest that water was incorporated during the formation of Mars and that the planet was able to store water in its interior during the planet's differentiation," Hauri said.

Some of this water apparently made its made to the surface in the ancient past. NASA's Spirit and Opportunity rovers, which landed on the Red Planet in 2004, have found plenty of evidence that Mars was far warmer and wetter billions of years ago than it is today.

The two golf-cart-size robots have even spotted signs of ancient hydrothermal systems, suggesting that some places on the Red Planet once had both water and an energy source — two key ingredients for the existence of life as we know it.

While the new results should help scientists better understand Mars and its history, they could also shed light on the evolution of large, rocky bodies in a more general sense, researchers said.

"Not only does this study explain how Mars got its water, it provides a mechanism for hydrogen storage in all the terrestrial planets at the time of their formation," lead author Francis McCubbin of the University of New Mexico said in a statement.

I see you have not been taking your medication.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by logicboy01: 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

I see you have not been taking your medication.

On the other hand, you have been taking some haterade. Very disgusting drink, I might add. wink
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by DeepSight(m): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2012
logicboy01:

On the other hand, you have been taking some haterade. Very disgusting drink, I might add. wink

O, shat ap there, will ya.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by logicboy01: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Deep Sight:

O, shat ap there, will ya.

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
jayriginal: Our universe could have popped into existence 13.7 billion years ago without any divine help whatsoever, researchers say.

This is very interesting.

These are the points I have made severally on previous threads regarding the origin of the universe, namely; The universe did not need a god to create it and if there was indeed a creator, then that creator would also be part of another universe that would have also needed creator,and so on.

I read, some time ago about two scientists, a german scientist in the 1930s and a more recent russian or easyern european scientist who claimed or publish material that implying that it was possible to creat time and space (the universe)in lab.

I will do a little research to get their names and possibly the publications.

Indeed, i have often pondered and even worried that atoms might just be mini universes, given that subatomic partIcles behave much in the same ways as the cosmic forces in interstellar space. i worry that when we smash atoms that we might just be desrtoying an entire universe and creating new ones. who says that the big bang that gave rise to our universe was not just someones deliberate experiment or lab accidental?

1 Like

Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
These kinds of articles are embarrassing.

Both the author & the OP went with the title: "The Big B@ng Did Not Need God", yet a direct quote from the scientist in question says this: "The Big Bang could've occurred as a result of just the laws of physics being there," said astrophysicist Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley."

Can anyone spot the difference? It is great to continue researching these things but lazy, casual articles like these are just disappointing particularly because they're not telling us anything new or substantive.

There is nothing new in this article. They're saying the big bang may not have needed a divine spark. Anyone equally armed with enough technical jargon can also write an article and says the big bang may have needed a divine spark. And then they backtrack saying....the laws of physics may have been enough BUT they don't know what initiated the laws of physics to begin with - if physics itself may/may not have been a result of a divine spark.

Furthermore the article is full of so many "maybes" "mights" "possiblys" "could haves" etc I can start a festival with them... I mean what does this statement even mean:
? what? where's the research to show this? or is all that is required to pass off as 'science' these days a barrage of speculative unsubstantiated technical jargon flung one after another to bamboozle the casual reader?

Abeg, next.

1 Like

Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2012
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
JeSoul: These kinds of articles are embarrassing.

Both the author & the OP went with the title: "The Big B@ng Did Not Need God", yet a direct quote from the scientist in question says this: "The Big Bang could've occurred as a result of just the laws of physics being there," said astrophysicist Alex Filippenko of the University of California, Berkeley."

Can anyone spot the difference? It is great to continue researching these things but lazy, casual articles like these are just disappointing particularly because they're not telling us anything new or substantive.

There is nothing new in this article. They're saying the big bang may not have needed a divine spark. Anyone equally armed with enough technical jargon can also write an article and says the big bang may have needed a divine spark. And then they backtrack saying....the laws of physics may have been enough BUT they don't know what initiated the laws of physics to begin with - if physics itself may/may not have been a result of a divine spark.

Furthermore the article is full of so many "maybes" "mights" "possiblys" "could haves" etc I can start a festival with them... I mean what does this statement even mean:
? what? where's the research to show this? or is all that is required to pass off as 'science' these days a barrage of speculative unsubstantiated technical jargon flung one after another to bamboozle the casual reader?

Abeg, next.

I see no contradictions here. The is nothing wrong with ifs and maybes.science is has never been about absolute knowledge, it has always been about questions and ore questions. This scientists above made his statements based on the body of knowledge that is already available. He does not need to publish studies to support every statement that he makes.
Tomorrow, another scientist with new knowledge may prove this one to be entirely wrong, and then new questions arise. That is how the scientific method marches on.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
plaetton: Here is a link.
http://www.casavaria.com/sentido/science/2006/06-0802-new-universe.htm

I will take more time to read through this link, but just a quick skim through at their conclusion
It is expected that the separation between our space-time and the baby universe would occur so quickly, it might be impossible —within the limitations of our physical universe— to observe its having been created.

pls correct me if I'm wrong here....so they might at some point be able to create this baby universe, but in all likelihood will never be actually able to know or prove for certain if they actually created it?
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 6:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
plaetton:

I see no contradictions here. The is nothing wrong with ifs and maybes.science has never been about absolute knowledge, it has always been about questions and more questions. This scientists above made his statements based on the body of knowledge that is already available. He does not need to publish studies to support every statement that he makes.
Tomorrow, another scientist with new knowledge may prove this one to be entirely wrong, and then new questions arise. That is how the scientific method marches on.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
plaetton:

I see no contradictions here. The is nothing wrong with ifs and maybes.science is has never been about absolute knowledge, it has always been about questions and ore questions.
Indeed there is absolutely nothing wrong with 'ifs' & 'maybes' as long as 1It is not being passed off as absolute and most importantly 2 it is backed by solid, verifiable, reproducible research - even though its not entirely proven yet. I'm sorry, it is not nearly enough to speculate and then pass off to lazy journalists to reproduce for mass consumption. Your quote below is not entirely representative of the article:
This scientists above made his statements based on the body of knowledge that is already available. He does not need to publish studies to support every statement that he makes.
The speculation that universes can simply be created is not based on any "body of knowledge that is already available" especially when you go further to state that you probably cannot even measure or verify that any universe was created!

I appreciate & respect theories borne out of solid research (which is why I lend plenty of salt to evolution in spite of the shortcomings it has). This however, is not close to respecting the basic requirements for passing off as a scientific theory. I might as well ask mama sunday what she thinks about how the universe came about...she also will not be able to prove it just like these guys, so what makes them different?
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by Kay17: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2012
I still think a context/background is needed for all those rules and behaviours to act out.

We shouldn't look for a world out of nothing, rather break it down.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
There is sometimes a world of difference between what is theoretical and what is engineerable. Theoretically, based on what is already known about particles, gravity and torsion fields, a universe can be created in a lab even if the engineering specifications for such an endeavour has not been pefected in our current time.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
plaetton:

I see no contradictions here. The is nothing wrong with ifs and maybes.science is has never been about absolute knowledge, it has always been about questions and ore questions. This scientists above made his statements based on the body of knowledge that is already available. He does not need to publish studies to support every statement that he makes.
sir. there's a contradiction. If the author (going by the title) said the big b@ng did not need a god and in the article he later says could have or may not, shows some level of uncertainty. If he had facts to prove that the big b@ng did occurred without a god, he should have stated it. We've read this before
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by DeepSight(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2012
Let us please stop this embarrasing stupidity.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by plaetton: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
toba.:
sir. there's a contradiction. If the author (going by the title) said the big b@ng did not need a god and in the article he later says could have or may not, shows some level of uncertainty. If he had facts to prove that the big b@ng did occurred without a god, he should have stated it. We've read this before

But ofcourse he shows level of uncertainty. If everything was certain, there would be no need for theoretical physicists.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by dorox(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
This article doesn't make much sense to me, indeed not only do i find the claims contradictory with the little O'level physics i did and the little bits i picked up informally, i also found the author of the article to be disingenuous in not talking about the energy involved in the creation of the cosmos.
From Einstein's special law of relativity equation E=mc2 the relationship between mass and energy can be clearly seen where E is energy, m is mass and the constant c represents the velocity of light in a vcuum. This means that if you can make a tiny amount of mass to disappear it would result in the release of an enormous amount of energy that is equal to the lost mass multiplied by the velocity of light squared. Conversely, an enormous amount of energy is needed in order to create a tiny amount of mass as is evident in a particle accelerator.
Soon after the cataclysmic explosion of the primordial atom, there was no matter just energy and as the universe cooled down matter condensed from energy just like water from steam. In other words all that exist today is as a result of the energy present at the big bang.
Where the article is right is that without the 'laws of physics' blind release of energy is often destructive rather than creative so the universe would most likely not have formed at least not like we know it. But even with the right physics, without energy nothing would have formed, no amount of 'quantum mechanical fluctuations' could have produced anything without energy. And according to my basic understanding of the law of thermodynamics, energy cannot come from nothing.
I believe that God is the producer of that initial energy. If na only physics dey required why them wey be scientist no dey make their own universe?

1 Like

Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by jayriginal: 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
JeSoul: These kinds of articles are embarrassing.

Abeg, next.

JeSoul, you see I put the link there ? You also see I said I might edit later ?

Its simple really. Saying something didnt need god is not the same as saying god isnt a factor!
He said it didnt need god. He didnt say that it occurred without god. You spot the difference.

Keep your blood pressure down.

PS
If the author titled his piece one way, am I supposed to change it ?
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by jayriginal: 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2012

Filippenko stressed that such statements are not attacks on the existence of God. Saying the Big Ban.g — a massive expansion 13.7 billion years ago that blew space up like a gigantic balloon — could have occurred without God is a far cry from saying that God doesn't exist, he said.

Why the paranoia ?

I don't think you can use science to either prove or disprove the existence of God," Filippenko said.

undecided

All these went unnoticed ?

Something else may fly over heads again. Notice the words 'divine spark', and what I really mean is notice that the words are in quotes.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by dorox(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2012
jayriginal:

JeSoul, you see I put the link there ? You also see I said I might edit later ?

Its simple really. Saying something didnt need god is not the same as saying god isnt a factor!
He said it didnt need god. He didnt say that it occurred without god. You spot the difference.

Keep your blood pressure down.

PS
If the author titled his piece one way, am I supposed to change it ?

Could you please explain the difference to me , i seem to be a bit slow this morning.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by snthesis(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
jayriginal:

'divine spark',
cool new geeky word for God cheesy cheesy

Jehovah my Divine Spark
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
jayriginal:

Why the paranoia ?

undecided

All these went unnoticed ?

Something else may fly over heads again. Notice the words 'divine spark', and what I really mean is notice that the words are in quotes.
Went unnoticed? not a chance.

If you re-read my post you'll see I do not include mentions on the existence of God anywhere - that wasn't the focus of the article. Yes you titled the thread same as the author of the article but you both misquoted the scientist - the title is an absolute statement, while the quote within the article is not - and in the context of scientific discussions it is a very important distinction.

Secondly, the author & the astrophysicist are trying to play ball here... you title the article/research "big bang did(may) not need God" - they have already introduced God into the matter! and then try to side-step the landmine by saying "let's just leave it at the laws of physics".

If they truly wanted a strictly scientific discussion and were not attempting to comment on the involvement (not existence) of a "God" then why the misleading title? its a lazy article. The author knows throwing out certain catch phrases will ellicit a certain audience/reaction and that's what he did.

and oh, my BP (as of few days ago) is fine jare smiley. I just dislike lazy work that pretends to masquerade as science. As one who careers in science, it is particularly embarrassing to see. And as a spiritual person I especially enjoy reading new scientific discoveries that push the boundaries of what we already know.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by logicboy01: 2:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
JeSoul: Went unnoticed? not a chance.

If you re-read my post you'll see I do not include mentions on the existence of God anywhere - that wasn't the focus of the article. Yes you titled the thread same as the author of the article but you both misquoted the scientist - the title is an absolute statement, while the quote within the article is not - and in the context of scientific discussions it is a very important distinction.

Secondly, the author & the astrophysicist are trying to play ball here... you title the article/research "big bang did(may) not need God" - they have already introduced God into the matter! and then try to side-step the landmine by saying "let's just leave it at the laws of physics".

If they truly wanted a strictly scientific discussion and were not attempting to comment on the involvement (not existence) of a "God" then why the misleading title? its a lazy article. The author knows throwing out certain catch phrases will illicit a certain audience/reaction and that's what he did.

and oh, my BP (as of few days ago) is fine jare smiley. I just dislike lazy work that pretends to masquerade as science. As one who careers in science, it is particularly embarrassing to see. And as a spiritual person I especially enjoy reading new scientific discoveries that push the boundaries of what we already know.

Sorry for being off topic but are you a Glenn Beck fan by the way? I came across one of your past posts
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01: Sorry for being off topic but are you a Glenn Beck fan by the way? I came across one of your past posts
Apologies to Jayriginal too for offtopic. Glenn Beck...used to listen to him some yrs back but not anymore. Fan? nope. See this FA thread https://www.nairaland.com/768858/glenn-beck-now-pastor-preacher#9232686
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by jayriginal: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Jesoul, haba.
I simply gave the topic the same title with the article. Was I supposed to retitle it?

Also, as I pointed out, saying something didn't need god is very different from saying god didn't do it.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by jayriginal: 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
dorox:

Could you please explain the difference to me , i seem to be a bit slow this morning.

God didn't do it is self explanatory.

It didn't need god means it could have happened without god (not that it happened without god). Its certainly not the same as the first statement above.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by DeepSight(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
jayriginal:

Also, as I pointed out, saying something didn't need god is very different from saying god didn't do it.

Just how different, really? - When you consider the fact that a definitive phenomenon such as the big b@ng would likely have a definitive precursor in causality.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by JeSoul(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
jayriginal: Jesoul, haba.
I simply gave the topic the same title with the article. Was I supposed to retitle it?

My brother no wahala jare. Beef is with mr Mike Wall for a shoddily written article.

And no beef either with this "saying something didn't need god is very different from saying god didn't do it", the issue is commenting on God at all! in the context of a scientific discussion.
Re: Big B@ng Did Not Need God by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2012
JeSoul: My brother no wahala jare..

Off topic..........you sound like a "social conservative", do you lean left or right and why? If you don't mind me asking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Fails People. True Or False? / Not An Atheist In A Foxhole / The Apostolic Church Osogbo Making Way For Road Expansion. PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.